User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 9
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 2/1/2023 10:32:46 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I think it's dumb, but it's also the South and they've been spoon fed a sugar coated revisionist version of the Civil War for 158 years, so I don't blame them honestly.

It's not present day Southerners' fault the post-war South (thanks in large part to the United Daughters of the Confederacy) crafted a "we dindu nuffin wrong" account of events and passed it off as "history" to future generations.

I'd fly the shit out of that flag too if that's the only version of the war I knew.
View Quote

Same is true for the north. Both sides share blame. Both hold to their version. But as I’ve said earlier in this thread, right or wrong
the winner gets to write their version.
Link Posted: 2/1/2023 10:34:13 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
With the exception of recent woke trends most folks I know feel proud by it.  But most folks I know see it as a symbol of the south and pride and nothing to do with racism…
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
With the exception of recent woke trends most folks I know feel proud by it.  But most folks I know see it as a symbol of the south and pride and nothing to do with racism…

Quoted:
Doesn't bother me in the least. One of my neighbors flies the stars and bars.

Link Posted: 2/1/2023 10:34:15 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
I don't care.
View Quote
FP nailed it
Link Posted: 2/1/2023 10:42:12 AM EDT
[#4]
In the South it’s a symbol of Southern pride.  Outside the South it’s mostly associated with people who are proud to be useless.  Banning it is dumb.
Link Posted: 2/1/2023 11:50:25 AM EDT
[#5]
The number of Southerners misusing the term “Stars & Bars” is troubling.

On a positive note, one can fly the real Stars & Bars with nary a second glance by the woketards; they’re rarely educated beyond the level to facilitate their position as useful idiots.

Link Posted: 2/1/2023 11:55:35 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
The number of Southerners misusing the term “Stars & Bars” is troubling.

On a positive note, one can fly the real Stars & Bars with nary a second glance by the woketards; they’re rarely educated beyond the level to facilitate their position as useful idiots.

View Quote

Link Posted: 2/1/2023 12:03:17 PM EDT
[#7]
Doesn't bother me at all.
Link Posted: 2/1/2023 12:06:01 PM EDT
[#8]
I consider it an instant indicator of IQ....I have yet to be proven wrong.
Link Posted: 2/1/2023 12:09:46 PM EDT
[#9]
As a yankee living in TX (and lived in Arkansas for two years) it doesn’t bother me at all.

To be honest, I used see more of them in NH than I do in TX.

And growing up in MA, the HS teams in the town right next to us were the Walpole Rebels and their logo was the Confederate flag. They had it on a large billboard overlooking the football field. Everybody loved it until Trump was elected and then suddenly everybody was outraged, so they took the billboard down.

A friend of my parents owns the land adjacent to the high school and football field, so he erected his own large billboard with the confederate flag overlooking the field. Locals lost their minds and kept calling police on him, but there was nothing they could do. He was on Fox News because of the controversy.
Link Posted: 2/1/2023 12:21:47 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Personally I couldn't care less - but this 30'x60' specimen that flew near I-4 in Tampa sure rustled some liberal jimmies.    

https://i.postimg.cc/qB6bfJSQ/RQUBXw-OKk-YGpmla-800x450-no-Pad.jpg
View Quote

Still known as Buffalo to long time natives.
Link Posted: 2/1/2023 12:27:58 PM EDT
[#11]
To me it has always been the symbol of the south and should never be band.

Now go to Vietnam, which had a north vs south struggle as well, and you cannot fly any southern flag. Not the former VC red and blue flag, let alone the yellow and red version of the former republic.

Last time I checked, we are not communists here.
Link Posted: 2/1/2023 12:31:22 PM EDT
[#12]

Did you get that from DUngheap?
Link Posted: 2/1/2023 12:32:12 PM EDT
[#13]
***THE SOUTHERN THING***

Link Posted: 2/1/2023 12:38:41 PM EDT
[#14]
Doesn't bother me at all.  

Just like the stars and stripes, it is sometimes flown by idiots who don't know what it means.

