BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 14
Link Posted: 9/5/2023 6:50:58 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
The far more interesting development is the super tiny warheads on D5s.  Like 5kt.

I can't understand the use case.  Seems like anything worth nuking with an SLBM is worth nuking big.  Or at least not worth developing a new warhead for.

Any hostile SLBM launch would be extremely provocative, So it would seem like an all or nothing type of situation.
View Quote

You have to quadruple the yield to double the effect. (rough approximation)  It is not a linear effect. a 10kt nuke doesn't do twice the damage of a 5kt one. You can do far more damage by using more warheads in a dispersed pattern that reinforces their effects, makes it more than the sum of the individual warheads.
Link Posted: 9/5/2023 6:52:04 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

I like semi trailers more. about 500 scattered on the interstate system. plain white trailers refer and dry van. change tractors now and then and switch routes.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

A rail based system, some tunnels, some improved MIRVs and improved reliability and accuracy. If I were king that’s what I’d push for.

I like semi trailers more. about 500 scattered on the interstate system. plain white trailers refer and dry van. change tractors now and then and switch routes.

What's your plan for Grand Army of the Repaublic highway?
Link Posted: 9/5/2023 6:53:25 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

I have a manual can opener. I'll be Just. Fine.  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Everything I have read about a nuclear exchange says the ones killed first are the lucky ones.

Two words:  Toilet Paper.  You can never have too much.

I'd add in chocolate, cigarettes, whiskey, and feminine hygiene products too if you're wanting to collect a Helpless Suburban Housewives Harem.
Link Posted: 9/5/2023 6:55:28 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

And their missiles can target whatever they want and we can’t stop it. Hence the MAD doctrine. If you respond to a single nuclear event with an all out nuclear response then you assure yourself of being on the receiving end of one.

A single nuclear event would likely be responded to with either a large conventional response or a single nuclear response. Certainly not an all out one. Jesus, I’m glad our planners are more sane than that. This isn’t an 80s movie with a thousand warheads coming down.
View Quote

Except, if I recall correctly, their "football" sees one launch as the same as a total launch - which is why they almost launched everything when the Swedes or the Norwegians launched a sounding rocket the Russians weren't expecting.
Link Posted: 9/5/2023 6:56:27 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

You don’t think a toilet seat costs $1000 do you?
View Quote

I work for the ACE tomato company.

I think I'll have a Pepsi....
Link Posted: 9/5/2023 6:59:00 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

I'd add in chocolate, cigarettes, whiskey, and feminine hygiene products too if you're wanting to collect a Helpless Suburban Housewives Harem.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Everything I have read about a nuclear exchange says the ones killed first are the lucky ones.

I sleep on a bed if cigarettes, sit on a trone if chocolate, am so overstocked on tampons I use them in nerf wars, and have a waterfall of whiskey in my back yard.
Link Posted: 9/5/2023 7:00:41 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

A rail based system, some tunnels, some improved MIRVs and improved reliability and accuracy. If I were king that’s what I’d push for.

The question is, could you disguise it enough so it doesn’t scream camouflaged missile launcher? I mean you can run 53’ four axle trailers with four axle trucks for 105500, but what would a missile and launcher weigh? Then what about support personal?
Link Posted: 9/5/2023 7:02:20 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Will they be able to wake up Joe or get him off the beach to allow a launch?
View Quote

You want to wake Joe up just yell the Aliens are here with their 10% payment.
Link Posted: 9/5/2023 7:13:03 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

MAD is dead. (Mostly their) Ballistic is dead. How does that change your calculus?
View Quote

All I can say is WWIV will be fought with sticks and stones. I intend to keep my sticks sharp. I also know America will survive somehow. There are always survivors. Whatever is left of Russia, China can have for all I care. I don't buy into the gloom and doom.
Link Posted: 9/5/2023 7:53:53 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Remember, the timeframe nuclear winter was being pushed was also the same timeframe the .gov was pushing hole in the ozone and acid rain.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I am also in the nuclear winter is an overblown threat. Camp.

That said I really wouldn't rule out the possibility that Russia has or is working on some of those salted doomsday devices. I think the North Koreans might try to make one as well. But they have some resource constraints.

Remember, the timeframe nuclear winter was being pushed was also the same timeframe the .gov was pushing hole in the ozone and acid rain.

And global cooling. IMO, nuclear winter is a seemingly logical theory, but we don't have the intellect or data to really know. Shit it seems a better theory than the climate change nonsense.

