BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 557
Link Posted: 6/8/2023 8:48:17 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
The top post on Reddit says, "Imagine being in a conversation with Mike Florio and you walk out the biggest asshole".
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

So fucking dumb...
The top post on Reddit says, "Imagine being in a conversation with Mike Florio and you walk out the biggest asshole".

That's hilarious. Honestly though, I thought the whole thing was dumb from multiple perspectives.

It's dumb because Simms should know that by simply being in front of a camera that some people are going to criticize whatever he says. There isn't really an elegant way to say you didn't like the guy who died, and he should obviously know how that's going to come across to others, aka looking like a bigger asshole than Florio.

It's dumb that people are actually taking the time out of their day to criticize him as well. There's no obligation for him to donate to, or even speak well of the dead. Especially if the dude had actually trolled Simms. We all know that choosing to not donate to people you don't agree with or don't like is a perfectly reasonable stance to take.

And finally, it's dumb that it's become normalized to set up a GFM anytime someone dies. I mean, if it just makes it easier for friends and family to help out then whatever, but when you're clearly trying to get sports and TV personalities to donate as well... Plus, it's just a funeral. Sure they're not cheap, but it's not like it's going to be some indefinite period of needing money like you might need for treating cancer. Dude owned a motorcycle, grow the fuck up and buy a fucking life insurance policy that will allow your family to bury you and not live on the streets.
Link Posted: 6/9/2023 11:04:43 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Simms is getting torn apart today. I had no idea what it was about, so had to look it up to get the gist of it. Here's the info:

A man named Eric Carmona created a Tua Tagovailoa fan club/social media account. It was called "TuAnon" and he would post videos while wearing a Dolphin mask and using a voice distorter. Last week, at the age of 30, with a wife and four children, he died in a motorcycle accident in Murrieta, CA. Via the police report it sounds like he ran a red light and slammed into the side of a teenage woman's car.

Anyways, his family started a GoFundMe because that's what people do now-a-days I guess.

Tua then donated $10,000 and stated on Twitter, "Earlier this week, the Dolphins lost one of our biggest fans. Eric Carmona tragically lost his life in a car accident on his way to work. He leaves behind his wife and 4 kids. If you can help at all, either through their GoFundMe or with a prayer, it would mean a lot."

Tyreek joined in and donated $7,000 and the Dolphins President Tom Garfinkel donated another $1,000.

Now to the "story", finally.

Chris Simms and Florio were doing their thing on PFT and they were talking about the Dolphins and they got on the story of the deceased and the donations. Simms then went on the offensive and said the donation was a nice gesture and it's a horrible thing the guy died... BUT... he says the guy was a troll and would troll himself (Simms) on Twitter.

When questioned about it by Florio, Simms said it was a "deep" and "societal" subject that he wouldn't go into it because he would just get himself into trouble. Florio said it wasn't that deep, it's just sports and fans that love their team. Simms said the donation was a bad example by giving money to a guy who is very negative.

After the show Florio went and donated $2,500 himself while Simms is getting shredded online.
View Quote

I’ve been saying it for years.  For pretty much every national sports talk show “personality” I’ve ever seen, the really dumb things they say seem to be just an act to get clicks.

Chris Simms is the only one I’ve seen in which I do NOT think it’s just an act and that instead he’s honestly a fuckin’ moron.
Link Posted: 6/9/2023 11:27:10 AM EDT
[#3]

There are only 4 eligible teams this season. New Orleans, Washington, Chicago and New York.

The Bears Chairman George McCaskey made a statement back in March they didn't want Hard Knocks. This week both the head coaches of the Saints and the Jets have said they don't want it. The only team that hasn't had a leadership position say they don't want it is the Commanders.

Why that is relevant, the NFL is allowed to force a team to do Hard Knocks, but only if NONE of the eligible teams willingly agree. So if it sounds like the Bears, Saints and Jets are out on it... Then that means we will have the Commanders unless they also disagree, but who knows what they are thinking in the middle of a transition. I imagine new ownership would actually want Hard Knocks as it would allow them to hopefully show a good light/transition away from Snyder.

I think Commanders Hard Knocks would suck the most out of those 4 options, but it probably is the most likely to happen.

Edit: Rule I missed, apparently a non-eligible team can volunteer if all eligible teams refuse. So I guess there is also a possibility it is a completely different team.
Link Posted: 6/9/2023 11:33:52 AM EDT
[#4]
Tyreek Hill said he wants to be the first receiver to have a 2,000 yard season.

"I got obviously the most accurate QB in the NFL, I've got one of the best head coaches in the NFL, and also my position coach is a monster also."

