BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 15
Link Posted: 4/7/2021 6:11:00 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Hopefully, this will be the EO that finally brings the country together.
View Quote

Why are you drinking?
Link Posted: 4/7/2021 6:13:31 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
So he's going to get the ATF to reclassify 80%s as firearms and braced pistols as SBRs?

Good thing there's no precedent for the ATF being directed by the executive branch to make arbitrary reclassifications.
View Quote

Yep...I told people, even though I did not own one of the aforementioned reclassified items....It was bigger than you could imagine, once the tables the tables were turned.

I do not own a brace either..So I could care less if the ones that lose them are the same ones that ignored the Bumpski ban..

Biden cannot do any real damage unilaterally.. I am not scared yet..But I am panicking,LOL

Link Posted: 4/7/2021 6:16:17 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

No,Trump wasn't the first Republican to fuck us over. He was the first to play up the 2nd Amendment and pander the shit out of us and form a 2nd Amendment Coalition headed by his pro gun son though.

I can't think of any other Republican on my lifetime that pushed the 2nd so hard.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Congress and constitution don’t matter? Go fuck yourself.

And fuck Trump too for the bump stock ban. Fuck all these politicians.

I just LOVE to read posts by the young and ignorant.

Trump WAS NOT the first president to tell the ATF to arbitrary classify some sort of firearm or accessory in a new manner.

When Clinton was in power, he instructed Lloyd Bentsen, then Sec. of the Treasury (in charge of ATF at the time), to reclassify the "Streetsweeper" shotgun and similar as Destructive Devices under the NFA.

In other words, this sort of dictatorial approach has been around for FAR longer than D. Trump.

No,Trump wasn't the first Republican to fuck us over. He was the first to play up the 2nd Amendment and pander the shit out of us and form a 2nd Amendment Coalition headed by his pro gun son though.

I can't think of any other Republican on my lifetime that pushed the 2nd so hard.

It does not make ANY difference if Trump kissed the 2A in the BOR.

The fact is, OTHER POTUS have done some snaky shit related to firearms rights, and blaming Trump for what Biden may do very shortly is imbecilic

Get over the Trump error.  It was stupid, and backstabbing, but in the long run, it means NOTHING to what will happen with Biden and his handlers.

Quit being stupid and trying to suggest that if Trump hadn't allowed the ban on bumpstocks, that what Biden might be planning to do would have been impossible.

Link Posted: 4/7/2021 6:16:28 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Lol, gun control isn't about stopping crime, just like it isn't about saving lives, the children, or any other nonsense.

It's about saving lives. Politicians lives. They can't go 100%commie send them to the gulags until they get our guns.

They don't even fear being voted out, and some of you think they are worried about the guns?

https://www.lewrockwell.com/2004/10/jeff-snyder/walter-mittys-second-amendment/

A snippet:

In that fruitful land, the state took about 50 percent of everything the people earned through numerous forms of taxation, up from about 25 percent only a generation earlier. However, this boastful people, who believed themselves to be the freest on earth, retained the right to keep and bear arms. Tens of millions of them possessed firearms – just in case their government became tyrannical and enslaved them.

In that land, an astronomical number of regulations, filling more than 96,000 pages in the government’s “code of regulations,” were promulgated by persons who were not elected by the people. The regulators often developed close relationships with the businesses they regulated, and work in “agencies” that had the power both to make law – and to enforce it.

The agencies were not established by the government’s constitution, and their existence violated that instrument’s principle of separation of powers. Yet the people retained the right to keep and bear arms. Just in case their government, some day, ceased to be a “government of the people.”
Link Posted: 4/7/2021 6:16:47 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Executive Action or Executive Order?

Executive Actions Versus Executive Orders
Executive actions are any informal proposals or moves by the president. The term executive action itself is vague and can be used to describe almost anything the president calls on Congress or his administration to do. But many executive actions carry no legal weight. Those that do actually set policy can be invalidated by the courts or undone by legislation passed by Congress.

The terms executive action and executive order are not interchangeable. Executive orders are legally binding and published in the Federal Register, though they also can be reversed by the courts and Congress.

