[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Who?
View Quote

Let me help you.
Link Posted: 3/23/2021 7:28:13 PM EDT
[#6]
It honestly seems like he has more of a creepy fetish bordering on sexual harassment or riding right up to the line. The dude could have gotten a lot of women freely if he wanted. What a shit show.
Link Posted: 3/23/2021 7:34:57 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

The lawyer has repeatedly talked about vetting the accusations. If he neglected the part where a chick tried to blackmail Watson then took the case anyways it taints the rest of his cases IMO. If he was unaware, he didn't vet very well and it at least makes him look slightly incompetent and that lady shady.
View Quote
But it also seems to be an admission that he wants a happy ending from the women massaging him.
Link Posted: 3/23/2021 8:20:28 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

A MSM "journalist" or some random blogger: sure.

One of the most famous lawyers in Texas: no.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I dunno, man.  Even if one of them was blackmailing him for a quick payday without having to deal with the fallout of forever being known as "that girl that..." it wouldn't even come close to all the evidence the plaintiffs possess if the lawyer has what he claims to have.

Bold claims of overwhelming evidence turning out to be nothing have happened quite a lot in the last few years.

If the lawyer doesn't have what he claims to have it will soon be known and his reputation and possibly his career will be ruined.

Nobody seems to care when claims seem to be unfounded any more...

down the memory hole it goes...

It happened to the president of the United States. It can happen to anyone.

“Someone like that would never do something like that,” has become a demonstrably false argument.  It could be applied on multiple facets of this case, Interestingly enough.
Link Posted: 3/23/2021 8:29:03 PM EDT
[#9]
Twitter saying he just got released but Houston.   That guy's in trouble if true
Link Posted: 3/23/2021 8:32:34 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Twitter saying he just got released but Houston.   That guy's in trouble if true
View Quote

the only guy posting that is a known twitter troll account.
Link Posted: 3/23/2021 8:50:03 PM EDT
[#11]
Defacation??????
Link Posted: 3/23/2021 8:53:55 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

I love how many people in this thread are more interested in throwing out due process before knowing a single fact, other than what a lawyer tells them to believe.....
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Media sensationalism + money.  They want to make a good guy into a bad guy.  Watson asked for a trade, is loaded thanks to his contract,  has been very vocal against the Texans, and like I said, the attorney suing him lives on the same street as the Texans owner. Plus to go from 1 to 12 to 22 seems a little odd to me (given that they tried a settlement and one of the accusers is from the time between then and the lawsuit).

White Knighting a NFL thug

LOFL

Based on his ridiculous "to me, having watched Watson play at Clemson, this screams Duke LaCrosse case" post it seems likely he is white knighting him because Watson played at Clemson and he doesn't want to believe he'd do that regardless of the evidence.

I've watched Watson for a long time, even before he came to Clemson.  I base my opinion solely on what I know, which could be wrong. Having known 2 people close to the Duke LaCrosse scandal, it piqued my radar.....add to that the reputation of the attorney, and we'll, you get the idea.  Watson could be totally guilty, and if so deserves whatever punishment he gets.  But right now it doesn't pass the smell test to me.

You're an obvious Watson leghumper.  There could be video evidence corroborating every single accusation AND Watson could confess that it's all true and it still probably wouldn't pass your "smell test."

"The videos are fake! The confession was coerced!"

Nope, I go for evidence....and in this case looks like shenanigans are being played.  All of the women are "Jane Doe" and the lawyer won't reveal their names for discovery.  Also looks like a blackmail case is possibly connected.

https://www.tigernet.com/update/Deshaun-Watsons-lawyer-releases-statement-on-sexual-assault-allegations-Clemson-Football-37619

I love how you start your post with "nope" and then immediately proceed to demonstrate how it's actually "yup."

I love how many people in this thread are more interested in throwing out due process before knowing a single fact, other than what a lawyer tells them to believe.....

David did a great job of laying the facts out of the situation, but hey, you sure did a great job yourself of posting a link to a fan message board of the college Watson played at.

