User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 5
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 3/24/2022 2:32:59 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

I'm a veteran with a son serving right now and my younger brother 2/3rds of the way through a Navy career. I tend to agree with you when it comes to my 18 & 17 yr old boys. This country run by soulless illigetimate creatures is not the one I took an oath to defend with my life. Like others here, if there's a true existencial threat to this nation, we'll all be there to kill the enemies of this nation. To die fighting for the globohomo aspirations of a bunch of corrupt assholes in DC? Fuck that and fuck them.
View Quote

This. Our politicians and their tyrannical agencies can 200% go fuck themselves.
Link Posted: 3/24/2022 2:34:07 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Maybe its just bad timing.. But our government sent this out today.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/327887/20220323_224301_jpg-2324107.JPG
View Quote

That's some weird timing for a tweet like that.
Link Posted: 3/24/2022 2:36:42 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 3/24/2022 2:38:44 PM EDT
[#4]
I'm old AF and have wartime service.

Not getting drafted...

Link Posted: 3/24/2022 7:29:19 PM EDT
[#5]
At 53 years old, half deaf from IED blasts during my deployment, I’m thinking I’m allowed to sit one out.
Link Posted: 3/24/2022 7:32:01 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Serious question. Who shows up at your house to "make" you?
View Quote

"Got damn revenuers"
Link Posted: 3/24/2022 7:39:07 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
call me anti american but if there is a draft and its for some fucking dumb fuck ass war that's pointless, I ain't letting them take my son. I'll go to jail before he goes and fight some pointless war to stroke some rich ass politicians ego

If he wants to go on his own accord, that's his choice.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N7qkQewyubs
View Quote

I get the feels, but the statement doesn’t make a whole lot of sense.   How do You expect to go to jail, to keep your son from being drafted?  

What possible scenario do you envision?
Link Posted: 3/24/2022 7:41:41 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
I’d be willing to bet like 50% of fighting age males in this country either have been or are currently on either adderall or some kind of antidepressants. I thought that was a dealbreaker for service, wonder if they’d change that?
View Quote

My Dad got drafted in 1950.  His comment. If they needed more they would start drafting cats, dogs and pregnant women
Link Posted: 3/24/2022 7:48:19 PM EDT
[#9]
If they need a half deaf guy, with a beer belly and plantar fasciitis, be my guest.  I also work at home as a medic, I think that’s good enough for an exemption.

I would never go to war for this country, unless invaded.
Some globalist wants to make me go fight his war, GFYS.

I thank god that my boys are special needs, I won’t need to see them drafted and sent off to a war that I have no support for.

Lucky for us we have enough women and trannies to fight.  They wanted equality, let em have it.

Link Posted: 3/24/2022 7:53:01 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
I'm old AF and have wartime service.

Not getting drafted...

View Quote

I’m not positive but I’m pretty sure if you have ever served in the military you can be recalled. I think it’s in the fine print when you sign up. The recall starts with younger ages and works it’s way up. Maybe things have changed I dunno.

Edit confirmed Link
Link Posted: 3/24/2022 8:03:44 PM EDT
[#11]
Already medically disqualified when I tried to join the corps after High School, even so with my job I would 100% get an exemption. Back in WW2 the company was exempt for the draft for national security reasons
Link Posted: 3/24/2022 8:17:12 PM EDT
[#12]
The question we should be asking is WTF does the selective service need its own Twitter page?
Link Posted: 3/24/2022 8:21:28 PM EDT
[#13]
Only if I can use all the gear I’ve spent so much money on.
Link Posted: 3/24/2022 8:25:24 PM EDT
[#14]
I'm too old and fat, I'm safe.. but I'm going to bet a draft happens.
Link Posted: 3/24/2022 8:27:51 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

During WW2, the draft was extended up to the age of 64.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I am over 40. Draft is over for me. Even though I actually signed up for it my senior year...

During WW2, the draft was extended up to the age of 64.

May happen again for WW3
Link Posted: 3/24/2022 8:36:45 PM EDT
[#16]
There ain't gunna be a draft.  There is so much distrust in America, the country would literally explode before anyone gets drafted.
Link Posted: 3/24/2022 8:42:13 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
There ain't gunna be a draft.  There is so much distrust in America, the country would literally explode before anyone gets drafted.
View Quote

The riots would be amazing.  Can you imagine the inner city types being told they are going to be drafted for fight for a fundamentally racist society?  So in the name of racial equity it will only be people of a different demographic, not overtly mentioned mind you.

But honestly, you can't rebuild a nation into something fundamentally different if it is safe, prosperous, and at peace.  We now move from one terrible crisis to the next, social cohesion is nearly gone, and faith in the American way is on life support.   We are ripe for the hammer and sickle.  After the food shortage rioting, then the draft rioting for the new war in Europe, then another round of virus lockdowns and forced vaccinations..."we are the government of the people comrade, and we have the solution".  Of course the solution will be 30-40 million dead.

What?
Link Posted: 3/25/2022 1:05:37 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

The riots would be amazing.  Can you imagine the inner city types being told they are going to be drafted for fight for a fundamentally racist society?  So in the name of racial equity it will only be people of a different demographic, not overtly mentioned mind you.

But honestly, you can't rebuild a nation into something fundamentally different if it is safe, prosperous, and at peace.  We now move from one terrible crisis to the next, social cohesion is nearly gone, and faith in the American way is on life support.   We are ripe for the hammer and sickle.  After the food shortage rioting, then the draft rioting for the new war in Europe, then another round of virus lockdowns and forced vaccinations..."we are the government of the people comrade, and we have the solution".  Of course the solution will be 30-40 million dead.

What?
View Quote

You don’t even need the tinfoil hat emoji.

What you just wrote is nonfiction, man. It’s a glimpse into the future of this country.

Fuuuuuuccckkkk.
Link Posted: 3/25/2022 12:04:26 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

I’m not positive but I’m pretty sure if you have ever served in the military you can be recalled. I think it’s in the fine print when you sign up. The recall starts with younger ages and works it’s way up. Maybe things have changed I dunno.

Edit confirmed Link
View Quote

Only if you're retired enlisted or an officer (obviously).   If you were enlisted and didn't retire, no.

Me, yes, they can call me back but they won't.  I'm not going to "take that hill" for one thing.
Link Posted: 3/25/2022 12:05:22 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
This country has gone downhill so fast the past few years, I’m almost to the point where I don’t care about the flag anymore or the military.  I would not encourage anyone to enlist.
View Quote

Link Posted: 3/25/2022 12:06:46 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

Should be a requirement for all politicians: if you want the nation to go to war, send your own children first.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
How about the Bidens, pelosi's, harris's and schumers go first.

Should be a requirement for all politicians: if you want the nation to go to war, send your own children first.
this
send the politicians and their spawn
Page / 5
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top