User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 7
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 12/30/2022 2:49:22 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Well it wasn't hard to get you to brag about literal Russian war crimes, lol.

Doesn't sound like they're really flattening it.   Sounds like they're wasting ammo they can't really afford to for basically tactical level cope and seethe.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Doesn't sound like they're really flattening it.   Sounds like they're wasting ammo they can't really afford to for basically tactical level cope and seethe.

Funny, the article also notes they've fired hundreds of rounds since leaving last month. Hundreds! No shortage to see here.
Link Posted: 12/30/2022 2:53:07 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

Funny, the article also notes they've fired hundreds of rounds since leaving last month. Hundreds! No shortage to see here.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

How many did they fire into Mariupol?
Link Posted: 12/30/2022 2:59:45 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
This leads me to be concerned they might break out the 5000 to 10000 tons of chemical artillery they still have stored far away near the Ural mountains becuase they can't make 122s or 152s fast enough.

Things are gonna get spooky next year, at least in the end, if things don't go nuclear, they will lose, eventually.

On a side note I hope this war has re-taught a lesson to western powers that stockpiles are incredibly important which was painfully learned from the first year of ww1, becuase as I thought all throughout the cold war we did not have nearly enough stored to fight more than a few years in a hot cold but I admit with nukes being thrown around I might not have mattered.

What a mess.
View Quote

Mass media is a powerful tool to convince good people into bad things.

Link Posted: 12/30/2022 3:25:23 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

View Quote

Hundreds of thousands, maybe more.
Link Posted: 12/30/2022 3:57:14 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
This leads me to be concerned they might break out the 5000 to 10000 tons of chemical artillery they still have stored far away near the Ural mountains becuase they can't make 122s or 152s fast enough.

Things are gonna get spooky next year, at least in the end, if things don't go nuclear, they will lose, eventually.

On a side note I hope this war has re-taught a lesson to western powers that stockpiles are incredibly important which was painfully learned from the first year of ww1, becuase as I thought all throughout the cold war we did not have nearly enough stored to fight more than a few years in a hot cold but I admit with nukes being thrown around I might not have mattered.

What a mess.
View Quote
I doubt their running low, with the rusty old alas they issued, I'm convinced their just using old crap, and saving the best for ww3, russia could blitz across Ukraine if they wanted, but their using old gear, and untrained conscripts. Their just fine continuing as they are, all their war is doing is draining our resources and destabilizing our currency.
Link Posted: 12/30/2022 3:58:46 AM EDT
[#6]
LOL I can’t believe people actually fall for that bullshit. Even the fucking Russians don’t pretend their best troops are in reserve, that’s solely the claim of their fanboys.
Link Posted: 12/30/2022 5:01:39 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

At least tens of thousands, I would guess. Including some quasi carpet bombing on the steel plant.
Link Posted: 12/30/2022 5:03:42 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
I doubt their running low, with the rusty old alas they issued, I'm convinced their just using old crap, and saving the best for ww3, russia could blitz across Ukraine if they wanted, but their using old gear, and untrained conscripts. Their just fine continuing as they are, all their war is doing is draining our resources and destabilizing our currency.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

What a mess.

If you think they're saving their best, you should know we're absolutely saving our best.
Link Posted: 12/30/2022 7:04:03 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
I doubt their running low, with the rusty old alas they issued, I'm convinced their just using old crap, and saving the best for ww3, russia could blitz across Ukraine if they wanted, but their using old gear, and untrained conscripts. They're ussia just fine continuing as they are, all their war is doing is draining our resources and destabilizing our currency.
View Quote

Edit: You say "you are convinced". What do you base this on? Sure seems like wishful thinking to me.

Link Posted: 12/30/2022 8:41:38 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
View Quote

Good lord dude. Putin isn't going to invite you over for filtered brake fluid and Beluga caviar no matter how hard you try...
Link Posted: 12/30/2022 9:19:02 AM EDT
[#11]
Perun has just released a video related to this.

Ammunition shortages in Ukraine - production, supply, & are Russia or the West running dry?

Link Posted: 12/30/2022 9:22:47 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Once again, are you saying the Ukrainians will be able to do anything with the city either when Russia can flatten it at will?

JFC, stop snorting the copium.  Kherson is effectively a no-man's land; as long as Russia holds the other side of the river it is Ukrainian in name only.
View Quote

Russia's inability to flatten and take Bakhmut is the key indicator of Russia's artillery depletion.

They have been trying for months to take it with no success. They have not been able to flatten it block by block like they did Mariupol - despite Bakhmut being a fraction of the size.

At its peak in late spring / early summer, Russia was firing 50 to 60k shells per day. Estimates now are down to 10 to 20k.

Will Russia completely run out? No, they continue to make more at a lower rate. They can and will continue to use tanks firing 125mm as substitutes as both sides seem to agree Russia has lots of this left. This has some major trade-offs though, as range is reduced and the wear on the barrels will quickly be significant.

