Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 11
Link Posted: 8/24/2021 11:54:19 AM EDT
[#1]
It has nothing to do with phobia (i.e. fear). It's disgust and contempt. It's a sign of low intellect, low class, bad decision making, various degrees of mental illness, etc. There are a few exceptions that are exempt from this such as military unit tats. Generally speaking though it's a reliable indicator of people whose presence in life will lead to drama and other unpleasantness. Not talking about tiny hidden tattoos that some females get to spice things up. I'm not a fan of those either, but they are simply not visible in most situations. I'm talking about tattoos visible in normal everyday clothing and especially if they are extensive. Piercings and body modifications are in the same category. They are very useful as a form of aposematism.
Link Posted: 8/24/2021 12:07:40 PM EDT
[#2]
I work in the trades, have for 20+ years, and even before I could work as a kid I was hanging out on job sites.  Gasp I know how dare my folks try to stimulate the economy by hiring filthy, degenerate, pond scumesque inkies.   Let alone even let me associate with those nasty sub human inksters as such a small tyke.  

But I digress....  I'd say about 80%+ of the people who are in the trades have tattoos.  Age range around +/-16 to 75+ years old both men and women.  Many of them, at least 40%, own their own businesses.  Im talking excavators, line men, surveyors, electricians, plumbers, framers, finish carpenters, painters, masons, drywallers, carpet/flooring installers, landcapers, siders, etc.  Hell even the behind the scenes bankers, city regulators/code guys and gals/engineers, real-estate agents, sales reps, IT, and most potential buyers have tattoos.  They are all probably just less than dirt, loser, go nowhere motherfuckers though right....

Y'all old timers really need to get out of your wives basements, I mean "man caves" (that someone probably with tatoos built for you).  Maybe you too can find out what life in the real world is actually like.
Link Posted: 8/24/2021 12:07:50 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
It has nothing to do with phobia (i.e. fear). It's disgust and contempt. It's a sign of low intellect, low class, bad decision making, various degrees of mental illness, etc. There are a few exceptions that are exempt from this such as military unit tats. Generally speaking though it's a reliable indicator of people whose presence in life will lead to drama and other unpleasantness. Not talking about tiny hidden tattoos that some females get to spice things up. I'm not a fan of those either, but they are simply not visible in most situations. I'm talking about tattoos visible in normal everyday clothing and especially if they are extensive. Piercings and body modifications are in the same category. They are very useful as a form of aposematism.
View Quote
Well ........ there's a really definitive statement of an opinion which is widely shared, and reinforced by some of the comments in this thread.
Link Posted: 8/24/2021 12:11:38 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

Best answer is hire neither.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I would hire an inkie way before a fat piece of lazy shit

Best answer is hire neither.

Good luck with that lol.
Link Posted: 8/24/2021 12:12:44 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
View Quote

lmao some of you guys are unhinged.
Link Posted: 8/24/2021 12:32:35 PM EDT
[#6]
Not a phobia.  I do not fear tats.  It's a distaste.  But I have no care with what others choose.  I have had and still have many tatted up friends.  My children are inkies.

We all have different tastes.  That's what makes the world go round.  
Link Posted: 8/24/2021 12:41:10 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
It's part kidding around and part Who Gives a Fuck.

No one has a fucking phobia, you either like ink or don't.
View Quote

This. Is no one simply allowed to hate things any more? There is no fear.
Link Posted: 8/24/2021 1:08:21 PM EDT
[#8]
I do not fear tattoos, I think they are trashy. Under 60. If you are so brittle that people's subjective opinions bother you, you are the one with the problem.
Link Posted: 8/24/2021 1:29:12 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
GD:
"Real men don't judge others sandles/subcompact 9mm/iron sights with qd optics/etc..,
"

Also GD:
"Tatoos, what a fucking pot needle using loser!
"

Boomer logic bro!
View Quote

This just in: contrary to a very misguided belief, GD is not a monolith of opinions.

