Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 23
Link Posted: 3/24/2021 4:27:13 PM EDT
[#1]
Good for him. If you are going to do something. Be the best at it. Now, he should be the best fertilizer he can be.
Link Posted: 3/24/2021 4:29:19 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Bro you don't even know what quarterbacks do?

Why are you in this thread?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

No kidding. You'd think he'd have some selfish sense of self preservation, so he can get his kinks on AND still be paid an absurd amount of money, to run and catch a ball.

To be fair to nsixone, Watson does have an 6 yard TD catch.
Link Posted: 3/24/2021 4:32:53 PM EDT
[#3]
I wish people referred to me as “Big D” ????
Link Posted: 3/24/2021 4:35:26 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
One of you two just needs to be alright with not having the last word and end the quote/reply chain already.
View Quote

Link Posted: 3/24/2021 4:36:41 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

View Quote

Link Posted: 3/24/2021 4:37:02 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

I said "whatever, moving on" and yet you're still keeping it going.  Let it go.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

If he is guilty and knows he's guilty, then I absolutely think that would be the best course of action for him.  He'd still take a HUGE hit, but not as bad as if all the details come out.

What do you know, you’re actually right about something in this thread, finally...

So don't point out HOW someone is wrong, just make a blanket statement without anything to back it up in a poor attempt to get a rip in. Well, if nothing else, you certainly have an MO.

Huh?

Your responses are making less and less sense as this thread goes on.

You post didn't say how I was wrong or even what I was wrong about.  It shouldn't be that complicated of a concept to grasp.

Dude, I fucking agreed with you on something. Adjust your meds or something...

Yes, clearly you meant for this post to be taken as a positive.

Quoted:

What do you know, you’re actually right about something in this thread, finally...

It was intended to be a lighthearted jab at the fact that we agreed on a point (note the emoji thing) when we disagree about nearly everything else, and yet you seem dead set on turning this into some kind of you-vs-me personal grudge match.

Lighten up, dude, what the fuck already...

It seems pretty obvious that's not what you intended, but whatever. Moving on.

Seriously?

You have been trying to make this personal since you first quoted me in this thread.

You’re wound way too tight, man... relax a little.  We don’t have to be friends or whatever, but chill the fuck out.

I said "whatever, moving on" and yet you're still keeping it going.  Let it go.

Can you two lovebirds take it to IM?
Link Posted: 3/24/2021 4:37:17 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
A 25 y/o QB with millions coming in....why didn't he just hire hookers?
View Quote

Because it’s illegal?

I’m not being obtuse. Obviously if he did what was alleged, he did plenty that was illegal.

But if he was trying to get an anonymous “professional” type hookup, then hiring a masseuse and going for it once they are alone is not necessarily illegal. Just a guy hitting on a girl or trying to get a hookup.

The moment you pay for a prostitute, you’ve committed a crime. Perhaps he was trying to do an end around that whole social/legal construct. ???????
Link Posted: 3/24/2021 4:38:28 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Just listened to a nice take from Molly Qerim (the female host of ESPN's First Take) from yesterday. Video at the Tweet: https://twitter.com/FirstTake/status/1374453074505297923

I agree with her. There was (yet another) opportunity for the NFL to prove that they are serious when it comes to allegations of domestic violence or sexual assault and to make a quick action to show that.

They are again missing an opportunity here. You can put Deshaun Watson on the Commissioner's Exempt list IMMEDIATELY. The list allows Watson to continue to be paid. It doesn't take him off the trade market. It's the off-season so you don't have to worry about him missing games. Hell, we are pre-draft, so he won't even miss any team meetings for the near future.

You can call it the equivalent of paid administrative leave for an officer who was just involved in a shooting. You are not assuming Watson is guilty or innocent. You are simply isolating and protecting both him and the shield while the investigation occurs.

She makes some really valid points. The NFL is definitely botching this, once again, from a PR perspective.
View Quote

100%

The NFL fucks up everything though, so no big surprise.
Link Posted: 3/24/2021 4:41:57 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Just listened to a nice take from Molly Qerim (the female host of ESPN's First Take) from yesterday. (Snip)
She makes some really valid points. The NFL is definitely botching this, once again, from a PR perspective.
View Quote

The NFL has had its head so far up its own ass as far as PR goes for a decade...

