Site Notices
Page / 14
Link Posted: 6/4/2021 9:24:14 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 6/4/2021 11:54:51 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Maul would be a weak play, IMO.  Yeah, he’s cool and all, but they put him in CW and Rebels (where he died), and while he may be relevant in terms of canon, I think the viewership would see bringing him back as a crutch at this point.  Just my opinion.  
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Kinda wishing they’d reveal WHO they were talking to at the end...

Action-packed episode, which was nice.  The sisters tie-in to CW season 7 opens up a lot of possibilities.

Next episode needs to knock it out of the park, IMO.  There was a big glimmer of hope today, but it still feels like filler.

They’re on Corellia, I wonder if Qi’ra and Maul will make an appearance.

Maul ends up being in everything, but I don’t think he’s interested in overthrowing the Empire.

Maul would be a weak play, IMO.  Yeah, he’s cool and all, but they put him in CW and Rebels (where he died), and while he may be relevant in terms of canon, I think the viewership would see bringing him back as a crutch at this point.  Just my opinion.  

Just thinking… could the Martez sisters have been introduced to Bail Organa and that’s who they were talking to at the end of the episode?

The tactical droid would help a budding rebellion. We’re still 18-19 years before ANH and about 13-14 before Rebels.
Link Posted: 6/4/2021 12:11:04 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

Just thinking… could the Martez sisters have been introduced to Bail Organa and that’s who they were talking to at the end of the episode?

The tactical droid would help a budding rebellion. We’re still 18-19 years before ANH and about 13-14 before Rebels.
View Quote

That’s who I was thinking. At this point we’re just a few months out from Order 66. It’s going to be a pretty short list of people looking to rebel against the Empire.
Link Posted: 6/4/2021 12:14:24 PM EDT
[#4]
And I think I dislike the Martez sisters so much because of their accent. Bill Burr was hard to stomach for the same reason. Star Wars characters usually have an English accent, some other European accent, or no accent at all. New York and Boston accents just don’t fit well, in my opinion.
Link Posted: 6/4/2021 12:21:47 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
And I think I dislike the Martez sisters so much because of their accent. Bill Burr was hard to stomach for the same reason. Star Wars characters usually have an English accent, some other European accent, or no accent at all. New York and Boston accents just don’t fit well, in my opinion.
View Quote

They were literally the worst part of Season 7.
Link Posted: 6/4/2021 12:27:03 PM EDT
[#6]
Poor Wrecker
Link Posted: 6/4/2021 12:28:16 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Oh shit they brought those idiot sisters back?  I might be done watching Bad Batch.
View Quote

ffs. This unfortunately.
Link Posted: 6/4/2021 12:54:44 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

They were literally the worst part of Season 7.
View Quote

They’re in the running for the worst part of TCW overall!

Quoted:
Poor Wrecker
View Quote

Yeah. They better be able to save him when he turns.
Link Posted: 6/4/2021 1:01:41 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Kinda wishing they’d reveal WHO they were talking to at the end...

Action-packed episode, which was nice.  The sisters tie-in to CW season 7 opens up a lot of possibilities.

Next episode needs to knock it out of the park, IMO.  There was a big glimmer of hope today, but it still feels like filler.

They’re on Corellia, I wonder if Qi’ra and Maul will make an appearance.

Maul ends up being in everything, but I don’t think he’s interested in overthrowing the Empire.

The build and white robe made me think Mon Mothma.
Link Posted: 6/4/2021 4:16:32 PM EDT
[#10]
Pretty sure that R7 droid was Ahsoka's. I bet that's who they were talking to.
Link Posted: 6/4/2021 4:17:56 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
View Quote

Wasn't that the droid that R2 took care of on the gas planet (CW episode)?  Knocked if off a ledge way high up on a floating station, IIRC.    Maybe I'm mistaken.
Link Posted: 6/4/2021 4:23:15 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

Wasn't that the droid that R2 took care of on the gas planet (CW episode)?  Knocked if off a ledge way high up on a floating station, IIRC.    Maybe I'm mistaken.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

R7 was Ahsoka’s droid. The astromech dispatched by R2 was “Goldie”, if I remember correctly. Not sure it’s actual designation.