Link Posted: 6/9/2023 11:34:47 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 6/9/2023 11:35:16 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
View Quote

DeAndre Hopkins back with Bill O'Brian would be hilarious.
Link Posted: 6/9/2023 11:54:38 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

"I got obviously the most accurate QB in the NFL, I've got one of the best head coaches in the NFL, and also my position coach is a monster also."

https://media.tenor.com/1jI6hMtarW4AAAAC/marvel-is-it-though.gif
View Quote

Well, he’s certainly the best at diagnosing extremely obvious concussions as “back injuries.”
Link Posted: 6/9/2023 11:59:39 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
View Quote

Deandre Hopkins for the last month: "I want to go to a team with a good QB like Josh Allen, Patrick Mahomes, or Jalen Hurts."

Deandre Hopkins actual visits: Two teams that probably don't have franchise quality QBs.
Link Posted: 6/9/2023 12:00:23 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

View Quote
The statistics back him up.
Link Posted: 6/9/2023 12:07:25 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
View Quote

19th in completion % backs that up?
Link Posted: 6/9/2023 12:08:13 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
View Quote

2022:
19th by Comp%
10th by OnTgt%

He was super high on YPA and deep ball stats, but I'm willing to put a healthy portion of that on Tyreek and Waddle rather than credit it to Tua.
Link Posted: 6/9/2023 12:14:33 PM EDT
[#12]
Justin Fields hanging out with Michael Vick today apparently.

Link Posted: 6/9/2023 12:14:55 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
https://i.imgflip.com/5fqw58.jpg

2022:
19th by Comp%
10th by OnTgt%

He was super high on YPA and deep ball stats, but I'm willing to put a healthy portion of that on Tyreek and Waddle rather than credit it to Tua.
View Quote

Does Tua have a fragile ego? For the past two years Hill has been hyping him as if he’s the greatest ever.
Link Posted: 6/9/2023 12:22:03 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

Does Tua have a fragile ego? For the past two years Hill has been hyping him as if he's the greatest ever.
View Quote
The level of attention Tua has managed to garner while, for all appearances, being a middle of the road injury prone quarterback certainly is interesting.
Link Posted: 6/9/2023 12:24:43 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

Does Tua have a fragile ego? For the past two years Hill has been hyping him as if he’s the greatest ever.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

2022:
19th by Comp%
10th by OnTgt%

I think that has more to do with Hill than it does Tua.

He is coping and trying to persuade the public that going to Miami was the best option he had.
Link Posted: 6/9/2023 12:24:52 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Unironically this meme:
Link Posted: 6/9/2023 12:32:17 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Source?
Link Posted: 6/9/2023 12:35:38 PM EDT
[#18]

Looks like the Texans will be unveiling their new jersey next week.
Link Posted: 6/9/2023 1:01:35 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

Source?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Source?

In before the “eye test”.
Link Posted: 6/9/2023 1:14:39 PM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 6/9/2023 2:07:12 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FyMAggQXwAwz6wQ?format=jpg&name=small

Looks like the Texans will be unveiling their new jersey next week.
View Quote

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 6/9/2023 3:35:52 PM EDT
[#22]

Is a sports radio guy in Boston.
Link Posted: 6/9/2023 3:38:46 PM EDT
[#23]
Jim Nagy responding to this "Baby Gronk" story at the NYT (a 10 year old kid whose parents have been "grooming/programming" him for football since he was a toddler). Edit: I have talked about Nagy before, but for those who don't remember, he was an NFL scout for 4 Super Bowl winning teams over 18 years in the NFL and is now in charge of the Senior Bowl. One of the top guys regarding combine/draft/upcoming talent and connections with scouts.

NFL is a genetics league. Simple as that. There's certainly outliers but that's what it is.

Let me share a quick story...

In Fall 2012 I was national scout for KC Chiefs looking at top prospects across country. Was at University of Utah in late September and called the office to see if there was anyone down the road at BYU that I needed to go look at.  The answer was "no".  We didn't have a player at BYU graded high enough to merit a cross-check look.

After serving mostly as ST player first month of that 2012 season, BYU reserve DL Ziggy Ansah, who only started playing the game in 2010 after moving to United States from Ghana, got an opportunity to start playing more on defense.  Over the final 8 games of the season (after I'd made my swing thru Utah), Ansah compiled 4.5 sacks and got on enough NFL radars to receive @seniorbowl invite.

Fast forward a few months to April 2013 and Ansah was No. 5 overall pick in NFL Draft.  Less than three years prior, the guy didn't know what American football was.

