Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 9
Link Posted: 9/29/2023 4:26:06 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Let's say you bought the full rifle from PSA. What isn't clone correct?

Barrel make
Twist??
Trigger
Lower markings
Upper markings

What else?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
No where near clone or even clone-ish correct, but I already really like it. Fit and finish seems really high. No noticeable issues w/ paint, alignment or loose screws. Hoping to get it to the range w/ my 6.5CM Sabre M110-ish and 13.7 Jakl next week while on vacation.

Now to source an A1 lower/grip and paint everything up.

https://i.imgur.com/u5NpFyY.jpg

Looks good, man!  Let us know how it shoots.

Also, please post in here for teh lulz:

https://www.ar15.com/forums/ar-15/Official-Mk12-Mod0-Mod1-ModH-Photo-and-Discussion-Thread/118-520524/

/media/mediaFiles/sharedAlbum/1606817163070-603.gif

Barrel make
Twist??
Trigger
Lower markings
Upper markings

What else?
Everything except the PRI parts?  Lol
Link Posted: 9/29/2023 4:42:34 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
I discovered that (at least some) cloners detest the PSA rifle because it's not close enough to being a real Mk12 to them and those that own them are beneath them. I think this is hilarious.
View Quote

It is pretty wild.

I'll pick up one of these uppers soon.
Link Posted: 9/29/2023 4:43:28 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
No where near clone or even clone-ish correct, but I already really like it. Fit and finish seems really high. No noticeable issues w/ paint, alignment or loose screws. Hoping to get it to the range w/ my 6.5CM Sabre M110-ish and 13.7 Jakl next week while on vacation.

Now to source an A1 lower/grip and paint everything up.

https://i.imgur.com/u5NpFyY.jpg

Looks good, man!  Let us know how it shoots.

Also, please post in here for teh lulz:

https://www.ar15.com/forums/ar-15/Official-Mk12-Mod0-Mod1-ModH-Photo-and-Discussion-Thread/118-520524/

/media/mediaFiles/sharedAlbum/1606817163070-603.gif

Barrel make
Twist??
Trigger
Lower markings
Upper markings

What else?

Yea and even then the PRI parts will be dinged by the really autistic as not being the correct generation or not having the correct vent holes that are the correct diameter at the proper spacing or the charging handle isn't a welded latch from a certain address with the proper shade of purple that they insist you must paint over, etc etc etc. You can never make them happy, but they build all their stuff on civilian lowers w/o a third hole so even their stuff is (usually) wrong too.

As for this one, I'll eventually get a Gasbuster CH and put it on an A1 lower w/ an Ergo or A1 grip and maybe, MAYBE, eventually source a proper scope in the correct rings, but it'll never be a true clone so I probably won't go that far. I'm not ADD/ADHD/Autistic so that shit doesn't bother me. It looks the part enough for me.
Link Posted: 9/29/2023 5:42:15 PM EDT
[#4]
Attachment Attached File

I want to get one test side by side with my "not quite" clone correct setup. Then I can have a green and fde option without stripping paint or dropping a couple mortgage payments.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 10/1/2023 4:25:09 AM EDT
[#5]
I bought the upper but it will be a couple of weeks before I get to shoot it. I was collecting parts to build one anyway and pulled the trigger on one of these uppers on a whim.
   Its going to go on a 20yr old RRA lower with the plain text roll mark. It was hosting my vintage A1 build before I bought a gray H&R lower for it so PSA got me twice. lol

Anyone shoot one for groups yet?
Link Posted: 10/1/2023 4:27:47 AM EDT
[#6]
View Quote

That trolling was probably too subtle.
Link Posted: 10/1/2023 10:12:56 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

