BCM
User Panel

Page / 32
Link Posted: 3/14/2023 2:58:45 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Now it’s a party!

The Russians are dumb as fuck. America will retaliate although it’ll probably be in the form of advances weapons to Ukraine.

Splash a drone? Here’s another 10,000 corpses to send home to mom.
View Quote

Have you seen how the Russians are conducting mine clearing operations in Ukraine?  This was an aerial version of that.
Link Posted: 3/14/2023 2:59:23 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

The odd part is that certain people keep jumping into threads like this and declaring things that aren't so.   No one cares about your "head canon" (aka delusion) unless they share it.  

In which case, I think the rest of us who don't share it would prefer you just go find a private place to share your fantasies.   Maybe play with model trains and have some imitation crab meat or whatever.  Not my business.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Oddly enough? So normally the Ukie simps would be jerking furiously. Why not this time?

The odd part is that certain people keep jumping into threads like this and declaring things that aren't so.   No one cares about your "head canon" (aka delusion) unless they share it.  

In which case, I think the rest of us who don't share it would prefer you just go find a private place to share your fantasies.   Maybe play with model trains and have some imitation crab meat or whatever.  Not my business.

That's weak, you're sad.
Link Posted: 3/14/2023 2:59:52 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Is really unfortunate that I don't believe that there was a collision. I simply don't believe anything our government says anymore.

Was our drone taken out by Russia jets and we don't want to escalate so we're blaming it on a collision?
View Quote

Ayup.

I don’t believe a fucking thing our government and its msm says.
Link Posted: 3/14/2023 3:00:22 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

I think you missed the more important part of his statement.

For context, someone (the Russians) put out a pretty retarded disinformation social media blurb a couple of weeks ago.  "Why is there literally NO evidence of this supposed war in Ukraine?"  Or words to that effect.   Just hundreds of different twitter accounts, wordpress journalists, and others repeating the exact same quote in a short time frame.  

I wasn't aware we had anyone on arfcom who actually fell for it.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

It's pretty SOP and has been so since forever.  We even had naval vessels observing the Russo-Japanese war, IIRC.

For context, someone (the Russians) put out a pretty retarded disinformation social media blurb a couple of weeks ago.  "Why is there literally NO evidence of this supposed war in Ukraine?"  Or words to that effect.   Just hundreds of different twitter accounts, wordpress journalists, and others repeating the exact same quote in a short time frame.  

There were two or three variations and it did indeed pop up in GD verbatim.
Link Posted: 3/14/2023 3:00:49 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 3/14/2023 3:01:39 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

It's pretty SOP and has been so since forever.  We even had naval vessels observing the Russo-Japanese war, IIRC.

I said months ago it wasn’t large scale war. It still isn’t.

Not sure what was said a couple weeks ago.
Link Posted: 3/14/2023 3:02:22 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Now it’s a party!

The Russians are dumb as fuck. America will retaliate although it’ll probably be in the form of advances weapons to Ukraine.

Splash a drone? Here’s another 10,000 corpses to send home to mom.
View Quote

I don't think America will retaliate in any meaningful way.  We've been playing fuck-fuck games with them in international airspace and international waters longer than any of us have been alive.  
USS Caron getting rammed by the Russians in the Black Sea - Feb 1988
Link Posted: 3/14/2023 3:03:34 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

I wonder if a Reaper can do a barrel roll.

Kharn
View All Quotes

Link Posted: 3/14/2023 3:04:49 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

View Quote

Jesus Christ

eta:  Just out of morbid curiosity, how many casualties do you think both sides have suffered?  How many civilian deaths?
Link Posted: 3/14/2023 3:05:57 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Link Posted: 3/14/2023 3:08:22 PM EDT
[#11]
I bet some butt-hurt drone operators are walking around like someone stole their bicycle.  Gonna be a tough night at the bowling alley!
Link Posted: 3/14/2023 3:09:32 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

Jesus Christ

eta:  Just out of morbid curiosity, how many casualties do you think both sides have suffered?  How many civilian deaths?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Jesus Christ

Not sure. I don’t believe either side.
Link Posted: 3/14/2023 3:10:02 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
I bet some butt-hurt drone operators are walking around like someone stole their bicycle.  Gonna be a tough night at the bowling alley!
View Quote

What's another $32M? Just a rounding error.
Link Posted: 3/14/2023 3:10:39 PM EDT
[#14]
Can the MQ-9 carry the Aim9x? And shoot aerial targets?
Link Posted: 3/14/2023 3:12:23 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
View Quote

Is Russia and the US shooting at each other over the Black Sea what you want?
Link Posted: 3/14/2023 3:14:11 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

