Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 17
Link Posted: 8/31/2023 11:16:30 PM EDT
[#1]
2.5 hours in. really enjoying it.

but the only thing that is annoying the hell out of me is that all my mission/activity objectives, or waypoints, show at one time. not just the one i have selected in the menu. highly confusing on trying to go to the right one. hopefully it's a bug that gets patched soon.

Edit: I’m a dummy. There is an option to turn off all the other waypoints in the mission menu. Thankfully.
Link Posted: 8/31/2023 11:20:58 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I only had time to play about an hour and a half tonight, got out of the starting area and to Atlantis.

My initial impressions are that it is exactly what I was expecting... which is Fallout 4 in space, aka No Man's Skyrim.

The voice work seems in line with previous Bethesda games to me, as do the graphics. I'm on an older 2080Ti and it is running and looking just fine at whatever settings it defaulted to in 4k. I like the lockpick minigame as it feels more intuitive than past efforts.

The only real qualms I have with the game so far are that some of the menus, controls, and game systems are a little clunky, and certain things had me scratching my head for a minute before figuring it out (mostly ship's system stuff) but once I figured it out it was no issue. The combat is very Fallout 4... aim, don't aim, who cares there's the bad thing kind of waddle around and shoot until they die. And hopefully Robbie the Robot doesn't walk right in front of your field of fire, the huge mobile home he is.
View Quote

Yeah the menus are certainly a bit clunky. I find the combat similar to fallout 4, but smoother.
Link Posted: 8/31/2023 11:22:59 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

Yeah the menus are certainly a bit clunky. I find the combat similar to fallout 4, but smoother.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I only had time to play about an hour and a half tonight, got out of the starting area and to Atlantis.

My initial impressions are that it is exactly what I was expecting... which is Fallout 4 in space, aka No Man's Skyrim.

The voice work seems in line with previous Bethesda games to me, as do the graphics. I'm on an older 2080Ti and it is running and looking just fine at whatever settings it defaulted to in 4k. I like the lockpick minigame as it feels more intuitive than past efforts.

The only real qualms I have with the game so far are that some of the menus, controls, and game systems are a little clunky, and certain things had me scratching my head for a minute before figuring it out (mostly ship's system stuff) but once I figured it out it was no issue. The combat is very Fallout 4... aim, don't aim, who cares there's the bad thing kind of waddle around and shoot until they die. And hopefully Robbie the Robot doesn't walk right in front of your field of fire, the huge mobile home he is.

combat is a little improved over Fallout 4. best, non vats, combat in a Bethesda game to date.
Link Posted: 8/31/2023 11:30:21 PM EDT
[#4]
I’m kind of attributing the menu clunkiness to the same sort of way Skyrim was clunky, in that everything feels like console controller arrangements shoehorned into PC sensibilities. I feel like if I was using a controller some of this stuff would “flow” better.

And I think my character choices were: background was [redacted] the no background one, and traits were terra firma, extrovert, and I think I picked Freelander / Freesider / Freebooter raised. I’m almost positive I’ll be restarting and changing these once I figure out how fucked I’ve made myself in the game.
Link Posted: 8/31/2023 11:48:11 PM EDT
[#5]
I'll add to the others that it feels like Fallout 4 in space. It's been great, so far.

My only issue so far is navigating the menus.

On Ultra native settings, I was averaging 48-65 FPS at 1080P. Ultra with CAS (I'm using an AMD GPU) it scales it to a consistent 95-115 FPS. The game looks real good.

GPU: AMD 6700 XT Overclocked
CPU: i5 12600k Overclocked (5Ghz P-core, 4Ghz E-core)
Motherboard: MSI Z790 Tomahawk WiFi DDR4
Memory: Corsair Vengeance Pro 32Gb 3200
Link Posted: 9/1/2023 12:52:59 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
I’m kind of attributing the menu clunkiness to the same sort of way Skyrim was clunky, in that everything feels like console controller arrangements shoehorned into PC sensibilities. I feel like if I was using a controller some of this stuff would “flow” better.
View Quote

As an old Bethesda consumer, I waited a while to buy Skyrim and thus have played it with the vanilla UI for about 5 minutes and that was just to confirm I hated it and install the mods to fix it.