Maybe for your next post you can regale us for the 87th time with your claims of how a case with 14+ different woman accusing someone is the same thing as 1 woman accusing someone.
Link Posted: 3/23/2021 8:55:41 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

There is a phase in legal proceedings called "discovery"....you might want to brush up on how that works.

And I will say it a second time, if Watson is guilty he deserves the punishment for his crimes.  But without all the evidence I will not rush to judgment, which appears to be what you are doing....do you not like due process?  Do you not like "innocent until proven guilty"?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

16 suits. 15 of them were messaged through Instagram, or text messages, or called on the phone. There will be evidence of all of that. That's a big stack of digital evidence waiting to be seen in court.

Why should their names be revealed outside of court? They are potentially victims of sexual assault. Their lawyer has already received death threats against himself, his staff and even his children. Do you think sexual assault victims should be exposed to potentially millions of people doubting and accusing and harassing them?

Meanwhile Watson's defense is his 1 normal masseuse was shut down for Covid, so he had to contact TWENTY FOUR other women, mostly through Instagram, to give him massages. But those massages had to ONLY be around his upper legs, buttocks, groin and abdomen. No lower legs. No arms. No shoulders. No neck.

Meanwhile half of the women were not licensed massage therapists, with a large percentage not even being in the massage field. Admitting they told Watson they were never trained or licensed to do massages, but he was okay with them doing it anyways.

He did not go through the teams licenses, high dollar, physical therapists or masseuses. He didn't go to large massage parlors/businesses. He went to a bunch of women on Instagram...

There is a phase in legal proceedings called "discovery"....you might want to brush up on how that works.

And I will say it a second time, if Watson is guilty he deserves the punishment for his crimes.  But without all the evidence I will not rush to judgment, which appears to be what you are doing....do you not like due process?  Do you not like "innocent until proven guilty"?

Innocent until proven guilty is a criminal basis.

These are civil suits. These women only need to have a preponderance of evidence to reach the standard of more likely than not (51%) he did it.

To claim 16 accusers, 15 of whom will have evidence of Watson contacting them for services, are more likely to be lying than Watson, whose attorney just admitted he had sexual contact with a masseuse (consensually), is ludicrous.

It may have not been proven in court yet. But Watson has also done nothing to prove it false.

He has done the opposite by confirming he was hiring masseuses in Instagram and confirming he had consensual sexual contact with one.

I may sound like I believe the women, and that's because they sound much MUCH more believable than Watson right now.
Link Posted: 3/23/2021 8:55:58 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

“Someone like that would never do something like that,” has become a demonstrably false argument.  It could be applied on multiple facets of this case, Interestingly enough.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I dunno, man.  Even if one of them was blackmailing him for a quick payday without having to deal with the fallout of forever being known as "that girl that..." it wouldn't even come close to all the evidence the plaintiffs possess if the lawyer has what he claims to have.

Bold claims of overwhelming evidence turning out to be nothing have happened quite a lot in the last few years.

If the lawyer doesn't have what he claims to have it will soon be known and his reputation and possibly his career will be ruined.

This isn't about "someone like that would never do something like that."  This is about "nobody seems to care when claims seem to be unfounded any more..."

Like I said, an MSM "journalist" could probably get away with that.

One of the biggest lawyers in Texas: probably not.
Link Posted: 3/23/2021 8:57:00 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Defacation??????
View Quote

Link Posted: 3/23/2021 8:58:08 PM EDT
[#16]
A coworker who cares about football thinks that the management of the team orchestrated this to strong arm him into playing for TX.
Link Posted: 3/23/2021 9:00:53 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
A coworker who cares about football thinks that the management of the team orchestrated this to strong arm him into playing for TX.
View Quote

I've heard that conspiracy but it doesn't make sense. So they get to keep him but catch mountains of shit for employing/starting an accused serial sexual predator?
Link Posted: 3/23/2021 9:02:25 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

That has a threat of physical harm element to it. My opinion would be different if they claimed "he told me to do this or he'd beat me/kill me."
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

That's why I said "allegations."

