User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 214
Link Posted: 10/30/2020 3:51:12 AM EDT
[#1]
Anakin's podracer
Link Posted: 10/30/2020 4:00:59 AM EDT
[#2]
the ending was a bit cheesy but overall that was a solid episode.  I need to watch it again tomorrow
Link Posted: 10/30/2020 4:09:08 AM EDT
[#3]
Click To View Spoiler

Click To View Spoiler
Link Posted: 10/30/2020 4:15:05 AM EDT
[#4]
If someone would make a stock for an AR15 that resembles the stock on the Disintegration rifle they could have some of my money.
Link Posted: 10/30/2020 4:58:45 AM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Click To View Spoiler
View Quote

lol I thought you might have posted that too soon...
Link Posted: 10/30/2020 4:59:55 AM EDT
[#6]
So is the new season being released week to week or all at once?
Link Posted: 10/30/2020 5:01:08 AM EDT
[#7]
Week to week. It’s the Disney way.
Link Posted: 10/30/2020 5:53:28 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Click To View Spoiler

Damn He looks old....

Link Posted: 10/30/2020 6:43:08 AM EDT
[#9]
Season 2 up now
Link Posted: 10/30/2020 8:01:55 AM EDT
[#10]

The dragon looked awesome.

Only question. Why wasn't Mando dissolved instantly when he went inside? Different gland I suppose.
Link Posted: 10/30/2020 8:18:46 AM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 10/30/2020 9:18:13 AM EDT
[#12]
Good episode and epic ending.
Link Posted: 10/30/2020 9:27:08 AM EDT
[#13]
Awesome start to the new season! What an ending!
Link Posted: 10/30/2020 9:55:50 AM EDT
[#14]
This is full of season 2 ep 1 spoilers

Everything You Missed In the MANDALORIAN SEASON 2 Episode 1 - BREAKDOWN, Connections, Easter Eggs
Link Posted: 10/30/2020 9:57:02 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

Only question. Why wasn't Mando dissolved instantly when he went inside? Different gland I suppose.
View Quote

Beskar with a splash of plot armor haha

I enjoyed it. I Like how they didn’t focus on the child too much. I’m sure that will change in specific episodes but it’s good to see they are not going to make it the “baby yoda” show.

Link Posted: 10/30/2020 10:17:36 AM EDT
[#16]
Good episode.

Link Posted: 10/30/2020 10:20:10 AM EDT
[#17]
Just finished it, loved the Marshal.

He really channeled that former character. Great episode
Link Posted: 10/30/2020 10:23:18 AM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 10/30/2020 11:16:58 AM EDT
[#19]
I wish the franchise would take what Favreau is doing and use him across the whole universe.

I got up at 5 just so I could watch this show before work...and I felt like a kid at Christmas.  The recipe is simple, Disney, give me a good story with awesome visuals and no woke bullshit.

This is the way!
Link Posted: 10/30/2020 12:10:31 PM EDT
[#20]
HOOOOOOOOLY FUCKING SHIT!!!!!!!

THIS SHOW IS AMAZING!!!!!

I LOVE IT!!!!!!

AAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!
Link Posted: 10/30/2020 12:25:16 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
This is full of season 2 ep 1 spoilers

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gwVBEYlYlGg
View Quote

That was cool. Looking forward to watching the episode.
Link Posted: 10/30/2020 12:37:41 PM EDT
[#22]
Just watched it. I can hear Han say "Boba Fett, Boba Fett..."
Link Posted: 10/30/2020 12:38:39 PM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 10/30/2020 1:06:36 PM EDT
[#24]

My guess is that’s Bobba Fett. Crawled out of the Sarlacc, probably saved by Jawas in exchange for his armor?
Link Posted: 10/30/2020 1:18:46 PM EDT
[#25]
Haven't watched it yet, been waiting on my daughter to finish her school work.

Existential Troopers - The Mandalorian
Link Posted: 10/30/2020 1:28:40 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

My guess is that’s Bobba Fett. Crawled out of the Sarlacc, probably saved by Jawas in exchange for his armor?
View Quote

That is 100% Boba Fett.

The actor is Temura Morrison. In EPII Attack of the Clones he played a bounty hunter named Jango Fett, the template all of the Clone Troopers, who later became Storm Troopers, were created from. On top of his payment which was considerable, he demanded only one thing, an unaltered clone for himself. Pure genetic replication, no tampering with the structure to make it more docile, and no growth acceleration. He raised the clone as his son and named him Boba.
Link Posted: 10/30/2020 1:53:40 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

That is 100% Boba Fett.