Moral of the story is football isn't a highly skilled sport.  It's not like hitting a baseball or shooting a basketball.  If someone is comparatively (at elite levels) big, strong, fast, tough, and doesn't mind running full speed into other humans then (with some practice and repetition) they can be good at it.  If you're none of those things, good luck. Rarely matters when you start grooming your kids.
Link Posted: 6/9/2023 5:00:51 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Jim Nagy responding to this "Baby Gronk" story at the NYT (a 10 year old kid whose parents have been "grooming/programming" him for football since he was a toddler). Edit: I have talked about Nagy before, but for those who don't remember, he was an NFL scout for 4 Super Bowl winning teams over 18 years in the NFL and is now in charge of the Senior Bowl. One of the top guys regarding combine/draft/upcoming talent and connections with scouts.

NFL is a genetics league. Simple as that. There's certainly outliers but that's what it is.

Let me share a quick story...

In Fall 2012 I was national scout for KC Chiefs looking at top prospects across country. Was at University of Utah in late September and called the office to see if there was anyone down the road at BYU that I needed to go look at.  The answer was "no".  We didn't have a player at BYU graded high enough to merit a cross-check look.

After serving mostly as ST player first month of that 2012 season, BYU reserve DL Ziggy Ansah, who only started playing the game in 2010 after moving to United States from Ghana, got an opportunity to start playing more on defense.  Over the final 8 games of the season (after I'd made my swing thru Utah), Ansah compiled 4.5 sacks and got on enough NFL radars to receive @seniorbowl invite.

Fast forward a few months to April 2013 and Ansah was No. 5 overall pick in NFL Draft.  Less than three years prior, the guy didn't know what American football was.

Moral of the story is football isn't a highly skilled sport.  It's not like hitting a baseball or shooting a basketball.  If someone is comparatively (at elite levels) big, strong, fast, tough, and doesn't mind running full speed into other humans then (with some practice and repetition) they can be good at it.  If you're none of those things, good luck. Rarely matters when you start grooming your kids.
View Quote

& then you have guys like Adam Theilen and Kurt Warner...
Link Posted: 6/9/2023 5:43:52 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

View Quote
QB is the big exception. NFL recruits a lot of guys with big arms and legs to the position, but not everyone pans out.  Ability to learn, accuracy, leadership, etc. Those are hard to scout for.
Link Posted: 6/9/2023 6:59:36 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
QB is the big exception. NFL recruits a lot of guys with big arms and legs to the position, but not everyone pans out.  Ability to learn, accuracy, leadership, etc. Those are hard to scout for.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

The Ravens recently gave a 5 year/$260M/$135M contract to a QB that arguably lacks at least 2 of the 3.
Link Posted: 6/9/2023 7:04:50 PM EDT
[#27]
Speaking of which, I hate contract language like this: “$185M is guaranteed of which $135M is fully guaranteed at signing.”

If a team can cut a player early into a contract and not have to pay them a certain amount of money from that contract then I wouldn’t consider that certain amount of money to have been guaranteed.
Link Posted: 6/9/2023 7:27:25 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

The Ravens recently gave a 5 year/$260M/$135M contract to a QB that arguably lacks at least 2 of the 3.
View Quote
So did the Cardinals.  
Link Posted: 6/9/2023 7:27:30 PM EDT
[#29]
Dalvin Cook drops hint about which NFL team he wants to play for

How cool would it be to play high school, college and pro in your home town and play for your favorite team?
Link Posted: 6/9/2023 7:36:51 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
So did the Cardinals.  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

So did the Cardinals.  

I think the Cardinals one is even worse because with the “study clause” in his contract it was obvious they knew better but they still made him the second highest paid player in NFL history anyway.
Link Posted: 6/9/2023 7:41:22 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

I think the Cardinals one is even worse because with the "study clause" in his contract it was obvious they knew better but they still made him the second highest paid player in NFL history anyway.
View Quote
And he already got his HC fired.  
Link Posted: 6/9/2023 8:05:43 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

How cool would it be to play high school, college and pro in your home town and play for your favorite team?
View Quote

That is pure football love. Money is not insignificant, but to be able to pull this off would be glorious.

I miss the fall, and the season at times. I am however reminded by the pain.
Link Posted: 6/10/2023 5:50:45 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

View Quote

FYI Tallahassee is about 500 miles from Miami.
Link Posted: 6/10/2023 11:22:25 AM EDT
[#34]
Link Posted: 6/10/2023 12:22:38 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

He is coping and trying to persuade the public that going to Miami was the best option he had.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

2022:
19th by Comp%
10th by OnTgt%

That is the way I read it too.
Link Posted: 6/10/2023 12:30:14 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

2022:
19th by Comp%
10th by OnTgt%

He's giving off the vibe of someone who regrets a major decision they made.  The more over-the-top they get trying to convince people they did NOT make the wrong decision, the more obvious it gets that he actually believes he DID make the wrong decision.