Also, we treat robbery under violence and robbery under threat as one and the same. It's of sound logic to conclude that verbal/emotional coercion to perform sexual acts is rape.

Though I do agree that sucking a dude's dick to get a movie role isn't rape. Threatening to destroy a woman's career so she'll be compelled to suck your dick is rape.

That has a threat of physical harm element to it. My opinion would be different if they claimed "he told me to do this or he'd beat me/kill me."

Coercion isn't limited to threats of physical harm. Coercion includes threats of financial and vocational harm. If you put a person into a state of fear or anxiety to compel them to have sex with you, that's rape, too.
Link Posted: 3/23/2021 9:07:33 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
But it also seems to be an admission that he wants a happy ending from the women massaging him.
View Quote

Possibly, and unless there is anything in those texts or DM's to suggest something of the sort, or physical evidence, then it's still just their story vs his.

I have a hard time believing somebody has orchestrated 20+ women to extort money out of Watson with false claims, but that money IS a motive and a blackmail attempt for $30K or whatever would highlight that.
Link Posted: 3/23/2021 9:09:11 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
View Quote
They also orchestrated all the Instagram DMs, text messages and phone calls to all the women from Watson's account and phone on the days in question.

Texans are better than the FBI at this shit.
Link Posted: 3/23/2021 9:11:40 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

Coercion isn't limited to threats of physical harm. Coercion includes threats of financial and vocational harm. If you put a person into a state of fear or anxiety to compel them to have sex with you, that's rape, too.
View Quote

I disagree.
Link Posted: 3/23/2021 9:12:09 PM EDT
[#22]
I guess I'd like to see hard evidence before condemning the man.
Link Posted: 3/23/2021 9:14:47 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
I guess I'd like to see hard evidence before condemning the man.
View Quote

depends on which masseuse's account you take into consideration
Link Posted: 3/23/2021 9:18:42 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Fake Ian Rapoport guy?   I almost fell for that one once.
Link Posted: 3/23/2021 9:19:19 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
View Quote

So the Texans (the team with the most incompetent front office in the NFL) has pulled off some elaborate cloak and dagger shit that would put the FBI to shame all to force Watson to end his hold out?

The mental gymnastics of Winston-leghumpers like your coworker and some in this thread is astonishing.
Link Posted: 3/23/2021 9:20:54 PM EDT
[#26]
Who?
Link Posted: 3/23/2021 9:21:57 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

barry mccockiner @ultraweedhater
Link Posted: 3/23/2021 9:27:27 PM EDT
[#28]
Link Posted: 3/23/2021 9:28:09 PM EDT
[#29]
Link Posted: 3/23/2021 9:29:18 PM EDT
[#30]
Link Posted: 3/23/2021 9:32:17 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

“Oral rape”? Uh, yeah...

Entirely possible he’s a creep.   Not the same as a predator, though.
View Quote

Really? Not a predator? If the allegations are true, I think he is the definition of a predator.
Link Posted: 3/23/2021 9:40:45 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
View Quote

When the first claim or two were made maybe, but at this point no way.    If the court of public opinion keeps going the team will have to find some way to cut his contract if they can.  I don't see another team willing to make a big trade for him like he wants with all this hanging over him. He may be a back up QB somewhere in a few years after he apologizes and goes to "rehab".  

Really sad if this stuff is true.  I liked him as a QB and think the Texans were to blame for wasting his talent along with all their other bad decisions the last few years.
Link Posted: 3/23/2021 9:44:33 PM EDT
[#33]
It sounds like he has his spas confused
Link Posted: 3/23/2021 9:47:24 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

This isn't about "someone like that would never do something like that."  This is about "nobody seems to care when claims seem to be unfounded any more..."

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Believe what you want.

I think anyone is capable of anything.
Link Posted: 3/23/2021 9:49:45 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

You keep focusing on the number and ignoring the two cases.  Both account had high profile attention seeking lawyers.  Both was a trial by public within the first few days (which you are playing along with very well).  Both wanted everything that was said to be true absent of actually finding the facts through discovery.

