Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 5
Posted: 3/15/2023 11:40:50 PM EDT
Update: Went to my LGS just now. Bought a non safety optics ready for $487 out the door. Have to go through the waiting period now unfortunately. But I’m happy with it!

Thinking I might buy one. I bought two of them a little over a year ago. I have one to my dad for Father’s Day and sold the other to my old boss.

Thinking about getting another one for myself. I own Sigs, Glocks and the Springfield Hellcat. But I am missing the Shield Plus.

Who’s carrying one?
Link Posted: 3/15/2023 11:43:51 PM EDT
[#1]
Love mine. You can use Shield holsters and I think it has a pretty damn good trigger.
Link Posted: 3/15/2023 11:48:07 PM EDT
[#2]
I took my shield, 43x, and 365xL to the range a couple months ago. Easily the shield had the best groups, but I switched over to Glock a year or so ago b/c of capacity. Well after realizing again why I carried the shield for so long, I picked up a plus to give it fair shot as now it holds 13 rounds. Trigger is different but it points so naturally for me, and groups well. Found one on sale, and the 50 dollar rebate doesn't hurt either.
Link Posted: 3/15/2023 11:48:10 PM EDT
[#3]
Love mine.  Just got some of the OEM 15-round mags, which make it a really small, really slim, easy to shoot gun with G19 capacity
Link Posted: 3/15/2023 11:55:10 PM EDT
[#4]
I love mine.  It feels the same as a shield, but has significant increased capacity.  It conceals so easily.  It shoots almost like a full size pistol (or at least a FS plastic striker pistol).  

I ditched my POS 365 XL and am sooo happy to stop struggling with that thing.
Link Posted: 3/15/2023 11:56:58 PM EDT
[#5]
Anyone running an optic on theirs? I bought the optic ready version and would prefer not having to mill the rear for a Holosun. No experience with crimson trace of shield smsc red dots
Link Posted: 3/15/2023 11:58:19 PM EDT
[#6]
I have an original single stack Shield that I bought for around $250 on sale.  It seemed like a no-brainer for a quality gun for such an inexpensive price.  

I’ve never warmed up to it.  Although stubbornly reliable, its proportions seem ungainly to me.  

Maybe the Plus has a different feel, and perhaps I should handle or rent one.  

You can tell by my avatar that I don’t dislike S&W guns.
Link Posted: 3/15/2023 11:59:36 PM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Anyone running an optic on theirs? I bought the optic ready version and would prefer not having to mill the rear for a Holosun. No experience with crimson trace of shield smsc red dots
View Quote

I just received an EPS carry in the mail today, but have not yet mounted it.  It supposedly requires no modification if you use the mounting plate.  It is chinesium, but I've had nothing but good experiences with at least a half dozen HS optics.
Link Posted: 3/16/2023 12:01:52 AM EDT
[#8]
Get one. I bought mine because it fit in the old Shield holsters that I already had, and the trigger was pretty good.

After a year or two now, I don’t even want to concealed carry a full size anymore. The Shield Plus shoots exactly the same as the M&P 2.0, which is to say very well. I shoot it in IDPA and don’t feel like I’m giving up anything.

I will note that I haven’t shot any of the comparable Glocks, but I’ve put a decent number of rounds through the P365 and Hellcat, and much prefer the S&W.
Link Posted: 3/16/2023 12:02:16 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
I have an original single stack Shield that I bought for around $250 on sale.  It seemed like a no-brainer for a quality gun for such an inexpensive price.  

I’ve never warmed up to it.  Although stubbornly reliable, its proportions seem ungainly to me.  