ETA: Goldie
Link Posted: 6/4/2021 4:24:23 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

R7 was Ahsoka’s droid. The astromech dispatched by R2 was “Goldie”, if I remember correctly. Not sure it’s actual designation.
View Quote

You're right, it did have a nickname.  Kept pissing Anakin off, too.  It's coming back to me.   Ok, yeah.  R7 could be a link...
Link Posted: 6/4/2021 4:45:40 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
View Quote

I'm hoping the only reason for the Martez sisters' appearance is a segway to Ahsoka joining the story.
Link Posted: 6/4/2021 4:46:42 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

I'm hoping the only reason for the Martez sisters' appearance is a segway to Ahsoka joining the story.
View Quote

Smart move.  She is highly anticipated.   Furthermore, they could use her presence in Bad Batch to start building up to her own series.
Link Posted: 6/4/2021 4:52:48 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

I actually have always liked the prequels. Jar-Jar sucks but I like the prequels. There isn’t a redeeming part of the sequel trilogy.
View Quote

Same here.

Sure jar-jar was annoying, and there are a few scenes that could have used a reshoot due to weak acting but the story was solid and thats what mattered.

Phantom menace gave us the duel of fates
Attack of the clones gave us and epic battle of hundred of jedis on Geonosi including mace decapitating jango
Revenge of the sith was that final battle between obi wan and anakin.

The force awakens gave us the death of Han?! Who the fuck wanted to see one of their favorite characters die?
The last Jedi ....Maybe space riding horses on star wars vegas planet? I sure as fucked didnt enjoy lukes death. Oh and that hyperspace jump that ruined the concept of every space battle in ever SW movie.
Rise of sky walker was learning the emperor is still alive, which makes the sacrifice that Anakin and Luke made feel worthless because they had their trash had to be cleaned up by a teenage girl, oh and now palatine can just clone himself anytime he wants, so there is not impact to his or any characters death. Oh and dont forget more space horses.

Its a shame, the actors from the sequel were actually pretty good, and there was so much potential but Disney pissed it all away in favor of goofy marvel style movie with a side agenda of pushing SJW values onto a fan base that is probably 90% straight male.
Link Posted: 6/4/2021 5:11:48 PM EDT
[#17]

Good episode, that season ended strong
Link Posted: 6/4/2021 5:52:18 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

View Quote

I also think they were talking to Ahsoka.
Link Posted: 6/4/2021 7:17:42 PM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 6/4/2021 8:09:30 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

You're right, it did have a nickname.  Kept pissing Anakin off, too.  It's coming back to me.   Ok, yeah.  R7 could be a link...
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Goldie was a double agent for the Confederacy.

If it was Ahsoka, she shouldn’t have her white lightsabers yet, in the book Ahsoka I believe it was a few years after TCW S7 that she built those.
Link Posted: 6/4/2021 8:21:43 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

Same here.

Sure jar-jar was annoying, and there are a few scenes that could have used a reshoot due to weak acting but the story was solid and thats what mattered.

Attack of the clones gave us and epic battle of hundred of jedis on Geonosi including mace decapitating jango

The force awakens gave us the death of Han?! Who the fuck wanted to see one of their favorite characters die?
The last Jedi ....Maybe space riding horses on star wars vegas planet? I sure as fucked didnt enjoy lukes death. Oh and that hyperspace jump that ruined the concept of every space battle in ever SW movie.
Rise of sky walker was learning the emperor is still alive, which makes the sacrifice that Anakin and Luke made feel worthless because they had their trash had to be cleaned up by a teenage girl, oh and now palatine can just clone himself anytime he wants, so there is not impact to his or any characters death. Oh and dont forget more space horses.

Its a shame, the actors from the sequel were actually pretty good, and there was so much potential but Disney pissed it all away in favor of goofy marvel style movie with a side agenda of pushing SJW values onto a fan base that is probably 90% straight male.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I actually have always liked the prequels. Jar-Jar sucks but I like the prequels. There isn’t a redeeming part of the sequel trilogy.

Same here.

