Page / 13
Link Posted: 10/31/2021 11:04:24 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
 I just want to do it the right way.
View Quote

You are.

Not taking 95% of the advice from this forum was a great start.
Link Posted: 10/31/2021 11:05:57 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
So I took the kids to a park (remote & quiet) to get some autumn photos when I see our assistant pastor sitting alone in his minivan.

I wanted privacy so we avoided contact with preacher man... Then along comes my buddy's wife and she plops down in Bible boy's car after hugs and kisses.

I could see nasty stuff going on in the minivan.  Had the camera so I took some photos as they said their goodbyes. Just hugs and a kiss.

Normally I mind my own business but I think this guy is a total predator.  My Friend's wife has been going through major bout of post-partum and she's a total train wreck right now.  Clearly mentally fragile.

I've asked for a meeting with church leadership.  Not sure if I should tell my friend yet.  Having mixed feelings about not confronting them in the car...

Could use some advice here.

Doesn't sound like much of a leader

View Quote
Link Posted: 10/31/2021 11:06:40 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

You know that old story about the emperor and the clothes? You should read that.
View Quote

One of these threads popped up a while back. Same thing: cheating spouses and the usual 'what if'.  What does someone do if they suspected somebody is cheating somewhere.

So some poster here had a cheating father about 30 (?) years ago.  Nobody outside the couple knew but the poster happened to find evidence after the fact.  After the confrontation where father had to been given the ultimatum to come clean,so he did. The parents divorced, the family became divided, the in-laws combative, financial ruin, etc.  This was all after the fact.   Up until that point, life was good.  Maybe the father had repented, and lived with the regret.  

So tell me: who was the fucking winner here?

Plus I love the white knighting and hypocrisy here.  Just based on what the OP said, everyone assumes it's the pastors fault. Seems like the woman is given a pass because of 'postpartum depression'.
Link Posted: 10/31/2021 11:07:14 AM EDT
[#4]
Maybe your buddy was in the back seat.....they have documentaries on that sort of thing.
Link Posted: 10/31/2021 11:07:58 AM EDT
[#5]
If this is your good buddy, then "bros before hoes".

I have several rules when it comes to my church.  Rule #1 is always confess to God, never to a priest. That's how they gain leverage over their parishioners that leads to sexual abuse.
Link Posted: 10/31/2021 11:11:21 AM EDT
[#6]
Church leadership and your friend definitely need to know ASAP
Link Posted: 10/31/2021 11:14:51 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
I think it is important for people to know that predators like this find their way into our churches, schools, inner circle of friends, etc. so they can prey on people when they are vulnerable.  Someone has to shine the light on them.  This time it's my turn.  I just want to do it the right way.
View Quote

Pay attention, folks: This is an object lesson in being a man.

Rock on, OP. I wouldn't wish this on my worst enemy but I admire your determination to handle it.
Link Posted: 10/31/2021 11:18:29 AM EDT
[#8]
Stay the fuck out of it. I know it sucks but it is truly none of your business and you shouldnt get wrapped up in it.
Link Posted: 10/31/2021 11:19:57 AM EDT
[#9]
Oh, how amazing this could be!  Wait for a sermon on the sanctity of marriage, then quietly pass out your pictures amongst the congregation.
Link Posted: 10/31/2021 11:22:01 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

He didn’t destroy any lives.

The two married people cheating did.  

You wouldn’t want to know your wife was having an affair?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Well that sucks OP.

I have been in that position and its no fun.

New church secretary comes on board, some of the women members of the church made the comments ya this could lead to problems if theres not a 3rd person here in the office during the week. Normally the preacher was in the office alone during the week or his wife would be there.

Things went well for awhile.

I had seen them in his car, he had tinted windows but you could still see the people in the car, the passenger was a female and was slumped way low in the passenger seat, I thought it might have been his daughter at first glance but when I did a second look as I waved I could see it was not her, ok nothing out of the ordinary as he did give folks rides to the store or doctors office at times.

2nd time was pretty obvious what was going on. I saw his car at a motel towards the edge of town, and him standing in front of one of rooms knocking on the door. at first I did not think too much of it, then the door opened and it was the church secretary, they hugged and kissed. oh shit

Now I really struggled with this, I knew it was wrong of course, both parties were married with kids.