I love when he gets an autist cloner to bite on that.
Link Posted: 10/1/2023 7:56:50 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Especially because he’s a cloner, haha.
Link Posted: 10/1/2023 10:30:48 PM EDT
[#9]
Its weird that I can’t find any reports of someone shooting one of these things. The M110 knock off has tons of reviews and videos. Weird.
Link Posted: 10/2/2023 9:38:28 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Its weird that I can’t find any reports of someone shooting one of these things. The M110 knock off has tons of reviews and videos. Weird.
View Quote

I fully plan on getting mine to the range either tomorrow or Wednesday along with the M110 and Jakl. You’ll see some results this week one way or the other.
Link Posted: 10/5/2023 12:08:58 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Cameron here from PSA to answer some of the questions that are asked:

- The barrel will be made in house out of 416R with 5R rifling that is then bead blasted.
- The tube is from PRI as well as the Rear flip up and the gas block.
- This will come with collar, flash hider, and thread protector from otter creek that is compatable with AEM5's.
- We will have this upper available as well as complete rifle. We also have some more "Hybrid" type builds similar to what we do on the Sabre line now where we will have 14.5" Pin and weld options for other types of suppressor mounting capabilities.
View Quote

Epic first post.

Welcome to the shitstorm.
Link Posted: 10/5/2023 12:56:17 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

I fully plan on getting mine to the range either tomorrow or Wednesday along with the M110 and Jakl. You’ll see some results this week one way or the other.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Care to share any results?
Link Posted: 10/5/2023 1:31:42 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

The wife had other ideas about what I was doing so far this week. Tomorrow I am going.

ETA: I did just order a blem H&R gray A1 lower and A1 LPK to go w/ the A1 stock I have and I just received the M84 Gasbuster from PA so I'm on the way to a clone-ish build.
Link Posted: 10/5/2023 1:46:53 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

The wife had other ideas about what I was doing so far this week. Tomorrow I am going.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

GD:

Link Posted: 10/5/2023 3:38:49 PM EDT
[#15]
No thanks.  I already have a clone correct Mk12.
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 10/5/2023 4:34:29 PM EDT
[#16]
Too far?
Link Posted: 10/6/2023 3:32:52 PM EDT
[#17]
Alright, finally got it to the range for some initial zeroing. I had hoped to test several other loadings, but grabbed the wrong ammo can leaving the house. Luckily I had a single box of AAC 77gr. SMK, 10 rounds of AAC 77 gr. TMK, and 5 whole rounds of Nosler 73 gr at the bottom of my range bag so all was not lost.

Conditions: 65-75* @ ~800' ASL, misting to start, then humid until it burned off and cleared up a little when the sun came out. By then I was shooting the M110.

Function: Zero issues. I've changed out the charging handle with a PRI M84 Gasbuster and that seemed to help. I didn't seem to notice near as much gas the face. Highly recommend anyone getting one of these to do the same.  Brass ejected at 4 o'clock and with oomph. It is getting the right amount of gas w/ the AEM5 on it (orange bucket is where the cases were landing):

I haven't shot since anything for precision since March and it shows. The humidity fogging my glasses up didn't help. I was uncomfortable and not able to stay in a good position for most of the rounds so I really think this upper is capable of more (ok, excuses done). I'm going to try and get it to the range again this weekend to try again and have more ammo to work with. As it is, I consistently fucked groups up with the last round(s).

I started with the 77gr. SMKs in the center. Bottom four, then threw the last round high.  I then shot two 5 round groups in the top left. As you can see, I would drop the last round in each group.

Berger 73s (bottom left) were putting a good group together until I yanked on the last shot and sent it way low. Still not used to the Sabre trigger. I plan to change it out for a Geissele in the future.

TMKs are all over the fucking place. I shot them last and the mirage was horrible. I should've waited. As it is, I consider those wasted groups and not representative of the upper.

As it stands, I'm not calling this an MOA-capable upper, but I think with the right loading and shooter, it might be. It appears to hold roughly what 9 Hole Reviews found with their PRI upper (~1.5 moa) @ the 3:15 mark.

Accuracy in the Mk12? A brand new Mk12 Mod0 upper from PRI.

