User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 7/6/2016 11:22:16 AM EDT
[#1]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

90K a year doesn't really sound like all that much savings.
View Quote

I could think of a lot I could do with 90K
Link Posted: 7/6/2016 11:24:41 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
View Quote

As the owner, making an additional 90K, would sound really good.
Link Posted: 7/6/2016 11:25:21 AM EDT
[#3]
I would gladly patronize the robot burger joint just to stick it to the assholes wanting $15/hour to flip burgers.

I would even give the robots a tip, just because.
Link Posted: 7/6/2016 11:30:53 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Do not worry as the democretin will cry foul and move to implement a fine for any company that displaces workers.
View Quote

Yep.
Link Posted: 7/6/2016 12:05:56 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Yeah, I thought about that and it sounded low to me, too. But, consider that the kitchen (not the store) only has between 1 or 2 people dedicated to the job per shift, per day. So, it's not 4-6 cook slots. It's really like 1.5 slots across 18 hours.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
I doubt the average B&M McD's *spends* $90K a year on their kitchen staff or much more than that if they get that high. (That's 6 full time employees at minimum wage, BTW)

you doubt they spend $247 per day?  that's only 34 labor hours at min wage.  calculate 4-6 cook slots across a minimum of an 18-hour work day.

i agree with you about the process, but math is math.

Yeah, I thought about that and it sounded low to me, too. But, consider that the kitchen (not the store) only has between 1 or 2 people dedicated to the job per shift, per day. So, it's not 4-6 cook slots. It's really like 1.5 slots across 18 hours.

It depends on the store and time of day.  The last time I went to a big McDonalds during lunch rush there was 8 people shoulder to shoulder on the burger line, 4 on each side.  Plus 1 refilling food.  2  or 3 just on the fryers.    At peak times there are  12 people making sandwiches.  Slower  times I've seen 2 run the burger line and 3 to 4 total in the store at closing time.  You go to a steak n shake and there is always 1 guy just cooking burgers .    Roughly calculated a minimum wage emcee costs a company $15/hr
Link Posted: 7/6/2016 12:12:04 PM EDT
[#6]
Eat sh*t $15 min. wage advocates (and I know there are no here on Arfcom).  Expect more of automation as employers seek to reduce cost/overhead.
Link Posted: 7/6/2016 12:20:37 PM EDT
[#7]
the factory of the future, has one employee and a dog

the employee to open the door and turn the power button on

the dog to make sure the employee doesn't touch anything else
Link Posted: 7/6/2016 12:24:25 PM EDT
[#8]
Progressives, always trying to regulate and dismantle progress.
Link Posted: 7/6/2016 12:40:55 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

As a small business owner, I'll say- are you freaking kidding me? $90k not that much?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

As a small business owner, I'll say- are you freaking kidding me? $90k not that much?

Not that much when everyone in GD pulls in 6 figures a year.

GD is full of special people. 90k not that much? Please hand an extra 90k/yr and I'll show you what can be done with it.
Link Posted: 7/6/2016 1:43:07 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

As a for,er .gov employee I totally agree .... $90k is a lot of money!
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top