Well said.
Link Posted: 6/4/2021 8:47:25 PM EDT
[#22]
Not happy to see the side quest Martez sisters back. The episode did nothing for me. Yeah, it was fun Star Wars actions with droids, blasters and some nice action sequences.

1. They're still tromping around in their armor. Not subtle at all.
2. Hunter is starting to be dumb AF. great soldier. Awful at everything else. "Drinking blue milk was easier when I was a soldier." Every episode now.
3. Omega is a liability. Leave her on the ship, let her run logistics. I still don't see force abilities.
4. Martez sisters. Ugh.

The Wrecker sub plot keeps moving at least. Hopefully this forces the Rex appearance soon.

The best part about this show is Echo.
Link Posted: 6/4/2021 8:48:53 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Not happy to see the side quest Martez sisters back. The episode did nothing for me. Yeah, it was fun Star Wars actions with droids, blasters and some nice action sequences.

1. They're still tromping around in their armor. Not subtle at all.
2. Hunter is starting to be dumb AF. great soldier. Awful at everything else. "Drinking blue milk was easier when I was a soldier." Every episode now.
3. Omega is a liability. Leave her on the ship, let her run logistics. I still don't see force abilities.
4. Martez sisters. Ugh.

The Wrecker sub plot keeps moving at least. Hopefully this forces the Rex appearance soon.

The best part about this show is Echo.
View Quote

Is there an echo in here?
Link Posted: 6/4/2021 10:52:48 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
And I think I dislike the Martez sisters so much because of their accent. Bill Burr was hard to stomach for the same reason. Star Wars characters usually have an English accent, some other European accent, or no accent at all. New York and Boston accents just don't fit well, in my opinion.
View Quote
No.  You are right to hate the Martez sister.  They come off as a walking stereotype written by someone who never met an actual Hispanic.  You have two sisters who live in the poor part of a big city (check), they hate authority (check), they're mouthy (check), they work blue collar jobs (check), they're into hotrods (check), they're into petty crime (check), and they're connected to organized crime (check).  I'm confused, is this El Paso, Texas or a long time ago in a galaxy far, far, away?

Worse, they're not even believable stereotypes.  The one idiot dumps a major crime lord's drug stash because she can't take a few harsh words, and both idiots continually mouth off to the space-sicarios because they're "strong, sassy women."  Give me a break.  I'm pretty sure every Hispanic on either side of the Rio Grande knows that you don't do that shit to Space Pablo Escobar.  If it wasn't for Ashoka, the Martez sisters would have ended up strung out on spice as sex slaves servicing Jabba's pet rancor for the Hutt's amusement.  And that's a best case scenario.  

And finally, the characters miss the whole point of a space opera.  The reason we watch fantasy, sci fi, and space operas is not to be remined of our boring-assed lives back home.  That's why Caprica failed.  I'm a real lawyer, and even I don't want to see some fucking space lawyers.  Shit, if I wanted to see dickhead corporations and corrupt judges I'd spend more time at the office.  No, I watch Star Wars for laser swords and fighter pilots and bounty hunters.  I suspect the "Hispanic audience" feels the same way.  I'd love to see a poll as to how many of them want to be the Martez sisters over Din Djarin, you know, the Hispanic Star Wars character who doesn't suck?  

Here's what Disney should have done if it wasn't too busy sucking the dust from KK's twat.  Raya Martez was a fighter pilot and squadron commander for the Republic.  She was under the command of fallen Jedi Pong Krell, who sent her whole squadron into a suicide mission because it's already been established that that was his signature dick move.  Raya is the only survivor, but gets blamed and court martialed to protect the higher ups.  So she has a reason to hate Jedi, setting up the conflict with Ashoka, but she's also a vet, setting up their friendship.  She gets into petty crime because the dishonorable discharge means she can't get a legit job, but she's only there until she can save up enough for a space ship, after which she intends to go legit.  There.  Now you have an interesting Hispanic heroine who is believably a good fighter and pilot and is not a walking stereotype.  

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 6/4/2021 10:59:36 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
No.  You are right to hate the Martez sister.  They come off as a walking stereotype written by someone who never met an actual Hispanic.  You have two sisters who live in the poor part of a big city (check), they hate authority (check), they're mouthy (check), they work blue collar jobs (check), they're into hotrods (check), they're into petty crime (check), and they're connected to organized crime (check).  I'm confused, is this El Paso, Texas or a long time ago in a galaxy far, far, away?

