User Panel

Page / 3
Link Posted: 10/14/2023 10:07:32 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Hamas?
View Quote

Hamas’post to deal with being disrespected?
Link Posted: 10/14/2023 10:07:59 PM EDT
[#2]
From the city councilman for that area around Fair Park, who instantly made it a political issue:

" I have been updated by the City Manager about a shooting that occurred in The State Fair of Texas food court tonight, sparked from a conflict between two people who knew each other. Three people were injured and the shooter is in DPD custody. The park is being evacuated for everyone’s safety.

It’s one thing to have a right to bear arms, it’s another to have legislation, like permit-less carry, that makes it easier for senseless acts of gun violence like this to be carried out in our state. I wish our Republican friends in Austin would pass meaningful gun legislation to help our constituents feel safe in public."
Link Posted: 10/14/2023 10:09:33 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
50/50 it's terror vs. the regular.
View Quote

Thank you.  You said it in a way that won't get me banned
Link Posted: 10/14/2023 10:10:01 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
From the city councilman for that area around Fair Park, who instantly made it a political issue:

" I have been updated by the City Manager about a shooting that occurred in The State Fair of Texas food court tonight, sparked from a conflict between two people who knew each other. Three people were injured and the shooter is in DPD custody. The park is being evacuated for everyone’s safety.

It’s one thing to have a right to bear arms, it’s another to have legislation, like permit-less carry, that makes it easier for senseless acts of gun violence like this to be carried out in our state. I wish our Republican friends in Austin would pass meaningful gun legislation to help our constituents feel safe in public."
View Quote

Berpa derp! Dur hur hur!

Dallas libs still haven't figured out that there's only maybe five of them in office. That number is trending down too.
Link Posted: 10/14/2023 10:10:29 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

View Quote

What a dumbass. Permit-less carry is not even allowed in the TX state fair…
Link Posted: 10/14/2023 10:10:31 PM EDT
[#6]
i'd love to know what the suspect's previous criminal record looks like.
Link Posted: 10/14/2023 10:11:27 PM EDT
[#7]

I'll bet a crisp $1 bill shooter did not have a license. Or a legal gun. And 'was known to law enforcement.'
Link Posted: 10/14/2023 10:12:47 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
i'd love to know what the suspect's previous criminal record looks like.
View Quote

you ever seen a CVS receipt? I bet it's even longer than that
Link Posted: 10/14/2023 10:14:03 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Cool and all except you have to have a license to carry at the fair.

https://bigtex.com/faqs/can-i-bring-any-weapons-into-the-fair/

License to Carry a Handgun

The State Fair of Texas is—and always has been—a private entity. The Fair leases the Fair Park property from the City of Dallas but is not part of the City or controlled by a government body.

The State Fair of Texas has long been, and continues to be, a strong supporter of the rights of responsible gun owning Texans. For that reason, the Fair has long allowed Fair attendees with valid handgun licenses to carry their handguns in a concealed manner while attending the Fair (except for locations prohibited by law). The State Fair will not allow unlicensed gun owners to enter the fairgrounds with a firearm.

A person holding a valid Texas License to Carry a Handgun (LTC), or a valid handgun license from a reciprocating state, is permitted to enter the Fair with his or her concealed handgun, provided that he or she thereafter fully complies with all applicable laws. LTC holders are responsible for knowing and complying with all applicable Texas laws. For example, under Texas Penal Code Chapter 46 an LTC holder is prohibited from carrying a handgun (1) on any other premises where a high school, collegiate, or professional sporting event or interscholastic event is taking place (this may include Cotton Bowl Stadium, as well as the State Fair’s livestock facilities where interscholastic events are presented), (2) on the premises of a business that derives 51 percent or more of its income from the sale or service of alcoholic beverages for on-premises consumption, or (3) while intoxicated.

The State Fair of Texas prohibits Fair attendees (including LTC holders) from openly carrying handguns while at the Fair. If an individual attempts to enter the Fair with an openly carried handgun, the guest will be asked to conceal the handgun (if the guest has a valid LTC), otherwise the guest will be asked to secure the handgun in his or her vehicle or at some offsite location.
Link Posted: 10/14/2023 10:14:32 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

View Quote

Well... yea, that's probably going to start to become a broken record quote, I imagine.  Though I was unaware one could carry without a permit at the fair.
Link Posted: 10/14/2023 10:22:46 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
I don’t go in that part of Dallas without a full size handgun a clambered round, standard size mag in the gun, and two spare magazines. It is one of the few times I use as holder holster.

The State Fair is located in a sporty neighborhood.
View Quote

Several years ago I went to the State Fair early morning with the family.  I was carrying my normal EDC.    

I approached the entrance with my extended family including two kids in strollers.

