Site Notices
Page / 557
Link Posted: 6/7/2023 11:12:05 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Those rafters look horrible.
View Quote
Basically the same thing as the SoFi stadium.

Link Posted: 6/7/2023 11:13:06 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

I think the Cowboys are traditionally known for cocaine use and domestic violence, not gambling.
View Quote

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 6/7/2023 11:13:57 AM EDT
[#3]
Madden cover reveal:

Link Posted: 6/7/2023 11:37:34 AM EDT
[#4]

Well he accomplished getting on the cover and pretty much nothing else so far.
Link Posted: 6/7/2023 12:15:46 PM EDT
[#5]
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Those rafters look horrible.
Basically the same thing as the SoFi stadium.

https://image.cnbcfm.com/api/v1/image/106698727-1599822851881-SoFi_Stadium_est_2020.JPG?v=1599822928

$5.5B and yet, despite having a roof, fans get soaked when it rains.
Link Posted: 6/7/2023 12:17:01 PM EDT
[#6]

Seriously? That’s the official cover?  Most of the fan-made ones looked better than that.
Link Posted: 6/7/2023 12:17:11 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Eric Mangini, "The progress the Chicago Bears have made this offseason, and where Justin Fields is heading, makes them a lot more dangerous team than anybody is envisioning them to be."

https://gifdb.com/images/thumbnail/lilo-and-stitch-please-h6vz5m7zs2d521ij.gif
View Quote
So third in their division?
Link Posted: 6/7/2023 12:27:32 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
View Quote
You and I both know that is perfectly acceptable to Bears fans...
As long as the Packers are the 4th team.
Link Posted: 6/7/2023 12:34:20 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Jaguars just posted (10 minutes ago) a video for their new 1st Downtown Jacksonville concept/stadium district.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h556-OxMSwA

Renderings:
Click To View Spoiler
View Quote

Should be an air conditioned dome.
Link Posted: 6/7/2023 12:40:13 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

$5.5B and yet, despite having a roof, fans get soaked when it rains.
View Quote

Countless responses so far that it resembles a cheaper version of So-Fi.
Link Posted: 6/7/2023 12:47:28 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Countless responses so far that it resembles a cheaper version of So-Fi.
View Quote

They should call it the Jacksonville Omnipurpose Regional Temple of Sport.  The JORTS.
Link Posted: 6/7/2023 12:49:54 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Eric Mangini, "The progress the Chicago Bears have made this offseason, and where Justin Fields is heading, makes them a lot more dangerous team than anybody is envisioning them to be."

https://gifdb.com/images/thumbnail/lilo-and-stitch-please-h6vz5m7zs2d521ij.gif

I think for the Bears to be “a lot more dangerous team than anybody is envisioning them to be” they’d need to finish at least 2nd.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 6/7/2023 1:31:02 PM EDT
[#13]
Inside the NFL (formerly on HBO, Showtime and Paramount+), the longest running cable TV series of all time (airing since 1977, entering it's 47th season), will be moving from cable to standard broadcast, airing on The CW on Tuesdays beginning September 5th. Episodes will be available to stream on their app and on their website.

Because this is the first time the series has ever been on broadcast, this will also mark the first time the series has ever been available for sponsorship and advertising opportunities.

"We are excited to partner with NFL Films and welcome 'Inside the NFL' to the CW Sports family," president of The CW Network Dennis Miller said. "For almost five decades, 'Inside the NFL' has been an industry leader in showcasing can't-miss weekly highlights, unprecedented behind-the-scenes content, exclusive access to players and lively discussion. By combining this premiere NFL content with our robust broadcast audience, we look forward to bringing this legendary sports series to more fans than ever before and to advertisers for the first time."

As part of The CW's rebranding, the network has been more focused on sports. The broadcast network is currently the home of the LIV Golf League and noted that they were in talks with "every league" in the current sports market.
Link Posted: 6/7/2023 1:37:14 PM EDT
[#14]
The Denver Broncos have signed QB Ben DiNucci following his attendance at their mini camp last weekend. DiNucci led the XFL with 2,671 passing yards for the Seattle Sea Dragons last season. He was a 2020 7th round pick by the Cowboys and had 3 game appearances and 1 start before being released.