I’m not sure how some of those chuckleheads keep drawing a paycheck.
Link Posted: 3/24/2021 4:43:23 PM EDT
[#10]
This is the first talking head (Rich Eisen Show w/ ESPN's Jeff Darlington) I have seen actually mention the idea of Watson never playing again. Twitter Video Link

"Do I think we will see Deshaun Watson play football again? I have no idea. And the idea that we're having that conversation right now, in March, is just mind blowing."
Link Posted: 3/24/2021 4:49:48 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Man, reading more Tweets. Some of these people out here are trying to explain how the Texans are doing this to Watson and they just sound like Charlie explaining the mail conspiracy in Sunny in Philly.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S5Glfe6UeXQ
View Quote

Lol

“I’m having a panic attack!”

“Would you settle down and have another cup of coffee!”
Link Posted: 3/24/2021 5:01:01 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

100%

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Just listened to a nice take from Molly Qerim (the female host of ESPN's First Take) from yesterday. Video at the Tweet: https://twitter.com/FirstTake/status/1374453074505297923

I agree with her. There was (yet another) opportunity for the NFL to prove that they are serious when it comes to allegations of domestic violence or sexual assault and to make a quick action to show that.

They are again missing an opportunity here. You can put Deshaun Watson on the Commissioner's Exempt list IMMEDIATELY. The list allows Watson to continue to be paid. It doesn't take him off the trade market. It's the off-season so you don't have to worry about him missing games. Hell, we are pre-draft, so he won't even miss any team meetings for the near future.

You can call it the equivalent of paid administrative leave for an officer who was just involved in a shooting. You are not assuming Watson is guilty or innocent. You are simply isolating and protecting both him and the shield while the investigation occurs.

100%

Don't worry.  I'm sure after it finally dawns on them the PR shit storm they've created they'll start showing us some "no more" commercials reprimanding us as if we're the ones that fucked up in a poor attempt to absolve themselves.
Link Posted: 3/24/2021 5:08:14 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
This is the first talking head (Rich Eisen Show w/ ESPN's Jeff Darlington) I have seen actually mention the idea of Watson never playing again. Twitter Video Link

"Do I think we will see Deshaun Watson play football again? I have no idea. And the idea that we're having that conversation right now, in March, is just mind blowing."
View Quote

Jimmy Johnson gave Michael Ivrin a pass on so much shit and then he fired a linebacker for falling asleep during a film session. How good you are has a direct correlation to how much shit teams are willing to put up with and with a top 10 QB I think teams would be willing to overlook a lot.  Especially if they could pick him up at a steep discount.

He is right though. It is mind blowing to think of where the Watson conversation was a week ago and where it is now.
Link Posted: 3/24/2021 5:14:26 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

Don't worry.  I'm sure after it finally dawns on them the PR shit storm they've created they'll start showing us some "no more" commercials reprimanding us as if we're the ones that fucked up in a poor attempt to absolve themselves.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

100%

lol no shit, that was so pathetic.
Link Posted: 3/24/2021 5:16:09 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
The question we have all been asking, brought up by a female CBS Sports legal analyst... "Why did this guy need so many masseuses?"

Video at the tweet: LINK
View Quote

One thing no one has brought up is this type of behavior doesn’t just magically start. This is the kind of behavior that goes on for years. It’s like a sickness.
Link Posted: 3/24/2021 5:16:30 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

Because it’s illegal?

I’m not being obtuse. Obviously if he did what was alleged, he did plenty that was illegal.

But if he was trying to get an anonymous “professional” type hookup, then hiring a masseuse and going for it once they are alone is not necessarily illegal. Just a guy hitting on a girl or trying to get a hookup.

The moment you pay for a prostitute, you’ve committed a crime. Perhaps he was trying to do an end around that whole social/legal construct. ???????
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
A 25 y/o QB with millions coming in....why didn't he just hire hookers?

Because it’s illegal?

He should have gone to Nevada
Link Posted: 3/24/2021 5:18:55 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

The accuser has stated that she was so frightened, and shocked, by a forced oral rape, that she defecated herself.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Whoa whoa defecation???

The accuser has stated that she was so frightened, and shocked, by a forced oral rape, that she defecated herself.