The last flag I flew at the house was my Texas flag.  Lots of FJB flags in my area, though.
Link Posted: 2/1/2023 12:53:03 PM EDT
[#15]
When I see one here in Idaho it’s usually flying from a yard with crap all over the place, cars on blocks, oil stains and a lawn that’s overrun with weeds.

On vehicles it’s always the dirty, rusty, beat to shit ones.

It’s hard not to make a correlation between the flag and the lifestyle
Link Posted: 2/1/2023 1:09:34 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Lots of people seem offended and want it torn down. I’m not from the south originally but when I do see it I’m not offended at all. I know young Americans died on both sides. I don’t think it should be erased from history or banned. Call me a racist,I don’t care. Woketards think they can just erase history.
View Quote

They are rare even now in the deep south. I never see them anymore.
Link Posted: 2/1/2023 1:16:49 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
When I see one here in Idaho it’s usually flying from a yard with crap all over the place, cars on blocks, oil stains and a lawn that’s overrun with weeds.

On vehicles it’s always the dirty, rusty, beat to shit ones.

It’s hard not to make a correlation between the flag and the lifestyle
View Quote

It truly is a litmus test....
Link Posted: 2/1/2023 1:33:34 PM EDT
[#18]
It's a F-U to the wokies and pc drones so I love it.  I have several.
Link Posted: 2/1/2023 1:39:49 PM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 2/1/2023 1:55:31 PM EDT
[#20]
Neither offended or proud. It is a flag of historical significance, nothing more or less. I do not see it as a symbol of hate nor as a symbol of anything. Flags such as the Nazi flag, old Soviet flag or current Chinese flag offends me greatly and are symbols of evil and hatred. Place the pride flag, ISIS flag and ANTIFA flag among the symbols of true evil and hatred as well.
Link Posted: 2/1/2023 2:56:31 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

Same is true for the north. Both sides share blame. Both hold to their version. But as I've said earlier in this thread, right or wrong
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I think it's dumb, but it's also the South and they've been spoon fed a sugar coated revisionist version of the Civil War for 158 years, so I don't blame them honestly.

It's not present day Southerners' fault the post-war South (thanks in large part to the United Daughters of the Confederacy) crafted a "we dindu nuffin wrong" account of events and passed it off as "history" to future generations.

I'd fly the shit out of that flag too if that's the only version of the war I knew.

Same is true for the north. Both sides share blame. Both hold to their version. But as I've said earlier in this thread, right or wrong

No doubt biases exist, but the truth is that the South was given free reign over how they wanted the world to interpret the war. And nobody questioned it because frankly losing was bad enough and we as a nation wanted to start living again - why not let them have their statues and their re-telling of whatever version of the war they wanted to believe?

In reality, the South (for over a hundred years) has had a much bigger voice in how we as Americans view the conflict.

In this case, the loser (not the winner) wrote the history of the Civil War.

The fact that people still get upset in 2023 that slavery was the root cause for secession and ultimately the war itself just shows how tone deaf so many people still are over the true events that took place in Antebellum America and the war.
Link Posted: 2/1/2023 3:14:21 PM EDT
[#22]
The whole thing just sort of saddens me because part of my culture (for better or worse) vanished overnight.

Link Posted: 2/1/2023 3:24:08 PM EDT
[#23]
I don't care. But I did always wonder why, you lost. Did Germany continue to fly the Swastica.
Link Posted: 2/1/2023 5:13:09 PM EDT
[#24]
How do you think I feel I have one tattooed on my arm, never had anyone says anything to me about it.
Link Posted: 2/1/2023 5:13:31 PM EDT
[#25]
There are almost more Ukraine than Confederate flags around here.
Link Posted: 2/1/2023 5:15:28 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
The whole thing just sort of saddens me because part of my culture (for better or worse) vanished overnight.

https://i.imgur.com/RvMX6lph.jpg
View Quote

It's reduced Richmond to just another rundown filthy southern shithole.  There is no historical significance.
Link Posted: 2/1/2023 10:50:43 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

No doubt biases exist, but the truth is that the South was given free reign over how they wanted the world to interpret the war. And nobody questioned it because frankly losing was bad enough and we as a nation wanted to start living again - why not let them have their statues and their re-telling of whatever version of the war they wanted to believe?

