Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 17
Posted: 6/12/2023 2:01:56 PM EDT
Who caught the deep dive yesterday? Honestly this game looks like it's pulling all the best parts of other games and lessons learned from their own (full dialogue options for example) and making something really spectacular.
Yes, there will be bugs.
No, it won't be perfect.
I do think it's going to be something that gamers get nostalgia over 11 years later (like Skyrim).

I'm all aboard the hype train. I'm going to spend hours on character and ship creation. What do you guys think?
Link Posted: 6/12/2023 2:03:02 PM EDT
[#1]
I just bought my first console system since my Atari 40 years ago. I'm looking forward to it.
Link Posted: 6/12/2023 2:03:35 PM EDT
[#2]
I'm in...gonna play on pc.

Playing skyrim vr right now and laying arrows to knees
Link Posted: 6/12/2023 2:03:40 PM EDT
[#3]
Do we have an accurate release date yet?  I bought an Xbox just to play this but I’m still waiting
Link Posted: 6/12/2023 2:05:05 PM EDT
[#4]
Game of the year for sure. I'm a sci-fi nerd and love anything space. I'm gonna have to build a new PC or buy an Xbox for it.
Link Posted: 6/12/2023 2:27:53 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Do we have an accurate release date yet?  I bought an Xbox just to play this but I’m still waiting
View Quote

Sept 6
Link Posted: 6/12/2023 2:30:42 PM EDT
[#6]
Not worth buying an Xbox for and my days of playing PC games are pretty much over.

I has a sad.
Link Posted: 6/12/2023 2:34:23 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Not worth buying an Xbox for and my days of playing PC games are pretty much over.

I has a sad.
View Quote

A matter for debate I guess, I just upgraded to a series X and it was mostly to prepare my body for Starfield. I have a good gaming PC, but I use it almost exclusively for flight sims and work...I don't like gaming in my home office all that much
Link Posted: 6/12/2023 2:37:55 PM EDT
[#8]
I'll most likely wind up getting it for launch day, potential bugs be damned.

On paper this will have everything I like about Bethesda open world RPGs. Only time will tell how hard this game is "Re-Todded" out of the gate, but they eventually get around to fixing the inevitable bugs... and typically my experience with Bethesda RPGs means my first "attempt" at playing the game means I usually pick a class type I wind up not playing as with skills I find I rarely use and I wind up restarting anyway.
Link Posted: 6/12/2023 2:39:56 PM EDT
[#9]
I was so excited 2-3 years ago when it was first hinted at, at this point I have no idea when i'd have the time to sit down and give it the time it needs.
Link Posted: 6/12/2023 2:40:50 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
I was so excited 2-3 years ago when it was first hinted at, at this point I have no idea when i'd have the time to sit down and give it the time it needs.
View Quote

Yeah that's going to be a struggle for sure. It's going to take years to get through the main story, let alone side missions and exploration.
Link Posted: 6/12/2023 2:41:28 PM EDT
[#11]
Day before my 50th birthday.  Interesting.  I’m still in.

Quoted:

Sept 6
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Sept 6

Link Posted: 6/12/2023 2:49:10 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

A matter for debate I guess, I just upgraded to a series X and it was mostly to prepare my body for Starfield. I have a good gaming PC, but I use it almost exclusively for flight sims and work...I don't like gaming in my home office all that much
View Quote

I loved my 360.

Hated my Xbone so bad that when it started to give me disc read errors I just smashed it rather than fix it.

Had my Xbone not been such a frustrating collosal pain in my ass for the brief 2-3 years I owned it maybe I would have stayed in that ecosystem.

Got a PS4 and immediately liked the experience/system better.

Starfield could be the greatest game ever but I just cannot bring myself to endure the Xbox/microsoft bullshit again.
Link Posted: 6/12/2023 2:53:17 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

I loved my 360.

Hated my Xbone so bad that when it started to give me disc read errors I just smashed it rather than fix it.

Had my Xbone not been such a frustrating collosal pain in my ass for the brief 2-3 years I owned it maybe I would have stayed in that ecosystem.

Starfield could be the greatest game ever but I just cannot bring myself to endure the Xbox/microsoft bullshit again.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I loved my 360.

Man that sucks, I think I had an OG XBox give me a red ring of death (maybe a 360?) otherwise I'd had various xboxes since 2002 or whatever without major issues. My XB1 is still kicking it now.
Link Posted: 6/12/2023 6:53:23 PM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 6/12/2023 7:33:32 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
It looks good, but please don't preorder this, y'all.  Developers and publishers need to be held accountable for rushing trash out the door and letting us be the beta testers.  Especially for triple A titles that are the most expensive that they've ever been.

Chill out and wait, PC dudes start planning your hardware upgrades or overhauls if needed, play some other games, but let the reviewers speak first before going all in on Starfield.  

Starfield preorders are already through the roof, if developers and publishers continue to see people buying these things sight unseen, they think that it's okay to ship half baked games that are not ready for public consumption, and that is not okay.