Gonna do the same here.
Link Posted: 9/1/2023 8:30:38 AM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 9/1/2023 9:39:52 AM EDT
[#8]
At 7pm the game started to unpack on it's own then would stop.  Hit resume and same thing.  Kept stalling out at 15%.

Turns out I put it on my HDD since it had the most room left over.  Spent about an hour deleting and moving games off the NVMe.  Still no bueno.  Deleted the download and started over. 45 mins later it was all ready to go.  Did not play it yet. Watched Bill & Ted Face the Music instead.
Link Posted: 9/1/2023 9:46:56 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

As an old Bethesda consumer, I waited a while to buy Skyrim and thus have played it with the vanilla UI for about 5 minutes and that was just to confirm I hated it and install the mods to fix it.

Gonna do the same here.
View Quote

Looks like what I will have to do too.  It will not allow me to map any of the HOTAS thumbsticks to the controls which is how I handle all the other FPS games.  Stick for WASD and mouse for aiming with the micro keyboard for the occasional keypress.  But I can't use it for constant WASD input.  I don't even own a game-pad type controller.  

I guess I knew it would be more of an FPS set into space, but I'm a little bummed that the ship is really just a Fallout 4 workshop that gets loaded into this or that location.
Link Posted: 9/1/2023 9:51:53 AM EDT
[#10]
I can see how a HOTAS would possibly improve the spaceship flight controls, and the inability to map to them seems like an obvious shortsighted miss... particularly if your HOTAS uses common PC USB interface that mimics an xinput controller or a keyboard.

The vibe I get from Starfield is that much like Skyrim it was designed for consoles first and backported to PC with little concern for the idiosyncrasies of PC gaming. Then again pretty much everything now is xinput controller based.
Link Posted: 9/1/2023 10:47:12 AM EDT
[#11]
Made my first YouTube clip with a bug from last night.

Check out this Starfield Gameplay Bug! #starfield #videogames

ETA:
Interesting benchmarking with various GPUs on Starfield. Looks like the AMD ones are performing better than NVidia (not surprising because of Bethesda working with them).

He benchmarks the GTX 1060, RTX 2060, RTX 4060, RTX 3060 Ti, RTX 3080 12GB, RTX 4070 Ti, RX 7600, RX 6700 XT, RX 6800 XT, and RX 7900 XT in this video.

Starfield PC Performance Tested: Your GPU isn't ready...

I was getting the same results as him with my 6700 XT, until upscaling with FSR. I could then hit over 90-110 FPS. I'm also overclocking my GPU and CPU both, so that might have something to do with my better performance than him.
Link Posted: 9/1/2023 11:14:34 AM EDT
[#12]
No major bugs encountered yet.

I had a quest step that didn’t complete, but the next step opened up and I was able to finish the quest with no problems.

Some other oddities like people I’m talking to walking away in the middle of the conversation.
Link Posted: 9/1/2023 2:02:46 PM EDT
[#13]
I'm enjoying the hell out of it. I ran around Earths moon for like an hour trying to find the rover, no luck so far.

Link Posted: 9/1/2023 2:19:51 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Reviews are out. As predicted, over hyped. Skyrim was Bethesda's peak and they have been in a slump since.

IMO Fallout 76 could have been decent, but they went for the online money grab.  Tiny fucking storage and $100 / year (IIRC) to fix that.   That wasn't going to happen w/ me.     The game sucked and still does.
Link Posted: 9/1/2023 2:28:50 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
I can see how a HOTAS would possibly improve the spaceship flight controls, and the inability to map to them seems like an obvious shortsighted miss... particularly if your HOTAS uses common PC USB interface that mimics an xinput controller or a keyboard.

The vibe I get from Starfield is that much like Skyrim it was designed for consoles first and backported to PC with little concern for the idiosyncrasies of PC gaming. Then again pretty much everything now is xinput controller based.
View Quote

Yeah its a Virpil stick and throttle.  And I'm really okay with the fact it's not a space flight sim, but as far as I know it would just be windows USB joysticks with various axis and buttons so It's hard to understand why they seemed to almost deliberately exclude using it.  I simply could find no way to map any button press or axis to on-foot movement from those controls.  And while a game controller probably works okay as a general purpose input I also hear you can't use a controller AND keyboard/mouse.  It has to be one or the other.  No way I want to aim on a PC using a thumbstick.

