Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 22
Link Posted: 12/20/2018 8:34:04 PM EDT
[#1]
I refused to vote in the last presidential election because I saw this coming and I'm tired of settling for the lesser evil. I really hope Mattis runs for president in 2020 because I will vote for him in a heartbeat.

(Haters gonna hate.)
Link Posted: 12/20/2018 8:35:25 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
The Marine Corps tested the crap out of that idea and concluded it was a bad idea.

Doable.  But bad.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

https://taskandpurpose.com/mattis-female-infantry-combat-2/

Basically, his position is that there are too few women in infantry to make a proper assessment. More are needed to see if it's a good thing or a bad thing.

The Marine Corps tested the crap out of that idea and concluded it was a bad idea.

Doable.  But bad.
Yep.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 12/20/2018 8:35:40 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Yeah, fuck them - only losers need allies, amirite?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Oh, and that letter says we need allies and such. Sounds like new world order. Bring them all home now. Even GD knows this.
Yeah, fuck them - only losers need allies, amirite?
Taxation is theft. Fuck the globalists and their new world order. Fuck soros
Link Posted: 12/20/2018 8:35:41 PM EDT
[#4]
Fuck Mattis. Hit the bricks faggot.

Maybe now he can go crawl into Obama’s lap like a good pet.
Link Posted: 12/20/2018 8:36:19 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Damn
View Quote
Mattis sold President Trump on staying in Afghanistan and that there would be improvements. There was none, President Trump decided he would not buy into a permanent Syria deployment. Mattis side with the forever deployment crowd.
Link Posted: 12/20/2018 8:36:22 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Cabinet members regularly come and go, this is normal unless the MSM thinks your "Literally Hitler" and sensationalizes everything.

Though I would side with Mattis over Trump in most maters of international intervention and occupation...
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
The wheels are coming off the Trump train. I’m officially off of it, but I’ll still vote for him against a democrat in 2020, if he makes it that far....
Cabinet members regularly come and go, this is normal unless the MSM thinks your "Literally Hitler" and sensationalizes everything.

Though I would side with Mattis over Trump in most maters of international intervention and occupation...
No, this is not normal.
Link Posted: 12/20/2018 8:36:25 PM EDT
[#7]
How many trannies are there in the US armed forces?  How many trannies are impeding the ability of the armed forces to do its job?
Link Posted: 12/20/2018 8:37:08 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Yeah surrendering the world to Russia, china, Iran, etc. What could go wrong?

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Read the letter.

He says in no uncertain terms why he resigned, and how his beliefs were at odds with the ideas and actions of the President.

Trump is a fool.
lol no normal person is upset with Trump bringing the troops home. It's all DC think tanks, career military, politicians and pundits that are flipping out.
Yeah surrendering the world to Russia, china, Iran, etc. What could go wrong?

Neocons could have heard attacks. Oh well
Link Posted: 12/20/2018 8:37:56 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
I'll sure he will be replaced with some anti gun retard.
View Quote
Basically Mattis.
Link Posted: 12/20/2018 8:38:10 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

View Quote
Well, that's retarded.

The man has done more for this country than 99.999% of it's residents. You may not agree with him on everything, I don't either, but he is due some respect.
Link Posted: 12/20/2018 8:38:15 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

View Quote
You DO realize that he was fired by Obama?

He spoke truth to power and was fired for it.
Link Posted: 12/20/2018 8:38:36 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

MadDog 2020

"When you absolutely, positively, have to kill every motherfucker in the room"
View Quote
Matt is thinks Global Warming is a thing.
Link Posted: 12/20/2018 8:38:57 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
If the dnizens of Sand Land want to slice each other into tiny bits I don’t really care. We’re been at war in that part of the world since I was in 3rd grade.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Stephen Miller just basically said that Isis isn't our enemy and we shouldn't have to fight them.
If the dnizens of Sand Land want to slice each other into tiny bits I don’t really care. We’re been at war in that part of the world since I was in 3rd grade.
No blood for oil right? Don't you have a hippy protest to go to?

Oil is kind of important you know.
Link Posted: 12/20/2018 8:39:24 PM EDT
[#14]
The crown jewel of Trump’s cabinet is leaving.