View Quote

The plus feels pretty close to the original shield.  The grip is about 1/8" thicker, which to me feels a little better, but still very similar to the single stack.
Link Posted: 3/16/2023 12:15:14 AM EDT
[#10]
I would love to get one but then I would have no reason to keep my regular shield, and the 12 plus spare mags I’ve purchased.
Link Posted: 3/16/2023 12:16:56 AM EDT
[#11]
I’ll look at the plus more this weekend. Just need a member to ship me 13 and 15 round mags
Link Posted: 3/16/2023 12:22:19 AM EDT
[#12]
I’ve carried a Shield for years. Picked up a Shield plus and put a 507K on it. Feels better in the hand than the shield 1.0. Just got my super tuck delivered today. So I can start carrying it.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 3/16/2023 12:25:25 AM EDT
[#13]
Love my Shield plus! Now we have 3 of them so we all have magazine compatibility for concealed carry.
Also the new Smith and Wesson Equaliser mags are compatible, so 15 round mags are a thing !!
Link Posted: 3/16/2023 12:30:49 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

View Quote

easy upgrade
Link Posted: 3/16/2023 12:33:41 AM EDT
[#15]
I’m glad S&W can finally make a M&P series 9mm barrel that can group.

My MP9C is the least accurate handgun I have ever owned.
Link Posted: 3/16/2023 12:34:31 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

I just received an EPS carry in the mail today, but have not yet mounted it.  It supposedly requires no modification if you use the mounting plate.  It is chinesium, but I've had nothing but good experiences with at least a half dozen HS optics.
View Quote

I didn’t want to use a plate as it makes the sight higher. I have a 507k and 407k, they are ok, but have some obvious distortion off the center. I much prefer the dozen or so RMR’s I have but this doesn’t have a footprint for one of them. And if I want to run a 407k I would need to mill off the two rear lugs, which I kinda don’t want to do. The Eps Carry is on the list as I haven’t tried one and I hear it comes with its own plate.
Link Posted: 3/16/2023 12:37:38 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

View Quote

I can stack bullets and blow out the 10 hole in a target with my 9c. But I had a 9CORE that wouldn’t group 15 years ago. My 9c has an apex trigger if that makes and difference
Link Posted: 3/16/2023 12:41:09 AM EDT
[#18]
Freakin awesome guns.  I shoot them as well if not better than my full size ones.  I love the 15 rnd mags too.
Also you can swap the slides with the older ones.  
Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 3/16/2023 12:41:14 AM EDT
[#19]
Went from 365x to a shield plus. It's a little heavier, a little fatter, and has less capacity, but it shoots noticeably flatter and feels much better in hand, IMO.
Link Posted: 3/16/2023 12:42:55 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Freakin awesome guns.  I shoot them as well if not better than my full size ones.  I love the 15 rnd mags too.
View Quote

Are those the EZ mags?
Link Posted: 3/16/2023 12:44:00 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

Are those the EZ mags?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Are those the EZ mags?

Shield plus/EZ mags, yes. 10,13 and 15 rnders.  Collect them all.

3015890  is the sku for the 15's.
Link Posted: 3/16/2023 12:44:21 AM EDT
[#22]
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

easy upgrade
https://p1.gunbroker.com/pics/975776000/975776688/pix130559638.jpg

Wait, what? TELL ME MORE, DAMMIT!
Link Posted: 3/16/2023 12:45:55 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

easy upgrade

There's a shop on gunbroker selling stripped Plus frames.  Everything from the older ones are compatible.
Link Posted: 3/16/2023 12:51:00 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

View Quote

I’ve posted this a few times.  Trust, try one out.

A Shield Plus with a Shield Hogue grip is just fvcking awesome.

Buy the grip for cheap, borrow someone’s and try it out.  You use the Shield grip, heat it a little bit to make it more flexible & it goes on easily.

It’s just a fantastic setup & the combination is the best micro on the market, IMO.

Great trigger, fantastic ergos with the grip, accurate as hell, more natural point of aim, etc.

I liked shooting mine so much S&W had to replace the barrel after I shot it out.

I have the TC model with the fiber optic sights & the ported barrel and slide.