Loadings I have to test:

Will update when I have more groups shot.
Link Posted: 10/6/2023 3:51:34 PM EDT
[#18]
The 1.5moa in that video was shot with imi 77gr razorcore.  My experience with that ammo is that it's hot and ok accuracy.  My pri mk12 mod0 upper, with 69gr tmk@2915fps will hover around .7moa and occasionally shoot .5moa.  Fgmm will shoot 3/4 -1moa.  My rifle prefers 69gr smk/tmk, it will shoot 77smk at 2625fps but any faster and accuracy diminishes.  69tmk@2915 vs 77smk/tmk@2625, the 69 gr load stomps it.
Link Posted: 10/6/2023 3:58:48 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Alright, finally got it to the range for some initial zeroing. I had hoped to test several other loadings, but grabbed the wrong ammo can leaving the house. Luckily I had a single box of AAC 77gr. SMK, 10 rounds of AAC 77 gr. TMK, and 5 whole rounds of Nosler 73 gr at the bottom of my range bag so all was not lost.

Conditions: 65-75* @ ~800' ASL, misting to start, then humid until it burned off and cleared up a little when the sun came out. By then I was shooting the M110.

Function: Zero issues. I've changed out the charging handle with a PRI M84 Gasbuster and that seemed to help. I didn't seem to notice near as much gas the face. Highly recommend anyone getting one of these to do the same.  Brass ejected at 4 o'clock and with oomph. It is getting the right amount of gas w/ the AEM5 on it (orange bucket is where the cases were landing):
https://i.imgur.com/xHspHZR.jpg

I haven't shot since anything for precision since March and it shows. The humidity fogging my glasses up didn't help. I was uncomfortable and not able to stay in a good position for most of the rounds so I really think this upper is capable of more (ok, excuses done). I'm going to try and get it to the range again this weekend to try again and have more ammo to work with. As it is, I consistently fucked groups up with the last round(s).

I started with the 77gr. SMKs in the center. Bottom four, then threw the last round high.  I then shot two 5 round groups in the top left. As you can see, I would drop the last round in each group.

Berger 73s (bottom left) were putting a good group together until I yanked on the last shot and sent it way low. Still not used to the Sabre trigger. I plan to change it out for a Geissele in the future.

TMKs are all over the fucking place. I shot them last and the mirage was horrible. I should've waited. As it is, I consider those wasted groups and not representative of the upper.
https://i.imgur.com/qf2rtVB.jpg

As it stands, I'm not calling this an MOA-capable upper, but I think with the right loading and shooter, it might be. It appears to hold roughly what 9 Hole Reviews found with their PRI upper (~1.5 moa) @ the 3:15 mark.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nQaNR2d7Pb4

Loadings I have to test:
https://i.imgur.com/ODKbnUn.jpg

View Quote

What distance are you shooting at?
Link Posted: 10/6/2023 4:12:38 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Loadings I have to test:

Just 100 yards. I didn’t have time or ammo to stretch it out. Forgot my Magnetospeed to get good dope, too.
Link Posted: 10/6/2023 4:16:56 PM EDT
[#21]
I wanted to build one so badly in the day.

Now, I am trying to shrink the collection.

I bought a Mark 4 scope just to build one.

Link Posted: 10/6/2023 4:20:58 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

Just 100 yards. I didn’t have time or ammo to stretch it out. Forgot my Magnetospeed to get good dope, too.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Loadings I have to test:

yikes! I would have thought the SMK's would do better than that.
I haven't done any testing with the new AAC ammo, but my MK12 clone with Black Hills MK262 is .5-.75 MOA
even with the SSA mk262 ammo it is well under MOA.
I'll have to go do some testing
Link Posted: 10/6/2023 4:33:28 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

View Quote

No offense. Those groups just looks like shit tho. I get sub .5moa out of my old BCM built upper. Hope you find ammo that works.