Link Posted: 8/24/2021 2:01:08 PM EDT
[#10]
I was brought up to look down on people with them. Reason has prevailed - naturally, not all people with tattoos are disgraceful vagabonds.
Link Posted: 8/24/2021 2:06:50 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
It's not a phobia.  We simply wish to live in a society without your inkie filth.
View Quote

Attachment Attached File
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 8/24/2021 2:10:34 PM EDT
[#12]
My biggest problem with ink?

It's a freaking fad, it'll be dated like zoot suits, flapper hair, poodle skirts, tie die, bell bottoms, leisure suits, beehive hairdos, parachute pants, mullets, etc.   But unlike those, you can't drop your tats off at Goodwill or go see a barber as styles change.

Ya'll making fun of boomers, wait until the post-apocalypse kids are razzing you about all that ink.

Link Posted: 8/24/2021 2:19:44 PM EDT
[#13]
No phobia, just believe they are a sign of poor decisions.  Like a stupid hair cut/color, or wearing dirty clothes with holes in them or a 250 lb. + person in Yoga pants.
Link Posted: 8/24/2021 2:24:11 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
No phobia, just believe they are a sign of poor decisions.  Like a stupid hair cut/color, or wearing dirty clothes with holes in them or a 250 lb. + person in Yoga pants.
View Quote
The dirty clothes eventually disintegrate, the 250 lb+ person turns into a 350 lb+ person, and the inky just gets more ink.

Such is the natural progression of things in life.
Link Posted: 8/24/2021 4:59:56 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Ive noticed from time to time that members will comment when they see a tattoo or someone with a tattoo and cry about it and post that stupid f'ing faggotty sounding word "inkie"... first off that word truly does make one who says that sound very light in the loafers, almost like a todler.. or a gay tranny idk.. anyways what is the phobia with tattoos to yall?? are you guys like simps? do they make you scared?  seriously i dont get it.  

example in this thread where @9divdoc commented.. this thread which is pretty comical thread and everyone thought it was a funny pic yet someone freaked out and cried "inkies! "

https://www.ar15.com/forums/General/New-Football-team-Salt-Lake-City-Caucasians/5-2481281/?page=1

I just dont get it, help me understand

alot of members here have tatouazophobia and are just in denial about it..
View Quote

Tattoos are low class. Those who have them probably also take out high interest loans, have a baby mamma or shared visitation at the least.
Link Posted: 8/24/2021 5:04:17 PM EDT
[#16]
I refuse to allow myself to fall into the trap of judging people by any aspect of their physical appearance.  Wish there were more like me but whatever.  The tattoo thing is a bit of a puzzle though.  When you are dead and lying in your casket, I just can't imagine visitors to the proceedings looking at you and proclaiming what good taste you had in your tats.
Link Posted: 8/24/2021 5:22:16 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
I do not fear tattoos, I think they are trashy. Under 60. If you are so brittle that people's subjective opinions bother you, you are the one with the problem.
View Quote
But you deny them your essence?
Link Posted: 8/24/2021 5:25:54 PM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 8/24/2021 5:28:59 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Fuckin blank skins man.
View Quote

This.   I have ink and the woman I'm seeing has a lot.

DGAF if GD likes it.
Link Posted: 8/24/2021 5:36:40 PM EDT
[#20]
The thing that gets me in this thread is that some of these stupid fucks think tats are a new thing, that they somehow invented them.

I'm a proud Pureskin but don't give a flying motherfuck if you choose to defile your bodies.  Shit, good tats are fucking fine art.

Link Posted: 8/24/2021 5:40:48 PM EDT
[#21]
No fear, just think its trashy and that will never change so stop bring it up with me.
Link Posted: 8/24/2021 5:50:54 PM EDT
[#22]
When someone doesn't like or agree with something, it is not a phobia. Fear of something is a phobia. Big difference, words have definitions.

People that try to insult others, because others don't agree with them have maturity or mental health issues. Sometimes both.

I like tattoos, but despise it when people who throw around the word phobia.
Link Posted: 8/24/2021 6:00:09 PM EDT
[#23]
Personally, I think that they are generally ugly and that they signal bad judgement.

Christians consider the body to be a temple. In that regard, tattoos are no different than spray painting a church.

PS- I’m not fat and I know a lot of Christians are.