I looked at my dad and told him watch this, I’m going to get past the morons running the metal detectors without declaring my Glock 19 strong side OWB.  He was convinced they’d catch it.  

I grabbed one of my kids out of a stroller and carried the kid on my hip over my gun.   We beeped with the tshirt security wanding me.  My kid started skirming and fussing as the tshirt commando manning the wand looked at me telling me to empty my pockets.  I grabbed my keys and probe and handed them over, yet still beeped after another pass.  I looked at the tshirt security and tried to hand them my kid so I could empty my pockets.  

The tshirt security looked at me like I was a moron and passed my through while my dad was smiling behind me.  

Glock 19 and extra mag in the gate trouble free in a matter of seconds.  

I’ve used this technique numerous times at various venues.  I’m legally allowed to carry in most of them, but I am supposed to declare them and take a few extra steps that are a pain in the ass.  

Metal detectors are security theater.  
Link Posted: 10/14/2023 10:29:21 PM EDT
[#12]
Sad state when we can't even enjoy an end of summer fair.

I blame leftists 100%, their price controls, their racial policies, their division for votes, their gun control.
It boils down to them hating America
Link Posted: 10/14/2023 10:40:33 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

I'll bet a crisp $1 bill shooter did not have a license. Or a legal gun. And 'was known to law enforcement.'
View All Quotes
Quoted:

And had a rap sheet like a roll of paper towels with reports, arrests and convictions dating back to age 10 or 11.
Link Posted: 10/14/2023 10:40:57 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

Nope. Has to be done quietly.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Are you aloud to open/concealed carry into the fairground?

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 10/14/2023 10:53:00 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

Thank you.  You said it in a way that won't get me banned
View Quote

I've been barked at but then I pay my own way.
Link Posted: 10/14/2023 10:55:59 PM EDT
[#16]
"Random Teens?"  *Everyone (*Media/Politicians) Must skirt the issue with vague Euphemisms, so Blame Gunnnnzzzzzz!!! so we don't Look Ray-sist.
Link Posted: 10/14/2023 10:58:43 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
https://www.nbcdfw.com/news/local/state-fair-of-texas/one-suspect-in-custody-after-shooting-at-state-fair-of-texas-spurs-evacuation/3360667/

1 person in custody. Certainly gang or otherwise violence.

Don't go the fair at night.
View Quote
From the link; "I wish our Republican friends in Austin would pass meaningful gun legislation to help our constituents feel safe in public." - Dallas City Councilmember Adam R. Bazaldua

He looks about like you would imagine..

Link Posted: 10/14/2023 11:00:14 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Just great, gonna be there next weekend with family showing livestock
View Quote
You'll live.
Link Posted: 10/14/2023 11:03:44 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
From the link; "I wish our Republican friends in Austin would pass meaningful gun legislation to help our constituents feel safe in public." - Dallas City Councilmember Adam R. Bazaldua

https://external-content.duckduckgo.com/iu/?u=https%3A%2F%2Fmedia2.dallasobserver.com%2Fdal%2Fimager%2Fu%2Foriginal%2F11971778%2Fadam-bazaldua_mark-graham_copy.jpg&f=1&nofb=1&ipt=86adcf4b7a0396f4e69123f35a3a13f309b097d70e7a3ae0e492f96c6bd1f8be&ipo=images
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
https://www.nbcdfw.com/news/local/state-fair-of-texas/one-suspect-in-custody-after-shooting-at-state-fair-of-texas-spurs-evacuation/3360667/

https://external-content.duckduckgo.com/iu/?u=https%3A%2F%2Fmedia2.dallasobserver.com%2Fdal%2Fimager%2Fu%2Foriginal%2F11971778%2Fadam-bazaldua_mark-graham_copy.jpg&f=1&nofb=1&ipt=86adcf4b7a0396f4e69123f35a3a13f309b097d70e7a3ae0e492f96c6bd1f8be&ipo=images

*Ban guns

^^^^^^^^^^^^Councilmember Adam R. Bazaldua^^^^^^

Link Posted: 10/14/2023 11:04:05 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

View Quote

Looks like their 'no one under 18 unless accompanied by an adult after 5 p.m." rule didn't work either I bet.
Link Posted: 10/14/2023 11:07:32 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Smart people don’t go to Dallas after the sun goes down.
View Quote

Link Posted: 10/14/2023 11:11:39 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

No, not really.
View Quote

Lol, don’t go to the West Indian Day parade in Brooklyn…at least don’t stay after about noon.
Link Posted: 10/14/2023 11:12:35 PM EDT
[#23]
I took the wife and kids there Wednesday morning.  None of the loud music or noise until 1pm.  DISD is in session, so a lot of the trash isn't there (just us Mesquite folks ).  

Carry AIWB dead center, and if you're carrying something not extremely oversized, they'll never say anything.  

"That's my belt buckle".