What sort of trigger does it have?
Link Posted: 10/6/2023 4:40:31 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

No offense. Those groups just looks like shit tho. I get sub .5moa out of my old BCM built upper. Hope you find ammo that works.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

None taken. I fully admit to being out of practice. I fought myself as much as anything else today. I was shooting off a bench today using an ammo can and small bag to support the front. Not exactly the most stable set up in the world. I might try prone off a pack next time I go, see if that helps.

I do think the upper is capable of more/better with a better shooter.

Trigger is whatever PSA puts in the Sabre lowers. It’s a decent trigger. I’m not going to blame it for the size of the groups. I want to get a SSA-E eventually but that’s down the road.
Link Posted: 10/6/2023 5:58:32 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

None taken. I fully admit to being out of practice. I fought myself as much as anything else today. I was shooting off a bench today using an ammo can and small bag to support the front. Not exactly the most stable set up in the world. I might try prone off a pack next time I go, see if that helps.

Trigger is whatever PSA puts in the Sabre lowers. It’s a decent trigger. I’m not going to blame it for the size of the groups. I want to get a SSA-E eventually but that’s down the road.
View Quote

yeah but in that vid posted above (I assume its the same upper), they got somewhat better groups but really not all that good, barely MOA.
Link Posted: 10/6/2023 6:05:08 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

View Quote

I’d put money on it being a schmid trigger.
Link Posted: 10/6/2023 6:12:08 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

yeah but in that vid posted above (I assume its the same upper), they got somewhat better groups but really not all that good, barely MOA.
View Quote

That video is with a clone correct Mk12 PRI upper, not a PSA gun
Link Posted: 10/6/2023 6:12:53 PM EDT
[#28]
Mk12s rule

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 10/6/2023 6:15:48 PM EDT
[#29]
let me know when they make it clone correct for real
Link Posted: 10/6/2023 6:17:47 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

And it was a follow up to an earlier video they did showing similar, if not worse, results from an older PRI (I think) upper and a BCM Mk12 upper.

I built a clone correct Mod 0 upper with a Douglas barrel and it was not that much more accurate than the one I shot today. Common denominator is me though so…
Link Posted: 10/6/2023 6:18:36 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
let me know when they make it clone correct for real
View Quote

PSA Cameron has stated it will never be clone correct. If you want that order a PRI or build your own.
Link Posted: 10/6/2023 6:20:29 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
In before the pedantic whingeing of the cloners.
View Quote

Go to the retro section.
Link Posted: 10/6/2023 6:21:40 PM EDT
[#33]
Real Deal or Nothing

Quoted:

PSA Cameron has stated it will never be clone correct. If you want that order a PRI or build your own.
View Quote

Link Posted: 10/6/2023 6:24:39 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
Too far?
View Quote

Too gay.
Link Posted: 10/6/2023 6:26:40 PM EDT
[#35]

Nice.  What sort of accuracy are you able to get w/ it and using what ammo?
Link Posted: 10/6/2023 6:28:11 PM EDT
[#36]
As an aside, if anyone wants to pitch in to buy me a can of Mk262, I won't say no.  Lol.

Hell I'll split a can with someone if you have enough good feedback. I just can't swing the whole can right now and God only knows when this will be available again.

Black Hills Ammunition MOD-1-C 5.56x45mm NATO 77 GR Sierra OTM Open Tipped Match 460 Round AMMO CAN - FREE SHIPPING! - $800
Link Posted: 10/6/2023 6:32:03 PM EDT
[#37]
Reload it yourself.  I worked up a clone of the BH mk262 and load it my self now.
Link Posted: 10/6/2023 6:33:30 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
Reload it yourself.  I worked up a clone of the BH mk262 and load it my self now.
View Quote

I don't have the equipment or time to do that right now.
Link Posted: 10/6/2023 6:33:36 PM EDT
[#39]
under .75 moa, match ammo, my handloads all shoot well. some a fad better then other but all
pretty good.
compass lake barrel
Ops inc old school can. Knights trigger, etc i have pics of targets but it will take all night to find them and upload them.