Isn’t this one of the defenses the libs say women should do to stop a rape, when they aren’t allowed to own/carry a firearm?
Link Posted: 3/24/2021 5:20:38 PM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 3/24/2021 5:24:37 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

100%

I remember around that time some comedian made the astute observation that if you look at the commercials the NFL shows you during games you'll see what they think of you.  You're an alcoholic, wife-beating, degenerate gambler, with a broken dick.
Link Posted: 3/24/2021 5:38:14 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

I remember around that time some comedian made the astute observation that if you look at the commercials the NFL shows you during games you'll see what they think of you.  You're an alcoholic, wife-beating, degenerate gambler, with a broken dick.
View Quote

Ironically that's also what GD thinks.
Link Posted: 3/24/2021 5:39:27 PM EDT
[#21]
Will Coach get Deshaun off the hook?  Coach has been doing that since high school.
Link Posted: 3/24/2021 5:42:03 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Will Coach get Deshaun off the hook?  Coach has been doing that since high school.
View Quote

The Texans' head coach was the passing coordinator last season for a team that was dead last in passing.  I wouldn't expect much help from him for anything.  
Link Posted: 3/24/2021 6:15:25 PM EDT
[#23]
He was one of those kneeling piece of shits so fuck him with a giant Arizona cactus
Link Posted: 3/24/2021 6:38:41 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Before Watson, what was the most allegations/suits filed against an active NFL player for DV, sexual assault, etc at the same time?

Roethlisberger had two, right? Or maybe those were at different times.
View Quote

The only two cases that come to light being this big in the nfl are Vick’s case and Hernandez’s case. Neither about DV but imho in the same scope.
Link Posted: 3/24/2021 6:42:13 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

The only two cases that come to light being this big in the nfl are Vick’s case and Hernandez’s case. Neither about DV but imho in the same scope.
View Quote

Wasn’t Ray Lewis under investigation for a killing in a club early in his career?
Link Posted: 3/24/2021 6:45:14 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

Wasn't Ray Lewis under investigation for a killing in a club early in his career?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

The only two cases that come to light being this big in the nfl are Vick's case and Hernandez's case. Neither about DV but imho in the same scope.

Wasn't Ray Lewis under investigation for a killing in a club early in his career?
Yes. Ray Lewis and his buddies are murderers. People frequently forget that. Ray Lewis actually provided testimony against his two buddies in return for a dismissal of his own charges. I think they ended up being acquitted.

Edit: Lewis also paid an undisclosed settlement out of court to prevent a civil suit.
Link Posted: 3/24/2021 6:46:29 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

View Quote

Didn't know what position he played, haha. I was thinking I should have included 'throw' in my post but thought the odds were in my favor that he wasn't a quarterback. I admit I'm an idiot when it comes to football. I'm good with the laughs at my expense though. Carry on.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 3/24/2021 6:56:26 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

Didn't know what position he played, haha. I was thinking I should have included 'throw' in my post but thought the odds were in my favor that he wasn't a quarterback. I admit I'm an idiot when it comes to football. I'm good with the laughs at my expense though. Carry on.

/media/mediaFiles/sharedAlbum/doubleFacePalm-26.jpg
View Quote

That's how to own a mistake. Good job.
Link Posted: 3/24/2021 7:49:09 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

It boggles the mind that people find it inconceivable there could be a few dozen women who would make up stories for a 5 or 6 figure settlement check. Right now it looks pretty damning, but the number of accusers alone is not sufficient evidence of guilt.

'Member Brett Kavanaugh? He had multiple accusers too.
View Quote

Agreed, but, there is some reason Watson went to Instagram for a massage therapist, instead of one vetted by the league. And, although I have never had a professional massage, I would think that once you found one you like, you would  use them exclusively.

Watson didn't use a league therapist, why? Wilson couldn't stay with one therapist he found on Instagram, why?
Link Posted: 3/24/2021 7:54:58 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

Agreed, but, there is some reason Watson went to Instagram for a massage therapist, instead of one vetted by the league. And, although I have never had a professional massage, I would think that once you found one you like, you would  use them exclusively.

Watson didn't use a league therapist, why? Wilson couldn't stay with one therapist he found on Instagram, why?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

It boggles the mind that people find it inconceivable there could be a few dozen women who would make up stories for a 5 or 6 figure settlement check. Right now it looks pretty damning, but the number of accusers alone is not sufficient evidence of guilt.

'Member Brett Kavanaugh? He had multiple accusers too.