So it definitely does seem like its a console first kinda game and PC was kind of glued on the side.  Im sure at some point it will get sorted out, but I paid for early access so had to request the refund ASAP to avoid Steam deciding it was mine for good.
Link Posted: 9/1/2023 2:31:48 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

Yeah its a Virpil stick and throttle.  And I'm really okay with the fact it's not a space flight sim, but as far as I know it would just be windows USB joysticks with various axis and buttons so It's hard to understand why they seemed to almost deliberately exclude using it.  I simply could find no way to map any button press or axis to on-foot movement from those controls.  And while a game controller probably works okay as a general purpose input I also hear you can't use a controller AND keyboard/mouse.  It has to be one or the other.  No way I want to aim on a PC using a thumbstick.

So it definitely does seem like its a console first kinda game and PC was kind of glued on the side.  Im sure at some point it will get sorted out, but I paid for early access so had to request the refund ASAP to avoid Steam deciding it was mine for good.
View Quote

Would a app like JoyToKey work with that HOTAS to allow you to map it as keyboard inputs?
Link Posted: 9/1/2023 3:29:12 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

View Quote

The part about game ccontroller or keyboard and mouse only isn't true. I use both, my controller sits on my lap while I'm on foot using keyboard and mouse and switch to controller for flying. It even switches prompts when it detects you switching to controller or vice versa. There is an option under gamplay that allows this instant switch, mine was on by default, maybe that's where people are having issues?
Link Posted: 9/1/2023 3:49:07 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
I'm enjoying the hell out of it. I ran around Earths moon for like an hour trying to find the rover, no luck so far.

https://i.imgur.com/gJrWjXr.png
View Quote

Bummer, what did earth look like, I heard in the game its uninhabitable
Link Posted: 9/1/2023 4:36:11 PM EDT
[#19]
Have some free time this weekend before I start a 14 day straight work schedule. Is there still a way to buy the game and start it today?
Link Posted: 9/1/2023 5:18:13 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

https://i.imgur.com/gJrWjXr.png

It is, that picture is on earth. That is taken in a famous city of a famous building. I won't ruin it for anyone thar runs across it, not that it's really a spoiler, still cool though.
Link Posted: 9/1/2023 7:54:06 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Have some free time this weekend before I start a 14 day straight work schedule. Is there still a way to buy the game and start it today?
View Quote

You can buy game and buy premium upgrade and play now.

You can also sub Game Pass and buy Premium Upgrade and play now.
Link Posted: 9/1/2023 8:53:11 PM EDT
[#22]
After fucking around on Mars for more or less the whole day I've noticed a few things about this game.

First, it is supposed to support HDR and the intro screen / menu appears to be in HDR, but the whole game is horribly washed out and has awful color implementation. Everything has that Bethesda "pissed on" look. No colors pop, blacks are gray, grays are gray, whites are gray, and the whole game just looks barf. The fidelity of the textures is fine, it is just the overall coloring of the game is extremely lacking. I hope this is just an HDR implementation issue like some other games have had on launch and they will fix it with a patch.

Which brings me to my next graphical qualm... this game is all or nothing for resolution sizing. Meaning, you either play in borderless fullscreen at your monitor's native resolution or you play in a window. There is no way to fullscreen scale a lower resolution without changing your operating resolution in windows, which is a PITA. I wanted to knock my resolution down a notch or two since I'm on an older graphics card to see if it would improve my framerate any as I'm noticing more and more stutters and lags, but nope. You either play at your native resolution or look at a window on your desktop. Again this can probably be easily fixed with a patch.

And lastly the "thrill of exploration" that used to exist in past Bethesda games feels extremely nerfed in Starfield. I wandered the entire surface of Mars today and what did I find? A bunch of iron ore and lead. That's about it. Sure there was a Spacer base, but I plowed through them in seconds and all that awaited me were more weapon drops I didn't need, ammo for guns I didn't use, oh and iron ore... and more lead.
Link Posted: 9/1/2023 9:24:28 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
After fucking around on Mars for more or less the whole day I've noticed a few things about this game.

First, it is supposed to support HDR and the intro screen / menu appears to be in HDR, but the whole game is horribly washed out and has awful color implementation. Everything has that Bethesda "pissed on" look. No colors pop, blacks are gray, grays are gray, whites are gray, and the whole game just looks barf. The fidelity of the textures is fine, it is just the overall coloring of the game is extremely lacking. I hope this is just an HDR implementation issue like some other games have had on launch and they will fix it with a patch.

