Link Posted: 1/21/2020 11:56:24 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 1/21/2020 12:02:27 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Man that is one Khyber Pass-looking MP5
Link Posted: 1/21/2020 12:07:48 PM EDT
[#4]
How exciting.  It's displayed at Shot Show again......
Link Posted: 1/21/2020 12:18:55 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Have they released a price point yet?

What does a semi HK Mp5 cost?
View Quote
If I’m not mistaken they’re listed for like $2300. I haven’t looked at them since they came out though.
Link Posted: 1/21/2020 2:28:11 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Man that is one Khyber Pass-looking MP5
View Quote
I am hoping that's a raw prototype model they took at the R&D Cave.  
Link Posted: 1/21/2020 8:02:19 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 1/21/2020 8:13:36 PM EDT
[#8]
Where is the PSA MP5 Clone?! Plus More -- Shot Show 2020

Found this while puttering around YouTube.

Quote from the video: “That is set to be available to purchase before this year is over.”

I’ll believe it when I see it.
Link Posted: 1/21/2020 9:13:44 PM EDT
[#9]
Hk may have released their version but you can’t buy one anywhere. Atleast not overpriced ones on GB.  I think its good if psa can get them out in numbers
Link Posted: 1/22/2020 10:07:40 AM EDT
[#10]
Ar15.com SHOT interview.
Palmetto State Armory PSAK-E, PSA5, PS9 Dagger, PSA JAKL - SHOT Show 2020

Edit, I thought they speculated on a price, was wrong. Price was for JAKL not the PSA-5
Link Posted: 1/22/2020 11:12:32 AM EDT
[#11]
That JAKL and glock copy...and the K model PSA5.  My wallet is going to hurt! But in a good way.
Link Posted: 1/22/2020 11:23:58 AM EDT
[#12]
It looks like a very nicely done gun.  I'd buy one.
Link Posted: 1/22/2020 11:26:19 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Ar15.com SHOT interview.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ay4PtDr4aNw

Edit, I thought they speculated on a price, was wrong. Price was for JAKL not the PSA-5
View Quote
They refused to give an estimated price on the JAKL
Link Posted: 1/22/2020 12:08:07 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Ar15.com SHOT interview.

View Quote
"Gross. We hate commies"

Link Posted: 1/22/2020 12:40:59 PM EDT
[#15]
If some of this stuff doesn't excite you, you need to get your T checked.

Who says no one is innovating?
Link Posted: 1/22/2020 12:45:33 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
If some of this stuff doesn't excite you, you need to get your T checked.

Who says no one is innovating?
View Quote
I think we're benefiting from the sales slump when it comes to new products.
Link Posted: 1/22/2020 1:40:52 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Ar15.com SHOT interview.

Paraphrasing but I believe he said nothing official. Were originally planning on $1200 range. And said something about were hopeful to be in that ballpark.

Edit. I rewatched and didnt see it. Maybe it was on another video..or I'm just going crazy. Apologies
Link Posted: 1/22/2020 1:46:05 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Paraphrasing but I believe he said nothing official. Were originally planning on $1200 range. And said something about were hopeful to be in that ballpark
View Quote
that was in reference to their mp5
Link Posted: 1/22/2020 1:47:44 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Paraphrasing but I believe he said nothing official. Were originally planning on $1200 range. And said something about were hopeful to be in that ballpark
Well shit, that's what I originally posted it was about the PSA-5. Then I went back to video to double check and couldnt find it and thought it was for JAKL.  Apologies
Link Posted: 1/22/2020 1:48:04 PM EDT
[#20]
I love PSA but I don't love the PSA5.

The whole point of doing a clone is that, well, it's a clone. Changing the sights, adding a rail, using the frankly ugly Magpul furniture, and adding that funky brace make this a something else, not a clone.

I'm sure they'll sell well and be lots of fun for the owners, though, so I'll go be obtuse in the corner. With my clones.
Link Posted: 1/22/2020 2:00:59 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Paraphrasing but I believe he said nothing official. Were originally planning on $1200 range. And said something about were hopeful to be in that ballpark.

Edit. I rewatched and didnt see it. Maybe it was on another video..or I'm just going crazy. Apologies
View Quote
Ouch. That’s dangerous price territory when you consider the competition that uses HK tooling and are already established with their production optimized.
Link Posted: 1/22/2020 2:08:40 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
I love PSA but I don't love the PSA5.

The whole point of doing a clone is that, well, it's a clone. Changing the sights, adding a rail, using the frankly ugly Magpul furniture, and adding that funky brace make this a something else, not a clone.

