BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 12
Link Posted: 2/23/2022 8:03:29 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

The market should set the price free of rumor and panic.

A distributor or retailer spreading panic without any evidence or proof is a unethical sales tactic.

Heres an example. A restaurant sells hotdogs. The owner gets an awesome deal on bulk hotdogs if he buys a lot more than usual, and to sell them all he lies to his customers and says the hot dog factory burned down and there won't be any more hotdogs in a week. If you like hotdogs, you better buy them now because this is your last chance. People go crazy, buy hotdogs by the box, freeze them, and keep them. The restaurant sells six times as many hot dogs as normal due to the demand.

Do you think the restaurant owner committed a fraud?
View Quote

Just got nothing to do with what Sam did. He's not claiming to have any Secret inside information pretty obvious to everybody that what he said could be a reality. Your guess is as good as his.
Link Posted: 2/23/2022 8:05:41 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

A distributor or retailer spreading panic without any evidence or proof is a unethical sales tactic.

Heres an example. A restaurant sells hotdogs. The owner gets an awesome deal on bulk hotdogs if he buys a lot more than usual, and to sell them all he lies to his customers and says the hot dog factory burned down and there won't be any more hotdogs in a week. If you like hotdogs, you better buy them now because this is your last chance. People go crazy, buy hotdogs by the box, freeze them, and keep them. The restaurant sells six times as many hot dogs as normal due to the demand.

View Quote

But SG isn't selling the hot dogs right now. They are holding onto them to sell when the other hot dog factories are actually burning down.

Not even a close comparison.
Link Posted: 2/23/2022 8:15:20 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

I know Ammoseek.com is pretty good about vetting out scam sites, but now I'm starting to think they're possibly a scam
NEVER heard of anyone selling ammo by the 20 FOOT DAMN CONTAINER load to civilians

ETA: they're permanently closed and their address is a church surrounded by tennis courts....
View Quote

@Mr-Mockingbird

https://www.buzzfile.com/business/Federal-Defense-Systems-843-743-5300

Contact Information
Federal Arms & Imports LLC
3003 Dunes West Blvd
Mount Pleasant, SC 29466
Title:President
Phone:(843) 743-5300
There are 5 Companies located at 3003 Dunes West Blvd, Mount Pleasant, SC 29466

https://www.fflscope.com/ffl/157019012h07064/heritage-armory-llc
https://www.instagram.com/heritagearmory/?hl=en

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 2/23/2022 8:18:44 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
And questions back:

1.  What prevented you from being proactive with a historical knowledge of shortages and not loading up on your favorite dogs?

2.  Who forced you with violence to purchase hot dogs from said pretend vendor?

3.  Is it your business what someone does with their personal property?

4.  Do you always blame others for your lack of foresight?

5.  Will you show up at my doorstop demanding my hot dogs?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

And questions back:

1.  What prevented you from being proactive with a historical knowledge of shortages and not loading up on your favorite dogs?

You're vastly missing the point and creating your own scenario to ask pretense questions as if I'm the one who posed those parameters in the first place.

Your debate style is lacking substance, logically weak, and corrupted by personal bias.
Link Posted: 2/23/2022 8:20:56 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

But SG isn't selling the hot dogs right now. They are holding onto them to sell when the other hot dog factories are actually burning down.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I didn't make a comparison. Making a comparison was not my intent. You inferred I did, but that doesn't make it true. My example was simple context for the question I posed, which you also failed to answer.

The only point you should take away from my example is that lying about supply and demand is fraud. In the stock market its called a pump and dump.

Have you ever seen the movie Boiler Room? (And before you accuse, no I'm not making another comparison here, I'm simply asking a question.)
Link Posted: 2/23/2022 8:21:53 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

You're vastly missing the point and creating your own scenario to ask pretense questions as if I'm the one who posed those parameters in the first place.

Your debate style is lacking substance, logically weak, and corrupted by personal bias.
View Quote

You're the one freaking out and questioning the ethics of a business because someone posted a personal email response they received to a question that was probably "Where's all the x39 at?"

Spreading fear and pumping the market.
Link Posted: 2/23/2022 8:24:18 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

You're the one freaking out and questioning the ethics of a business because someone posted a personal email response they received to a question that was probably "Where's all the x39 at?"

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Thought experiments are the same as "freaking out"?

You must be fun at parties, if you're ever invited to one.
Link Posted: 2/23/2022 8:32:25 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

If a retailer lies about a supply chain issue to sell more product, is that fraud?
View Quote

If you lie and say you have someone else interested in buying your house is that fraud?

If you tell your new job a higher salary at your current employer is that fraud?
Link Posted: 2/23/2022 8:35:14 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

I didn't make a comparison. Making a comparison was not my intent. You inferred I did, but that doesn't make it true. My example was simple context for the question I posed, which you also failed to answer.

The only point you should take away from my example is that lying about supply and demand is fraud. In the stock market its called a pump and dump.

Have you ever seen the movie Boiler Room? (And before you accuse, no I'm not making another comparison here, I'm simply asking a question.)
View Quote

I don't see where he is lying about supply and demand in your original post. He just said he has some but he's not offering it up for sale until he gets a better idea of how this is going to affect his business.
Link Posted: 2/23/2022 8:37:51 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

If you lie and say you have someone else interested in buying your house is that fraud?