Which brings me to my next graphical qualm... this game is all or nothing for resolution sizing. Meaning, you either play in borderless fullscreen at your monitor's native resolution or you play in a window. There is no way to fullscreen scale a lower resolution without changing your operating resolution in windows, which is a PITA. I wanted to knock my resolution down a notch or two since I'm on an older graphics card to see if it would improve my framerate any as I'm noticing more and more stutters and lags, but nope. You either play at your native resolution or look at a window on your desktop. Again this can probably be easily fixed with a patch.

And lastly the "thrill of exploration" that used to exist in past Bethesda games feels extremely nerfed in Starfield. I wandered the entire surface of Mars today and what did I find? A bunch of iron ore and lead. That's about it. Sure there was a Spacer base, but I plowed through them in seconds and all that awaited me were more weapon drops I didn't need, ammo for guns I didn't use, oh and iron ore... and more lead.
View Quote

I do wish there was at least one planet with a map like Skyrim or Fallout 4. I do think this games exploration is far more “spread out” as you have to travel several planets to see much.
Link Posted: 9/2/2023 6:16:37 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Overhyped is your opinion though.  Looking at it for XBox/Microsoft specifically, if it really is as good as early reviews have said, then it's a huge win for Microsoft as they've been getting their asses handed to them by Sony with regards to exclusives.  Microsoft and Bethesda desperately need this game to be good.

That said, me personally, I'm still waiting a while before I commit.  If Bethesda is like typical Bethesda, this game has some problems that people haven't found yet, and the modding community is gonna come up with some things that will make the overall experience much more pleasant.
View Quote

Considering everyone expected this to be game of the year, to be the biggest most expansive game made, 8 years and hundreds of millions to develop, thousands of planets with lots with lots to do on them and them just end up for resources gathering I would consider that disappointing/overhyped.  And you are now starting to see other people say this now that they have had time with it.

I like Bethesda games a lot, been playing them since late 90s. But since fallout 4 (another overhyped game) they haven’t really brought anything different. Sure this game is set in space and I am massive space game junkie. Mass effect, hundreds of hours in elite dangerous in VR, Homeworld, Freespace series, and my years in Eve Online.  But from what I have seen of Starfield, it’s just a copy and paste fallout in space with a few new things thrown in.

You are 100% right about the modding community. They will have some very interesting things to add to/enhance the game (like Skyrim VR).  That’s when I will likely consider it.

Link Posted: 9/2/2023 8:25:18 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
View Quote

There is some of that on other worlds, but it's not nearly as dense as in previous Bethesda games. I flew to a ship on the map where a little girl sold me orange juice, so there are those but you have to seek them out.

Some other encounters:
Click To View SpoilerClick To View SpoilerClick To View SpoilerOne thing that seems to be missing is those little ways to take out enemies using the environment like you could by hacking computers in Fallout. I take that back - I just found one.
Link Posted: 9/2/2023 11:27:32 AM EDT
[#26]
Modding and any dlc's could be very interesting
Link Posted: 9/2/2023 12:24:59 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Modding and any dlc's could be very interesting
View Quote
Someone needs to mod in an ammo bench.
Link Posted: 9/2/2023 1:44:53 PM EDT
[#28]
I've got about 10 hours into it...I'm really enjoying it.

Was it overhyped?  Not at all.  And, that's also a personal opinion.  

Having spent hundreds and hundreds of hours playing Fallout 3, New Vegas, Fallout 4, Skyrim, etc...Starfield is exactly like those games...but in space.  Running back and forth to complete quests, random exploring, wandering aimlessly...it's great.  If you don't like that, well, then this game clearly is not for you.  And, if you had played other Bethesda games in the past and not liked them, and then decided to buy Starfield....I don't know what you were expecting and I feel no pity for you being upset.

I do wish there was a little bit more of a tutorial phase where the game teaches you what to do, how to do, etc.  After 10 hours, I'm still learning about the game mechanics.  I do wish there was a local map...the in-game maps suck.  But, once I realized the scanner mode will guide you, it's all good.  

The combat is great...much more like Skyrim, but without the VATS system...which I don't miss in Starfield. The guns are fun...but I'll need to build a ship with more workbenches inside to really take advantage.