Not sure the porting really matters, but I do like the sights.
Link Posted: 3/16/2023 12:53:06 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
View Quote

Sig Romeo with that smaller footprint. Might be a Romeo 5..?
So far so good but..
Sig optics is run by fucktards. They market sights for a mass market but don’t offer the fucking correct screws. My response asking for the correct screws was not only..yeah, we don’t have them but they couldn’t be bothered to include the thread size…in the email and the dam screw is proprietary to that sight.
It has a stepped barrel where it goes through the sight housing.
I just happened to find a somewhat compatible set in my S&W full-size RMR pile of extras.

So far so good. I don’t hate the sight. Just worthless fucks at sig.
That was several months ago. Maybe they pulled their heads out of their backsides or a couple of after market companies offer them now..?
Link Posted: 3/16/2023 12:53:19 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

There's a shop on gunbroker selling stripped Plus frames.  Everything from the older ones are compatible.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

easy upgrade

So, everything in my Shield 1.0 will transfer over to the stripped Plus frame, including the slide?
Link Posted: 3/16/2023 1:00:41 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

So, everything in my Shield 1.0 will transfer over to the stripped Plus frame, including the slide?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

easy upgrade

yes
Link Posted: 3/16/2023 1:14:25 AM EDT
[#28]
Anyone shot one is 30 Super Carry ?
Link Posted: 3/16/2023 1:21:34 AM EDT
[#29]
Shield plus, only gun I carry (or feel the need to).  Mine has a TLR6 laser/light on it, and a holster made for that light/laser (TRex sidecar, I just take off the spare mag attachment when I don't want to carry the whole holster).  And I'm a .45 guy, but I can't beat this package.  Next will be a red dot, but since it came with night sights, I'm cool waiting on that.

Only thing I don't like is the mag follower on the S&W double stack 13 rd mags likes to get get stuck tilted limiting it to 11 or 12 rounds max (plus one in the chamber).  Anyone run into this and an easy fix?  I found a few fixes online but I've tried them and none of them worked.
Link Posted: 3/16/2023 1:48:22 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
Anyone shot one is 30 Super Carry ?
View Quote

Yes, it has about the same amount of snappy recoil if not a little bit less. Groups are about the same if not slightly larger vs 9mm plus.
Only thing I'm not fond of is reloading tight mags to capacity with the smaller casing which really pinches the fingers unless loaded with a mag loader tool.

I like the plus series, feels great in the hand with nice texturing, and the trigger has little overtravel and a predictable crisp break, especially the PC versions.

Mags need to be broken in because of stiff springs and rear most spring stacking under the follower skirt, fixed with a little bevel added or hit/miss with just lots of use.

Seen a few have issues with the pins in the trigger shoe drift out a bit which was fixed after a return to the mothership @ S&W.
Link Posted: 3/16/2023 1:53:05 AM EDT
[#31]
Smith currently had a $50 rebate on the shield plus.
Link Posted: 3/16/2023 1:54:25 AM EDT
[#32]
I have one and love it. Great trigger and very accurate.
Link Posted: 3/16/2023 2:24:02 AM EDT
[#33]
Huge Fan!

Great shooter & excellent carry size makes it a you won't leave it at home pistol!

Bigger_Hammer
Link Posted: 3/16/2023 2:48:56 AM EDT
[#34]

Where did you pick that up, and what was involved in swapping everything over?
Link Posted: 3/16/2023 2:56:04 AM EDT
[#35]
I own 3 that rotate between car, training & EDC.
Shield Plus OR w/night sights, 4x13rd mags & 1x10rd mag at a great price: Shield Plus OR Bundle
Link Posted: 3/16/2023 3:02:18 AM EDT
[#36]
GunBroker.com

Item 975776688

Hope this helps!