If you've got to preorder, at least get it from Green Man Gaming at a reduced price.  It's like $56 for the standard edition and $80 for the deluxe if you're a GMG XP rewards member.
View Quote

It's a gamepass day one, but otherwise...honestly I would pre-order it. It's one of those few games that I'm going to get no matter what, so may as well get some perks along with it. It's pretty rare that I do this, but this would be an exception (might grab one of the special editions, we'll see). I did the same for the DCS strike eagle because it's cheaper to pre-order and I was going to get it day one, or month 6 either way, might as well save money.

You're not wrong, just offering another perspective.
Link Posted: 6/13/2023 3:53:16 PM EDT
[#16]
Absolutely day one buy. I mean I expect bugs galore but thats par for Bethesda. Might take leave for it even.

Vanilla playthrough first then wait 6mo to a year for mods for a whole new game. Really enjoyed the ship/base building so hopefully that's really fleshed out
Link Posted: 6/13/2023 3:57:27 PM EDT
[#17]
I'm all in I think.  Been playing Elite Dangerous for like 6 years.  I'm a bit burned out and I've done most all the multiplayer stuff I want to do there.  Hoping someday Star Citizen gets there but this is very appealing to me.  Some good storylines + open world always did really trip my trigger.
Link Posted: 6/13/2023 4:06:51 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I has a sad.

Get a Steamdeck and just stream the game from your PC and play wherever the fk you want
Link Posted: 6/13/2023 4:08:46 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

Get a Steamdeck and just stream the game from your PC and play wherever the fk you want
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I has a sad.

That's not a bad idea...but I'd probably play way too much if I did that
Link Posted: 6/13/2023 4:10:36 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I has a sad.

That’s definitely going to be me
Link Posted: 6/13/2023 10:48:08 PM EDT
[#21]
This is probably the game I’ve been most excited for in my whole life. I like No Man’s Sky but Starfield seems to be what I had hoped No Man’s Sky would be.

I ordered the Premium Edition Upgrade from the Xbox Store right after the Starfield Direct. Can’t wait till Sept 1st.
Link Posted: 6/14/2023 12:40:18 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
This is probably the game I've been most excited for in my whole life. I like No Man's Sky but Starfield seems to be what I had hoped No Man's Sky would be.

I ordered the Premium Edition Upgrade from the Xbox Store right after the Starfield Direct. Can't wait till Sept 1st.
View Quote

I gotta look into the premium edition.
Link Posted: 6/14/2023 7:59:40 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

View Quote

It will end up coming with the first story dlc that is released, early access, a cosmetic dlc, and some artwork.
Link Posted: 6/14/2023 10:14:16 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

It will end up coming with the first story dlc that is released, early access, a cosmetic dlc, and some artwork.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Tempting....I would rarely do something like this...but tempting...
Link Posted: 6/14/2023 10:23:25 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

Tempting....I would rarely do something like this...but tempting...
View Quote

I mainly bought it to play the game 5 days early. Anything on top of that was just a bonus. Lol. When I bought the premium edition upgrade I didn’t even realize it was coming with first story DLC.
Link Posted: 6/14/2023 10:28:01 AM EDT
[#26]
If folks want the premium edition Green Man Gaming had it for $20 off this past week. (99.99 for 79.99)
Link Posted: 6/14/2023 12:00:56 PM EDT
[#27]
Damnit. I didn't realize it was being released so soon.

Now I gotta get the funds together for a new PC

Just to be clear, this is basically Skyrim in space, right?

Or is it more like Mass Effect?
Link Posted: 6/14/2023 12:12:19 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

View Quote

Space Skyrim seems to be the design.  I'm going to be getting it for certain.
Link Posted: 6/14/2023 12:12:50 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

View Quote

Skyrim in space, with a lot of new/modern features.
Link Posted: 6/14/2023 12:33:58 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

Skyrim Fallout 4 in space, with a lot of new/modern features.
View Quote

Link Posted: 6/14/2023 12:48:52 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Fallout was just radioactive Skyrim
Link Posted: 6/14/2023 2:48:05 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

you have a point, there!
Link Posted: 6/15/2023 6:57:38 AM EDT
[#33]
Bethesda is not the company they used to be. Game is not really on my radar. Skyrim was the last good game they made. Everything else after that was meh. Including fallout 4
Link Posted: 6/15/2023 9:43:27 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
Bethesda is not the company they used to be. Game is not really on my radar. Skyrim was the last good game they made. Everything else after that was meh. Including fallout 4
View Quote

If you're gonna be wrong, be wrong with confidence

Seriously though, did you even watch the deep dive on Sunday?
Link Posted: 6/15/2023 9:59:12 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
Who caught the deep dive yesterday? Honestly this game looks like it's pulling all the best parts of other games and lessons learned from their own (full dialogue options for example) and making something really spectacular.
Yes, there will be bugs.
No, it won't be perfect.
I do think it's going to be something that gamers get nostalgia over 11 years later (like Skyrim).