No just wondered if the drone can defend its self or it is just a target drone for other aircraft.
Link Posted: 3/14/2023 3:14:12 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

View Quote

Define "want?"
Link Posted: 3/14/2023 3:14:58 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
View Quote

While it probably could carry one I think the time delay between it and it's controllers would likely preclude it's use short of some sort of automated threat detection and engagement system which I hope is not implemented...ever

of course my understanding of the lag is based on asking a drone pilot at nellis on military day for the airshow at least a decade ago.
Link Posted: 3/14/2023 3:15:42 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

View Quote

Do you believe your own eyes?  This is one of the most visually recorded conflicts in human history.
Link Posted: 3/14/2023 3:16:09 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

Define "want?"
View Quote

want
Link Posted: 3/14/2023 3:16:17 PM EDT
[#21]
Should we assume that the drone has cameras in every direction?
Link Posted: 3/14/2023 3:16:49 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

Either way Oswald had KGB assassination branch ties and the government feels the files are still too dangerous to make public.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

It seems more likely the CIA did it than the Russians.

Either way Oswald had KGB assassination branch ties and the government feels the files are still too dangerous to make public.

Do you have any proof of this???? Any legitimate file, paper, folder, source, document?
Link Posted: 3/14/2023 3:17:38 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

Do you believe your own eyes?  This is one of the most visually recorded conflicts in human history.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Link Posted: 3/14/2023 3:18:13 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

There's a difference between supporting Russia and not supporting a proxy war, but you choose the strawman.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Ukie simps are jerking furiously over the prospect of escalation...

The only simps in this thread are the ones who support Russia.

There's a difference between supporting Russia and not supporting a proxy war, but you choose the strawman.

@Laufen

Tell your handlers that im sorry.
Link Posted: 3/14/2023 3:18:42 PM EDT
[#25]
United States Press Beiefing from the Pentigon over the Russtion Two Su-27 Fighter Jets dumping fuel on hitting the repelled of the MQ-9 Reaper Drone over the black sea in international waters coursing it to crash into the black Sea
Link Posted: 3/14/2023 3:19:11 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
US European Command said two Russian Su-27 fighters intercepted the unmanned MQ-9 Reaper over international waters and one clipped its propeller.

“Several times before the collision, the Su-27s dumped fuel on and flew in front of the MQ-9 in a reckless, environmentally unsound and unprofessional manner,” it said.

Absolutely Hilarious.
View Quote

Lol, we are not a serious country. Also, he’d shit if he knew how much gas an average Navy air wing on deployment dumps every day.
Link Posted: 3/14/2023 3:19:11 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

View Quote

No, but Russia apparently already is.   Are you saying the US shouldn't shoot back?
Link Posted: 3/14/2023 3:20:00 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

While it probably could carry one I think the time delay between it and it's controllers would likely preclude it's use short of some sort of automated threat detection and engagement system which I hope is not implemented...ever

of course my understanding of the lag is based on asking a drone pilot at nellis on military day for the airshow at least a decade ago.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Interesting tidbit about the lag you mentioned. Sounds like they need to up their bandwidth on their contract
Link Posted: 3/14/2023 3:20:53 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

Was our drone taken out by Russia jets and we don't want to escalate so we're blaming it on a collision?
View Quote

I'm going to go with this.
Link Posted: 3/14/2023 3:21:40 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

I believe it’s armed with a 30mm gun.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
I'm not an aviation engineer, but I would think that a mid air collision would also bring down the Jet.
Not if you just collided with his 25mm projectiles....

I believe it’s armed with a 30mm gun.

Minus the big guy's 15% means only 25 of those mms make it to the front line
Link Posted: 3/14/2023 3:21:43 PM EDT
[#31]
We were caught providing direct US troop support to the Ukrainians.  The correct response by Russia is to escalate to direct action against the U.S. forces in the area while signaling to the Chinese to escalate their efforts by invading Taiwan while both release their records detailing FJB’s criminal actions.

If they both act, Joe, Joe the dancing clown will fold like a cheap tent and both enemy states can keep what they kill.
Link Posted: 3/14/2023 3:21:55 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

WTF are we doing flying drones over the Black Sea.
View Quote

Getting intel on Crimea.
Link Posted: 3/14/2023 3:21:55 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
Live DOD presser on now.
View Quote

Any video?
Link Posted: 3/14/2023 3:22:44 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I haven’t seen anything with my own eyes. I’ve seen some high production quality videos of random attacks.