Nuclear discussion always reminds me that we should have nuked Riyadh on 9/12/2001. Then Kandahar City a few weeks later if they still wanted some. Then nuke some whales in the Pacific, as a message to the hippies.
Link Posted: 9/5/2023 7:58:13 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

And global cooling. IMO, nuclear winter is a seemingly logical theory, but we don't have the intellect or data to really know. Shit it seems a better theory than the climate change nonsense.

Nuclear discussion always reminds me that we should have nuked Riyadh on 9/12/2001. Then Kandahar City a few weeks later if they still wanted some. Then nuke some whales in the Pacific, as a message to the hippies.
View Quote

I tend to agree it seems logical
Link Posted: 9/5/2023 7:59:09 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 9/5/2023 8:00:25 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

Low pressure, preferably a vacuum.
View Quote

That's what our space force is for.   To reset the vacuum from suck to blow.
Link Posted: 9/5/2023 8:03:43 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

SLBM depressed trajectory shot at perimeter.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Let the interceptors do their thing then call up Putin and laugh maniacally and then hang up.

For the sake of this exercise let’s pretend the decoys and maneuvers worked.

SLBM depressed trajectory shot at perimeter.

Perimeter is more than that one rocket with a transmitter.  Assuming they still have it working.  Given Russian "prowess" with all things mechanical and intricate the last thirty years, the damned thing might have scared them more than us.  Why not though, right?

Oh, and kill every site Putin might be with an EPW, while trying to minimize collateral damage.  Inform Oligarch #2 that he'll be the boss, and rich beyond the dreams of Croesus, but he needs to deliver proof of NCA decapitation.

This is assuming the idiot actually detonated a nuke on US soil.  Of course, who can predict what the diversity hires in .Gov will do under that stress these days?
Link Posted: 9/5/2023 8:08:54 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

What could cause water to boil at sea level without heat?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I assume it has some type of brain probe deal like in the Matrix....I just need to think what I want it to do. I mean the greys have always been kinda proby.  Plus it must have some type of isolation field for the pilot cause those damn things pull some Gs.

A localized vacuum.  A field that suppresses hydrogen bonding.  "Things that start with the symbol, '$'".
Link Posted: 9/5/2023 8:12:17 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

View Quote

Islamabad.  (Man, do I miss @outofbattery.)  Getting us pissed enough to nuke Riyadh was the point.  

Though they definitely needed to have a '37 Purge in the KSA Foreign Ministry for the soft peddling of those shitheads they did.
Link Posted: 9/5/2023 8:18:30 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

Would there be an African left to notice (once you hashed out the starvation)?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Disagree.  @Limaxray's shown the math.  Africa---once you hashed out the massive starvation---likely wouldn't notice.  Fallout would have a challenge crossing the Equator.

We just don't have that many bombs anymore.  Gigantic salted doomsday devices excepted, if anyone has one.

Would there be an African left to notice (once you hashed out the starvation)?

Dunno.  I'd think likely, but Borlaug didn't get that Nobel for nothing.  Though the removal of Western agricultural soil inputs for African domestic farming would be bad enough, never mind the Great Land of Cargo ceasing shipments.  It's a big continent.  Not everyone would die.  

The Kinshasas and Lagos's would definitely get their hair mussed though.
Link Posted: 9/5/2023 8:49:33 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

Getting us pissed enough to nuke Riyadh was the point.  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Getting us pissed enough to nuke Riyadh was the point.  

Give the people what they want.
Link Posted: 9/5/2023 11:33:06 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

Again the whole idea is to not be predictable. The president has the flexibility to respond as he pleases. If Putin knows the response and views it acceptable loss, you kill the element of deterrence. You want him to consider all the possibilities. To be predictable is to be no deterrence at all. By your thinking, why not trade a list of targets and let him pick our response so he doesn't get butt hurt.
View Quote

Isn’t that exactly what the President is doing now with Russia????  He doesn’t want to upset Putin so he slow rolls everything into Ukraine and puts limits on what Ukraine can do with the assets he gives them?
Link Posted: 9/5/2023 11:38:44 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I am also in the nuclear winter is an overblown threat. Camp.

That said I really wouldn't rule out the possibility that Russia has or is working on some of those salted doomsday devices. I think the North Koreans might try to make one as well. But they have some resource constraints.