I ended up going to one of the elders, we had two, him being the oldest, and told him what I saw. The look he gave me, shit. His reply and tone changed from a light hearted to a very serious one, 1shott he said, thats a serious statement to make about a preacher and also a friend.

Then the grilling, dates, times, any other witnesses, I mean I get it, but in retrospect I felt like I was being accused of lying. He said not to mention it to anyone, he would get with the other elder and they would handle it.

In the end everything was exposed, the church split, some accused me of lying and trying to destroy gods work, others just chose to distance themselves, some still at least spoke to me.

He stepped down, after he was caught and confronted, him and his wife tried to make it work but divorced, the kids were torn up.

The secretary and her husband stayed together but left the church, well she did, he did not attend.

As I said the church split, and after a few years of theft by the "new leadership" of church funds and property the church just dried up and blew away.

All of that is for anther thread.

Did I do the right thing by speaking up, well I believe I did, but for awhile there I was really 2nd guessing myself.

Yep, you destroyed a lot of lives.  Lot of collateral damage there.  Not sure what you accomplished.

He didn’t destroy any lives.

The two married people cheating did.  

You wouldn’t want to know your wife was having an affair?

Nor can that guy be allowed to remain in position of pastor.
Link Posted: 10/31/2021 11:24:06 AM EDT
[#11]
I will say this. If you don't out this asshole publicly, he will just move on to another church as if nothing happened. The church will protect him. They have a shortage of pastors in all denominations.
Link Posted: 10/31/2021 11:24:13 AM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 10/31/2021 11:24:31 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

Address to park?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
So I took the kids to a park (remote & quiet) to get some autumn photos when I see our assistant pastor sitting alone in his minivan.

I wanted privacy so we avoided contact with preacher man... Then along comes my buddy's wife and she plops down in Bible boy's car after hugs and kisses.

I could see nasty stuff going on in the minivan.  Had the camera so I took some photos as they said their goodbyes. Just hugs and a kiss.

Normally I mind my own business but I think this guy is a total predator.  My Friend's wife has been going through major bout of post-partum and she's a total train wreck right now.  Clearly mentally fragile.

I've asked for a meeting with church leadership.  Not sure if I should tell my friend yet.  Having mixed feelings about not confronting them in the car...

Address to park?

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 10/31/2021 11:25:04 AM EDT
[#14]
Burn the preacher. Let your friend do what is best for him. Burn the preacher HARD.
Link Posted: 10/31/2021 11:26:45 AM EDT
[#15]
Use the pictures to leverage a blowjob from the church leader while your buddies wife watches.  Have the buddy record the action from an unseen vantage point to show at church later.  Everyone wins….I think.
Link Posted: 10/31/2021 11:27:14 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
I haven't read past page 3 but thanks to those who have offered great advice.  

Ok, here's the update:

My friend and his wife had separated a few weeks ago because her erratic behavior was affecting the children.  He also has sort of given up on his marriage but is hoping his wife will finally agree to get mental health care for the post-partum thing from appropriate doctors.  He told me he's mentally ready to move on in his life without the wife.  He was aware that "bible boy" was going to counsel his wife.  He saw that as a step in the right direction for her.

I showed him the photos and he was shocked to see that they were meeting at a remote location... in the guys van... alone.  But he took it very well.  

He went on to say that when he met with this very same guy last week, he demanded that they meet at the church and their conversation would be recorded for legal reasons and  "safety against impropriety".   We both came to the conclusion that "Mr. Holy Hypocrite" is likely "grooming" his poor wife for his own deviant purposes.

He agreed that I should keep my meeting with church elders.  He also asked that I not share what I saw with anyone else (so there won't be photos guys).  As for me, I haven't even mentioned this to my wife.  I only asked one trusted church elder for a meeting with at least two church leaders.

So... I hope to remain anonymous on this site so please don't ARock me.

Anyway, for those of you who think the details of impropriety are important; I don't think "Van Man" convinced the woman to "do the sex" in the van but there was certainly kissing and petting going on.

I fully expect the creepy church guy to lie about what was going on yesterday.  I have photos to support the fact that they were together.... I do not have clear photos of them making out in the car.  

I have mixed feelings about doing more updates here. But I've read some really great advice on this thread and think others might benefit from that advice as I have.