Bump stock ban, no wall, 10b in aid to South America and Mexico, unhinged Twitter rants, the economy is cooling fast, etc

2020 is looking bleak.
Link Posted: 12/20/2018 8:39:48 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

We should have closed our base in Turkey after the coup attempt. Turkey is no longer a trusted allie They have not done shit since Korea.
View Quote
Bingo!
Link Posted: 12/20/2018 8:40:03 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
How many trannies are there in the US armed forces?  How many trannies are impeding the ability of the armed forces to do its job?
View Quote
Probably the same amount as during “don’t ask don’t tell “ always some undercover pole smokers and turd burglars hiding
Link Posted: 12/20/2018 8:40:25 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

It's because the anti Trump threads draw the shills and DU trolls like moths to a flame.  Most on GD just skip past this crap because they know it's going to be dominated by the resistance.

I like the Mattis persona, but in practice he was / is a Globalist and supported the SJW crap.  Trump allowed it because he could up until a point.  Now it's time to go full bore MAGA and it's not worth having Mattis dragging his heels at every move.

Get out of Syria, Get out of Afghanistan, put the diplomatic hammer down on Iran, use the Military to secure our southern border.  All things Mattis was not on board with.
View Quote
Diplomatic on Iran? Please describe
Link Posted: 12/20/2018 8:40:32 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
I refused to vote in the last presidential election because I saw this coming and I'm tired of settling for the lesser evil. I really hope Mattis runs for president in 2020 because I will vote for him in a heartbeat.

(Haters gonna hate.)
View Quote
Because Trannies in the .mil and women in infantry is cool.
Link Posted: 12/20/2018 8:40:39 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Your name calling and childish behavior says a lot more about you than it does me. Insulting me, accusing me of being a traitor to the country I serve, being a liar and/or lazy. You really got me figured out there, hoss.

Why don't you do yourself a favor and take a break from reading things you disagree with for awhile?

I do my own research and you have no idea what I know, who I am or where I am from.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

A. You are a propagandist.
B. You are stupid.
C. You have such an axe to grind that you knowingly push BS.
D. You have such an axe to grind as to be intellectually lazy.
Your name calling and childish behavior says a lot more about you than it does me. Insulting me, accusing me of being a traitor to the country I serve, being a liar and/or lazy. You really got me figured out there, hoss.

Why don't you do yourself a favor and take a break from reading things you disagree with for awhile?

I do my own research and you have no idea what I know, who I am or where I am from.
I admit I came off the top rail to infer you are a propagandist puppet it was done in satire and for that, if it offended, I apologize.

But the fact that your accertations are bullshit remain and this can be established via simple research. Adnani’s statement in 2014 reminding Iran of their agreement to cooperate is a good example along with reference to Iran’s support to the organization prior to being renamed ISIS.

Who is Adnani? Or add ‘Abu Dua’ to your search results.

What was ISIS prior to being ISIS? (I’ll give you a clue, drop one letter.).
Link Posted: 12/20/2018 8:40:46 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
The crown jewel of Trump's cabinet is leaving.

Bump stock ban, no wall, 10b in aid to South America and Mexico, unhinged Twitter rants, the economy is cooling fast, etc

2020 is looking bleak.
View Quote
Yup. He was the last thing that Trump really had left.

And a point I made months ago. If Mattis was fired or resigned, that was the end for me.
Link Posted: 12/20/2018 8:40:57 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
So Bolton, Mattis and those against aren’t in the know?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
He wouldn't have made that call without a massive intel briefing by those who are in the know. Something else is going on behind the scenes and I'm sure some back channel deals were made that we will be hearing about later on.
I think that it's obvious now that they didn't have a plan. They didn't have any realistic objectives but they didn't want to leave either, and when Turkey said that it wasn't going to tolerate a Kurdish state on its borders none of Trump's advisers had a solution.
Link Posted: 12/20/2018 8:42:26 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

Matt is thinks Global Warming is a thing.
View Quote
so he has a brain, good.
Link Posted: 12/20/2018 8:42:26 PM EDT
[#23]
Big difference between retiring and resigning
Link Posted: 12/20/2018 8:42:32 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Probably the same amount as during “don’t ask don’t tell “ always some undercover pole smokers and turd burglars hiding
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
And they were required to keep their sexual preferences out of the mission, preserving unit cohesion. One of the few things that Clinton got right.

Now it's a different story, and is the military better for it?
Link Posted: 12/20/2018 8:44:46 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Good points can be made against our going into Iraq in 2003.  So let’s say that it was 100% a mistake.

That doesn’t mean that Obama’s sudden and precipitous withdrawal was a good idea.

Trumps decision is just as bad.