If you tell your new job a higher salary at your current employer is that fraud?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

If a retailer lies about a supply chain issue to sell more product, is that fraud?

To your first, yes its fraud, and I believe that it is illegal to pretend to have a fake buyer pump up the price.

To your second, your statement is a little confusing. I think you're asking is it fraud to tell a new job you make more money at your old job to negotiate a higher salary? No, thats not fraud.
Link Posted: 2/23/2022 8:40:57 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

View Quote
LOL.  YOU created the whole retard "hotdog scenario" and now you mad.  Answer the questions.  

Come on, man.  Admit it.  You have not thought this out and it is backfiring.
Link Posted: 2/23/2022 8:46:36 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

And questions back:

Stop projecting
Link Posted: 2/23/2022 8:47:16 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
LOL.  YOU created the whole retard "hotdog scenario" and now you mad.  Answer the questions.  

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

**narrator voice** "but he didn't admit it.   He couldn't admit it.   Instead he triple-derped-down and resorted to more personal attacks"
Link Posted: 2/23/2022 8:47:28 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

How old are you?
Link Posted: 2/23/2022 8:50:02 PM EDT
[#15]
Thread is gay.
I like pie
Link Posted: 2/23/2022 8:57:08 PM EDT
[#16]
@Freakinout @ZMV

Get a room and take turns pitching and catching...  

Everyone else is tired of seeing you two flirt with each other - just get it over and fuck already.
Link Posted: 2/23/2022 9:04:50 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Plenty of Tula at the PSA store in NC today, no limit.

View Quote

@FREEFALLE7

I don't know what you look like but I'll bet I've seen you in there a few times. Because I was in there today picking some shit up!!  Hell yeah brother!
Link Posted: 2/23/2022 9:10:32 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

@FREEFALLE7

I don't know what you look like but I'll bet I've seen you in there a few times. Because I was in there today picking some shit up!!  Hell yeah brother!
View Quote

I love supporting PSA, hope they start making 7.62x39 soon.

Link Posted: 2/23/2022 9:17:33 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Just bought 10,000 rds of Tula on a site for $3k shipped.

If you can do it then it would be best to go forward and make the purchase.

Don’t kick yourself later. No one here is going to start making cheap 7.62x39 soon.
View Quote

So you ordered it from Heritage Armory?
Link Posted: 2/23/2022 9:19:11 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Its like you're arguing with what you wish I would say, instead of what I'm actually saying.
Link Posted: 2/23/2022 9:19:37 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

I love supporting PSA, hope they start making 7.62x39 soon.

View Quote

It's about 15-20 minutes from me now. I'm over off 16 in Newton. Love it up here so much more than Charlotte. And the police are cool as shit too.
Link Posted: 2/23/2022 9:20:45 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

**narrator voice** "but he didn't admit it.   He couldn't admit it.   Instead he triple-derped-down and resorted to more personal attacks"
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Hit the report button if you can't handle it. If I'm violating CoC and the moderations tells me to stop, I'll stop. I'm a visitor here.

(Removed,  CoC-6~guns762)
Link Posted: 2/23/2022 9:21:09 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

How old are you?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

How old are you?

What do you do for a living?
Link Posted: 2/23/2022 9:22:06 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

Hit the report button if you can't handle it. If I'm violating CoC and the moderations tells me to stop, I'll stop. I'm a visitor here.

Or, better yet, just shut the fuck up and stay out of the thread if it triggers you so much.
View Quote

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 2/23/2022 9:25:46 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

@Mr-Mockingbird

Contact Information
3003 Dunes West Blvd
Mount Pleasant, SC 29466

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/22018/Screenshot__101__png-2290706.JPG
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/22018/Screenshot__102__png-2290708.JPG
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I know Ammoseek.com is pretty good about vetting out scam sites, but now I'm starting to think they're possibly a scam
NEVER heard of anyone selling ammo by the 20 FOOT DAMN CONTAINER load to civilians

ETA: they're permanently closed and their address is a church surrounded by tennis courts....

@Mr-Mockingbird

Contact Information
3003 Dunes West Blvd
Mount Pleasant, SC 29466

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/22018/Screenshot__101__png-2290706.JPG
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/22018/Screenshot__102__png-2290708.JPG

Your Google-Fu kicks my ass up and down the street
Just can't be too careful nowadays
Thanks
Link Posted: 2/23/2022 9:26:07 PM EDT
[#26]
This thread is going downhill faster than the Ukraine situation.
Link Posted: 2/23/2022 9:26:19 PM EDT
[#27]
Ammoseek and you may never shop at SG again
Link Posted: 2/23/2022 9:28:20 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
View Quote

ITT keyboard capitalists don't believe bad customer reviews are part of capitalism.
Link Posted: 2/23/2022 9:28:43 PM EDT
[#29]
thinking I should get into reloading.  Is it worth it?
Link Posted: 2/23/2022 9:29:09 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
View Quote

So is SG ammo
Link Posted: 2/23/2022 9:31:53 PM EDT
[#31]
Now, now... "Sam," (as we affectionately call our best ammo buddy), would not like you guys fighting...
Link Posted: 2/23/2022 9:32:21 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

With his supply chain possibly being disrupted for months, years, or forever….what exact price should he sell his property to you for to keep you happy?
View Quote

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 2/23/2022 9:42:42 PM EDT
[#33]
Well fuck so is heritage armory not gtg??
Link Posted: 2/23/2022 9:53:43 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
View Quote

It looks ok so far. Uses BigCommerce web platform. Not something scam sites use.