But they appear to have lost the ability for the types of city leveling volume they used on Mariupol and would be needed to retake Kherson (even ignoring the river crossing aspect).

The parallel to Snake island made two pages back is actually a good one. Russia took them early in the war but lost them, and their losses/depletion plus geography make the chances of Russia retaking them essentially zero. With Ukraine's demonstrated anti-ship capabilities, as well as the prospect of harpoon missiles, and the loss of the Moskva - Russia simply cannot project naval power that far from Crimea and that close to Ukrainian controlled coastline.

Why evacuate people from Kherson? Because it's safer to do so, they have the ability to do it, it reduces civilian casualties; but also because between Russian looting and sabotage when they left and ongoing infrastructure attacks, heat and power in the city is almost certainly in worse shape than anywhere else in the country and this is winter.
Link Posted: 12/30/2022 10:57:11 AM EDT
[#13]
This if from a Greek news site as far as I can tell, and you have to choose the English translation:

Poland is a major issue on Russian television: There are only Polish soldiers on the Ukrainian front – It is regular STAG - "We are already at war with a NATO country - Directly"

Media Group leader Russia Today, Margarita Simonian, made a significant revelation during a fierce confrontation on television.

Why can't I see another end; I'm not saying I'm happy and that's what I want. Of course I want a compromise. Of course I want the ( war ) to end. But I tell you that ( apart from a Russian victory or a nuclear war ) it will be impossible for it to end otherwise, my dear. Because the West and Ukraine, led by the West, especially headed by America and Britain, they will never agree to any compromise other than the return of not only our new territories, but also of Crimea.

And they ( USA and Britain ) have no reason, no incentive to compromise. This war is not going on in their territory, they are only benefiting from this war. They have a growing military-industrial complex and their economy is taking advantage of that. You see, they overcame the global economic crisis with World War II. I don't want to say that they organized him: they were lucky. We were not lucky ( with the war ), they were. They would never have come out of depression, no matter how talented Roosevelt was or how hard he tried to be, they had not yet left it in 1939.

I spoke with our war journalists today who have just returned from there. They tell me:

« Margarita, we see it with our own eyes ». There are no more Ukrainians on the front. There are only Polish there, Polish regular soldiers. And my war correspondents know that.

What does this mean? This means that we are already at war with a NATO country. Directly.

There are now fifteen thousand Polish regular soldiers there. What if there are hundreds of thousands; Won't we attack Poland; If they push us from there; The situation is evolving before our eyes. We are now at war with the Polish Regular Army and we already know that. What are we going to do about it

And then there is this from the same site about Bakhmut:

Surovikin maneuver-channel: Bakhmut is sidelined & traps 50,000 Ukrainians – Promotion to Toretsk – Bila Hora – Kleeshornevodka & Pid - Surovikin writes History in Russia
Link Posted: 12/30/2022 11:19:07 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
This if from a Greek news site as far as I can tell, and you have to choose the English translation:

Poland is a major issue on Russian television: There are only Polish soldiers on the Ukrainian front – It is regular STAG - "We are already at war with a NATO country - Directly"

Media Group leader Russia Today, Margarita Simonian, made a significant revelation during a fierce confrontation on television.

Why can't I see another end; I'm not saying I'm happy and that's what I want. Of course I want a compromise. Of course I want the ( war ) to end. But I tell you that ( apart from a Russian victory or a nuclear war ) it will be impossible for it to end otherwise, my dear. Because the West and Ukraine, led by the West, especially headed by America and Britain, they will never agree to any compromise other than the return of not only our new territories, but also of Crimea.

And they ( USA and Britain ) have no reason, no incentive to compromise. This war is not going on in their territory, they are only benefiting from this war. They have a growing military-industrial complex and their economy is taking advantage of that. You see, they overcame the global economic crisis with World War II. I don't want to say that they organized him: they were lucky. We were not lucky ( with the war ), they were. They would never have come out of depression, no matter how talented Roosevelt was or how hard he tried to be, they had not yet left it in 1939.

I spoke with our war journalists today who have just returned from there. They tell me:

« Margarita, we see it with our own eyes ». There are no more Ukrainians on the front. There are only Polish there, Polish regular soldiers. And my war correspondents know that.

What does this mean? This means that we are already at war with a NATO country. Directly.

There are now fifteen thousand Polish regular soldiers there. What if there are hundreds of thousands; Won't we attack Poland; If they push us from there; The situation is evolving before our eyes. We are now at war with the Polish Regular Army and we already know that. What are we going to do about it

And then there is this from the same site about Bakhmut:

Surovikin maneuver-channel: Bakhmut is sidelined & traps 50,000 Ukrainians – Promotion to Toretsk – Bila Hora – Kleeshornevodka & Pid - Surovikin writes History in Russia
View Quote

Man those two Russian talk show hosts are my favorite.
Link Posted: 12/30/2022 11:21:06 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
View Quote
Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 12/30/2022 12:56:48 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

What a mess.

LOL
Page / 7
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top