Our small footprint in Syria is part of a much larger strategy that is all about NOT being bogged down.  Maintaining strong alliances is about having THEIR troops near the burden.

Mattis is right.  Trump is wrong.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Read the letter.

He says in no uncertain terms why he resigned, and how his beliefs were at odds with the ideas and actions of the President.

Trump is a fool for ignoring Mattis.
Is Mattis infallible or is he right? What if the majority of the US disagrees with him?
No man is infallible.

But I don't care if the majority of the US disagrees with him.  Most people are idiots.
Fair point.

Im reasonably sure I'm not an idiot and I don't believe we need to be in Syria, so I disagree with him. I respect his service and accomplishments but I haven't seen an explanation of why we need to be there.

At least I haven't seen an explanation with an actionable end state.
Good points can be made against our going into Iraq in 2003.  So let’s say that it was 100% a mistake.

That doesn’t mean that Obama’s sudden and precipitous withdrawal was a good idea.

Our small footprint in Syria is part of a much larger strategy that is all about NOT being bogged down.  Maintaining strong alliances is about having THEIR troops near the burden.

So what was Mattis' plan to stabilize Syria, protect the Kurds and not lock US troops in Syria for 5-10 years?
Link Posted: 12/20/2018 8:45:39 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Stephen Miller just basically said that Isis isn't our enemy and we shouldn't have to fight them.
If the dnizens of Sand Land want to slice each other into tiny bits I don't really care. We're been at war in that part of the world since I was in 3rd grade.

I would add that the denizens of "Sand Land" aren't going to be content slicing each other up. ISIS' stated goal is to destroy Western civilization and kill us all.

Can they do it? No.

Can they do a lot of damage? If we let them regroup the can.
Link Posted: 12/20/2018 8:45:54 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Good. Mattis didn’t do shit to end the blatant SJW policies within the DoD.
View Quote
This. As a Marine I am good with his departure.
Link Posted: 12/20/2018 8:46:00 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
For those of you who don't know why we have troops in Syria, please refresh your memories.

ISIS started in Syria. They used the Syrian civil war as an opportunity to grow in strength and seize territory for their caliphate. When the US pulled out of Iraq, they struck (exactly as Bush predicted) and seized more territory for their caliphate. They began functioning as a state, pumping and selling oil, implementing Islamic law, exercising control over the population and of course slaughtering people by the thousands. They became an international terrorist organization, gaining allegiance from other groups and inspiring vicious attacks all over the world.

Our troops attacked in Syria while the Iraqis attacked in Iraq. Today ISIS is a shell of it's former self, but it is not yet destroyed. If we pull up they will regroup, rebuild and try again. This is a huge mistake and America will have to go after these animals again. Sure as Hell.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
For those of you who don't know why we have troops in Syria, please refresh your memories.

ISIS started in Syria. They used the Syrian civil war as an opportunity to grow in strength and seize territory for their caliphate. When the US pulled out of Iraq, they struck (exactly as Bush predicted) and seized more territory for their caliphate. They began functioning as a state, pumping and selling oil, implementing Islamic law, exercising control over the population and of course slaughtering people by the thousands. They became an international terrorist organization, gaining allegiance from other groups and inspiring vicious attacks all over the world.

Our troops attacked in Syria while the Iraqis attacked in Iraq. Today ISIS is a shell of it's former self, but it is not yet destroyed. If we pull up they will regroup, rebuild and try again. This is a huge mistake and America will have to go after these animals again. Sure as Hell.
None of that is going to happen, Obama let ISIS grow because it was his only chance at regime change in Syria. Have you ever asked yourself why we didn't do a no fly zone? Why it didn't look like Kosovo? Why we were arming "unknown" rebels.
I'll let John Kerry answer for you since you don't have a single clue of what the plan was.
"Well, the problem is the Russians do not care about law, and we do. And, we don't have a basis -our lawyers tell us- unless we have a U.N. Security Council resolution, which the Russians can veto and Chinese, OR unless we are under attack from the folks there, or unless we are invited in. Russia was invited in by the legitimate regime, well, it's illegitimate in our mind, by the regime. And so, they were invited in and we're not invited in."
"We're flying in airspace there, where they can turn on the air defense and we have a very different scene. The only reason they're letting us fly is because we're going after ISIS. If we were going after Assad, those air defenses, we'd have to take out all those air defenses, uh, and we don't have a legal justification, frankly, for doing that unless we stretch it way beyond the law on a humanitarian basis, which some people argue we should  by the way."
The part bout the UN is what should stand out to you. Who gave the UN all this power? Who is trying to take it away?
"Uh, but so far American legal theory has not gone into these so called "right to protect", uh, and we don't even have what we had in Kosovo where we had an, you know, an existing resolution and so forth. Uh, even though we went alone."
You can't give our adversaries special powers to be able to tell us what to do and then have us sit around with our fingers in our asses and have domestic political BS over something our domestic politics isn't going to solve because congress is afraid of doing anything, right or wrong. Sitting it out in Syria is the wrong answer. So you're arguing to just sit and wait? For what? What exactly will happen next in your eyes if we sit around in Syria? I would love to hear an answer from you or any of the Mattis fans. Please tell me how to break the law and not start more war over some ME shit hole that we already have in check.
Please tell me what we accomplish by sitting in NE Syria with the Kurds, who have zero power at the UN because they don't have a country.