In reality, the South (for over a hundred years) has had a much bigger voice in how we as Americans view the conflict.

The fact that people still get upset in 2023 that slavery was the root cause for secession and ultimately the war itself just shows how tone deaf so many people still are over the true events that took place in Antebellum America and the war.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Abortion is the modern-day slavery-type issue, but it seems the people most offended by slavery - which we can’t do anything about today and America was pretty progressive about abolishing decades before many other developed nations -have no issues murdering the truly innocent unborn.

I wish they had a fraction of the compassion for the babies or the victims of the modern-day slave trade at our southern border. But alas, it’s not really about them being offended by the unjust, rather offended by Americans being American.

They truly despise your freedoms.
Link Posted: 2/2/2023 10:50:12 AM EDT
[#28]
I start to cry and have to go to my safe place.
Link Posted: 2/2/2023 10:57:24 AM EDT
[#29]
Flys confederate flag, gets upset at rainbow flag.

My tribalism is heritage. Your tribalism is bad

American flag is only flag.
Link Posted: 2/2/2023 11:20:45 AM EDT
[#30]
I feel the same way I do about cars/trucks with Colt, Glock, etc. stickers on them.  Dumb ass looking for trouble.
Link Posted: 2/2/2023 11:21:34 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
I don't care. But I did always wonder why, you lost. Did Germany continue to fly the Swastica.
View Quote

I don't know, but the communists are still dunking on Germany 78 years later.

This is in Germany a mere stones throw from the Reichstag and the center of Berlin:

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 2/6/2023 11:35:20 AM EDT
[#32]
I along with my Lady don't have a problem with the flag.  My Lady was raised in Alabama and her high school symbol was the flag and they were known as the Rebels.  

The flag flies proudly on one side of the drive entrance while the Stars and Stripes fly on the other side 15 feet taller.

Link Posted: 2/6/2023 11:36:23 AM EDT
[#33]
Just another symbol we lost to the left
Link Posted: 2/6/2023 12:54:44 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I don't care.

I remember when certain butthurt groups were boycotting Mississippi and Georgia (for their flags) and South Carolina (for flying the Confederate Naval Ensign over the Statehouse) and thinking, "if this is what it's going to take for asshole race hustlers like 'Reverends' Sharpton and Jacksonto to boycott certain states, we should ramp up production of said flags and make them bigger."
Link Posted: 2/6/2023 12:57:26 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
It's a F-U to the wokies and pc drones so I love it.  I have several.
View Quote

It should be a continuing thumb in the eye of federalism.
Link Posted: 2/6/2023 1:07:36 PM EDT
[#36]
I have numerous kin from the Florida Confederate 3rd Army..that are buried in out family cemetery in Duval county..my mom was a local president of the daughters of the revolution...I don't fly the flag but I could if I wanted too I guess. My mom went to Robert E Lee HS..
Link Posted: 2/6/2023 1:11:57 PM EDT
[#37]
I like it.
Link Posted: 2/6/2023 1:36:08 PM EDT
[#38]
If a household believes so strongly in states rights to own slaves, they should absolutely display the flag prominently in public view.
Link Posted: 2/6/2023 1:38:16 PM EDT
[#39]
Never bothered me. What did was the negative stigma about it, along with the stereotypes planted on any one or area flying one.
History is history..no need to ban or erase it.

Then again my area its either the confederate flag or Mexican flag ....along with the US flag.

Link Posted: 2/6/2023 1:58:36 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
When I see one here in Idaho it's usually flying from a yard with crap all over the place, cars on blocks, oil stains and a lawn that's overrun with weeds.

On vehicles it's always the dirty, rusty, beat to shit ones.

It's hard not to make a correlation between the flag and the lifestyle

Yes, it sure seems that way.
Link Posted: 2/6/2023 1:58:52 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
If a household believes so strongly in states rights to own slaves, they should absolutely display the flag prominently in public view.
View Quote

Link Posted: 2/6/2023 2:02:07 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
View Quote
LOL. Pay your taxes, kill more babies.
Page / 9
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top