Worse, they're not even believable stereotypes.  The one idiot dumps a major crime lord's drug stash because she can't take a few harsh words, and both idiots continually mouth off to the space-sicarios because they're "strong, sassy women."  Give me a break.  I'm pretty sure every Hispanic on either side of the Rio Grande knows that you don't do that shit to Space Pablo Escobar.  If it wasn't for Ashoka, the Martez sisters would have ended up strung out on spice as sex slaves servicing Jabba's pet rancor for the Hutt's amusement.  And that's a best case scenario.  

And finally, the characters miss the whole point of a space opera.  The reason we watch fantasy, sci fi, and space operas is not to be remined of our boring-assed lives back home.  That's why Caprica failed.  I'm a real lawyer, and even I don't want to see some fucking space lawyers.  Shit, if I wanted to see dickhead corporations and corrupt judges I'd spend more time at the office.  No, I watch Star Wars for laser swords and fighter pilots and bounty hunters.  I suspect the "Hispanic audience" feels the same way.  I'd love to see a poll as to how many of them want to be the Martez sisters over Din Djarin, you know, the Hispanic Star Wars character who doesn't suck?  

Here's what Disney should have done if it wasn't too busy sucking the dust from KK's twat.  Raya Martez was a fighter pilot and squadron commander for the Republic.  She was under the command of fallen Jedi Pong Krell, who sent her whole squadron into a suicide mission because it's already been established that that was his signature dick move.  Raya is the only survivor, but gets blamed and court martialed to protect the higher ups.  So she has a reason to hate Jedi, setting up the conflict with Ashoka, but she's also a vet, setting up their friendship.  She gets into petty crime because the dishonorable discharge means she can't get a legit job, but she's only there until she can save up enough for a space ship, after which she intends to go legit.  There.  Now you have an interesting Hispanic heroine who is believably a good fighter and pilot and is not a walking stereotype.  

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/61337/Re49050845b32c8ac9f91c5fdb92ec4e4_jpg-1967439.JPG
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
And I think I dislike the Martez sisters so much because of their accent. Bill Burr was hard to stomach for the same reason. Star Wars characters usually have an English accent, some other European accent, or no accent at all. New York and Boston accents just don't fit well, in my opinion.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/61337/Re49050845b32c8ac9f91c5fdb92ec4e4_jpg-1967439.JPG

Link Posted: 6/4/2021 11:52:44 PM EDT
[#26]
Disappointing
Link Posted: 6/4/2021 11:55:01 PM EDT
[#27]
As much as I dislike their characters, I don't think the Martez sisters would need their reason for distrusting the Jedi changed. It's an entirely understandable position to have. In their mind they preach peace yet enter the lower city causing chaos with complete disregard for the collateral damage they cause.

Paired with the emotionally detached and somewhat elitist attitude some Jedi have, it's easy to understand why they'd be resentful.
Link Posted: 6/5/2021 9:51:21 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
As much as I dislike their characters, I don't think the Martez sisters would need their reason for distrusting the Jedi changed. It's an entirely understandable position to have. In their mind they preach peace yet enter the lower city causing chaos with complete disregard for the collateral damage they cause.

Paired with the emotionally detached and somewhat elitist attitude some Jedi have, it's easy to understand why they'd be resentful.
View Quote

Dont police the area. Catching bad guys might cause a disturbance.
Link Posted: 6/5/2021 1:47:36 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

View Quote
I was keeping that element while crafting a more interesting background.
Link Posted: 6/5/2021 7:18:33 PM EDT
[#30]
The 9th Circus gets something right for once.

Link Posted: 6/6/2021 4:29:29 AM EDT
[#31]
Me: Corellia?  Cool, maybe there will be a Han Solo Easter egg.

