Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 5
Posted: 3/8/2022 3:53:07 PM EDT
...if the US will go ahead and transfer them to Ukraine.

Poland Has Made Available All Its MiG-29 Jets For US To Transfer To Ukraine

In the latest major development in what's become a "huge operation" mounted by individual NATO member states to assist Ukraine's military, Poland has announced it is ready to transfer all of its Russian-made MIG-29 jets to the Rammstein Air Base in Germany.

A statement posted Tuesday to its Ministry of Foreign Affairs website indicated the jets will be placed "at the disposal of the Government of the United States of America" which in turn is expected to send them to Ukraine, after President Zelesnky has issued a series of urgent appeals for fighter planes.

"The authorities of the Republic of Poland, after consultations between the President and the Government, are ready to deploy – immediately and free of charge – all their MIG-29 jets to the Rammstein Air Base and place them at the disposal of the Government of the United States of America," it said.

View Quote

And here's where it gets sporty:

"Poland is not in a state of war with Russia, but it is not an impartial country, because it supports Ukraine as the victim of aggression. It considers, however, that all military matters must be a decision of Nato as a whole."
View Quote

Already many NATO nations have been supplying Ukraine with anti-tank and anti-air should fired missiles, but if a large-scale movement to get more fighter jets to Kiev gains momentum, this will certainly mark a huge escalation, and the Kremlin has recently warned it could attack such provocative military supplies coming from the West.

View Quote

Is this the straw that breaks the camel's back and causes Putin to widen the war to Poland and/or NATO?

Does he have the guts to call this enough to start World War III?
Link Posted: 3/8/2022 3:54:24 PM EDT
[#1]
Lets get the party started
Link Posted: 3/8/2022 3:57:08 PM EDT
[#2]
A war is nothing more than the transfer of massive quantities of wealth from one party to another.

Wars have always been fights for resources.  Money is the easiest resource to move around.
Link Posted: 3/8/2022 3:57:15 PM EDT
[#3]
Poland isn’t Ukraine. They will fuck the Russians up.
Link Posted: 3/8/2022 3:58:03 PM EDT
[#4]
Russia can sell them more Replacement Migs after this is over.
Link Posted: 3/8/2022 3:58:21 PM EDT
[#5]
Well Poland dropping them off at Ramstein with no backfill. Its up to US and UKRAINE to get them. Poland treading very lightly it seems
Link Posted: 3/8/2022 3:59:03 PM EDT
[#6]
How many Mig-29s?  Enough to matter or just a token gesture?
Link Posted: 3/8/2022 3:59:44 PM EDT
[#7]
No F35 sweeping the skies clean no care
Link Posted: 3/8/2022 3:59:58 PM EDT
[#8]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Well Poland dropping them off at Ramstein with no backfill. Its up to US and UKRAINE to get them. Poland treading very lightly it seems
View Quote

That was kind of my take.  Poland thought of a clever way to get NATO planes while it offloads Soviet Commie Trash Plane Garbage. (That last part is just me being snarky; I don't know if MiG's are quality planes or not. )
Link Posted: 3/8/2022 4:01:29 PM EDT
[#9]
It seems like the issue was Poland not wanting the rest of NATO,specifically Germany saying “not our problem,Article 5 doesn’t apply” if Poland gets hit due to delivering MiGs. Delivering them from German soil on a US base puts German and a American skin in the game.

Honestly,I have expected Putin to lash out at the nations who supported Ukraine,as he said he would. I most certainly do not want Russian missiles hitting my beautiful little city but the bastards have bombed it more than once in history and we absolutely had to stand with Ukraine against brutality.
Link Posted: 3/8/2022 4:01:30 PM EDT
[#10]
So technically, they are not giving them to Ukraine, they are giving them to us to give to Ukraine, right?
Link Posted: 3/8/2022 4:03:09 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
So technically, they are not giving them to Ukraine, they are giving them to us to give to Ukraine, right?
View Quote

Pretty much.  Poland is saying, "Hey, we've got these here Soviet fighters if'n youse guys want 'em.  But we want NATO planes in return, M'kay?"
Link Posted: 3/8/2022 4:03:14 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

That was kind of my take.  Poland thought of a clever way to get NATO planes while it offloads Soviet Commie Trash Plane Garbage. (That last part is just me being snarky; I don't know if MiG's are quality planes or not. )
View Quote

It doesn't really matter how "good" the MiG-29s are or aren't... the Ukrainian pilots and maintainers are already trained on them, so they're the only aircraft that could do them much good right now.

This is a good move for everyone (except the Russians... and fuck those guys anyway).
Link Posted: 3/8/2022 4:04:05 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
View Quote

Seems so.
Link Posted: 3/8/2022 4:16:02 PM EDT
[#14]
Any Phantoms still laying around, ready to fly?
Link Posted: 3/8/2022 4:22:16 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
View Quote
Turkey?
Link Posted: 3/8/2022 4:23:21 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
View Quote

How many MiG-29 poland has?
Poland has 21 single-seat MiG-29s and 6 twin-seat MiG-29s, according to Janes World Air Forces.18 hours ago
Link Posted: 3/8/2022 4:24:09 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
View Quote

You first
Link Posted: 3/8/2022 4:27:28 PM EDT
[#18]
Do they have pilots?
Link Posted: 3/8/2022 4:28:18 PM EDT
[#19]
Good. Russia needs to go home.
Link Posted: 3/8/2022 4:30:16 PM EDT
[#20]
Does Ukraine have a relatively safe airbase still open to refuel and rearm these?
Link Posted: 3/8/2022 4:30:20 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
View Quote

Ask Japan, their last and greatest version just retired a couple of years ago.  Bet it wouldn't take much to get em ready to fly again.
Link Posted: 3/8/2022 4:30:30 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Do they have pilots?
View Quote

I doubt they had very many more pilots than they had fighters at the start of the war.  Bet a good percent of them are KIA/MIA now.