That puts 4 quarterbacks on the camp roster.
Link Posted: 6/7/2023 1:51:27 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Inside the NFL (formerly on HBO, Showtime and Paramount+), the longest running cable TV series of all time (airing since 1977, entering it's 47th season), will be moving from cable to standard broadcast, airing on The CW on Tuesdays beginning September 5th. Episodes will be available to stream on their app and on their website.

Because this is the first time the series has ever been on broadcast, this will also mark the first time the series has ever been available for sponsorship and advertising opportunities.

"We are excited to partner with NFL Films and welcome 'Inside the NFL' to the CW Sports family," president of The CW Network Dennis Miller said. "For almost five decades, 'Inside the NFL' has been an industry leader in showcasing can't-miss weekly highlights, unprecedented behind-the-scenes content, exclusive access to players and lively discussion. By combining this premiere NFL content with our robust broadcast audience, we look forward to bringing this legendary sports series to more fans than ever before and to advertisers for the first time."

As part of The CW's rebranding, the network has been more focused on sports. The broadcast network is currently the home of the LIV Golf League and noted that they were in talks with "every league" in the current sports market.
View Quote

I literally laughed out loud reading that.
Link Posted: 6/7/2023 2:19:27 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

View Quote
I did a double take when I saw it. Went and checked it out. The CW was bought out by Nexstar last year. They own around 200 TV channels. During the buyout The CW was the lowest rated broadcast network. Nexstar has been targeting an older market than The CW previously did, cancelling 9 series during the buyout, 7 in one day.
Link Posted: 6/7/2023 2:22:28 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

View Quote

Grew up watching that show. Without Len and Nick it’s dead to me.
Link Posted: 6/7/2023 2:35:00 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
I did a double take when I saw it. Went and checked it out. The CW was bought out by Nexstar last year. They own around 200 TV channels. During the buyout The CW was the lowest rated broadcast network. Nexstar has been targeting an older market than The CW previously did, cancelling 9 series during the buyout, 7 in one day.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

They might want to change the name then.

Unless of course they actually want for their channel to be associated with trashy teen dramas made for girls.
Link Posted: 6/7/2023 2:51:17 PM EDT
[#19]
Via Jeff Risdon (Lions reporter), his understanding of Jameson Williams' betting infraction which led to his 6 game suspension, was that Jameson placed a bet on a college football game via an app on his phone while staying in a team hotel for an away game out of state.

Copy pasted from the NFL's Gambling Policy released in 2018 (in place for 5 seasons): Gambling in the Workplace: NFL Personnel shall not engage in any form of gambling while in any Club or League setting including, without limitation, locker rooms, practice or office facilities, team buses, trains, flights, or hotels, or while traveling on Club or League business.

Edit: Sucks to be hit for something so minor, but ignorance of the rule, or it being a shitty rule, doesn't mean you didn't break it.

Double Edit: Punishment scale for issues related to the league vs individual issues (like gambling vs domestic issues) is also still fucked. Nothing new there.
Link Posted: 6/7/2023 2:56:12 PM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 6/7/2023 5:51:46 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Most of my friends are Bears fans.  You're not wrong
Link Posted: 6/8/2023 2:58:17 AM EDT
[#22]

Freaking gold.
Link Posted: 6/8/2023 6:09:26 AM EDT
[#23]

Heheheh. That type of burn will land ya on IR.

Link Posted: 6/8/2023 10:04:11 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Attachment Attached File

Yep, I used to watch it with my Dad when I was a kid. Agreed
Link Posted: 6/8/2023 10:04:32 AM EDT
[#25]
Link Posted: 6/8/2023 10:05:39 AM EDT
[#26]
Sorry Vikings fans, Cousins get wrecked here at :28s on

Madden 24 Official Reveal Trailer
Link Posted: 6/8/2023 10:23:35 AM EDT
[#27]
Link Posted: 6/8/2023 10:32:16 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
View Quote

That is big...he was a good part of their offense.
Link Posted: 6/8/2023 11:06:13 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
View Quote
We've all been waiting for it. They have tried to deal him the entire off-season. No one wanted to take on the $11M salary he was going to have this season. They are not going to process the release until Friday afternoon, so one more shot at finding a partner (doubtful).