The majority of Europe is absolutely useless, and it's why we're going hard on NATO's borders and strengthening those ties. If the Europeans want to spread democracy in the ME, then let them bleed for it and pay for it. We're being super nice to Muslims to appease other muslims so we can have friends, and we're letting them turn our country into a weak as fuck push over to muslims and their SJW radicalized BS. The democrats woke up one day and simly decided to start being nice to muslims and want open borders, it just so happens to coincide with the BS happening in Syria. They sold us out for muslim rebel help in Syria.
Link Posted: 12/20/2018 8:46:35 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
I think that it's obvious now that they didn't have a plan. They didn't have any realistic objectives but they didn't want to leave either, and when Turkey said that it wasn't going to tolerate a Kurdish state on its borders none of Trump's advisers had a solution.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
He wouldn't have made that call without a massive intel briefing by those who are in the know. Something else is going on behind the scenes and I'm sure some back channel deals were made that we will be hearing about later on.
Trump sets the desired end state.  He owns those objectives.

Turkey has NEVER wanted a Kurdish State on its border.

That fact does not require a solution.  It is the status quo.
Link Posted: 12/20/2018 8:46:41 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

View Quote
Yeah, but he's right that your quoting propaganda directly from the Kremlin with an Assadist/Iranian bent. Not an insult; it's the truth.
Link Posted: 12/20/2018 8:47:02 PM EDT
[#31]
I think at least 3/4 of the people on this forum are bipolar.

"Look at all the liberals cry, we didn't cry when Obama was in office wrong. We put our big boy panties on and went back to work LOL"

"Waaaaaa. Drumpf is bringing the boys home. Waaaaaa!!! I should have voted for hilliary! "

Honestly, some of y'all need meds.
Link Posted: 12/20/2018 8:48:38 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
So what was Mattis' plan to stabilize Syria, protect the Kurds and not lock US troops in Syria for 5-10 years?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Read the letter.

Trump is a fool for ignoring Mattis.
Is Mattis infallible or is he right? What if the majority of the US disagrees with him?
No man is infallible.

But I don't care if the majority of the US disagrees with him.  Most people are idiots.
Fair point.

Im reasonably sure I'm not an idiot and I don't believe we need to be in Syria, so I disagree with him. I respect his service and accomplishments but I haven't seen an explanation of why we need to be there.

At least I haven't seen an explanation with an actionable end state.

You mean Trump’s plan, right?

Mattis managed to use that tiny footprint to slaughter Russians and ISIS.  
Economic and lethal.

Now the rug is pulled out, without letting the commanders have input.
Link Posted: 12/20/2018 8:48:45 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

The leadership came from Iraq, but they went to Syria as a safe haven and gathered support and territory until the US pulled out of Iraq.
View Quote
The senior leaders were always in Iraq, be they Zarqawi, AAM, AUAB, or Abu Dua. Kalaf and Ghadiya, etc, were always subordinates. The AQ nexus formed in Iraq and then Assad established relationships with AQ to form a facilitation network in Syria. This was part of the dog he thought he had on a leash that resulted in the Syrian Civil War.
Link Posted: 12/20/2018 8:48:47 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

"Look at all the liberals cry, we didn't cry when Obama was in office wrong. We put our big boy panties on and went back to work LOL"

"Waaaaaa. Drumpf is bringing the boys home. Waaaaaa!!! I should have voted for hilliary! "

View Quote
So if we voted for Trump then we're not allowed to criticize his mistakes?
Link Posted: 12/20/2018 8:49:19 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

View Quote
I am glad someone else pointed out this hypocrisy. Obama drew down troops in Afghan and this place went apeshit.
Link Posted: 12/20/2018 8:49:19 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

And they were required to keep their sexual preferences out of the mission, preserving unit cohesion. One of the few things that Clinton got right.