No idea, and I'm not going to speculate any further. Let's just remember that "evidence" is kinda important in American law, at least for now.
Link Posted: 3/24/2021 7:56:15 PM EDT
[#31]

Dats wut I’m talkin bout.
Link Posted: 3/24/2021 7:58:50 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

View Quote

More than likely because the massage wasn't the goal.
Link Posted: 3/24/2021 7:59:57 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
Yes. Ray Lewis and his buddies are murderers. People frequently forget that. Ray Lewis actually provided testimony against his two buddies in return for a dismissal of his own charges. I think they ended up being acquitted.

Edit: Lewis also paid an undisclosed settlement out of court to prevent a civil suit.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

The only two cases that come to light being this big in the nfl are Vick's case and Hernandez's case. Neither about DV but imho in the same scope.

And he’s the preachiest bible thumper on the planet now. Sports reporter types gargle on his balls everytime they interview him.

It’s a disturbing level of contrived hero worship. So weird and gross and cuck-y.
Link Posted: 3/24/2021 8:01:02 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I thought it was hilarious, but in a laughing-with-you, not laughing-at-you kinda way.
Link Posted: 3/24/2021 8:26:36 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

View Quote

The Ray Lewis thing was big when it happened.

Kobe’s rape suit was pretty big in the NBA.

Nothing trumps OJ though.
Link Posted: 3/24/2021 8:41:51 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

View Quote

OJ and Lance Armstrong are the biggest sports scandal type situations I can think of as well.
Link Posted: 3/24/2021 8:45:43 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

True, but OJ had been retired for a while though.
Link Posted: 3/24/2021 8:46:14 PM EDT
[#38]
Speaking of the Juice: if you haven’t seen the FX series The People vs OJ Simpson I highly recommend it.  It is amazing how good that show was considering you already know what’s going to happen.
Link Posted: 3/24/2021 9:10:06 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

OJ and Lance Armstrong are the biggest sports scandal type situations I can think of as well.
View Quote

Lance was just a liar. It was obvious that he was cheating. He was competing again a bunch on known cheaters and still winning.

The only scandalous thing he did was admit he cheated after all those years.
Link Posted: 3/24/2021 9:40:23 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

No idea, and I'm not going to speculate any further. Let's just remember that "evidence" is kinda important in American law, at least for now.
View Quote

This is the court of public opinion, not a court of law.  I don't have to withhold judgement or be fair.

The dude has a problem and if he is not very careful and very smart he will soon get his rodeo papers.
Link Posted: 3/24/2021 9:56:29 PM EDT
[#41]
no matter what happens this could lead to a new bangbros or brazzers site.
Link Posted: 3/24/2021 9:59:26 PM EDT
[#42]
National Felon League, not shocking at all.  

Funny how a lot of their bullshit against racism and the police started when they were getting lit up by the news for criminal behavior, drug use, and domestic abuse spiking.
Link Posted: 3/24/2021 10:01:24 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

Funny how a lot of their bullshit against racism and the police started when they were getting lit up by the news for criminal behavior, drug use, and domestic abuse spiking.
View Quote

The felony rate among NFL players is lower than that among almost any other occupation.

But don't let that change your opinion.
Link Posted: 3/24/2021 10:04:45 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

The felony rate among NFL players is lower than that among almost any other occupation.

View Quote

But what is compared to their tax bracket?
Link Posted: 3/24/2021 10:06:13 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Depends on the ratio of Stanley Nickels to Schrute Bucks.
Link Posted: 3/24/2021 10:10:06 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

View Quote

Clearly it wasn't about massages.

If I want a massage, I want a PRO doing it.  I want some big strong 50 year old with man hands named Bertha who looks like a softball coach and has 30 years of experience under her belt.

I don't want some dainty little 20 year old cosmetologist with limp fish hands who's never even given a massage before.
Link Posted: 3/24/2021 10:18:28 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

If I want a massage, I want a PRO doing it.  I want some big strong 50 year old with man hands named Bertha who looks like a softball coach and has 30 years of experience under her belt.

I don't want some dainty little 20 year old cosmetologist with limp fish hands who's never even given a massage before.
View Quote

If I'm in it to get my ass fingered I'll go with the dainty limp fish hands
Link Posted: 3/24/2021 10:23:54 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

It won’t but thanks.  Dealt with a lot of their turds before.

https://cnsmaryland.org/interactives/Crime-In-NFL/
Link Posted: 3/24/2021 10:25:21 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

View Quote

She ain't a lady unless she's 280.
Link Posted: 3/24/2021 10:30:27 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Page / 23
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top