A good way to think of executive actions is a wish list of policies the president would like to see enacted.

Link
View Quote

Exactly..Nothing to really see here yet..As long as the Filibuster remains intact..And it will Nothing to get upset about.
Link Posted: 4/7/2021 6:17:37 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Executive Action or Executive Order?

Executive Actions Versus Executive Orders
Executive actions are any informal proposals or moves by the president. The term executive action itself is vague and can be used to describe almost anything the president calls on Congress or his administration to do. But many executive actions carry no legal weight. Those that do actually set policy can be invalidated by the courts or undone by legislation passed by Congress.

The terms executive action and executive order are not interchangeable. Executive orders are legally binding and published in the Federal Register, though they also can be reversed by the courts and Congress.

A good way to think of executive actions is a wish list of policies the president would like to see enacted.

Link
View Quote

Yup, this looks like "Actions".  
We will see what tomorrow brings...but for now, it appears to be virtue signaling.
Still, we don't want him telling the DOJ to "re-interpret" the law.

Link Posted: 4/7/2021 6:22:52 PM EDT
[#7]
Fuck him!! I’m not complying!  Buckle up folks.
Link Posted: 4/7/2021 6:23:15 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

The fact is, OTHER POTUS have done some snaky shit related to firearms rights, and blaming Trump for what Biden may do very shortly is imbecilic

Get over the Trump error.  It was stupid, and backstabbing, but in the long run, it means NOTHING to what will happen with Biden and his handlers.

Quit being stupid and trying to suggest that if Trump hadn't allowed the ban on bumpstocks, that what Biden might be planning to do would have been impossible.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Trump WAS NOT the first president to tell the ATF to arbitrary classify some sort of firearm or accessory in a new manner.

When Clinton was in power, he instructed Lloyd Bentsen, then Sec. of the Treasury (in charge of ATF at the time), to reclassify the "Streetsweeper" shotgun and similar as Destructive Devices under the NFA.

In other words, this sort of dictatorial approach has been around for FAR longer than D. Trump.

You don't see the hypocrisy?

Trump made himself out to be the 2nd coming on the 2nd, and when he fucked us over (500K+ gun owners), anyone bitching about it got dogpiled. But now biden pulling the same shit is somehow different.

biden is a piece of shit that didn't run on doing great things for the 2nd, and having a 2nd Amendment Coalition to advise him either.
Link Posted: 4/7/2021 6:28:10 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
"Concealable assault-style firearms" - defined

Four House Democrats sent a letter to President Biden asking him to take executive action to regulate concealable assault-style firearms, like the weapon used in the recent shooting in Boulder, Colorado, which killed 10 people...
"Concealable assault-style firearms that fire rifle rounds pose an unreasonable threat to our communities and should be fully regulated under the National Firearms Act consistent with the intent and history of the law. The recent tragedy in Boulder, Colorado where 10 people including a police officer were killed is one in a string of deadly incidents involving this style of weapon," the letter to Mr. Biden said.
https://www.cbsnews.com/news/biden-gun-control-executive-action-house-democrats/
View Quote

Cracks me up.
Is there a legal definition of rifle round vs handgun round?

Link Posted: 4/7/2021 6:31:14 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Who will make the most of my money in fighting this shit?  Pretty sure it is NOT the NRA.  I've donated to Firearms Policy Coalition, but I'm pretty tired of them EVERY FUCKING DAY asking for more money with their hair-on-fire, hysterical emails.

Who shall get my FJB money?

Rob
View Quote

Send it to me and I will assure everything turns out just fine for you,LOL
Link Posted: 4/7/2021 6:36:25 PM EDT
[#11]
Is my mini 14 with a folding stock about to make me rich?
Link Posted: 4/7/2021 6:37:04 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
I read this while pooping.
View Quote

HA!  So did I! It’s right where it belongs.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 4/7/2021 6:40:39 PM EDT
[#13]
would it generally be frowned upon if i said Biden can lick the sweat off my ballbag after a hard day of work in an abnormally hot July?
Link Posted: 4/7/2021 6:50:45 PM EDT
[#14]
I remember when Obama came out with 12 or so Executive Actions on gun control, and they were all feel good nonsense. Nothing was banned. We’ll see what happens tomorrow.
Link Posted: 4/7/2021 7:00:15 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
What gun violence? The violence that happens in Chicago by gang bangers or the non violence by the majority of gun owners, or the violence that the alphabet agencies set up?
View Quote
It is said that the FBI is most effective at solving crimes that its agents instigated.