As we have already seen, the attorney won't name names and it seems he didn't fully vet his client.  Mike Nafong also didn't vet his client or find out the actual facts.....
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

David did a great job of laying the facts out of the situation, but hey, you sure did a great job yourself of posting a link to a fan message board of the college Watson played at.

Maybe for your next post you can regale us for the 87th time with your claims of how a case with 14+ different woman accusing someone is the same thing as 1 woman accusing someone.

You keep focusing on the number and ignoring the two cases.  Both account had high profile attention seeking lawyers.  Both was a trial by public within the first few days (which you are playing along with very well).  Both wanted everything that was said to be true absent of actually finding the facts through discovery.

As we have already seen, the attorney won't name names and it seems he didn't fully vet his client.  Mike Nafong also didn't vet his client or find out the actual facts.....

If you honestly can't understand the difference between having one woman accuse a man and 14 different woman accuse a man I don't know what else to tell you.
Link Posted: 3/23/2021 9:53:41 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

If you honestly can't understand the difference between having one woman accuse a man and 14 different woman accuse a man I don't know what else to tell you.
View Quote

I know that people have been known to pile on when there’s profit involved, especially when there is a lawyer begging people to come forward with a story...

“But a bunch of people said so...” doesn’t tell me much.

You don’t know enough facts to make a judgement and neither do I.  At this point, neither side of the story is any more believable than the other.
Link Posted: 3/23/2021 9:55:10 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

Believe what you want.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Believe what you want.

Maybe you're confusing our conversation with another one you're having.

You posted: "Nobody seems to care when claims seem to be unfounded any more..."

I replied that a MSM "journalist" might be able to get away with it, but people would care if one of the biggest lawyers in Texas did it.
Link Posted: 3/23/2021 9:56:27 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

I know that people have been known to pile on when there’s profit involved, especially when there is a lawyer begging people to come forward with a story...
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

And that might be the case here, however, that doesn't change the fact that 14 women accusing a guy of doing something is very different than one woman accusing him.
Link Posted: 3/23/2021 9:56:37 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

I replied that a MSM "journalist" might be able to get away with it, but people would care if one of the biggest lawyers in Texas did it.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Believe what you want.

Maybe, and maybe not.  All kinds of people try to get away with all kinds of stuff, even big shot lawyers.

You seem to want to turn this into something personal, for some reason.
Link Posted: 3/23/2021 9:59:48 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

Maybe, and maybe not.  All kinds of people try to get away with all kinds of stuff, even big shot lawyers.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Believe what you want.

It's not about whether an individual would "try to get away with all kinds of stuff."  It's about whether the public would let him off the hook if he was caught.

An MSM "journalist:" maybe.

One of the biggest lawyers in Texas: I very seriously doubt it.  I can't see people just forgetting it and him carrying on with his career as if nothing happened.
Link Posted: 3/23/2021 10:17:22 PM EDT
[#41]
Remember, this guy isn't just a lawyer. He has run for mayor, he has run for other elected positions, he donates large sums to many political campaigns, he is a real estate mogul. This dude is not just some bill board ambulance chaser.

To think he would risk his very wealthy lifestyle by helping file potentially dozens of false claims, something that could see him disbarred and bankrupted in counter suits, is a pretty decent stretch.

I do love that we have shifted from a Houston Texans organization conspiracy to a lawyer and dozens of women conspiracy though.
Link Posted: 3/23/2021 10:21:23 PM EDT
[#42]
Buzbee, replying to Watson's attorney's statement, said Watson and Burney "repeatedly insisted" that Jane Doe sign a non-disclosure agreement, and that she refused to do so.

This is in reference to the woman who sought $30k for her silence.
Link Posted: 3/23/2021 10:22:11 PM EDT
[#43]
Link Posted: 3/23/2021 10:41:04 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

For the second time....Focus on the case...not the number.