Bet post in the thread, I absolutely agree with this.
Link Posted: 9/6/2023 12:09:06 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

And atmospheric pressure is a function of what?
Link Posted: 9/6/2023 1:07:43 AM EDT
[#22]
Nuclear war is the 'inevitable' conclusion of the Ukrainian invasion, warns Russian general who wrote the nation's 'war bible'

Retired Major General Alexander Vladimirov, who penned Russia's three volume book called the 'General Theory of War'.

'For the transition to the use of weapons of mass destruction, only one thing is needed - a political decision by the Supreme Commander-in-Chief [Vladimir Putin],' the veteran commander warned in an interview with journalist Vladislav Shurygin.

'The goals of Russia and the goals of the West are their survival and historical eternity.

'And this means that in the name of this, all means of armed struggle available to them will be used, including such a tool as their nuclear weapons.'

He warned: 'I am sure that nuclear weapons will be used in this war - inevitably, and from this neither we nor the enemy have anywhere to go.

'The sooner our politicians and leadership realize this, the sooner we start to train troops and the population for this - the more chances we will have for survival, which means victory.'

In Vladimirov's 2013 book, the retired Major General argues that there has been a transition from the traditional theory of war - where there was a distinction between peace and war - to a permanent state of war which is characterized by constant fear and insecurity.

During his interview, Vladimirov, 78, said training of troops was vital so they have the 'ability to wage war under the conditions of the use of weapons of mass destruction'.

His book has key lessons for Russians, he said.

'If you want peace - fight until you win,' he said. 'If you want a long and strong peace, bury the hatchet on the territory of the enemy along with him.

'So, we need to be prepared. Prepare the Army, the State, the Economy and the population of the country.'

Link
Link Posted: 9/6/2023 9:07:34 AM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 9/6/2023 9:08:32 AM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 9/6/2023 10:02:57 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

Days since Russia threatened nuclear annihilation: 1 0
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Nuclear war is the 'inevitable' conclusion of the Ukrainian invasion, warns Russian general who wrote the nation's 'war bible'

https://i.dailymail.co.uk/1s/2023/09/05/11/75073723-12482085-image-m-36_1693910523611.jpg

Retired Major General Alexander Vladimirov, who penned Russia's three volume book called the 'General Theory of War'.

'For the transition to the use of weapons of mass destruction, only one thing is needed - a political decision by the Supreme Commander-in-Chief [Vladimir Putin],' the veteran commander warned in an interview with journalist Vladislav Shurygin.

'The goals of Russia and the goals of the West are their survival and historical eternity.

'And this means that in the name of this, all means of armed struggle available to them will be used, including such a tool as their nuclear weapons.'

He warned: 'I am sure that nuclear weapons will be used in this war - inevitably, and from this neither we nor the enemy have anywhere to go.

'The sooner our politicians and leadership realize this, the sooner we start to train troops and the population for this - the more chances we will have for survival, which means victory.'

In Vladimirov's 2013 book, the retired Major General argues that there has been a transition from the traditional theory of war - where there was a distinction between peace and war - to a permanent state of war which is characterized by constant fear and insecurity.

During his interview, Vladimirov, 78, said training of troops was vital so they have the 'ability to wage war under the conditions of the use of weapons of mass destruction'.

'If you want peace - fight until you win,' he said. 'If you want a long and strong peace, bury the hatchet on the territory of the enemy along with him.

'So, we need to be prepared. Prepare the Army, the State, the Economy and the population of the country.'

Link

Days since Russia threatened nuclear annihilation: 1 0

The real question is, how much of this is simply saber rattling verse hollow threats like usual or are they one and the same? One has to wonder if Putin won’t just say screw it, we warned them. The Russians have long been making threats to the point the bet is which time will it happen?  With China they are to much of an unknown, they like the Russians do see our weak White House and if there is a time it’s before January 2025 I would think. Disclaimer, unless they know something we don’t, they did see how our last elections went.
Link Posted: 9/6/2023 10:46:05 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

Well, they could name it "RS-28 Sarmat" like the Russians, and voila!
View Quote
Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 9/6/2023 10:48:53 AM EDT
[#27]
Link Posted: 9/6/2023 11:22:52 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

Putin isn't stupid. This is all bluster.
View Quote

We're stupid. The Russians are insane. This is what they want.

I'm fine with helping Ukraine defend their borders from a potential genocide. What I cannot understand is why no one is pushing them to the negotiation table.