Does that seem odd?
Link Posted: 4/7/2021 7:01:38 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

Take as many scary words as you can think of, roll them all up into one phrase, and pretend it means something as you convince people to clamor for their liberty to be taken away.
View Quote
Sadly ............. this.
Link Posted: 4/7/2021 7:02:31 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

Trump made himself out to be the 2nd coming on the 2nd, and when he fucked us over (500K+ gun owners), anyone bitching about it got dogpiled. But now biden pulling the same shit is somehow different.

biden is a piece of shit that didn't run on doing great things for the 2nd, and having a 2nd Amendment Coalition to advise him either.
View Quote

I don't care WHAT Trump did now.  It's ancient history.  And only a moron would focus on what Trump did and suggest that it lays the ground work for what Biden will do.  

We need to keep our eye on the ball, so to speak.   Hand wringing over what Trump did is an exercise in mental masturbation,.
Link Posted: 4/7/2021 7:04:01 PM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 4/7/2021 7:04:28 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
See sig line.
View Quote
"Abide" and "abide by" are two different things.

Not sure what you mean here.

Link Posted: 4/7/2021 7:14:15 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
View Quote

It might, mini14s bring big bucks now. I sold a plain, wood stocked pre 2005 ranch rifle on gunbroker a couple of months ago for $1,250.

ETA: To the OP and others, please do not refer to dick breath biden as "President" .They stole the election and he does not deserve it.
Link Posted: 4/7/2021 7:17:42 PM EDT
[#21]
Gun control will be the thing to destroy the Republican party once and for all.

Once the 2A is completely irrelevant, there will no longer be ANY reason to vote R.

Good. They did it to themselves. And every single cunt R president in my lifetime could have easily dis what pedo joe did and repealed the EOs before them.

None did.
Not a single one.
Fuck the Republican party.
Link Posted: 4/7/2021 7:20:59 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

HA!  So did I! It’s right where it belongs.

/media/mediaFiles/sharedAlbum/nod-3.gif
View Quote

Same.
Link Posted: 4/7/2021 7:22:03 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I don’t remember very many people at all on arfcom who thought that Trump’s folly on bumpstocks and red flag laws was anything other than awful. The few that were indifferent were chastised and in large part chased out (or got themselves banned). This idea that Trump was given a pass on his 2A shortcomings by people in this site is pretty baseless, IMO, to the point of being a strawman.

Of course people advocated for his re-election despite his failures to protect or advance the second amendment, because his challenger was the man who is pressing the very crackdowns this thread is about.

To wit, I’m not sure what your point is in posting the same thing for 8 pages now. It’s not particularly useful.
Link Posted: 4/7/2021 7:26:18 PM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 4/7/2021 7:26:20 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
View Quote

Ba-ba-da-da, da-da, dah...

Link Posted: 4/7/2021 7:28:42 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
How does the atf force background checks for 80% receivers? Redefine what a receiver is?

Reclassifying AR and AK pistols as something else, sbrs maybe, sounds like usual BATF bump stock style shenanigans.

I don't know how he adds DV convictions into prohibited persons through an EO

Safe storage sounds like a non starter
View Quote

Hasn't this already been a thing for years?
Link Posted: 4/7/2021 7:28:46 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

To wit, I'm not sure what your point is in posting the same thing for 8 pages now. It's not particularly useful.
View Quote

The only thing we learned in this thread: @Thorazine pooped.
Link Posted: 4/7/2021 7:31:59 PM EDT
[#28]
$1,250, for reals?  I’m a thousandaire
Link Posted: 4/7/2021 7:34:56 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
How does the atf force background checks for 80% receivers? Redefine what a receiver is?

