Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 68
Link Posted: 11/30/2018 1:33:50 AM EDT
[#1]
Gave online play a try and the matched deathmatch stuff is clunky absolute shit.

3rd person shooter that sucks even worse if you try to play first person.

The freeroam is filled with nothing but dipshits same as GTA Online was.

Pretty much fucking pointless.   Will finish the single player and never touch it again is my guess.
Link Posted: 11/30/2018 1:41:20 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Gave online play a try and the matched deathmatch stuff is clunky absolute shit.

Pretty much fucking pointless.   Will finish the single player and never touch it again is my guess.
View Quote
That's about how RDR1 multiplayer was and how I assumed this would be based on GTA Online.

I haven't tried it out yet.
Link Posted: 11/30/2018 2:06:01 AM EDT
[#3]
Is there a way to sell or drop a gun?  I have a worn out cattleman’s gun I don’t want.
Link Posted: 11/30/2018 2:39:15 AM EDT
[#4]
Psn: WS6
Link Posted: 11/30/2018 8:04:17 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Is there a way to sell or drop a gun?  I have a worn out cattleman’s gun I don’t want.
View Quote
Cant clean it?
Link Posted: 11/30/2018 8:13:08 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

View Quote
I was hoping this wasn't the case. Looks like I won't be giving multiplayer a try then.
Link Posted: 11/30/2018 9:11:47 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

I was hoping this wasn't the case. Looks like I won't be giving multiplayer a try then.
View Quote
Give it time, everyone likes to jerk off when a game first comes online.   It could be a lot of fun if we get an arfcom posse to go stir shit up with.
Link Posted: 11/30/2018 9:36:27 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Give it time, everyone likes to jerk off when a game first comes online.   It could be a lot of fun if we get an arfcom posse to go stir shit up with.
View Quote
In GTA online this was when I had the most fun, and what fun it was.  I didn't enjoy it very much solo.
Link Posted: 11/30/2018 10:05:37 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

GTA V is like that all the time though.

Don't get me wrong, there were times in GTA V Online where we were complete dicks griefing people but there were times we legitimately tried to actually play the game online. I was hoping RDR2 online would be different.
Link Posted: 11/30/2018 10:06:15 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Indeed sir
Link Posted: 11/30/2018 11:28:43 AM EDT
[#11]
Part of my problem is with the actual game mechanic itself...

You sit there fucking spamming the fucking trigger button because these dickless wonders made it so that one pull makes it fire while another pull of the same trigger reloads.   Single player running around trying to shoot an animal?   Fine.    But online play?   Nope.

The clunky bullshit controls make you rely on auto aim and it is just shit.

The prices for the guns and the level progression unlocks are also a complete fucking joke.

It isnt like I tried for 15 minutes and quit.   I gave it a good 4-5 hours between freeroam and missions.

To try to earn money I went down into the swamps.  Had a wild horse I caught and was going to try to sell in St Denis brcause NO OTHER STABLE WILL BUY THE FUCKING THING.

A Kill and skin a gator to see what the pelts might sell for and horse gets spooked.   Just as I am catching the wild horse again some fuck tard comes gunning for me.   Dont care that I die but what I do care about is fucktard kills my main horse.    There goes the gator pelt I had.   He cannot even loot the pelt but it is gone all the same.

The freeroam isnt worth the trouble and the online matches are horrible completely against intuition/muscle memory of just about any online shooter I have played.   Basically for online play you have to conscript yourself to the quirks of RDR2 to be good meanwhile you are fucking yourself up for other games you might play.
Link Posted: 11/30/2018 11:58:41 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
In RDR 2 Online what is the best way to play with friends.
A buddy used party chat and invite, but that does not seem efficient.

BTW hunting seems to be good for making money in Online.  
I got a 1.10 for a regular squirrel.
View Quote
If you form a posse then hit left on the D pad.. go to posse then invite from there.. you can invite peeps from the server or your friends list..
Link Posted: 11/30/2018 12:31:55 PM EDT
[#13]
Fucking opossums.
Link Posted: 11/30/2018 12:36:20 PM EDT
[#14]
Arfcom RDR2 Online crew for PS4 Playing RDR2 Online solo sucks. Let's build an arfcom crew. Post your PS4 screen name for RDR2 Online in this thread, and I'll consolidate the names here.

Arfcom Name: PS4 Name
Triggerfisher_of_Men: PanzaBoy
Ciraxis: Ciraxis82
Burnsy87: Burnsy1315
Clivus: Clivus13
Wrenchbender - X2AughtShells
Cyclic240B: Raymano
Tacolove - tacolove
crzapy - crzapyh8smsft
Link Posted: 11/30/2018 12:59:19 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Arfcom RDR2 Online crew for PS4 Playing RDR2 Online solo sucks. Let's build an arfcom crew. Post your PS4 screen name for RDR2 Online in this thread, and I'll consolidate the names here.