If there's one thing about this that makes no sense, it's that.
Link Posted: 9/6/2023 11:27:19 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

There are ways of detecting nuclear materials, even in a bomb.
View Quote
Yup,
Crossing the border from Canada several years ago.
1st time they detected radioactive seeds used for a friends prostate cancer treatment.
2nd time an old WW2 compass
Link Posted: 9/6/2023 11:37:28 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

https://i.dailymail.co.uk/1s/2023/09/05/11/75073723-12482085-image-m-36_1693910523611.jpg

Link
View Quote

Anyone else getting a Blazing Saddles vibe from Vladimirov's comments?
Link Posted: 9/6/2023 11:39:26 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

I'm not a climatologist, so I'm not sure how low/high pressure systems are formed in the atmosphere. Otherwise, the ideal gas law (PV = nRT) says it's either volume or temperature - but you stipulated no heating is going on.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'm not a climatologist, so I'm not sure how low/high pressure systems are formed in the atmosphere. Otherwise, the ideal gas law (PV = nRT) says it's either volume or temperature - but you stipulated no heating is going on.

He means antigravity.  Which, again, if we had it, would be literal magic. Every resource we're currently in pissing matches over, would be trivially available if we could make anti-gravity.  You could terraform Venus.  Etc...
Link Posted: 9/6/2023 11:53:45 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

He means antigravity.  Which, again, if we had it, would be literal magic. Every resource we're currently in pissing matches over, would be trivially available if we could make anti-gravity.  You could terraform Venus.  Etc...
View Quote
Just watched a podcast...modern wisdom maybe? With Eric Weinstein and he went on for a good while about how the physics scientific community has spent 70 years essentially in a circle jerk over string theory and it has yielded nothing.  We need to look at different physics in order to solve modern problems. (also, Epstein was an intelligence op)

The thing that struck me was how he was convinced that humanity was essentially doomed on this planet, too many people, nukes, wars, climate, AI etc. etc....and he was equally convinced that leaving this planet was the solution.   Yet seemed totally blind to the fact that this planet isn't the cause of any of the doom.   If we leave and go to Mars or Venus or whatever we will be taking all the same flaws and fatal errors with us.  He blamed the physics community specifically for essentially assisting man kind in fucking itself up, then in the next breath advocated for the physics community to be the life raft for humanity going forward.   Like we've learned our lesson now or something.

If history is any guide, we'll make huge scientific leaps and discoveries and use them to make bad decisions.  It's not a physics problem, it's a people problem.  

There is a good chance we've already made these discoveries and the bad decisions have already been made.  The tic tacs might be ours and the steady rumble of alien stuff in the news is just flooding the landscape with disinformation to cover it.

It's a 3 hour podcast but interesting, took me a couple days to get through it.
Link Posted: 9/6/2023 3:28:31 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
Let’s do this
View Quote

if it has to be done twere best done quickly.
rip the bandaid off.

I just wish Missouri still had its 150. of course Whiteman will be carpet nuked for sure and with the shit stored there being vaporized st Louis will glow for 10000 years along with indy and Columbus.
Link Posted: 9/6/2023 3:32:14 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

The real question is, how much of this is simply saber rattling verse hollow threats like usual or are they one and the same? One has to wonder if Putin won't just say screw it, we warned them. The Russians have long been making threats to the point the bet is which time will it happen?  With China they are to much of an unknown, they like the Russians do see our weak White House and if there is a time it's before January 2025 I would think. Disclaimer, unless they know something we don't, they did see how our last elections went.

That's my take, he knows what's coming if he does.
Link Posted: 9/6/2023 3:34:35 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

/media/mediaFiles/sharedAlbum/hes_right_you_know-328.jpg

I'm calling total BS on a bomb destroying Texas or England
View Quote

tsar Bomba was upper 50 megaton with a inert 3rd stage. wouldn't be hard to get that over 100 and if that hit dfw the effects would definitely alter Houston Austin and maybe San Antonio. that's if they go single big warhead. 10 or 15 single megaton
warheads could take out every sizeable texas city.
Link Posted: 9/6/2023 3:38:45 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
Just watched a podcast...modern wisdom maybe? With Eric Weinstein and he went on for a good while about how the physics scientific community has spent 70 years essentially in a circle jerk over string theory and it has yielded nothing.  We need to look at different physics in order to solve modern problems. (also, Epstein was an intelligence op)

The thing that struck me was how he was convinced that humanity was essentially doomed on this planet, too many people, nukes, wars, climate, AI etc. etc....and he was equally convinced that leaving this planet was the solution.   Yet seemed totally blind to the fact that this planet isn't the cause of any of the doom.   If we leave and go to Mars or Venus or whatever we will be taking all the same flaws and fatal errors with us.  He blamed the physics community specifically for essentially assisting man kind in fucking itself up, then in the next breath advocated for the physics community to be the life raft for humanity going forward.   Like we've learned our lesson now or something.