I think it is important for people to know that predators like this find their way into our churches, schools, inner circle of friends, etc. so they can prey on people when they are vulnerable.  Someone has to shine the light on them.  This time it's my turn.  I just want to do it the right way.
View Quote

Please update with what details you are comfortable sharing after the meeting with the elders.  
Link Posted: 10/31/2021 11:27:24 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Use the pictures to leverage a blowjob from the church leader while your buddies wife watches.  Have the buddy record the action from an unseen vantage point to show at church later.  Everyone wins….I think.
View Quote

Live stream the event
Link Posted: 10/31/2021 11:28:42 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Got a theoretical for you to ponder.

You tell your Buddy, he then kills one or both.
They're dead, he's a lifer in prison.

How do you cope?

Not advice, I'm not qualified.
View Quote
I would sleep like a fucking baby in this case. This is totally not on me that guy decides to do something irrational. It's on the pastor and the wife.
Link Posted: 10/31/2021 11:28:45 AM EDT
[#19]
I just don't get it.... The Church is for sinners and the righteous don't need any.  The blood of Christ belongs in the body of the Church.  I have yet to meet any Pastor without sin.  Tell the buddy and confront the AP with the pastor and the leadership of the church.  Family affairs have always been messy even church family. Preying on the flock must have consequences.
Link Posted: 10/31/2021 11:29:16 AM EDT
[#20]
Tell your friend first. Let him get his affairs in order so he has the drop for the ejection. Let your friend decide when to go public / inform the abuser of power / slut. Once its public then smear those pieces of shit for what they are.
Link Posted: 10/31/2021 11:32:19 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

Yep, you destroyed a lot of lives.  Lot of collateral damage there.  Not sure what you accomplished.
View Quote

Pretty easy to pick out the folks with a loose moral code in this thread.
Link Posted: 10/31/2021 11:33:57 AM EDT
[#22]
Thanks for the update op. I can't wait to hear how the meeting with the elders goes.
Link Posted: 10/31/2021 11:36:22 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Well, he's officially forfeited his calling to serve as a church leader. Scripturely speaking.
View Quote

This. Let your friend know immediately. Also bring it up to your senior church leaders and elders.
Link Posted: 10/31/2021 11:37:41 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

View Quote

Sounds like you are doing it right. As for telling your buddy, I don't know that I would-if she's a post-partum wreck, it's possibly a temporary problem that could fuck up the kid's lives permanently over a minor transgression.

Then again, if she has time to be out riding the dick carousel, she has the freedom to get her head right without fucking around on her husband. Pretty sure the church is going to push for not doing anything that destroys the family unit and the preacher will be invited to pursue another congregation where he'll find another vulnerable wife.
Link Posted: 10/31/2021 11:38:42 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Confront “pastor” with pics tomorrow immediately before the service.

I fucking HATE hypocrites
View Quote

No, Church leadership to include the Deacons first. No reason to confront the assistant pastor.

Link Posted: 10/31/2021 11:40:25 AM EDT
[#26]
Tell your friend right now.
Link Posted: 10/31/2021 11:50:50 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Stay the fuck out of it. I know it sucks but it is truly none of your business and you shouldnt get wrapped up in it.
View Quote

I think some people in thread can't tell that letting someone know his wife is cheating in him and letting church leadership know they have a predator on staff is a bit different than "getting wrapped up in it".

How the hell do some of you people live with yourselves? Oh, he'll be called a snitch! Oh, people will remember! I'd much rather be known as a snitch to a friend than the asshole who knew his wife was cheating on him and said nothing. W.T.F.

Some of you guys really have some shit ethics.
Link Posted: 10/31/2021 11:51:14 AM EDT
[#28]
One of my dad’s old sayings was “It’s hotter than a preachers dick”.  This is nothing new
Link Posted: 10/31/2021 11:58:54 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
MYOB as it's a lose-lose.

You won't have your friend any longer because since you snitched you will only remind him of the infidelity when he sees you.

You will also be known as a snitch for the rest of your life and no body will confide in or trust you when you are found out and you will be.

Nobody likes a snitch and it follows you around too.

No shits given about some church, find another with more reputable people running it.
View Quote

A true friend will bring you bad news, regardless of the possible consequences to the friendship, because they care.  I expect nothing less from them.  That's how loyalty and trust are earned and kept.  Letting something as horrible is infidelity pass because the friend is worried about being labeled a 'snitch' means that person isn't really a friend anyhow.
Link Posted: 10/31/2021 11:59:55 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
I just don't get it.... The Church is for sinners and the righteous don't need any.  The blood of Christ belongs in the body of the Church.  I have yet to meet any Pastor without sin.  Tell the buddy and confront the AP with the pastor and the leadership of the church.  Family affairs have always been messy even church family. Preying on the flock must have consequences.
View Quote

found the Nice-Guy Church Leader.