Now it's a different story, and is the military better for it?
View Quote
Right. I don’t think it’s even a factor in Force readiness, I think until recently training has been slack and too many non war fighters have their hands in making war fighter decisions on policy and readiness
Link Posted: 12/20/2018 8:49:52 PM EDT
[#37]
Meh, he stayed in the job about as long as other SECDEFs.

I don't remember the nashing of teeth when Obama's 4 SECDEFs left their position.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 12/20/2018 8:50:55 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

(Haters gonna hate.)
Link Posted: 12/20/2018 8:50:59 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
The senior leaders were always in Iraq, be they Zarqawi, AAM, AUAB, or Abu Dua. Kalaf and Ghadiya, etc, were always subordinates. The AQ nexus formed in Iraq and then Assad established relationships with AQ to form a facilitation network in Syria. This was part of the dog he thought he had on a leash that resulted in the Syrian Civil War.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

The leadership came from Iraq, but they went to Syria as a safe haven and gathered support and territory until the US pulled out of Iraq.
Exactly.

AQI became ISIS.
Link Posted: 12/20/2018 8:51:42 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
How the hell was he supposed to roll that back? That doesn’t happen overnight
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Good. Mattis didn’t do shit to end the blatant SJW policies within the DoD.
This is what I was here to post.

I had high hopes for him, but what exactly has he done to improve the Obama military??? Trannies are still being pushed, women are still being pushed into jobs they're not qualified for (and for sure not the best qualified) and as far as I can tell the SJW crap is still as bad as during Obama.
How the hell was he supposed to roll that back? That doesn’t happen overnight
Where has he started rolling back ANYTHING. It's been almost two years.
Link Posted: 12/20/2018 8:51:44 PM EDT
[#41]
I have found no evidence supporting the allegation that Secretary Mattis is a democrat, whether closet or flamboyant.  Where are you all getting this information that he's a leftist?
Link Posted: 12/20/2018 8:52:00 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
The crown jewel of Trump’s cabinet is leaving.

2020 is looking bleak.
View Quote
I haven’t kept up with his tweets. Is that a reference to recent tweets?
Outside of the Dow sliding this week what are you referring to on the economy?
Link Posted: 12/20/2018 8:53:45 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
I have found no evidence supporting the allegation that Secretary Mattis is a democrat, whether closet or flamboyant.  Where are you all getting this information that he's a leftist?
View Quote
Trump alluding that he was one is all that was needed for some.
Link Posted: 12/20/2018 8:54:28 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
People seem to have forgotten that Trump campaigned in the primary on bringing the troops home, and think that there will be some kind of conservative revolt now that Trump has started doing it. Trump will get attaboys from both sides on this.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I see some of GD is back on the impeach Trump train. Truly a high water mark in GD Logic.

This place is going to come apart at the seams in 2020.
People seem to have forgotten that Trump campaigned in the primary on bringing the troops home, and think that there will be some kind of conservative revolt now that Trump has started doing it. Trump will get attaboys from both sides on this.
That's one of the reasons I voted for him in the primary.
Link Posted: 12/20/2018 8:54:36 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
View Quote
It’s ad hominem and nothing more.
Link Posted: 12/20/2018 8:54:36 PM EDT
[#46]

For those keeping track.
Link Posted: 12/20/2018 8:54:38 PM EDT
[#47]
I can't deal with this right now.
Link Posted: 12/20/2018 8:55:07 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

Exactly.

AQI became ISIS.
View Quote
Hmmmm...It's always been my understanding that ISIS was started by an Iraqi Air Force Colonel and Baathist who was a logistical mastermind and saw opportunity in using the religious fervor among the foreign peasants who floated around looking for work. He had connections to AQI, did time with some AQI, but was never in AQI. Al Queda actually didn't want to be associated with ISIS and they spent a great deal of effort trying to eradicate each other in Syria.
Link Posted: 12/20/2018 8:55:17 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
I'm getting tired of Trump's ego forcing out everyone competent in his administration.
View Quote
4D chess. That’s why people voted for the strong man.
Link Posted: 12/20/2018 8:56:03 PM EDT
[#50]
Trump only hires the best people. Why would he need to fire anybody, if they were already the best?
Page / 22
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top