It is apparent an accusation = guilt to you.  Glad you won't sit on that jury......
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

It is apparent an accusation = guilt to you.  Glad you won't sit on that jury......

We have limited information to go on. You believe we should make NO opinions on Watson with this limited information. You believe we should believe him to be a saint until it is proven in court otherwise.

I have one response to that. The world isn't black and white. The two options right now are not Watson is innocent of everything or Watson is guilty of everything.

A normal human looks at the information currently available and makes a decision based on that information.

The information we have right now.
16 suits filed, 24 potential accusers
All 16 have similar stories and have stated they have digital evidence confirming contact with Watson including Watson hiring them for services
Watson's attorney has basically admitted that Watson had sexual contact with one of the 16 accusers, but it was consensual
Watson's latest statement claimed he had a masseuse, and he needed to replace that masseuse, so he went on Instagram and hired MULTIPLE masseuses in this time period.

So now we take what we know, and we add it to our general knowledge of the world and this situation.

We KNOW Watson was hiring masseuses off of Instagram.
We now are led to believe Watson had sexual contact with at least one of those masseuses.
We know 15-23 other women are claiming sexual contact/conduct from Watson.

And your response is, "HE'S INNOCENT UNTIL COURT! DON'T JUDGE THIS MAN! THEY CAN ALL (24 OF THEM) BE LYING WHORES WHO JUST WANT MONEY! WAIT UNTIL COURT!"

And you think your response is the normal one, and everyone else is wrong for assuming Watson might actually be guilty of this?...

You're a special one.
Link Posted: 3/23/2021 10:44:43 PM EDT
[#45]
This is obviously a classic case of he said, she said, she said, she said, she said, she said, she said, she said, she said, she said, she said, she said, she said, she said, she said, she said, she said, she said, she said, she said, she said, she said, she said, she said, she said.

By the time you finish reading this there might be another she said.

His defense has gone from, "I treat all women with utmost respect," to, "Well I banged one Instagram masseuse, but..."
Link Posted: 3/23/2021 10:46:48 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

which one of the 16 should we focus on?
Link Posted: 3/23/2021 10:48:47 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
Who?
View Quote

We get it, you don't watch sportsball.

Damn you're cool.

Link Posted: 3/23/2021 10:50:38 PM EDT
[#48]
Link Posted: 3/23/2021 11:04:42 PM EDT
[#49]
A thought on Watson's attorney bringing up Buzbee denying them the names of the accusers.

How many Instagram masseuses did Watson visit that he can't identify these women from these filed suits? The suits give dates, many of them EXACT DAYS, they explain their businesses, it explains how Watson contacted them, covers phone calls, explains where they met (his house, a house in Beverly Hills, an exact hotel name)... You telling me Watson has rubbed his dick on so many masseuses in the last 13 months that he can't figure out who these other 15 fucking women are right now? He's sitting there staring at the suit about him ejaculating on a woman's face going, "which one was this again?"
Link Posted: 3/23/2021 11:09:47 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

When the first claim or two were made maybe, but at this point no way.    If the court of public opinion keeps going the team will have to find some way to cut his contract if they can.  I don't see another team willing to make a big trade for him like he wants with all this hanging over him. He may be a back up QB somewhere in a few years after he apologizes and goes to "rehab".  

Really sad if this stuff is true.  I liked him as a QB and think the Texans were to blame for wasting his talent along with all their other bad decisions the last few years.
View Quote

They can easily cut him. Conduct detrimental to the team gets them out of the contract and even the guaranteed money in it. Any money paid they could force him to pay back as well.

The issue is...he reportedly wants to leave the team, apparently so badly he would be willing to sit out the season and not get paid, and the team doesn't even want to trade him (a scenario where they would get almost an unheard of amount of compensation for him).

Now, it's a PR nightmare for the Texans to continue employing him, if they cut him they let their most valuable player walk out the door with zero compensation, and his trade value is tanked because it's a PR nightmare for teams to acquire him AND there is the possibility he is suspended/indefinitely suspended AND teams are smart and know Houston is in this pickle.

Page / 23
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top