Gates McFadden, 74
Michael Dorn, 70
Jonathan Frakes, 70
Marina Sirtis, 68
LeVar Burton, 66

Where did the time go?
Link Posted: 7/17/2023 3:23:03 PM EDT
[#1]
My wife never saw TNG and we watched Picard and she was all confuzzled why I was raging through most episodes lol.
Link Posted: 7/17/2023 3:24:39 PM EDT
[#2]

for their ages, most look pretty darn good.

ETA-Guy on right is Rick Berman, producer of TNG
Link Posted: 7/17/2023 3:25:37 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 7/17/2023 3:26:01 PM EDT
[#4]
Will Weaton is the red headed step child.
Link Posted: 7/17/2023 3:26:56 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
My wife never saw TNG and we watched Picard and she was all confuzzled why I was raging through most episodes lol.
View Quote

I was trying to get my wife to watch season 3 with me, and when she asked if she needed any context to understand the plot, I said “Yes, you probably should watch a few episodes of TNG first.”

I came up with a list of episodes and the TNG movies that are referenced to some degree in season 3 and she’s like, “Nah I’m good.”
Link Posted: 7/17/2023 3:27:10 PM EDT
[#6]

They do look good for their ages. Stewart looked old as dirt in TNG, but you can really tell he is an old man in Picard, by the way he walks and even in his voice.
Link Posted: 7/17/2023 3:28:21 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
View Quote
Seasons 1 and 2 were garbage. 3 was decent an pretty good fan service to TNG fans.
But the new Enterprise is a joke. Kind of a bitch looking ship compared to the D and E, like the C was.
Link Posted: 7/17/2023 3:28:34 PM EDT
[#8]
Back in the day Gates McFadden was a hottie
Link Posted: 7/17/2023 3:30:25 PM EDT
[#9]
the showed premiered 36 years ago, so yeah they should be getting old
Link Posted: 7/17/2023 3:30:30 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
View Quote

Absolutely
Link Posted: 7/17/2023 3:30:50 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

I was trying to get my wife to watch season 3 with me, and when she asked if she needed any context to understand the plot, I said "Yes, you probably should watch a few episodes of TNG first."

I came up with a list of episodes and the TNG movies that are referenced to some degree in season 3 and she's like, "Nah I'm good."
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I was trying to get my wife to watch season 3 with me, and when she asked if she needed any context to understand the plot, I said "Yes, you probably should watch a few episodes of TNG first."

I came up with a list of episodes and the TNG movies that are referenced to some degree in season 3 and she's like, "Nah I'm good."
We're about halfway through TNG season 1. She's loving it so far.
Link Posted: 7/17/2023 3:31:20 PM EDT
[#12]
Oof. As a kid I used to watch TNG with my dad when it they came out. They don't look a day older in the reruns either.
Link Posted: 7/17/2023 3:31:40 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Seasons 1 and 2 were garbage. 3 was decent an pretty good fan service to TNG fans.
But the new Enterprise is a joke. Kind of a bitch looking ship compared to the D and E, like the C was.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

That’s my main gripe. They should’ve put the ‘D’ back into service as the All Good Things dreadnaught refit, had Admiral Riker command it for a season with Captain 7 of 9 and then phase Jonathan Frakes out. It would’ve made far more sense than the Titan-A getting rechristened.
Link Posted: 7/17/2023 3:32:01 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I was still rolling my eyes a lot in 3 but things got a bit dusty in the final episode when they were all back together playing poker.
Link Posted: 7/17/2023 3:34:46 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

That's my main gripe. They should've put the 'D' back into service as the All Good Things dreadnaught refit, had Admiral Riker command it for a season with Captain 7 of 9 and then phase Jonathan Frakes out. It would've made far more sense than the Titan-A getting rechristened.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

That's my main gripe. They should've put the 'D' back into service as the All Good Things dreadnaught refit, had Admiral Riker command it for a season with Captain 7 of 9 and then phase Jonathan Frakes out. It would've made far more sense than the Titan-A getting rechristened.

That would be cool. I wouldn't have even minded a new version of the Enterprise, just the Titan-A looked like a shitty ship and as much as I want to fuck 7 of 9, don't really see her as Captain of the Enterprise. Would have made more sense as Captain of the Voyager-A or something.
Link Posted: 7/17/2023 3:36:01 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
View Quote

Agreed.

But wth is going on with her clown feet in that picture?
Link Posted: 7/17/2023 3:37:20 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
View Quote

Asshat Wesley is on serious psycho drugs these days.
Link Posted: 7/17/2023 3:39:34 PM EDT
[#18]
I’m kinda surprised that the original series aside, the only main cast member of any Trek series to have passed away is Rene Auberjonois.  He was older than Patrick Stewart.

RIP to him and to Aron Eisenberg, a major supporting cast member, and of course to Majel Barrett, who really was the voice of Star Trek.
Link Posted: 7/17/2023 3:41:49 PM EDT
[#19]
Who is on the far right in the photo?
Link Posted: 7/17/2023 3:44:39 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
View Quote

Rick Berman a producer I think.
Link Posted: 7/17/2023 3:44:54 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
View Quote

Rick Berman
Link Posted: 7/17/2023 3:45:33 PM EDT
[#23]
William Shatner Presents: Chaos on the Bridge

Great show, I love STNG, but this explains a lot.
Link Posted: 7/17/2023 3:47:33 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
View Quote

To me, she's hotter now!  