Reclassifying AR and AK pistols as something else, sbrs maybe, sounds like usual BATF bump stock style shenanigans.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

https://www.politico.com/news/2021/04/07/biden-executive-actions-guns-479704

Biden will direct the administration to begin the process of requiring buyers of so-called ghost guns  homemade or makeshift firearms that lack serial numbers  to undergo background checks, according to three people who have spoken to the White House about the plans. He is expected to be joined at the event by Attorney General Merrick Garland.

Other executive actions remain unclear. But stakeholders have speculated that the president could announce regulations on concealed assault-style firearms; prohibitions on firearm purchases for those convicted of domestic violence against their partners; and federal guidance on home storage safety measures.

More than 100 House Democrats wrote to Biden last week, urging him to take action on the concealed assault-style firearms, which is similar to the one used in the Colorado shooting in which 10 people were killed.

One other announcement Biden could make on Thursday is the introduction of his nominee to be the director of the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives, who will play a key role in any executive branch action on guns. His nominee could be tough to get through a Senate split 50-50 between Republicans and Democrats. The ATF has had mostly acting directors since the position became Senate-confirmed. Todd Jones was confirmed as ATF director in 2013 after a years-long stint as acting director.

DV convictions already make you a prohibited person. Laughtenberg Amendment.
Link Posted: 4/7/2021 7:35:22 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
I suspect that after tomorrow a million braces will hit part boxes all across the land....Any guesses as to what they will be replaced with and how many shits will be given when they are?  
View Quote

I have 5 B5 Bravo stocks just Begging to come out of the closet
Link Posted: 4/7/2021 7:39:57 PM EDT
[#31]
Fuck that!  This clown needs to eat a covid infested bag of cocks!  This country is doomed, hopefully folks will start waking up!
Link Posted: 4/7/2021 7:42:18 PM EDT
[#32]
Double tap
Link Posted: 4/7/2021 7:49:54 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

A recent Full Court of Appeals threw out the ATF’s reclassification of bumpstocks as machine guns, so yes there is recourse.
View Quote

Can you go buy one today without an SOT and a LE Letter ????

Link Posted: 4/7/2021 7:57:29 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

A recent Full Court of Appeals threw out the ATF’s reclassification of bumpstocks as machine guns, so yes there is recourse.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Nobody is changing law....or US Code......they don't have to ......

The law allows the USDOJ to interpret what constitutes an NFA firearm ....no legislation required, or recourse for that matter

Great news.  Can you post a link where I can buy one today?
Link Posted: 4/7/2021 7:58:40 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

I don’t remember very many people at all on arfcom who thought that Trump’s folly on bumpstocks and red flag laws was anything other than awful. The few that were indifferent were chastised and in large part chased out (or got themselves banned). This idea that Trump was given a pass on his 2A shortcomings by people in this site is pretty baseless, IMO, to the point of being a strawman.

Of course people advocated for his re-election despite his failures to protect or advance the second amendment, because his challenger was the man who is pressing the very crackdowns this thread is about.

To wit, I’m not sure what your point is in posting the same thing for 8 pages now. It’s not particularly useful.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I think you missed a lot of discussions then. Anyone who pointed out Trump's colossal 2a fuckups were repeatedly shouted down by the 4d chess crowd.
Link Posted: 4/7/2021 8:05:01 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

I think you missed a lot of discussions then. Anyone who pointed out Trump's colossal 2a fuckups were repeatedly shouted down by the 4d chess crowd.
View Quote

Yup...
Link Posted: 4/7/2021 8:11:45 PM EDT
[#37]
so, after tomorrow, no more sales of 80% lowers?  AR-15 80% lowers, AR-10 80% lowers, Glock clone 80% kits?  Jigs?

if so, the vendors must be unloading like crazy, all inventory has got to go.
Link Posted: 4/7/2021 8:14:09 PM EDT
[#38]
Laughs in CNC machining... good luck banning “ghost” shit

Link Posted: 4/7/2021 8:17:17 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

Or more properly, restructured for the purpose for which it was created.  It's a tax collection agency, originally chartered to collect federal excise taxes on alcohol, then tobacco, then firearms, then explosives.  At its core, it still is.  Taxing that shit has never been illegal, much less unconstitutional, but they've just morphed over time into something they were never intended to be, and like most federal agencies its ate up with counter-productive political animals and incompetent leadership and people with badges for the wrong damned reasons.
View Quote

Taxing gun ownership: ok

Taxes on voting: not ok

Link Posted: 4/7/2021 8:18:37 PM EDT
[#40]
Biden in 2013: The problem is not assault weapons, but Glocks and magazines.  