Pro-Tip:  "I have yet to meet anyone without sin" doesn't excuse a pastor misusing his position for personal gain.
Link Posted: 10/31/2021 12:02:18 PM EDT
[#31]
Bunch of modern day Pharisees up in here...

So when they continued asking him, he lifted up himself, and said unto them, He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone at her.
John:8:7

Link Posted: 10/31/2021 12:03:57 PM EDT
[#32]
Sunlight is the best disinfectant.
Link Posted: 10/31/2021 12:04:36 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

View Quote

He rooted out an evil sin.  That's a pretty good accomplishment.  The destroyed lives were the result of the people who committed that sin.
Link Posted: 10/31/2021 12:05:51 PM EDT
[#34]
I'm confused. OP saw them doing nasty stuff, but didn't intervene, now wants to do the "right" thing after the time for doing the right thing has passed. Comes to GD for advice.

Link Posted: 10/31/2021 12:06:36 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

He rooted out an evil sin.  That's a pretty good accomplishment.  The destroyed lives were the result of the people who committed that sin.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

He watched it happen and did nothing.
Link Posted: 10/31/2021 12:07:54 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

So when they continued asking him, he lifted up himself, and said unto them, He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone at her.

View Quote

Are we going to play the cutesy verse out of context game?

What about Paul's letter to the church in Corinth that was pretty black and white in telling them to knock it off with the sport fucking if they wanted to be Christians?
Link Posted: 10/31/2021 12:08:18 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

One of these threads popped up a while back. Same thing: cheating spouses and the usual 'what if'.  What does someone do if they suspected somebody is cheating somewhere.
Snip

Plus I love the white knighting and hypocrisy here.  Just based on what the OP said, everyone assumes it's the pastors fault. Seems like the woman is given a pass because of 'postpartum depression'.
View Quote
As a pastor, I learned a long time ago not to meet alone with needy women. I have too many Pastor friends who've been brought down by women who were going through rough times.

I don't care what the woman did toward the pastor, as a pastor you never put yourself in the position to where you can succumb to temptation. The Bible very  clearly lays out that a pastor is to be above reproach. It's obvious that this encounter was planned, so this is all on the man who was supposed to be a spiritual leader. He must be removed from the position and never hold the position again.
Link Posted: 10/31/2021 12:10:03 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
You must be some low self control type of men. Because my dick has never unexpectedly ended up anywhere I WASN'T PLANNING on putting it. If you "might" cheat on your wife, then you "want to" cheat on your wife. Cheating doesn't "accidentally" happen.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Explain this "chance of fucking around"?
When I'm at the store? Softball practice? The park? Church?
When does this apply?

I can answer that. It occurs when you're alone with a woman who isn't your wife/daughter/mom/sister.

Be careful with it.
Exactly.  It's a situation that invites/promotes temptation.
You must be some low self control type of men. Because my dick has never unexpectedly ended up anywhere I WASN'T PLANNING on putting it. If you "might" cheat on your wife, then you "want to" cheat on your wife. Cheating doesn't "accidentally" happen.

I hate when people give bad advice like yours. I always wonder the motivation of people like you.
Link Posted: 10/31/2021 12:10:27 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
Tell your friend. Show the photos. Offer any alibi he needs.

Then, show the photos in the middle of pastor's next service. (On the big screen.)

All this after telling pastor that $10,000 and you'll destroy the negatives. (Give that money to friend for divorce lawyer fees.)

And, yeah, if there's a leadership group over the pastor, meet with them, with a witness, and ask what they're going to do.
View Quote

Plotting to commit extortion is not a good idea.  Meeting with the church elders to give them an opportunity to do the right thing is the best course of action.  If they try to cover it up, then the pictures become the handout at next weeks' services.
Link Posted: 10/31/2021 12:13:04 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

Ok, here's the update:

My friend and his wife had separated a few weeks ago because her erratic behavior was affecting the children.  He also has sort of given up on his marriage but is hoping his wife will finally agree to get mental health care for the post-partum thing from appropriate doctors.  He told me he's mentally ready to move on in his life without the wife.  He was aware that "bible boy" was going to counsel his wife.  He saw that as a step in the right direction for her.