Quoted:

Nice.  What sort of accuracy are you able to get w/ it and using what ammo?
View Quote

Link Posted: 10/6/2023 6:49:05 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

Loadings I have to test:

View Quote

So it doesn't come close to my 20" 6.5G spitting amax's at the same distance. No Spank you.
Link Posted: 10/6/2023 6:52:10 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

So it doesn't come close to my 20" 6.5G spitting amax's at the same distance. No Spank you.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Loadings I have to test:

If I could get a Mk12 Mod 87 chambered in 6.5G or 6ARC I would be very happy. Of course I’d have to get my AEM5 opened up to the correct diameter.

I don’t think I’d be able to shoot much better with it though until I’m able to commit to a constant range schedule.

Link Posted: 10/6/2023 7:05:07 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

If I could get a Mk12 Mod 87 chambered in 6.5G or 6ARC I would be very happy. Of course I’d have to get my AEM5 opened up to the correct diameter.

I don’t think I’d be able to shoot much better with it though until I’m able to commit to a constant range schedule.

View Quote

I have a Mod 87 in 6.8 and a 6.5G spr barrel just waiting for a build.
Link Posted: 10/6/2023 7:27:11 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

Too gay.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Too far?

Too gay.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 10/6/2023 7:31:47 PM EDT
[#44]
Finally got my clone-correct MK12 in!

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 10/6/2023 8:39:59 PM EDT
[#45]

Finally, someone got it right
Link Posted: 10/6/2023 10:36:22 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

I beg to differ.

That front take down pin isn’t correct. Complete joke of a build.
Link Posted: 10/8/2023 4:11:27 AM EDT
[#47]
At least someone shot one. Its like everyone who bought one if these slid it under the bed and forgot about it. If you look on youtube there are some gay ass unboxing vids and one dude shooting a 16in version.
Link Posted: 10/8/2023 6:48:55 AM EDT
[#48]
I get better groups out of my gen 1 dpms 308 bull barrel with wolf steel case ammo.

Link Posted: 10/9/2023 3:41:07 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
I get better groups out of my gen 1 dpms 308 bull barrel with wolf steel case ammo.

View Quote

Congrats.
Link Posted: 10/9/2023 3:45:59 PM EDT
[#50]
Ok.  Today's my birthday so I took off and decided to spend three hours at the range testing 6 total loads.  The same three from Friday plus Norma 77, Hornady Frontier 75, and IMI's Mk262 Mod 1 clone.

Here's the set up. Prone, off a pack. Much more stable and I was much more confident of my position. Not nearly as many called bad shots as the first go around:

Through the scope while the can was cooling off between groups.  My eyes are fucked so the eye piece is set for my corrective lenses. Also, reticle pics are hard.:

After the last grouping while still on the board:

And with all the groups measured w/ my calipers:

All in all I think it performed better with a few sub-minute groups, but it's pretty obvious that myself, the upper, or both are not capable of MOA groups right now. I'm putting it more on myself because I'd have the makings of a good group, and then grow a round high or whatever. But, it is what it is.

As it is, I think it likes the Norma the best w/ AAC SMK a close second. The SMK's were grouping well and then I didn't give the can enough time to cool off and the groups opened up. All loadings did that.  The mirage was hell. It also absolutely fucking hates the AAC TMKs. I just could not get those things to group at all. Very interesting result because my DD 11.5 barrel on my home-build home-defense gun puts five rounds almost touching.

If anyone has a PRI, BCM, or built upper they want to compare this one to w/ similar ammo during a range session, let me know, I'll send it to you if you have enough positive feedback.

Anyways, there you fuckers go. I won't be able to get to the range again for a while. If anyone else has one of these uppers and wants to post their results to confirm mine or confirm how much I suck, feel free.
Page / 9
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top