One ok review, scan detector sites say it looks ok.
Link Posted: 2/23/2022 9:55:43 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
View Quote

Well, that depends. If Heritage Armory was selling hotdogs but didn't include mustard would you be OK with ketchup?
Link Posted: 2/23/2022 9:58:30 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

If he puts it up for sale now it'll just get bought up by flippers.  I'd rather him make the money on it than some random dickhead.
View Quote

Yes.  I'd rather a businessman who has major skin in the game and provides a good service for a good price make a profit than an opportunistic neckbearder.  The market will seek the proper price, whether by him or someone else down the line.
Link Posted: 2/23/2022 10:00:05 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

Well, that depends. If Heritage Armory was selling hotdogs but didn't include mustard would you be OK with ketchup?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 2/23/2022 10:03:39 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
@Freakinout @ZMV

Get a room and take turns pitching and catching...  

Everyone else is tired of seeing you two flirt with each other - just get it over and fuck already.
View Quote

Link Posted: 2/23/2022 10:05:24 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Man there's a bunch of entitled crybabies on this site.

"I should be able to buy stuff with no profit to the seller."

but

"I'll sell my stuff on EE for above MSRP."

https://c.tenor.com/4_OEXx-nA3gAAAAM/sad-baby.gif

I don't see anyone saying they should be able to buy at cost. The primary concern here is manufactured panic, which is an unethical manipulation of the free market.

In the stock market it would be a kind of pump and dump scheme. Hype up the product with half truths and rumors, then dump it at an inflated price.

So they are gonna import more Russian ammo????

The gov already halted permits for Russian ammo in August. The price jumped a little to 40 CPR, and settled back down to 30 CPR.

Should arfcom set the price?

But he's not selling it at the moment?  Maybe you should buy up everyone else's stock since its such deal

Which poses more problems. The price goes up for everyone because panic spreads to all retailers, and those retailers raise their prices due to the panic.

One person with information in the market, whom we trust, and they have special insider knowledge, spreading rumor and panic only causes damage to the free market. It is an unethical manipulation.

And we already don't live in a truly free market.

So he should be forced to sell his inventory at a price you determine?

Nobody ever said that. You are creating straw man arguments to pretend you know what you're talking about.

The issue at hand here is not the dudes inventory. Its him spreading panic.

You mean explaining why certain popular is no longer available currently?

Did he misrepresent the product? If not, then no, it's not fraud. Is there anything which stops you from knowing the true state of the crappy ammunition market?
Link Posted: 2/23/2022 11:11:43 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
They will make a killing if Russian ammo disappears.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Can't wait for the PSA ammo plant to get up and running
They will make a killing if Russian ammo disappears.

I don't shoot the stuff but will PSA have access to the raw materials to manufacture the ammo?
Link Posted: 2/23/2022 11:19:18 PM EDT
[#41]
Russia just declared war and invaded. All Russian ammo stopped in 3...2...
Link Posted: 2/23/2022 11:36:22 PM EDT
[#42]
BOOM
Link Posted: 2/23/2022 11:38:08 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
Russia just declared war and invaded. All Russian ammo stopped in 3...2...
View Quote

Does this mean that I should withdraw my complaint to the SEC for market manipulation? I was hoping for some tuna coupons.
Link Posted: 2/23/2022 11:41:45 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

Does this mean that I should withdraw my complaint to the SEC for market manipulation? I was hoping for some tuna coupons.
View Quote
They will have their hands full with the stock crash tomorrow.
Link Posted: 2/24/2022 1:00:42 AM EDT
[#45]
The week of the great global hotdog factory catastrophe is the best week to be in the business of selling hotdogs. Blue horseshoe loves Anacott Meats.
Link Posted: 2/24/2022 1:03:22 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

Its like you're arguing with what you wish I would say, instead of what I'm actually saying.
View Quote
You have got to be senile.
Link Posted: 2/24/2022 1:14:14 AM EDT
[#47]
Glad I picked up some AK ammo today

Russian ammo might be done once current stock runs out.
Link Posted: 2/24/2022 1:24:57 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
Glad I picked up some AK ammo today

Russian ammo might be done once current stock runs out.
View Quote
1000% guaranteed since they are in the process of invading as we speak.
Link Posted: 2/24/2022 1:37:13 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
1000% guaranteed since they are in the process of invading as we speak.
View Quote
We knew they were gonna invade.

Didnt even need it, just haven't bought or shot any AK ammo in a few years.
Link Posted: 2/24/2022 7:23:04 AM EDT
[#50]
Bunch of closet communists in this thread.
Page / 12
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top