Link Posted: 8/24/2021 6:01:06 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
The thing that gets me in this thread is that some of these stupid fucks think tats are a new thing, that they somehow invented them.

I'm a proud Pureskin but don't give a flying motherfuck if you choose to defile your bodies.  Shit, good tats are fucking fine art.
https://www.cloakanddaggerlondon.co.uk/images/japanese-irezumi-tattoos.jpg

View Quote

A few years back they found a mummified 5,000 year old corpse with tattoos....tattoos have been around since the beginning of human civilization. But GD thinks it's just a "fad" lol.

^ that is good work

ETA
I follow a few accounts on IG with some awesome artwork

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 8/24/2021 6:02:02 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Personally, I think that they are generally ugly and that they signal bad judgement.

Christians consider the body to be a temple. In that regard, tattoos are no different than spray painting a church.

PS- I’m not fat and I know a lot of Christians are.

View Quote

That's funny, I use the same quote except I point out that I've seen churches of various faiths all over the world and have yet to see one that is not decorated.

My body is a temple
Link Posted: 8/24/2021 6:04:15 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

A few years back they found a mummified 5,000 year old corpse with tattoos....tattoos have been around since the beginning of human civilization. But GD thinks it's just a "fad" lol.

^ that is good work
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

^ that is good work

Otzi the Iceman had 61 tattoos.
Link Posted: 8/24/2021 6:05:23 PM EDT
[#27]
Rock on,

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 8/24/2021 6:05:56 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

^ that is good work

Might be the one I'm thinking of, I can't remember
Link Posted: 8/24/2021 6:07:41 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Ive noticed from time to time that members will comment when they see a tattoo or someone with a tattoo and cry about it and post that stupid f'ing faggotty sounding word "inkie"... first off that word truly does make one who says that sound very light in the loafers, almost like a todler.. or a gay tranny idk.. anyways what is the phobia with tattoos to yall?? are you guys like simps? do they make you scared?  seriously i dont get it.  
View Quote

You might want to tone down the rhetoric. Not everyone who dislikes tattoos is a toddler or gay tranny.
Link Posted: 8/24/2021 6:07:56 PM EDT
[#30]
OP mad someone called him a name and looked down on him.

Fuck those people OP, do you.

That said, people make judgements about people based on their life experiences and common traits between people. Same reason people are racist.

Growing up, and to some extent today, people I saw with tattoos are not people I’d want to hang around or be seen around. Obviously it’s not 100% and stuff has changed a lot in the last 30 years.

I wouldn’t get a tattoo and wouldn’t date a girl with tattoos. They look trashy. Just my feelings on the matter, but why would you care if I like your tattoos or decided not to give a job to a dirty fucking inkie?
Link Posted: 8/24/2021 6:11:19 PM EDT
[#31]
95% of the inky hate is good-natured ribbing.

You'd think someone willing to get a bunch of ink and hepatitis injections would have thicker skin.
Link Posted: 8/24/2021 6:11:42 PM EDT
[#32]
Aint skeered of any tatouazos!
Link Posted: 8/24/2021 6:15:42 PM EDT
[#33]
Most of the people I see covered in tats have kids and live off my tax dollars.  

And the ones that don't could always quit being so vane and take that money and further their kids life with it.
Link Posted: 8/24/2021 6:15:57 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

damn blank skins!!
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Fuckin blank skins man.

damn blank skins!!

its PureSkins™

get it right.

edit: i've been here long enough when Inkies vs. PureSkin™ was pretty much just a tounge in cheek bit we were all in on for good nature ribbing and banter.
Link Posted: 8/24/2021 6:17:43 PM EDT
[#35]
Big tattoos on a woman scream two things to me.

1. Bad decisions.

2. Attention whore

Both are reasons to take a pass. Zero chance I’d accept a heavily tattooed woman for a committed relationship.
Link Posted: 8/24/2021 6:18:01 PM EDT
[#36]
Link Posted: 8/24/2021 6:19:28 PM EDT
[#37]
When black people get tattoos, do they use white ink?   I mean, like the guys so black they're Blurple.
Link Posted: 8/24/2021 6:20:16 PM EDT
[#38]
I don't have any tattoos, but I don't have anything against them.  Many tattoos tell a great deal about people, such as gang, prison, military, racist tattoos.  Some of the Asian tattoos are really cool.