Has anyone come across some type of recycling system yet?  For instance, can I break down all the coffee mugs, Styrofoam containers, wrenches, etc. that are laying around everywhere?

Anyways...I reached level 5 last night while on New Atlantis on Jemison.  This game is going to be great for my weight loss goals...I haven't eaten anything for dinner for the past two nights, since I've been playing and lose track of time...I lost 4 lbs in 2 days.
Link Posted: 9/2/2023 2:39:57 PM EDT
[#29]
I'm about 12 hours in. I am not a gamer, but I was really looking forward to this. On a Series S. I am loving it.

I wish the surface map was a lot more detailed. Especially when you are in some abandoned outpost or something.
Link Posted: 9/2/2023 3:05:48 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
I'm about 12 hours in. I am not a gamer, but I was really looking forward to this. On a Series S. I am loving it.

I wish the surface map was a lot more detailed. Especially when you are in some abandoned outpost or something.
View Quote

This is my main complaint as well...when you are indoors/cave/tunnel system, there is ZERO map.  Typical with Bethesda games, indoors can be a bit of a labyrinth. But, the scanner mode projects guide arrows, so it's not like you can get lost permanently.
Link Posted: 9/2/2023 3:42:23 PM EDT
[#31]
I can live without a minimap... mostly because it isn't like there is anything of any real importance that requires you to navigate with any sort of specificity in the game so far for me. Just huuuuuuuuuuge empty spaces full of iron or lead with the occasional ship landing site or facility full of goons. Oh and the literal exact same cave like four times in a row now. I swear I have cave deja vu every time I enter one.

My complaint for the day is the companion Sarah. Bitch... SHUT... UP. Shut up, and clear my fucking field of fire. I swear, if you walk in front of my sights or berate me for picking up food cubes or resources one more fucking time.
Link Posted: 9/2/2023 3:51:55 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
I can live without a minimap... mostly because it isn't like there is anything of any real importance that requires you to navigate with any sort of specificity in the game so far for me. Just huuuuuuuuuuge empty spaces full of iron or lead with the occasional ship landing site or facility full of goons. Oh and the literal exact same cave like four times in a row now. I swear I have cave deja vu every time I enter one.

My complaint for the day is the companion Sarah. Bitch... SHUT... UP. Shut up, and clear my fucking field of fire. I swear, if you walk in front of my sights or berate me for picking up food cubes or resources one more fucking time.
View Quote

I only tolerate companions because they carry all my extra stuff.  That robot gets in my way constantly...
Link Posted: 9/2/2023 5:02:17 PM EDT
[#33]
I took introvert so it's just me and my hand-cannon.
Link Posted: 9/2/2023 8:22:42 PM EDT
[#34]
I took the Wanted trait, and it's pretty fun. Bounty hunters will just show up randomly and attack you. Free loot

I boarded one of their ships and they begged me to spare them. I wish I could have sent them out the airlock, but they got a bullet instead.

I'd really like to see a future Starfield-type game have less of a focus on combat. There are a lot of skills that seemingly have nothing to do with combat that still require killing x number/type of bad guys. At the same time, there are a bunch of non-combat skills I'll love to take, but the game is too combat-focused to spare the points early in the game.

Quoted:
Has anyone come across some type of recycling system yet?  For instance, can I break down all the coffee mugs, Styrofoam containers, wrenches, etc. that are laying around everywhere?
View All Quotes
Quoted:

No recycle system.

Quoted:

I wish there was a minimap. Navigating cities is a pain. I keep jumping a long distance just so I can go to a city where I know my way around and can easily find the shops. I'd also like to have a search bar when selecting destinations, so I don't have to remember which system contains a particular planet. I'm sure a wiki will be populated with that info soon enough.

All companions walk into your field of fire. I tried giving one a long-range rifle thinking he'd hang back...nope, motherfucker is doing CQB with 4ft rifle.

Quoted:
I took introvert so it's just me and my hand-cannon.

I'll probably do that next time.
Link Posted: 9/2/2023 10:04:36 PM EDT
[#35]
I took wanted and I haven't been attacked yet. My character is level 12.
Link Posted: 9/2/2023 10:18:47 PM EDT
[#36]
Y'all got your SPACE 4LOKO?