As long as major cities are still operating somewhat normally, it’s not a full scale war. More like an insurgency/counterinsurgency like we saw in Afghanistan.
Link Posted: 3/14/2023 3:23:51 PM EDT
[#35]
Some of you thinking the DoD is not being truthful in as much as trying to deconflict the event?
Link Posted: 3/14/2023 3:24:16 PM EDT
[#36]
Link Posted: 3/14/2023 3:24:19 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
United States Press Beiefing from the Pentigon over the Russtion Two Su-27 Fighter Jets dumping fuel on hitting the repelled of the MQ-9 Reaper Drone over the black sea in international waters coursing it to crash into the black Sea
View Quote

How drunk are you?
Link Posted: 3/14/2023 3:24:46 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
We were caught providing direct US troop support to the Ukrainians.  The correct response by Russia is to escalate to direct action against the U.S. forces in the area while signaling to the Chinese to escalate their efforts by invading Taiwan while both release their records detailing FJB’s criminal actions.

If they both act, Joe, Joe the dancing clown will fold like a cheap tent and both enemy states can keep what they kill.
View Quote

An ISR platform flying in international airspace is direct troop involvement? LOL You know not what you speak of.
Link Posted: 3/14/2023 3:24:50 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

View Quote

Got any evidence for that?
Link Posted: 3/14/2023 3:25:03 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
Is really unfortunate that I don't believe that there was a collision. I simply don't believe anything our government says anymore.

View Quote

"Ding ding ding, tell'em what he's won Johny !"
Link Posted: 3/14/2023 3:25:39 PM EDT
[#41]
Link Posted: 3/14/2023 3:26:14 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
EUCOM OFFICIAL STATEMENT
“Two Russian Su-27 aircraft conducted an unsafe and unprofessional intercept with a U.S.
Air Force Intelligence, Surveillance, and Reconnaissance unmanned MQ-9 aircraft that was operating within international airspace over the Black Sea today.
At approximately 7:03 AM (CET), one of the Russian Su-27 aircraft struck the propeller of the MQ-9, causing U.S. forces to have to bring the MQ-9 down in international waters.
Several times before the collision, the Su-27s dumped fuel on and flew in front of the MQ-9 in a reckless, environmentally unsound and unprofessional manner. This incident demonstrates a lack of competence in addition to being unsafe and unprofessional.
"Our MQ-9 aircraft was conducting routine operations in international airspace when it was intercepted and hit by a Russian aircraft, resulting in a crash and complete loss of the MQ-9," said U.S. Air Force Gen. James B. Hecker, commander, U.S. Air Forces Europe and Air Forces Africa. "In fact, this unsafe and unprofessional act by the Russians nearly caused both aircraft to crash."
"U.S. and Allied aircraft will continue to operate in international airspace and we call on the Russians to conduct themselves professionally and safely, Hecker added.
This incident follows a pattern of dangerous actions by Russian pilots while interacting with U.S. and Allied aircraft over international airspace, including over the Black Sea. These aggressive actions by Russian aircrew are dangerous and could lead to miscalculation and unintended escalation.”
View Quote

Doesn't seem very miscalculated on their part to me?

Embarrassing...
Link Posted: 3/14/2023 3:26:16 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
Where’s the video?  I can’t believe there isn’t a 360 camera view on these things. Shit, a fucking Hyundai has 360 view when parking.

View Quote

was thinking the same.
Link Posted: 3/14/2023 3:28:12 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

You should become a Military Historian!

You have quite a knack for it…
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I haven’t seen anything with my own eyes. I’ve seen some high production quality videos of random attacks.

As long as major cities are still operating somewhat normally, it’s not a full scale war. More like an insurgency/counterinsurgency like we saw in Afghanistan.

You should become a Military Historian!

You have quite a knack for it…

Keep defending your boss.
Link Posted: 3/14/2023 3:28:36 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

Now that the Russians said that they didn’t have any contact with the drone, I guarantee you’ll see the video by tonight.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Live DOD presser on now.

Any video?

Now that the Russians said that they didn’t have any contact with the drone, I guarantee you’ll see the video by tonight.

The suspense is killing me, I hope it lasts.
Link Posted: 3/14/2023 3:30:13 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

View Quote

Good lord, dude.   I typed out three different replies to this and deleted them all.   I honestly don't think I can help you.
Link Posted: 3/14/2023 3:30:20 PM EDT
[#47]
Link Posted: 3/14/2023 3:30:31 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Got any evidence for that?
View Quote

Link Posted: 3/14/2023 3:30:52 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

want
View Quote

OK, as in "wouldn't it be swell to destroy the RuAF in two weeks while the survivors freeze in dispersal airfields in Siberia?"

I get the downsides, but still, want? Yeah.
Link Posted: 3/14/2023 3:31:21 PM EDT
[#50]
So what's the popular thing to say in GD? Is Biden a giant pussy or is he an intense war monger? I know it changes every 5 minutes here.
Page / 32
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top