They will owe him $2M. With a post-June-1st designation it will be $5.1M in deadcap in 2023, a cap savings of aprox $9M.

Link Posted: 6/8/2023 11:07:54 AM EDT
[#30]
Link Posted: 6/8/2023 11:58:45 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
We've all been waiting for it. They have tried to deal him the entire off-season. No one wanted to take on the $11M salary he was going to have this season. They are not going to process the release until Friday afternoon, so one more shot at finding a partner (doubtful).

They will owe him $2M. With a post-June-1st designation it will be $5.1M in deadcap in 2023, a cap savings of aprox $9M.

View Quote
He wants to play for Miami.
Link Posted: 6/8/2023 12:00:49 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Went to Florida State, right? Hard to blame a kid for wanting to go home.

As for Denver, I'd stay as far from that offense as I could if I were an excellent young RB.
Link Posted: 6/8/2023 12:07:20 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

He'll go to whoever will give him money in a bad RB market.

Link Posted: 6/8/2023 12:17:22 PM EDT
[#34]
They missed something on the cover... Oops.

Link Posted: 6/8/2023 1:00:11 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

As for Denver, I'd stay as far from that offense as I could if I were an excellent young RB.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

He's from Miami and grew up a dolphins fan.
Link Posted: 6/8/2023 1:01:26 PM EDT
[#36]
Link Posted: 6/8/2023 1:34:58 PM EDT
[#37]
Link Posted: 6/8/2023 1:52:55 PM EDT
[#38]
Tua is sporting a new helmet cam today.

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 6/8/2023 3:24:19 PM EDT
[#39]
Via SB Nation: The Broncos picked the saddest team motto imaginable

Last season “Let’s Ride” became the meme motto of the NFL. The Broncos incessant need to repeat it endlessly as part of Russell Wilson joining the team became a punchline when everything went to hell.

There was a way to come up with something that kept expectations measured for the upcoming season without it being sad as hell - but Denver made it pathetic.

UNCOMMON

There has never been a worse sports phrase. These are branded shirts too, so it’s not like Ben Powers came up with this idea himself. It’s not even a call to action with a deeper meaning like “Be Uncommon.” That would still be really dumb, but better than just “UNCOMMON.”

When the explanation for your weird phrase is that winning in the NFL is uncommon, then you have problems. Firstly, winning games isn’t uncommon. You have a 50 percent chance on 17 attempts. If you just rolled the dice you’d win 8-9 games. More than that, it’s immediately telling everyone “we know we’re going to suck, but we told y’all that winning is uncommon.” The very best you can hope for is that you defy expectations and have a good season, but then you’ve only told people “we were uncommon,” and that’s sad.
Link Posted: 6/8/2023 4:03:26 PM EDT
[#40]

Link Posted: 6/8/2023 4:15:39 PM EDT
[#41]
Link Posted: 6/8/2023 5:02:18 PM EDT
[#42]
Simms is getting torn apart today. I had no idea what it was about, so had to look it up to get the gist of it. Here's the info:

A man named Eric Carmona created a Tua Tagovailoa fan club/social media account. It was called "TuAnon" and he would post videos while wearing a Dolphin mask and using a voice distorter. Last week, at the age of 30, with a wife and four children, he died in a motorcycle accident in Murrieta, CA. Via the police report it sounds like he ran a red light and slammed into the side of a teenage woman's car.

Anyways, his family started a GoFundMe because that's what people do now-a-days I guess.

Tua then donated $10,000 and stated on Twitter, "Earlier this week, the Dolphins lost one of our biggest fans. Eric Carmona tragically lost his life in a car accident on his way to work. He leaves behind his wife and 4 kids. If you can help at all, either through their GoFundMe or with a prayer, it would mean a lot."

Tyreek joined in and donated $7,000 and the Dolphins President Tom Garfinkel donated another $1,000.