"Oh, okay" they say.
Link Posted: 10/14/2023 11:14:09 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

View Quote

Fuck that guy.
Link Posted: 10/14/2023 11:19:12 PM EDT
[#25]
Didn't this happen last year as well? Gang shooting of sorts IIRC.
Link Posted: 10/14/2023 11:23:01 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

You are absolutely allowed to LTC concealed carry at the Texas State Fair.

@fightinghellfish
Link Posted: 10/14/2023 11:23:43 PM EDT
[#27]
Family friend was there and they know guns.

They are reporting a “TON” of gun shots over 10 or so. Sounded like someone was “disrespected” and empty a gun on a few people
Link Posted: 10/14/2023 11:24:11 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

I was being in GD mode and joking about doing it quietly since he asked if it was "aloud."
View Quote
My meter was off sorry
Link Posted: 10/14/2023 11:33:02 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Lefties on X are losing their minds and blaming this on Abbott already. You are supposed to show your LTC to an officer at the gate when you enter the fair. Reports from some on X are they were ignoring the scanners when people were entering. Fair Park has been a dangerous place for 50 years.
View Quote

Agreed, the Fair Park area has been dangerous since before I moved to Dallas in the late 1980’s.
Link Posted: 10/14/2023 11:43:54 PM EDT
[#30]
Probably a reason the suspect has not been identified.
Link Posted: 10/14/2023 11:48:22 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

View Quote
But no booking photo of the suspect, so that in itself is a mental photo.
Link Posted: 10/14/2023 11:49:08 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

Jadarius Hamas maybe.
View Quote

Just another Saturday night in Fair Park.
Link Posted: 10/15/2023 12:08:59 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

Lol, don’t go to the West Indian Day parade in Brooklyn…at least don’t stay after about noon.
View Quote

I didn’t say it doesn’t happen at all. It’s not common by any stretch of the imagination.
Link Posted: 10/15/2023 12:12:35 AM EDT
[#34]
I’m going with Dis’respect over Jihad.

Although there’s significant overlap between both terrorist groups.
Link Posted: 10/15/2023 12:23:12 AM EDT
[#35]
I don't this is Hamas or Middle East related, I think it is just regular everyday shooting.
Link Posted: 10/15/2023 12:23:57 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
I don't this is Hamas or Middle East related, I think it is just regular everyday shooting.
View Quote

probably our own homegrown domestic terrorist, i meant gang bangers.
Link Posted: 10/15/2023 12:24:59 AM EDT
[#37]
That sucks, but I guess it was only a matter of time.
Link Posted: 10/15/2023 12:25:20 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

probably our own homegrown domestic terrorist, i meant gang bangers.
View Quote

They're allowed to do what they do. Gotta get it out of their system before they become neurosurgeons.
Link Posted: 10/15/2023 1:12:52 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
I hear and see all these stories about gang violence at state fairs. It’s scary, but I think it’s encouraging that these gang members are taking an interest in livestock, agriculture and farm crafts that the fairs are all about.
View Quote

Im going to the AZ state fair next weekend, wish me luck.  lol
Link Posted: 10/15/2023 1:13:34 AM EDT
[#40]
The videos on Twitter are pretty pale
Link Posted: 10/15/2023 6:10:55 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
View Quote

I'll be taking the family Friday for the day. We won't be staying after dark, but I'm sure we'll have a great time.  
Link Posted: 10/15/2023 6:17:50 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
You'll live.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
You'll live.

I would hope so
Link Posted: 10/15/2023 7:30:52 AM EDT
[#43]
Why won’t they move the fair to a more rural town?
Link Posted: 10/15/2023 7:37:45 AM EDT
[#44]
For one they like having it when the UT OK football game is in town. Reason that game starts so early. So they can attend the game and then hit the fair afterwards.  AKA money.

Also that's a lot of people to move in and out of a rural area.
Link Posted: 10/15/2023 7:38:12 AM EDT
[#45]
So someone was disrespected.
Link Posted: 10/15/2023 8:06:54 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

Yes. You have to check in with an officer at the entrance and let him know you're carrying. They may or may not ask for your LTC.

ETA: missed the quote
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yes. You have to check in with an officer at the entrance and let him know you're carrying. They may or may not ask for your LTC.

ETA: missed the quote

No Officer at the gate (2) I went through. I set the detector off and walked right in.
Link Posted: 10/15/2023 8:22:14 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

Just another Saturday night in Fair Park.
View Quote

Link Posted: 10/15/2023 8:23:16 AM EDT
[#48]
suspect
Link Posted: 10/15/2023 8:24:27 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
View Quote

Not sure what’s allowed. It does sound like it did get loud there.
Link Posted: 10/15/2023 8:53:21 AM EDT
[#50]

Those damn Amish are at it again I see.
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top