I'm sure they'll sell well and be lots of fun for the owners, though, so I'll go be obtuse in the corner. With my clones.
View Quote
Look at 6:05 in the video I posted.  Looks like more of a clone type (no rail,etc) version hanging on the pegboard in the background
Link Posted: 1/22/2020 2:31:56 PM EDT
[#23]
I wonder which piece of it they will show off at SHOT 2021???
Link Posted: 1/22/2020 2:37:45 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

Ouch. That’s dangerous price territory when you consider the competition that uses HK tooling and are already established with their production optimized.
View Quote
It's hard to see how they can come out of the gate at $1200 and produce a quality product. PTR charges $500 more and they've been doing it for a long time.
Link Posted: 1/22/2020 3:08:39 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

It's hard to see how they can come out of the gate at $1200 and produce a quality product. PTR charges $500 more and they've been doing it for a long time.
View Quote
They will sell a SHIT TON if the actual price is $1200 & they work.
Link Posted: 1/22/2020 6:22:54 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

They will sell a SHIT TON if the actual price is $1200 & they work.
View Quote
This. $1200 is just hitting the acceptable point for a lot of people. It wasn't THAT long ago that a decent/middle of the road AR was in that range. $1500-1700 range seems to be a turnoff to a lot. $1200 is believable. $1000 always seemed optimistic.
Link Posted: 1/22/2020 7:04:39 PM EDT
[#27]
$1200?! Fuck that. I was thinking around $800-900
Link Posted: 1/22/2020 7:07:38 PM EDT
[#28]
Wow. Not very interested around $1200. Thought it'd sit right at 1k. Oh well. May get one down the road still.
Link Posted: 1/22/2020 7:17:29 PM EDT
[#29]
How about putting a freakin real picture in your original post?
you’ve been here 8 years. get wit the program.
Link Posted: 1/22/2020 7:28:07 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

How is your post relevant to the discussion of the PSA MP5? Nobody gives a fuck that you say you have a FA MP5.  Whoopty fuckin doo. Now, back to the basement while the grownups talk.
View Quote
Shut your fat pie hole, bud.
Link Posted: 1/22/2020 7:28:24 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Link Posted: 1/22/2020 7:38:47 PM EDT
[#33]
Without reading through every page.  Are they going to do the 8. 9 barrel as well.  Im not a fan of the midget one.
Link Posted: 1/22/2020 8:20:35 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Agreed. For about a hundred bucks more you can get a POF that is known to run like a top. The POFs aren’t known for having incredible finishes but mine looks good. If given the choice between a PSA and a POF with only a hundred bucks difference I’d go with the POF all day. Nothing against PSA but their gun is unknown. For that kind of money I ain’t testing. If it were maybe $900 or $1000 I might have a tougher decision on my hands.
Link Posted: 1/22/2020 8:25:46 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I don’t believe the price reflects the cost in any way. Maybe at some point while they’re still paying for tooling and that kind of thing. I know they’re labor intensive but come on, it’s not like these things are costing them a grand to make. I’d be surprised if they PTR had 300 bucks tied up in a single gun in parts and labor.
Link Posted: 1/22/2020 8:29:51 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

How is your post relevant to the discussion of the PSA MP5? Nobody gives a fuck that you say you have a FA MP5.  Whoopty fuckin doo. Now, back to the basement while the grownups talk.
I’ll have you know that my pie hole is skinny sir.
Link Posted: 1/22/2020 10:05:50 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
While it would have been nice. I don’t know that it’s required.

I posted it from where and when I found it. You’re welcome to start your own thread sir.
Link Posted: 1/26/2020 11:56:08 PM EDT
[#38]

damn, these things really weight like 7 pounds..?

I thought the whole point was they were light and handy... I mean, 9mm it's gotta be a featherweight or might as well go rifle caliber right?

they definitely are extremely handsome and iconic design, but that's pretty tank for pistol caliber IMO..
Link Posted: 1/27/2020 12:00:40 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
https://atlantic-firearms-prod.s3.amazonaws.com/media/sylius_shop_product_original/product/9mm-pistol-13.jpg

I thought the whole point was they were light and handy... I mean, 9mm it's gotta be a featherweight or might as well go rifle caliber right?

they definitely are extremely handsome and iconic design, but that's pretty tank for pistol caliber IMO..
View Quote
It is made out of sheet metal.
Link Posted: 1/27/2020 12:04:58 AM EDT
[#40]
I've got to be honest...the MP5 thing is neat....but a $299 "not a glock" is amazing.

They're gonna be like Oprah of guns..."YOU GET A NOTAGLOCK AND YOU GET A NOTAGLOCK...AND ..AND..AND"

I plan on buying a couple of them.
Link Posted: 1/27/2020 12:35:18 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
I've got to be honest...the MP5 thing is neat....but a $299 "not a glock" is amazing.

They're gonna be like Oprah of guns..."YOU GET A NOTAGLOCK AND YOU GET A NOTAGLOCK...AND ..AND..AND"

I plan on buying a couple of them.
View Quote
I think they will sell them faster than they can make them.  Also puts a hard squeeze on a lot of the middle of the road "barely acceptable" brands out there.
Link Posted: 1/27/2020 12:47:44 PM EDT
[#42]
I wonder if it keeps Pacino up at nite, being compared to De Niro, knowing full well he’s ten times the actor Bobby is...
Link Posted: 1/27/2020 1:22:33 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
https://atlantic-firearms-prod.s3.amazonaws.com/media/sylius_shop_product_original/product/9mm-pistol-13.jpg

View Quote
Yep. Sheet metal. The whole point is sear host, as far as I am concerned, but I've never been a fan of semiauto sub guns either.
Link Posted: 1/27/2020 1:33:13 PM EDT
[#44]
Once PSA releases this one, they need to make anew one that takes Glock mags!
Page / 5
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top