Now to the "story", finally.

Chris Simms and Florio were doing their thing on PFT and they were talking about the Dolphins and they got on the story of the deceased and the donations. Simms then went on the offensive and said the donation was a nice gesture and it's a horrible thing the guy died... BUT... he says the guy was a troll and would troll himself (Simms) on Twitter.

When questioned about it by Florio, Simms said it was a "deep" and "societal" subject that he wouldn't go into it because he would just get himself into trouble. Florio said it wasn't that deep, it's just sports and fans that love their team. Simms said the donation was a bad example by giving money to a guy who is very negative.

After the show Florio went and donated $2,500 himself while Simms is getting shredded online.
Link Posted: 6/8/2023 5:14:49 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
Simms is getting torn apart today. I had no idea what it was about, so had to look it up to get the gist of it. Here's the info:

A man named Eric Carmona created a Tua Tagovailoa fan club/social media account. It was called "TuAnon" and he would post videos while wearing a Dolphin mask and using a voice distorter. Last week, at the age of 30, with a wife and four children, he died in a motorcycle accident in Murrieta, CA. Via the police report it sounds like he ran a red light and slammed into the side of a teenage woman's car.

Anyways, his family started a GoFundMe because that's what people do now-a-days I guess.

Tua then donated $10,000 and stated on Twitter, "Earlier this week, the Dolphins lost one of our biggest fans. Eric Carmona tragically lost his life in a car accident on his way to work. He leaves behind his wife and 4 kids. If you can help at all, either through their GoFundMe or with a prayer, it would mean a lot."

Tyreek joined in and donated $7,000 and the Dolphins President Tom Garfinkel donated another $1,000.

Now to the "story", finally.

Chris Simms and Florio were doing their thing on PFT and they were talking about the Dolphins and they got on the story of the deceased and the donations. Simms then went on the offensive and said the donation was a nice gesture and it's a horrible thing the guy died... BUT... he says the guy was a troll and would troll himself (Simms) on Twitter.

When questioned about it by Florio, Simms said it was a "deep" and "societal" subject that he wouldn't go into it because he would just get himself into trouble. Florio said it wasn't that deep, it's just sports and fans that love their team. Simms said the donation was a bad example by giving money to a guy who is very negative.

After the show Florio went and donated $2,500 himself while Simms is getting shredded online.
View Quote

So fucking dumb...
Link Posted: 6/8/2023 5:19:52 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

So fucking dumb...
View Quote

He has that fetal alcohol syndrome look about him. As if he marinated for 9 months in abiotic fluid that was 99.9% Stoli vodka. Poor stupid fucker. I feel bad for him.
Link Posted: 6/8/2023 5:20:09 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

So fucking dumb...
View Quote
The top post on Reddit says, "Imagine being in a conversation with Mike Florio and you walk out the biggest asshole".
Link Posted: 6/8/2023 5:31:27 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

Well he accomplished getting on the cover and pretty much nothing else so far.
View Quote

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 6/8/2023 5:35:30 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
They missed something on the cover... Oops.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FyGq9SQaIAc4sWx?format=jpg&name=small
View Quote

Nope, that's Romo's wiener.  
Link Posted: 6/8/2023 5:59:21 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
The top post on Reddit says, "Imagine being in a conversation with Mike Florio and you walk out the biggest asshole".
View Quote
Imagine being in a conversation with Mike Florio and you walk out the biggest idiot.  
Link Posted: 6/8/2023 6:24:59 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

So fucking dumb...

Link Posted: 6/8/2023 6:36:14 PM EDT
[#50]
Jack Jones (Patriots CB) on Twitter: "I never mouthed off at Bill idk where y'all getting that from "

Someone sent him an article from Albert Breer (SI) where Breer said Jack Jones was late to rehab, missed sessions and "I even think he talked back to Bill a little bit about it".

Jack: "He blocked I didn't even realize ima unblock him he gotta see this"

Jack: "@AlbertBreer please don't write false stories. how you portray the players to the media could help or hurt our career im not asking you not to do your job but DONT LIE @AlbertBreer"
Page / 557
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top