Link Posted: 9/2/2023 10:49:16 PM EDT
[#37]
I have a Starfield question. About 5 hours in. I’d rather have the robot, Vaso, follow me. But I’m stuck with Sarah. Can’t seem to dismiss her. Does anyone know how long, or what I need to do to be able to dismiss her and get Vaso to follow me?
Link Posted: 9/2/2023 10:54:22 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
I took wanted and I haven't been attacked yet. My character is level 12.
View Quote

I've been attacked three times. Twice in space and once on a planet. I'm level 17.
Link Posted: 9/2/2023 10:57:25 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
I have a Starfield question. About 5 hours in. I’d rather have the robot, Vaso, follow me. But I’m stuck with Sarah. Can’t seem to dismiss her. Does anyone know how long, or what I need to do to be able to dismiss her and get Vaso to follow me?
View Quote

Certain characters - in this case Sarah - will follow you until you complete the next major main story step. Some (all?) can then be recruited to your crew.

Once characters are recruited, you can talk to them and tell them to stop following you, or switch to have another one of your crew follow you.
Link Posted: 9/2/2023 11:05:38 PM EDT
[#40]
I've found that one of the best traits for your pack is -25% O2 consumption.

I didn't realize how restrictive the oxygen system is until I upgraded to a pack that doesn't have it anymore, then tried to run a little distance...
Link Posted: 9/3/2023 1:02:30 AM EDT
[#41]
Not over hyped at all.

Expected Skyrim/fallout in space, received Skyrim/fallout in space.
Great success.

If you were expecting something different, I'd say that's probably on you..

Having fun so far. The guns are indeed fun. Working towards a new ship right now....
Link Posted: 9/3/2023 1:12:30 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
Not over hyped at all.

Great success.

Having fun so far. The guns are indeed fun. Working towards a new ship right now....
View Quote

Keep your eyes open for the random Mantis quest.  You get some really good weapons and a free ship.
Link Posted: 9/3/2023 1:13:17 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

Keep your eyes open for the random Mantis quest.  You get some really good weapons and a free ship.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Not over hyped at all.

Great success.

That's what I'm looking for now :)
Link Posted: 9/3/2023 1:26:04 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

The part about game ccontroller or keyboard and mouse only isn't true. I use both, my controller sits on my lap while I'm on foot using keyboard and mouse and switch to controller for flying. It even switches prompts when it detects you switching to controller or vice versa. There is an option under gamplay that allows this instant switch, mine was on by default, maybe that's where people are having issues?
View Quote

Okay.  That’s good to know.  I just need a mod to come along that allows non-game controller inputs then.
Link Posted: 9/3/2023 2:39:52 AM EDT
[#45]
I can't believe they already got it pirated. Don't these people have any shame?  lol

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 9/3/2023 6:52:01 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Not over hyped at all.

Great success.

It's triggered by a note on the Spacer bodies during the first POI with Sarah.
Link Posted: 9/3/2023 10:41:14 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Not over hyped at all.

Great success.

Cool. This is the eagle ship right?
Link Posted: 9/3/2023 10:46:42 AM EDT
[#48]
I've basically spent the morning wandering around building outposts to start farming materials. I've also filled up my ship storage with junk that I need to go sell.

I've also traded Sarah for Barrett and... yeaaahhhhhh companions in this game suck. I'm going to go back to the Consternation headquarters and trade them for the robot. At least the robot doesn't sound like a complete tool when it berates me for carrying half a kilogram above my weight limit.
Link Posted: 9/3/2023 10:57:32 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

View Quote

I could be wrong, I have yet to do the Mantis quest so I'm not sure what the reward is, but the Eagle ship most refer to, is picked up on the Free Star Ranger quest line, which is a fun one and we'll worth the effort.
Link Posted: 9/3/2023 11:10:34 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

I could be wrong, I have yet to do the Mantis quest so I'm not sure what the reward is, but the Eagle ship most refer to, is picked up on the Free Star Ranger quest line, which is a fun one and we'll worth the effort.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Correct. The Mantis quest reward is the Razorleaf, which is an okay upgrade to the starter ship, but outclassed by the reward from the Ranger quest line.

The Mantis quest also rewards a really good space suit, helmet, and booster pack. It also doesn’t take nearly as long to complete as the Ranger quests.
Page / 17
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top