Wonder if NATO volunteers will fly under Ukraine flag incognito.  Russia did it to us in Vietnam and Korea.
Link Posted: 3/8/2022 4:30:32 PM EDT
[#23]
Paint them all with Russian markings on all of them.  Install transponders so they know who is who. Have fun.
Link Posted: 3/8/2022 4:31:16 PM EDT
[#24]
Sky over Ukraine soon will get "interesting".
Link Posted: 3/8/2022 4:33:52 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Russia can sell them more Replacement Migs after this is over.
View Quote

Can they though?

Or will Poland continue to buy more F35s?
Link Posted: 3/8/2022 4:34:03 PM EDT
[#26]
Can't blame the Poles for being careful on this one.
Link Posted: 3/8/2022 4:34:07 PM EDT
[#27]
I’ll believe it when they’re actually operating in Ukrainian airspace.
Link Posted: 3/8/2022 4:35:27 PM EDT
[#28]
Hells yeah...
Link Posted: 3/8/2022 4:36:36 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

I doubt they had very many more pilots than they had fighters at the start of the war.  Bet a good percent of them are KIA/MIA now.

Wonder if NATO volunteers will fly under Ukraine flag incognito.  Russia did it to use in Vietnam and Korea.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Do they have pilots?

Wonder if NATO volunteers will fly under Ukraine flag incognito.  Russia did it to use in Vietnam and Korea.

Flying Tigers?  
Link Posted: 3/8/2022 4:37:02 PM EDT
[#30]
Link Posted: 3/8/2022 4:37:06 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
A war is nothing more than the transfer of massive quantities of wealth from one party to another.

Wars have always been fights for resources.  Money is the easiest resource to move around.
View Quote

It's a cartel war and we are the luciferian globalists led by Gates,Soros,Fauci,Obama,Clinton,Biden,Bush,Romney,
Bezos,Zuckerberg,Klaus Schwab, determined to destroy America and build back better...aka a globalist vassal state.

Putin is the other side of the same coin...build back better after you destroy what is...

The only way to win is not to play.
Link Posted: 3/8/2022 4:38:05 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
I bet the US chickens out
View Quote

Group buy on MiG's??
Link Posted: 3/8/2022 4:38:18 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
I’ll believe it when they’re actually operating in Ukrainian airspace.
View Quote

I get your cynicism, but hell, even if they never do get up and operational, a whole bunch of Russian pilots just read the headline and went, "FUUUUUUUUUUCKKK!"

Link Posted: 3/8/2022 4:38:39 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
View Quote

~29 jets
Link Posted: 3/8/2022 4:39:51 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
I bet the US chickens out
View Quote

I hope you are right.  I do not want the USA to have anymore role in this war than what we are currently doing.
Link Posted: 3/8/2022 4:39:55 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
Can't blame the Poles for being careful on this one.
View Quote

Smart for them to let Biden be in the Russians crosshairs...

He supposed to be traveling to Saudi and Venezuela to beg for oil from those who've already said NO!
Link Posted: 3/8/2022 4:40:01 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
I bet the US chickens out.

Not sure how long random whoever dudes are going to last against whatever air force and anti plane missiles or whatever Russia has.
View Quote

Poland could own the skies now with their F35s
Link Posted: 3/8/2022 4:40:16 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
I bet the US chickens out.

View Quote

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 3/8/2022 4:40:39 PM EDT
[#39]
Looks like winter 2022/2023 will be a nuclear winter.
Link Posted: 3/8/2022 4:40:49 PM EDT
[#40]
What kind of bull shit is that?  Poland trying to say we didn’t give Ukraine planes it was some one else?  Either way they still get F16s.

This is what it is….Putin isn’t going to give a shit he’ll see it as the Poles escalated things and so did everyone else involved.  It could actually make him deploy more destructive weapons.

Is what really matters is does he think Russia, and himself,  would survive a nuclear exchange with the US?
Link Posted: 3/8/2022 4:40:59 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

You first
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

You first

Exactly.

How many does the Russian Air Force shoot down and Putin escalate?

We should've been arming UKR 8 years ago.
Link Posted: 3/8/2022 4:41:36 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

It's a cartel war and we are the luciferian globalists led by Gates,Soros,Fauci,Obama,Clinton,Biden,Bush,Romney,
Bezos,Zuckerberg,Klaus Schwab, determined to destroy America and build back better...aka a globalist vassal state.

Putin is the other side of the same coin...build back better after you destroy what is...

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

With all due respect, get some help.
Link Posted: 3/8/2022 4:42:34 PM EDT
[#43]
And of course we’re paying for the Pole’s F16s?

Link Posted: 3/8/2022 4:42:55 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
No F35 sweeping the skies clean no care
View Quote

They are in the friendly skies already. If called on it would be easy.
Link Posted: 3/8/2022 4:43:00 PM EDT
[#45]
Let's NOT get this started.
Link Posted: 3/8/2022 4:43:38 PM EDT
[#46]
Link Posted: 3/8/2022 4:44:14 PM EDT
[#47]
Link Posted: 3/8/2022 4:44:41 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
View Quote

Poland is getting F-16's to backfill the 29's
Link Posted: 3/8/2022 4:44:52 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
Let's NOT get this started.
View Quote

I think that ship  has sailed.  Warring powers will always claim the other one started it first.  What's more important is who gets to finish it.

Pass the Iodine pills, please.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 3/8/2022 4:45:12 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
And of course we’re paying for the Pole’s F16s?

View Quote

I wouldn't be surprised.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 5
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top