I showed him the photos and he was shocked to see that they were meeting at a remote location... in the guys van... alone.  But he took it very well.  

He went on to say that when he met with this very same guy last week, he demanded that they meet at the church and their conversation would be recorded for legal reasons and  "safety against impropriety".   We both came to the conclusion that "Mr. Holy Hypocrite" is likely "grooming" his poor wife for his own deviant purposes.

He agreed that I should keep my meeting with church elders.  He also asked that I not share what I saw with anyone else (so there won't be photos guys).  As for me, I haven't even mentioned this to my wife.  I only asked one trusted church elder for a meeting with at least two church leaders.

Anyway, for those of you who think the details of impropriety are important; I don't think "Van Man" convinced the woman to "do the sex" in the van but there was certainly kissing and petting going on.

I fully expect the creepy church guy to lie about what was going on yesterday.  I have photos to support the fact that they were together.... I do not have clear photos of them making out in the car.  

I have mixed feelings about doing more updates here. But I've read some really great advice on this thread and think others might benefit from that advice as I have.

View Quote
You did well sir. I was concerned that this pastor was probably doing counseling with the troubled wife and family. He has unfortunately damaged many families in his desire for more power and sex. I hope your church leadership does the right thing and disciplines this wolf in sheep's clothing. Feel free to call if you need or want to talk.
Link Posted: 10/31/2021 12:16:48 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

Are we going to play the cutesy verse out of context game?

What about Paul's letter to the church in Corinth that was pretty black and white in telling them to knock it off with the sport fucking if they wanted to be Christians?
View Quote

What part of that is out of context?

It’s pretty clear to me what Jesus was teaching us.
None of us are without sin. Is her sin greater than yours?

Link Posted: 10/31/2021 12:17:53 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

Ok, here's the update:

View Quote
Sounds like Ben Zobrist's pastor that was nailing his wife while counseling them.
Link Posted: 10/31/2021 12:17:55 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

View Quote

Obviously you know little about the Bible and are just tossing out a verse that has nothing to do with someone in a leadership position of the church acting inappropriately.

My Dad got booted [and about 250 other left because of it] because he called out the Pastor for inappropriate behavior as was correct as he was a Deacon. Pastor stayed and the Church was almost destroyed before he [pastor] was finally booted out for what he was doing. It still took over a decade for that Church to do much besides limp along.

NOT calling out Deviant church leadership got what there is in many churches now, LBGT and shills who do nothing but destroy the Church from within and preach nothing that is rooted in Gods word.

Timothy 5:19-20.

I would say that having photo evidence would count as an additional witness.
Link Posted: 10/31/2021 12:19:27 PM EDT
[#44]
Link Posted: 10/31/2021 12:20:37 PM EDT
[#45]
Link Posted: 10/31/2021 12:20:44 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

View Quote

He destroyed nothing. He exposed the wrongdoing of others, one of whom holds a position of moral authority over a group of people, making that wrongdoing much worse. The blame for “destroyed lives” and “collateral damage” rests with the adulterers alone.

What he accomplished is he informed the victims of the infidelity, which allows the betrayed spouses to free themselves from unfaithful marriages, and the church to free itself of poor leadership.
Link Posted: 10/31/2021 12:20:59 PM EDT
[#47]
How would you want your friend to handle it if it was your wife with the pastor?
Handle it that way.
Link Posted: 10/31/2021 12:21:44 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
Tell your friend first. Let him get his affairs in order so he has the drop for the ejection. Let your friend decide when to go public / inform the abuser of power / slut. Once its public then smear those pieces of shit for what they are.
View Quote

This
Link Posted: 10/31/2021 12:23:15 PM EDT
[#49]
Deleted

Link Posted: 10/31/2021 12:24:42 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

I hate when people give bad advice like yours. I always wonder the motivation of people like you.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Explain this "chance of fucking around"?
When I'm at the store? Softball practice? The park? Church?
When does this apply?

I can answer that. It occurs when you're alone with a woman who isn't your wife/daughter/mom/sister.

Be careful with it.
Exactly.  It's a situation that invites/promotes temptation.

He's right though. Using temptation as an excuse is weak sauce faggotry and an excuse for not practicing self control. It's an excuse for a consciously-made choice.
Page / 13
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top