Bigger_Hammer
Link Posted: 3/16/2023 8:31:25 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

I can stack bullets and blow out the 10 hole in a target with my 9c. But I had a 9CORE that wouldn’t group 15 years ago. My 9c has an apex trigger if that makes and difference
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I even changed the barrel in mine to the dimpled 1:10 updated factory barrel. That improved it slightly. Now it will shoot 6” groups with its preferred 147Gn.  115Gn is 8” groups. Perhaps I got one of the warped slides from the early melonite process.
Link Posted: 3/16/2023 8:39:17 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

View Quote

GB sellers sell stripped or complete Shield Plus frames. Shield 1.0 and 2.0 slide assemblies and internals can be swapped in.

https://www.ar15.com/forums/Handguns/GB-seller-has-stripped-MandP-2-0-Shield-Plus-frames-upgrade-a-Shield-to-a-Shield-Plus-/16-207443/

1.0 slide on Plus frame (13+1 capacity)
Attachment Attached File

There's a YouTube video on how to modify the magazine followers to achieve full capacity.
Link Posted: 3/16/2023 8:44:07 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

I’ve posted this a few times.  Trust, try one out.

A Shield Plus with a Shield Hogue grip is just fvcking awesome.

Buy the grip for cheap, borrow someone’s and try it out.  You use the Shield grip, heat it a little bit to make it more flexible & it goes on easily.

It’s just a fantastic setup & the combination is the best micro on the market, IMO.

Great trigger, fantastic ergos with the grip, accurate as hell, more natural point of aim, etc.

I liked shooting mine so much S&W had to replace the barrel after I shot it out.

I have the TC model with the fiber optic sights & the ported barrel and slide.

Not sure the porting really matters, but I do like the sights.
View Quote

You shot out a pistol barrel in 2 years?
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 3/16/2023 8:51:30 AM EDT
[#40]
Love mine. EDC.
Link Posted: 3/16/2023 9:15:50 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
I’ll look at the plus more this weekend. Just need a member to ship me 13 and 15 round mags
View Quote

Is interstate travel still allowed there?

You will like the Shield.
Link Posted: 3/16/2023 10:10:47 AM EDT
[#42]
Can't wait until that Springfield, MA roll mark comes off slide, replaced by a Tennessee roll mark.  Even though I am good in the Shield department, I'll get one then just because
Link Posted: 3/16/2023 10:15:57 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
Love mine. You can use Shield holsters and I think it has a pretty damn good trigger.
View Quote

You should shoot one with an ATEi sear and trigger job….
Link Posted: 3/16/2023 10:24:41 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
I would love to get one but then I would have no reason to keep my regular shield, and the 12 plus spare mags I’ve purchased.
View Quote

There's something to be said for flat mags. I'm more likely to stick a couple flat mags in my pocket if I'm leaving the house in a hurry.
Link Posted: 3/16/2023 10:26:14 AM EDT
[#45]
I have one and I love it. Prices have went down and make it a great value too. Also you can get 15 round magazines now.
Link Posted: 3/16/2023 10:31:39 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

View Quote

I swapped uppers from my plus to my 1.0 and with complete slide, everything fits, feeds, fires and chambers. Don't see a reason to swap slides with my 1.0 as my plus is optic ready and rather the 13 rounds.

Also I have 2 comptac holsters (ctac and infidel ultra) for the 1.0 and the plus slides right in, but needed to loosen the screw ever so slightly. Doesn't give you a positive "click" like it does with the 1.0 though.
Link Posted: 3/16/2023 10:32:17 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
Smith currently had a $50 rebate on the shield plus.
View Quote

It comes in quick too. Think it took less than a month.
Link Posted: 3/16/2023 10:37:16 AM EDT
[#48]
Attachment Attached File

I changed up my EDC from my old LCS9 Pro to the Shield Plus, and have been incredibly happy with it.

I imagine you will be happy with it too.
Link Posted: 3/16/2023 10:40:28 AM EDT
[#49]
I probably ccw the Shield plus more than any other.

I sent the slide off last week to be milled for an optic.
Link Posted: 3/16/2023 10:40:39 AM EDT
[#50]
The Shield Plus is the best of the Shield options in my opinion and is what I now carry. It is hard to beat the size,accuracy and capacity compared to other brands.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 5
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top