View Quote
No love for Xbox? PS4 is fo da womenz
Link Posted: 11/30/2018 1:11:11 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

View Quote
You keep thinking that while you play by yourself in the corner
Link Posted: 11/30/2018 1:49:06 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

That's about how RDR1 multiplayer was and how I assumed this would be based on GTA Online.

I haven't tried it out yet.
View Quote
I enjoyed RDR1 online. Mostly the free-for-all matches but also some of the capture-the-flag (I forget the correct nomenclature) games. Free roam was amusing but that's about it.
Link Posted: 11/30/2018 3:13:11 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Fucking opossums.
View Quote
Yeah they suck to get all at once. The best place I found for them isnt even listed as one of their locations in the guide...
Link Posted: 11/30/2018 3:53:40 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Yeah they suck to get all at once. The best place I found for them isnt even listed as one of their locations in the guide...
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Fucking opossums.
Well?
Link Posted: 11/30/2018 3:54:20 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

View Quote
Link Posted: 11/30/2018 4:06:35 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Well?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Fucking opossums.
Well?
Disregard. Got it.
Link Posted: 11/30/2018 4:54:33 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Well?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Fucking opossums.
Well?
Hard to explain but south to southwest of the oil derrick in the heartlands. Specifically I've had good luck by the dream catcher tree and the bottle tree.

Normally dont see more than 4 a night in that area. If no luck I go out west by the trapper in big valley.
Link Posted: 11/30/2018 6:24:24 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Cant clean it?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Is there a way to sell or drop a gun?  I have a worn out cattleman's gun I don't want.
Cant clean it?
Not without a background check.

(coming soon to video games near you)
Link Posted: 11/30/2018 6:58:21 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

View Quote
Tacolove - tacolove
Link Posted: 12/1/2018 12:38:23 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Cant clean it?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Cant clean it?
Nope. Gunsmith won’t buy it or clean it either.
Link Posted: 12/1/2018 1:11:31 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

Nope. Gunsmith won't buy it or clean it either.
View Quote
If you kill someone they drop their gun. Just have the gun you don't want out and walk over their gun. Should give the option to drop yours for theirs. Sucks that you can't just store or discard/sell unwanted guns.
Link Posted: 12/1/2018 5:05:17 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
ETA: @Stoney0102  if you find a fix post it and tag me please, I'll do the same

Having the exact same problem and it's annoying as fuck.... Anybody got a fix?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
So I have the base level game and I just got hit with a 5.7gb update. Multiplayer I'm guessing.

ETA: So I dont have multiplayer access yet but the option was added.

That said the update fucked up the horse veiw. Now when I ride the camera angle stays where I'm looking and is not locked to the way the horse is going. Help!
ETA: @Stoney0102  if you find a fix post it and tag me please, I'll do the same

Having the exact same problem and it's annoying as fuck.... Anybody got a fix?
@cyclic240B
It's been an option since day one. Just go into the camera options and turn the follow either on or off.
Link Posted: 12/1/2018 4:00:29 PM EDT
[#28]
I played online today for the first time. Had a good time. There was some grief. But I was able to spawn back I. And get revenge.

There is also the “parley” option that can give you some relief and time to unass the area.
Link Posted: 12/1/2018 6:45:52 PM EDT
[#29]
Did the #4 Explorer Challenge by finding the Jack Gang treasure (stumbled upon it by pure chance looking for birds of prey). Got the treasure and got notified I completed the challenge. Look in the progress section and what do I see? No credit for the treasure. WTF over

ETA: Saved the game and the credit is showing. Go figure.  Now I have to figure out where another treasure map is at
Link Posted: 12/1/2018 10:09:57 PM EDT
[#30]
In for the posse

PSN = theDoctor602
Link Posted: 12/2/2018 3:11:41 AM EDT
[#31]
So I have been playing a bit.
I am currently level 12.
My biggest problem is lack of money.
BTW pro-tip save your money.  At level 12 you can upgrade your deadeye, but it costs 350$.

So far hunting small animals seems to be the best way to get money.
I generally look for swamp birds.
Owenjila lake near Strawberry seems good too.
Slaughting farmer's pigs is profitable, but dishonorable.

I spent $60 on a scope for my Varmint Rifle and felt like a got a good return on investment.
Link Posted: 12/2/2018 3:57:04 AM EDT
[#32]
Not everyone online is a dipshit. I just spent 2 hours fishing for steelhead with like 5 other random people. We talked politics the entire time, nobody died lol.
Link Posted: 12/2/2018 3:59:39 AM EDT
[#33]
I'm not 100% against having to actually work to get money.
This ,however, made me laugh.  :)

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 12/2/2018 1:29:40 PM EDT
[#34]
This is just typical Rockstar stuff.