If history is any guide, we'll make huge scientific leaps and discoveries and use them to make bad decisions.  It's not a physics problem, it's a people problem.  

There is a good chance we've already made these discoveries and the bad decisions have already been made.  The tic tacs might be ours and the steady rumble of alien stuff in the news is just flooding the landscape with disinformation to cover it.

It's a 3 hour podcast but interesting, took me a couple days to get through it.
View Quote

I'm a fan of Eric but yeah, as you pointed out there are some flaws in his thought processes. I remember in one podcast he got really mad at Musk for putting all these resources into Starship when he could have been solving gravity.

Even if someone comes up with a viable means of inverting gravity tommrow. Starship would be even more useful with an antigravity drive.

Solving gravity though... As I have often said I have come to the conclusion that gravity might be one of those things that might be forever beyond us. If we change the value of the Higgs Boson then we may invite Vacuum Decay. Some thing that would essentially unmake the universe around the new Higgs value.

As for making sure that humanities problems don't repeat on other worlds, I wrote a story about that a few months ago. Weirdest thing I ever wrote but I like how it came out.
Link Posted: 9/6/2023 3:41:23 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

I agree. Let him take Texas out!
View Quote

if they do you'll be overflown by the incoming.
might be short rounds in that flock of sunshine,,,,
Link Posted: 9/6/2023 4:30:54 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Atmospheric pressure is a function of gravity on the atmospheric column.

"Frothing" (as described by Cdr Fravor) is synonymous with what?
Link Posted: 9/6/2023 4:36:06 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

if it has to be done twere best done quickly.
rip the bandaid off.

I just wish Missouri still had its 150. of course Whiteman will be carpet nuked for sure and with the shit stored there being vaporized st Louis will glow for 10000 years along with indy and Columbus.
View Quote

While it may not be formulaic, radiation intensity is inversely proportional with the duration. So for X radioactive material, you can either have a long time or a fun time. If it's really bad, it doesn't last long. If it's really long it's not that bad. Fallout goes away pretty quick, failed reactors or spent fuel pools have the mass to stay a problem for a while.
Link Posted: 9/6/2023 4:41:19 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

I'm a fan of Eric but yeah, as you pointed out there are some flaws in his thought processes. I remember in one podcast he got really mad at Musk for putting all these resources into Starship when he could have been solving gravity.

Even if someone comes up with a viable means of inverting gravity tommrow. Starship would still be quite valuable than it is in rocket powered form. Heck it would be even better than it is now.

Solving gravity though... As I have often said I have come to the conclusion that gravity might be one of those things that might be forever beyond us. If we change the value of the Higgs Boson then we may invite Vacuum Decay. Some thing that would essentially unmake the universe around the new Higgs value.

As for making sure that humanities problems don't repeat on other worlds, I wrote a story about that a few months ago. Weirdest thing I ever wrote but I like how it came out.
View Quote
I see no point in traveling to other planets any time soon.   Any problem we caused on this planet will replicate in theme at least every other place we go.  We need to fix ourselves not run from the scene of our latest fuckup.

In a billion years the sun will run out of stuff lighter than Iron to fuse and it'll go all red giant or whatever and eat the earth.  In a billion years it won't matter.  We won't still be here or likely anywhere.

That podcast is worth the watch, they spent a bunch of time talking about authoritative institutions as well and how they can't be trusted.
Link Posted: 9/6/2023 5:21:15 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

The majority were underground tests. High-altitude airbursts would produce relatively little in the way of fallout, but in any nuclear exchange - a counterforce scenario - most would be ground bursts by relatively large weapons numbering around 1000. That would create significant global fallout. Nuclear winter is real.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

You realize a handful of countries detonated thousands of nuclear weapons most air burst and none of that happened right?