Of course that's just my $0.02.  I could be wrong.
Link Posted: 6/10/2023 1:33:05 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

He's giving off the vibe of someone who regrets a major decision they made.  The more over-the-top they get trying to convince people they did NOT make the wrong decision, the more obvious it gets that he actually believes he DID make the wrong decision.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

2022:
19th by Comp%
10th by OnTgt%

He got a HUGE payday and went to a state with no income tax and good weather. It’s hard to call that a bad decision.

The flip side is, he’s an egotistical diva WR, and he doesn’t like being called a sellout who left his friends and a perennial playoff team to get money with a sketchy franchise, but that’s what happened.
Link Posted: 6/10/2023 1:41:58 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

He got a HUGE payday and went to a state with no income tax and good weather. It’s hard to call that a bad decision.

The flip side is, he’s an egotistical diva WR, and he doesn’t like being called a sellout who left his friends and a perennial playoff team to get money with a sketchy franchise, but that’s what happened.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

2022:
19th by Comp%
10th by OnTgt%

For the vast majority of people, absolutely.

But for egomaniacs who care a great deal what strangers think of them, perhaps not.
Link Posted: 6/12/2023 9:16:17 AM EDT
[#39]
Link Posted: 6/12/2023 9:25:04 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
View Quote

He just doesn't want to practice until he has to...he knows dang well is going to sign the tag offer.
Link Posted: 6/12/2023 9:27:09 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
View Quote

Cowboys, Eagles, and Redskins fans already lucked out with the Giants giving a bottom 10 (maybe even bottom 5) starting QB a 4 year/$160M/$82M contract.

Any idiocy involving Barkley would just be icing on the cake.
Link Posted: 6/12/2023 3:29:55 PM EDT
[#42]
Bucs will wear their Creamsicle uniforms against the Lions on October 15th. First time Tampa has worn them since 2012.
Link Posted: 6/12/2023 3:37:41 PM EDT
[#43]
Tom Brady beans a drone From the back of a boat.

Tom Brady downs drone with football throw in Mr. Beast challenge
Link Posted: 6/12/2023 4:52:54 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
Bucs will wear their Creamsicle uniforms against the Lions on October 15th. First time Tampa has worn them since 2012.
View Quote

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 6/13/2023 12:43:26 PM EDT
[#45]
Bills mandatory minicamp began today. Stefon Diggs was not in attendance.

When asked how concerned he was about Diggs' absence, McDermott replied, "Very concerned. Very concerned."

He just signed a large extension last year, so doubt it is contract related. Seemingly in reply to missing camp, Diggs posted photos on his Instagram showing himself working out with his own trainer. So also seemingly not health/injury related.
Link Posted: 6/13/2023 12:48:53 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

When asked how concerned he was about Diggs' absence, McDermott replied, "Very concerned. Very concerned."

He just signed a large extension last year, so doubt it is contract related. Seemingly in reply to missing camp, Diggs posted photos on his Instagram showing himself working out with his own trainer. So also seemingly not health/injury related.
View Quote

Obligatory WR drama
Link Posted: 6/13/2023 2:54:04 PM EDT
[#47]
Chiefs DT Chris Jones (4xPB), who is entering the last year of his contract and looking for an extension, did not show up at the Chiefs mandatory minicamp today. Spotrac Market Value has his price point at 4 years $120M ($30MPY), which would be 2nd only to Aaron Donald. He is currently at $20MPY.

Edit: Frankly this is a great time for him to hold out. He got some DPOTY votes this season, earned his first 1st Team AP, career high in sacks, QB hits and tackles. It's the best time to leverage a pay day contract before he enters his 30's (29 this season).
Link Posted: 6/13/2023 3:16:17 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

Obligatory WR drama
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Obligatory WR drama

Didn't he whine his way out of MN?
Link Posted: 6/13/2023 3:24:34 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

Obligatory WR drama
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Obligatory WR drama

No reason for it though.

He's getting paid, he's on a good team, why be a putz.
Link Posted: 6/13/2023 4:00:48 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

No reason for it though.

He's getting paid, he's on a good team, why be a putz.
View Quote
Stefon Diggs' agent, Adisa Bakari, said his client is in Buffalo, has been in Buffalo since yesterday morning, took his physical, met with the head coach and GM the past two days and the Pro-Bowl WR "will be there for the entirety of the minicamp."

And yet... He wasn't there today...

CBS' Jonathan Jones says Diggs was at the facility this morning but left before practice.

Josh Allen, in his after-practice media session, "I know internally we're working on some things. Not football-related, but Stef, he's my guy. Excuse my ... I fucking love him. He's a brother of mine. This does not work, what we're doing here, without him. ... But I've got his back no matter what."

When Allen was asked to elaborate about Diggs' absence not being related to football, he said, "I mean I think it has more to do than just football, is what I'm basically saying. I think there's the football piece, one, and then stuff that happens due to football. And I'll just kind of keep it at that."

Page / 557
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top