Link Posted: 4/7/2021 8:34:38 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
so, after tomorrow, no more sales of 80% lowers?  AR-15 80% lowers, AR-10 80% lowers, Glock clone 80% kits?  Jigs?

if so, the vendors must be unloading like crazy, all inventory has got to go.
View Quote

No....it can't be done immediately with an EO.....

This takes weeks/months
Link Posted: 4/7/2021 8:35:27 PM EDT
[#42]
It's official, they're coming for braces.

May as well buy some stocks. In for a penny, in for a pound.
Link Posted: 4/7/2021 8:42:10 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

View Quote

I must have. It pissed me off back then too. Hearing him say “...due process later” on the radio on the drive home from work was a gut-wrencher
Link Posted: 4/7/2021 8:50:35 PM EDT
[#44]
IIRC isn't Biden's ATF nominee a former Gabby Gifford's gun control org??? He will be worse then Biden.
Link Posted: 4/7/2021 8:57:13 PM EDT
[#45]
https://thehill.com/homenews/administration/547058-biden-to-announce-executive-action-on-ghost-guns-red-flag-laws

The DOJ within 30 days will issue a proposed rule to help stop the proliferation of ghost guns. Ghost guns are untraceable when they turn up at crime scenes because they don’t have serial numbers.

Within 60 days, the DOJ will publish model red flag legislation for states. Red flag laws would allow police or family members to petition courts to temporarily remove firearms from people in crisis.

The DOJ, also within 60 days, will issue a proposed rule to make clear that when a stabilizing device effectively turns a pistol into a short barreled rifle, that firearm is subject to the requirement of the National Firearms Act. The alleged shooter in Boulder used a pistol with an arm brace, which makes a firearm more stable and accurate.
View Quote
Link Posted: 4/7/2021 8:57:42 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

View Quote

Your first one is easy.

They act as if each and every "80%" seller or maker were making/selling actual firearms.   Basically, they use the Federal government as a hammer to maliciously prosecute them until they stop.   Pretty standard for the ATF.

Someone makes one that's even less finished than the ones currently being sold.  It flies under the radar for a little while.  Then the ATF goes after that one, too.     Rinse and repeat in ever increasing amounts until the ATF is treating 0% forgings plus literally any amount of work as firearms.
Link Posted: 4/7/2021 8:59:50 PM EDT
[#47]
Is 22lr a rifle round? LONG Riffffflllllleeee?

.22 pistols banned?
Link Posted: 4/7/2021 9:01:06 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
Is 22lr a rifle round? LONG Riffffflllllleeee?

.22 pistols banned?
View Quote

lol

Back when Walmart would ask me if it was for a rifle or pistol, I would always just say "Machine gun."

Lady would roll her eyes and just continue the sale.
Link Posted: 4/7/2021 9:05:11 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

Your first one is easy.

They act as if each and every "80%" seller or maker were making/selling actual firearms.   Basically, they use the Federal government as a hammer to maliciously prosecute them until they stop.   Pretty standard for the ATF.

Someone makes one that's even less finished than the ones currently being sold.  It flies under the radar for a little while.  Then the ATF goes after that one, too.     Rinse and repeat in ever increasing amounts until the ATF is treating 0% forgings plus literally any amount of work as firearms.
View Quote

Even easier is to define more parts as a "firearm" like upper receivers, bolts and barrels and require they be serialized.
Link Posted: 4/7/2021 9:06:54 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

lol

Back when Walmart would ask me if it was for a rifle or pistol, I would always just say "Machine gun."

Lady would roll her eyes and just continue the sale.
View Quote

Ruger Bearcat. Assault pistol of war.
Page / 15
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top