The majority were underground tests. High-altitude airbursts would produce relatively little in the way of fallout, but in any nuclear exchange - a counterforce scenario - most would be ground bursts by relatively large weapons numbering around 1000. That would create significant global fallout. Nuclear winter is real.

World wide
528 atmospheric tests
1528 underground tests.

So disregard the underground ones. 528 is not insignificant.

But your point to size is a good point.
Link Posted: 9/6/2023 5:24:43 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

Doesn’t work that way. Our doctrine isn’t to respond to one nuke with an all out launch.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Does not matter what he uses. Launch even one nuke, big or small, and Russia is thrown on the ash heap of history. In a thousand years, someone might return and find an artifact that does not glow in the dark. Putin must be made to grasp this truth.

Doesn’t work that way. Our doctrine isn’t to respond to one nuke with an all out launch.

Our doctrine is very vague on purpose, they used to have a name for it……Principle of Ambiguity, I think it was called.
Link Posted: 9/6/2023 5:28:10 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

Such a war on a large scale would almost certainly kill civilization in it's current form. Humanity would continue in places like Argentina and New Zealand. But it would be a very harsh existence for the survivors.

Where things get really fucked up is when you have people who believe that civilization in it's current form deserves to die. Mostly these are the most insane of environmentalists. But not all of them...
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Either way, nuclear war seems kinda bad.

Such a war on a large scale would almost certainly kill civilization in it's current form. Humanity would continue in places like Argentina and New Zealand. But it would be a very harsh existence for the survivors.

Where things get really fucked up is when you have people who believe that civilization in it's current form deserves to die. Mostly these are the most insane of environmentalists. But not all of them...

Understatement.

A couple of well placed bombs in 12 ( are there that many ) electronic chip factories would end civilization in its current form.

Just 50% or less of the oil wells being destroyed would do it to
Link Posted: 9/6/2023 5:38:34 PM EDT
[#44]
I wish I was sporting around a huge missile with a nickname like that. No telling what I could conquer.
Link Posted: 9/6/2023 5:44:26 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
I wish I was sporting around a huge missile with a nickname like that. No telling what I could conquer.
View Quote

It wouldn't be Ukraine
Link Posted: 9/6/2023 5:50:56 PM EDT
[#46]
Two thirds of Moscow burned after Napoleon invaded it. So its doubtful they are too shook up over nuclear Armageddon. And after losing 30 million people in WWII, they are pretty accustomed to sacrificing for the motherland.

Definitely not the same here. So when we get hit by a first strike, or counter strike, the USA will really unravel. And do we even have a Civil Defense system anymore?

In any case, as the last superpower standing, China will come in to clean things up. High speed rail will be built to dump 200 million American survivors in central America. And 500 million Chinese will move here to rebuild. And in a sort of Asian Lebensraum, they probably won't leave.

I always wanted to live in Costa Rica.
Link Posted: 9/6/2023 5:51:00 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

If he targets American soil, you can bet your ass it won't be tit-for-tat. He will be missing three cities. Again as I said you play the tit-for-tat you are playing his game. He has mobile launchers. He won't go for just one silo. His missiles aren't that accurate. He can't guarantee a hit. We can't miss.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

You didn’t answer the question.

If he targets American soil, you can bet your ass it won't be tit-for-tat. He will be missing three cities. Again as I said you play the tit-for-tat you are playing his game. He has mobile launchers. He won't go for just one silo. His missiles aren't that accurate. He can't guarantee a hit. We can't miss.

So here is a twist in the plot, tensions are very high,  we anticipate some time of serious response from Russia, we see one ICBM inbound to US soil or make it 3. detonation estimated in 20 minutes, we know the impact point is in the US on a city (s)

Do we assume that is the only one or 3 or is it possible all the others are blocked by sensor jamming and we just don’t see them but they are there. If they have employed some type of sensor block, and we don’t launch full scale, we lose the ability to retaliate and issue launch orders to our subs.

Do we bet on the come?
What does poopy pants do.

Because Vandenburg has announced an ICBM launch to show our resolve ( this is real world happening now, not part of this thought exercise, we are kicking it up a notch. )
Link Posted: 9/6/2023 5:56:05 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

It wouldn't be Ukraine
View Quote

Guess only reaching the climax will tell.
Link Posted: 9/6/2023 5:57:38 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

WTF do you have against the whales bro?
Link Posted: 9/6/2023 5:59:40 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Fuck you whale!
Page / 14
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top