I'm all aboard the hype train. I'm going to spend hours on character and ship creation. What do you guys think?
View Quote

Clearly revealing my age here, but my favorite games were Origin's Wing Commander and Privateer series.

I stopped playing since that time.  

How does this one compare to them?  Is if the same style of mixing adventure, role playing and space combat?

What's needed in terms of hardware to play? I have a core i7, 16GB RAM, low end graphics card (need to upgrade? What model?).

Does this game work with VR goggles?  If so, which models?

I might consider going back to that stuff.

Link Posted: 6/15/2023 10:16:33 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

Clearly revealing my age here, but my favorite games were Origin's Wing Commander and Privateer series.

How does this one compare to them?  Is if the same style of mixing adventure, role playing and space combat?

What's needed in terms of hardware to play? I have a core i7, 16GB RAM, low end graphics card (need to upgrade? What model?).

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Yes, there will be bugs.
No, it won't be perfect.

So it'll have aspects of space combat like that, but more so it's going to be an RPG so you're going to create a character and move around in 1st or 3rd person, talk to people, join factions or destroy factions, do missions, collect gear, and go through a main story- or ignore the story and do whatever you want to include base building, exploring planets, upgrade ships, piracy, side missions, etc.

Hardware wise you're probably okay except for the graphics card. I'd look at a 3060, 70 or 80 which can be found for a pretty good price these days and be aware you may need a new PSU so look into that. It's unlikely to run on VR at release, but may later with mods.
Link Posted: 6/15/2023 11:27:03 AM EDT
[#37]
Went ahead and downloaded it off gamepass.
Link Posted: 6/15/2023 12:02:39 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
View Quote

i think right now it is supposed to be a place holder download of like 320Mb.

i think i read when the game drops it will be around 120Gb on Xbox Series X.
Link Posted: 6/15/2023 12:23:16 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
View Quote

Oh wow, they're letting us DL it already???
I wonder if it shares saves between Xbox and PC....
Link Posted: 6/15/2023 12:25:23 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

Oh wow, they're letting us DL it already???
I wonder if it shares saves between Xbox and PC....
View Quote

it is a play anywhere game so the save should work on both.
Link Posted: 6/15/2023 12:27:13 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

i think right now it is supposed to be a place holder download of like 320Mb.

i think i read when the game drops it will be around 120Gb on Xbox Series X.
View Quote
Just looked.  It was 3.72 Mb.  I didn't catch that as I had other stuff downloading as well.
Link Posted: 6/15/2023 12:29:56 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
Just looked.  It was 3.72 Mb.  I didn't catch that as I had other stuff downloading as well.
View Quote

if you have your console set to automatically update then when the game drops it will automatically download the game, usually happens late night/early morning. otherwise it will show up as an update on your console after you turn it on when the game download drops.
Link Posted: 6/15/2023 12:30:33 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

if you have your console set to automatically update then when the game drops it will automatically download the game, usually happens late night/early morning.
View Quote
Console?

PC Master Race!
Link Posted: 6/15/2023 12:31:17 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
Console?

PC Master Race!
View Quote

oh damn. not sure about how it will work with PC.

wish i had a gaming PC for this game. the mods for this game will probably be ridiculous.
Link Posted: 6/15/2023 12:35:12 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

oh damn. not sure about how it will work with PC.

wish i had a gaming PC for this game. the mods for this game will probably be ridiculous.
View Quote
Hoping my MSI laptop will handle it. 10th Gen i7, RTX 2070, 64 gig of Ram.
Link Posted: 6/15/2023 12:39:51 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
Hoping my MSI laptop will handle it. 10th Gen i7, RTX 2070, 64 gig of Ram.
View Quote

while i'm not sure, those specs should be basically be roughly the same, and better in some areas, than a Series X. i would imagine it will run the game.
Link Posted: 6/15/2023 12:41:34 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

while i'm not sure, those specs should be basically be roughly the same, and better in some areas, than a Series X. i would imagine it will run the game.
View Quote
I have a Series X as well. I only play Halo and Goldeneye on it.
Link Posted: 6/15/2023 12:43:27 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
I have a Series X as well. I only play Halo and Goldeneye on it.
View Quote

the good thing about Starfield is that it is a play anywhere title, being MS 1st party game, meaning you can play on your PC and Xbox and the save should smoothly move between both platforms.

at least you know you could play Starfield on the X if your laptop gives you problems with the game.
Link Posted: 6/15/2023 1:09:55 PM EDT
[#49]
Link Posted: 6/15/2023 1:14:00 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
Regardless, this will be a make or break for Bethesda.

They better get it right.
View Quote

I have faith in Bethesda. Been playing Elder Scrolls since 1995. Only game I didn’t like when it released was Fallout 76. But I’m not big into MMOs anyways.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 17
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top