In GTA Online you earn a pathetic amount of cash for doing missions and the buyable stuff in gane is extremely expensive.

Over time they add more profitable revenue streams but also add even more expensive cooler stuff.

They will likely introduce a RDR2 version of shark cards.
Link Posted: 12/2/2018 1:39:02 PM EDT
[#35]
This game has the shittiest and most clunky controls that it plays like a PS2 game.  Huge disappointment.  
Link Posted: 12/2/2018 1:40:15 PM EDT
[#36]
Just hit chapter 6. What do I need to do before I get to the epilogue?
Link Posted: 12/2/2018 1:47:52 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

View Quote
I have a forum set up in War gaming which is where the gaming threads are supposed to be kept. I’m keeping peoples PSN tags and XBone in the OP so people can find each other. Just IM me or leave a post there and I’ll write your tag in there in the OP.
Link Posted: 12/3/2018 3:58:52 AM EDT
[#38]
SECRET 30% MORE DAMAGE TRICK in Red Dead Online! RDR2 Online Tips and Tricks!
Link Posted: 12/3/2018 4:49:49 AM EDT
[#39]
Click To View Spoiler
Link Posted: 12/3/2018 7:37:30 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
Click To View Spoiler
View Quote
Click To View Spoiler
Link Posted: 12/3/2018 10:18:09 AM EDT
[#41]
I'm pushing to finally finish the story this week, I know I'm getting close.   I want to finish it before I start multiplayer.
Link Posted: 12/3/2018 11:29:51 AM EDT
[#42]

Originally Posted By Abigail Marston:
Is that it with you?  Tahiti or killing?
View Quote
Link Posted: 12/3/2018 11:34:24 AM EDT
[#43]
There are definitely some issues with the costs of everything in online mode.  You do a 15 minute mission and earn 84 cents, and a new flag for your camp is $500.
Link Posted: 12/3/2018 11:38:50 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
There are definitely some issues with the costs of everything in online mode.  You do a 15 minute mission and earn 84 cents, and a new flag for your camp is $500.
View Quote
They are probably hoping to sell in game money online like they do with GTAV.   I hope they don't turn it into a pay to win/play situation.
Link Posted: 12/3/2018 11:49:34 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
They are probably hoping to sell in game money online like they do with GTAV.   I hope they don't turn it into a pay to win/play situation.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Can you hop online and go fishing by yourself, for example, with a reasonable expectation of being left alone?
Link Posted: 12/3/2018 11:52:06 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

Can you hop online and go fishing by yourself, for example, with a reasonable expectation of being left alone?
View Quote
I don't know, I have yet to play online, I want to finish up the single player first before I get distracted with online.
Link Posted: 12/3/2018 12:55:23 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

View Quote
You have to rank up to level 14 I believe to unlock the fishing pole.. its also like 124 bucks to buy... And generally speaking you can probably get some fishing in with out being skull fucked...
Link Posted: 12/3/2018 1:12:56 PM EDT
[#48]
The ages of characters makes no sense.  Arthur looks to be about the same age as Dutch, but talks about Arthur being raised by Dutch.

This one is the most confusing though:   "The fiery, hellish-looking sight of war-torn Brooklyn gave Strauss's uncle a fatal heart attack, leaving Leopold all alone in unfamiliar land. Dutch van der Linde picked the immigrant up soon after and inducted him into his gang, where he became the group's accountant, handling Dutch's loan sharking business."

Strauss looks old enough to be Dutch's father, but Dutch found Struass when Strauss was 17 and mentored him?
Link Posted: 12/3/2018 1:28:40 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
The ages of characters makes no sense.  Arthur looks to be about the same age as Dutch, but talks about Arthur being raised by Dutch.

This one is the most confusing though:   "The fiery, hellish-looking sight of war-torn Brooklyn gave Strauss's uncle a fatal heart attack, leaving Leopold all alone in unfamiliar land. Dutch van der Linde picked the immigrant up soon after and inducted him into his gang, where he became the group's accountant, handling Dutch's loan sharking business."

Strauss looks old enough to be Dutch's father, but Dutch found Struass when Strauss was 17 and mentored him?
View Quote
Yeah I've thought the same thing, ages are way off.   Maybe dutch dyes his hair
Link Posted: 12/3/2018 5:44:38 PM EDT
[#50]
Heh.

Stumbled across a random hunter that tells a story about a legendary panther. Says if anyone is gonna get it, it’ll be him.

As I’m sitting there on my horse wearing the Death Roll outfit that has the legendary panther hide as a cape.  
Page / 68
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top