Dave Filoni: Hold my beer.
Link Posted: 6/6/2021 4:38:56 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

show us yer tits
View Quote

I'd rather see gina carano's.. or katee sackhoff... or rosario dawson's tits...
Link Posted: 6/6/2021 5:35:10 AM EDT
[#33]
I don't like the animated star wars stuff...
Link Posted: 6/6/2021 7:22:16 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

Smart move.  She is highly anticipated.   Furthermore, they could use her presence in Bad Batch to start building up to her own series.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

i have a feeling its ahsoka, shell help get the the chips out of them, including crosshair
Link Posted: 6/6/2021 5:10:48 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

i have a feeling its ahsoka, shell help get the the chips out of them, including crosshair
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

There's a good chance it's heading that way. She helped Rex, and in doing so became one of a handful of (still living) people who know about the chips, and the story is moving towards Wrecker needing his removed.
Link Posted: 6/6/2021 5:30:33 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

There's a good chance it's heading that way. She helped Rex, and in doing so became one of a handful of (still living) people who know about the chips, and the story is moving towards Wrecker needing his removed.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

She did give a tactical droid head to Phoenix Squad in order for them to find Rex, Wolffe, and Gregor.
Link Posted: 6/6/2021 5:50:43 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Honestly, I hope not.

I like ahsoka, but I hope she isn’t used as a crutch to prop up the bad batch story line.

Maybe a single episode like in mandalorian, but not a recurring character.
Link Posted: 6/7/2021 12:36:07 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

She did give a tactical droid head to Phoenix Squad in order for them to find Rex, Wolffe, and Gregor.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

That's where I thought the episode was going. Until it didn't.
I guess there's still time. I'm in the "it's probably Ahsoka" camp.
Link Posted: 6/7/2021 10:55:38 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

Honestly, I hope not.

I like ahsoka, but I hope she isn’t used as a crutch to prop up the bad batch story line.

Maybe a single episode like in mandalorian, but not a recurring character.
View Quote

I would prefer Ahsoka over the Martez sister. I really can't stand those two.
Link Posted: 6/7/2021 3:51:35 PM EDT
[#40]
With Ahsoka getting a series I’m quite sure she’ll get in on at least one episode of Bad Batch
Link Posted: 6/7/2021 7:02:15 PM EDT
[#41]
Link Posted: 6/7/2021 7:11:53 PM EDT
[#42]

I’m trusting him that he has a reason he included the Martez sisters.
Link Posted: 6/8/2021 11:51:15 AM EDT
[#43]

Huh, that's my bday too. 1983 though.
Link Posted: 6/10/2021 11:59:15 AM EDT
[#44]
Friday’s comin’

Link Posted: 6/10/2021 12:09:50 PM EDT
[#45]

They could have used some experienced overwatch dealing with those slavers.
Link Posted: 6/10/2021 1:40:05 PM EDT
[#46]
Speaking of it's happening.

Star Wars Ep7 - Teaser (AURALNAUTS)

Link Posted: 6/11/2021 5:23:55 AM EDT
[#47]
Nice tie-in to Jedi: Fallen Order.
Link Posted: 6/11/2021 7:13:48 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
Nice tie-in to Jedi: Fallen Order.
View Quote

Attachment Attached File

Are you serious? They’re legitimizing that shit sequel trilogy? What the fuck? Guess I’m not watching it anymore if this is true.
Link Posted: 6/11/2021 8:10:14 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

/media/mediaFiles/sharedAlbum/confused-britney-spears--83.gif

Are you serious? They’re legitimizing that shit sequel trilogy? What the fuck? Guess I’m not watching it anymore if this is true.
View Quote

Jedi: Fallen Order was an incredible game.  Cal Kestis was a great character, and they introduced some great supporting folks, too...Sere (Cere?) Junda, Nightsister Merrin, etc.   It had nothing to do with the sequel trilogy.
Link Posted: 6/11/2021 9:22:09 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

Jedi: Fallen Order was an incredible game.  Cal Kestis was a great character, and they introduced some great supporting folks, too...Sere (Cere?) Junda, Nightsister Merrin, etc.   It had nothing to do with the sequel trilogy.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

/media/mediaFiles/sharedAlbum/confused-britney-spears--83.gif

My mistake, I read it as First Order not Fallen Order. Fallen Order was awesome, although I need to finish it.
Page / 14
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top