Quoted:

Agreed.

But wth is going on with her clown feet in that picture?
View Quote

I wouldn't be sticking it in between her ankles.
Link Posted: 7/17/2023 3:47:37 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
I’m kinda surprised that the original series aside, the only main cast member of any Trek series to have passed away is Rene Auberjonois.  He was older than Patrick Stewart.

RIP to him and to Aron Eisenberg, a major supporting cast member, and of course to Majel Barrett, who really was the voice of Star Trek.
View Quote

If anyone died from Discovery, Prodigy, or Lower Decks I wouldnt know because I've never bothered to see them.
Link Posted: 7/17/2023 3:48:04 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

I agree.  They brought a magic into my otherwise unpleasant youth.  I love TNG, warts and all.
View Quote

Link Posted: 7/17/2023 3:48:21 PM EDT
[#27]
Link Posted: 7/17/2023 3:49:32 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
View Quote

I had the biggest crush on her and Marina Sirtis watching TNG when originally on. Then Marina opened her mouth and it was all Gates.
Link Posted: 7/17/2023 3:53:50 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
View Quote

I concur.

Link Posted: 7/17/2023 3:55:32 PM EDT
[#30]
TNG and In Living Color are the earliest shows I can remember as a toddler.
Link Posted: 7/17/2023 4:03:57 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
View Quote

Shut up, Wesley!

Link Posted: 7/17/2023 4:06:35 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

If anyone died from Discovery, Prodigy, or Lower Decks I wouldnt know because I've never bothered to see them.
View Quote

RIP Shaxs.

Link Posted: 7/17/2023 4:08:11 PM EDT
[#33]
well, Encounter at Farpoint first aired in 1987, so...
Link Posted: 7/17/2023 4:18:24 PM EDT
[#34]
Link Posted: 7/17/2023 4:21:39 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I agree that he’s not a person I would want to know but I don’t know about any of psycho drugs.

His home life/work was as terrible as any of the typical Hollywood child actor stories we all hear about.

His father hated him and beat him, his mother guilted him into acting, which he had never wanted to be an actor, and never loved him, his siblings only ever sponged off of him so he bonded with his cast members and considered them more his family than his real family.

His ST TNG cast members speak very well of him.

Check out his interview on “Inside of You” on Netflix as well as interviews there with Frakes where he talks about him.

He openly admits his upbringing was FUBAR and if you listen to the interviews you will see that he’s turned out fine, all things considered.
Link Posted: 7/17/2023 4:23:29 PM EDT
[#36]
No Marina Sirtis, no care.
Link Posted: 7/17/2023 4:24:16 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
View Quote

She is still hot, as far as I am concerned.
Link Posted: 7/17/2023 4:24:16 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
View Quote

Rumor was if Roddenberry hadn't passed when he did, Wesley was due to get the Tasha Yarr treatment.
Link Posted: 7/17/2023 4:24:53 PM EDT
[#39]
My favorite show when I was a kid.
Link Posted: 7/17/2023 4:27:37 PM EDT
[#40]
Wait a minute, if they're getting that old then logic suggests...

Crap.
Link Posted: 7/17/2023 4:32:16 PM EDT
[#41]
Link Posted: 7/17/2023 4:32:45 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I didn’t even think about those shows. I know basically nothing about anything Trek after Enterprise, except I did see the first two Abrams Trek movie once.

I just rewatch TOS, TNG, and DS9.
Link Posted: 7/17/2023 4:33:25 PM EDT
[#43]
Stewart is aging out. Listening to the interviews, he still wants to do it, but his voice is starting to sound feeble and confused. Franks said they shoot all of Stewart's scenes first, so there's no late nights for him.

There was banter of a season 4 of Picard. There's definitely a spinoff going to happen with 7 of 9 and "his son". So we'll probably see some of the younger cast members keep going.
Link Posted: 7/17/2023 4:35:38 PM EDT
[#44]
Didn’t they enter a time-space anomaly or did they contract some alien disease which causes advanced aging?  Or am I just remembering different episodes?
Link Posted: 7/17/2023 4:35:54 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

Rumor was if Roddenberry hadn't passed when he did, Wesley was due to get the Tasha Yarr treatment.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

We lost so much when we lost the great bird.
Link Posted: 7/17/2023 4:37:36 PM EDT
[#46]
So many entertainments (sports, TV shows, movies) have been ruined for me once I discovered that the people doing them are miserable leftists/libs/woketards.

TNG is no exception.

That said, removing those "entertainments" from my life and finding more productive things to do has been a boon, so thanks, assholes!!!
Link Posted: 7/17/2023 4:38:21 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
Didn’t they enter a time-space anomaly or did they contract some alien disease which causes advanced aging?  Or am I just remembering different episodes?
View Quote

Actually one of the better episodes of Season 2.
Link Posted: 7/17/2023 4:43:15 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Pretty sure we would not have gotten the Awesomesauce that was DS9 had Roddenberry lived.
His hippy dippy version of Star Trek, DS9 was not.
Link Posted: 7/17/2023 4:45:09 PM EDT
[#49]
Saw Riker, Data, and seven of nine a few months ago. Yea.  They are looking old.  
Our childhood heroes are getting old.
Link Posted: 7/17/2023 4:58:46 PM EDT
[#50]
Dwight Schultz will always be a blend of Barkley and Murdock from the original A Team to me.  
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 4
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top