If I were going to get body modification, I would prefer scarification or branding.  I think it is called "strike branding" where they use hot metal to do the brand.  I'm not so sure about the scarification where they use a sharp scalpel like instrument to carve out skin that is then peeled off the body.  Some of that is really interesting, but I don't think I could abide the process.  I have done cauterizing my own wounds a few times so the hot metal part doesn't bother me that much.
Link Posted: 8/24/2021 6:21:13 PM EDT
[#39]
Tattoos make for a good cover story about how you got Hepatitis C and AIDS.
Link Posted: 8/24/2021 6:23:14 PM EDT
[#40]
Link Posted: 8/24/2021 6:30:28 PM EDT
[#41]
I generally dislike tats, occasionally I'll see something that is well done and I'm like that guy had some skills.  I'd probably rather see it on a painting in my house then walking around on a body.  I go to walmart and see a wave of terrible bodies with matching terrible tatoos, I too think of it as more of a fad, but to each their own and it's their body and does no harm to me.
Link Posted: 8/24/2021 6:32:04 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
View Quote

The confidence in your cluelessness is actually rather remarkable.
Link Posted: 8/24/2021 6:39:20 PM EDT
[#43]
Tatoos are not for me personally.  I think that if a person decides to have a few, then more power to them.  I do think that covering large portions of your body does start to look trashy.
Link Posted: 8/24/2021 6:40:47 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
I think they view them as a "class indicator".For men with tattoos those are men to avoid for any number of reasons.For women it means she's not some perfect fairytale princess...Kind of fucked up if you ask me.It's judging people based on the color of their skin.
View Quote

Say hello to the receptionist at your child's daycare.

Link Posted: 8/24/2021 6:41:23 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

its PureSkins™

get it right.

edit: i've been here long enough when Inkies vs. PureSkin™ was pretty much just a tounge in cheek bit we were all in on for good nature ribbing and banter.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Fuckin blank skins man.

damn blank skins!!

its PureSkins™

get it right.

No issue with ribbing, but some of these weirdos are totally serious lol
Link Posted: 8/24/2021 6:43:56 PM EDT
[#46]
I'm almost50 so I'm gen x not a boomer.  I don't have any tats. My wife has two. My two oldest daughters have several and the stupid ring in the middle of their nose.  
 I don't care what other people do with their body. I do think there are ways people look to fit into groups. When I see a woman with purple hair or a man with a face tat. I'm assuming what type of person they are but that's not always the case.
 I have friends that have really nice work done as a memorial to a grandparent. Its really nice and I respect that but it's not for me. I look at it like buying a really expensive sports car and putting a bunch of bumper stickers on it. It only takes away.
Link Posted: 8/24/2021 6:46:48 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

https://cdn.ebaumsworld.com/mediaFiles/picture/2378033/84428019.jpg
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I think they view them as a "class indicator".For men with tattoos those are men to avoid for any number of reasons.For women it means she's not some perfect fairytale princess...Kind of fucked up if you ask me.It's judging people based on the color of their skin.

https://cdn.ebaumsworld.com/mediaFiles/picture/2378033/84428019.jpg

This guy is acceptable though right

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 8/24/2021 6:57:58 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/45602/1_png-2064813.JPG
View Quote

Your typical arfcom boomer?
Link Posted: 8/24/2021 7:04:14 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/45602/1_png-2064813.JPG

Attachment Attached File

Not really

My point here is that the receptionist at your kid's daycare probably has tattoos that you don't know about. Your doctor, dentist, and lawyer probably do too.
Link Posted: 8/24/2021 7:05:16 PM EDT
[#50]
This thread has been amusing to read.

Tattoos lost their stigma years ago, barring Face/Neck tattoos . Gen X and younger, for the most part, do not  really care, as long as you can pretty much cover them in professional attire.

I don’t have any, BTW, which is odd for a person who has been a Chef for almost 3 decades. Tattoos in Professional Kitchens are almost a job requirement!
Page / 11
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top