The actor is Temura Morrison. In EPII Attack of the Clones he played a bounty hunter named Jango Fett, the template all of the Clone Troopers, who later became Storm Troopers, were created from. On top of his payment which was considerable, he demanded only one thing, an unaltered clone for himself. Pure genetic replication, no tampering with the structure to make it more docile, and no growth acceleration. He raised the clone as his son and named him Boba.
View Quote

This. Almost yelled BOBA when I saw morrison

Now we get to start fighting over weather boba was a mandalorian or not
Link Posted: 10/30/2020 2:02:23 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

That is 100% Boba Fett.

View Quote

Lol you’re talking to a massive Star Wars nerd. I’m very well aware of who Boba is and who Jango was. Jango was a Mandolorian from Concord Daw who then later became a bounty hunter. The character in question without hair threw me off although now I can see that he’s the same actor who played Jango in Attack of the Clones.
Link Posted: 10/30/2020 2:07:25 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

View Quote

Ya that’s a tough one. Cause to be a mandolorian, you have to submit to the creed/order. Boba being a clone and a solo bounty hunter kind of goes against that. Doesn’t matter that he’s a clone of Jango since we know that mandolorians are made up of different species, etc.
Link Posted: 10/30/2020 2:08:42 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

View Quote

I'll start, he wasnt.
Link Posted: 10/30/2020 2:17:45 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

View Quote

Maybe it’s Rex?

I always thought Boba wasn’t a Mandalorian, but with the “it’s a creed” thing, isn’t it possible that a tribe picked him up after the Battle of Kamino and made him a foundling? Maybe even the same ones that got Din? Everyone seems to want Din and Boba to be antagonistic but I think it would be pretty cool if they were best buds that grew up together or so.

‘Course, not sure how Din would treat him now that Boba had his armor taken.

Eta: I guess I’m a “casual” fan that hasn’t seen all of TCW and Rebels, nor read any of the books.
Link Posted: 10/30/2020 2:22:27 PM EDT
[#32]
the bartender, Weequay, was one of Jabba's henchmen from RotJ. Looks like he survived the sarlacc pit too
Link Posted: 10/30/2020 2:22:31 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

Ya that’s a tough one. Cause to be a mandolorian, you have to submit to the creed/order. Boba being a clone and a solo bounty hunter kind of goes against that. Doesn’t matter that he’s a clone of Jango since we know that mandolorians are made up of different species, etc.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Canon has at least 4 distinct Mandolorian cultures. Satine's pacifist and relatively normal society, Death Watch, Mando cult of The Way, and Fett's general mercenary. I trust Filoni to eventually explain it all.
Link Posted: 10/30/2020 2:40:40 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

I'll start, he wasnt.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'll start, he wasnt.

Well, a "Mandalorian" is really just an individual that is following the traditions and teachings at this point. It's an identity. Considering that the actual Mandalorian species is dead, save for any retcons.

Personally, I'd say Boba is about as much a mando as the Nulls were. Meaning, not really a mando, but raised in some aspects of the culture.
Link Posted: 10/30/2020 4:33:42 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
the bartender, Weequay, was one of Jabba's henchmen from RotJ. Looks like he survived the sarlacc pit too
View Quote

I think Weequay is a race of aliens.

Also, awesome episode. Danny Cordray is great as a paper salesman AND as a town marshal.

Also also, BOBA FETT!!!! Finally!!!!!!!
Link Posted: 10/30/2020 4:41:06 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

Well, a "Mandalorian" is really just an individual that is following the traditions and teachings at this point. It's an identity. Considering that the actual Mandalorian species is dead, save for any retcons.

Personally, I'd say Boba is about as much a mando as the Nulls were. Meaning, not really a mando, but raised in some aspects of the culture.
View Quote

100% agree. Boba and Jango were Mandalorian. I don’t give a damn what Lucas said. The state of being Mandokarla is embraced by both of them. It’s a creed for sure. The Nulls, Republic Commandos, and even foundlings like Din Djarin all showed this.
Link Posted: 10/30/2020 4:41:15 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

Also, awesome episode. Danny Cordray is great as a paper salesman AND as a town marshal.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Fuckin KNEW I recognized him!
Link Posted: 10/30/2020 4:45:01 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

It came to me about halfway through the episode. Good stuff.
Link Posted: 10/30/2020 5:16:12 PM EDT
[#39]
Timothy Olyphant is the Michael Biehn of marshals.
Link Posted: 10/30/2020 5:17:15 PM EDT
[#40]
THAT WAS FUCKING AWESOME!
Link Posted: 10/30/2020 5:20:13 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

100% agree. Boba and Jango were Mandalorian. I don't give a damn what Lucas said. The state of being Mandokarla is embraced by both of them. It's a creed for sure. The Nulls, Republic Commandos, and even foundlings like Din Djarin all showed this.
View Quote

but have we seen anything indicating that Fett followed any Mandalorian creed? I've been conditioned since ESB and the books from that time that Fett killed a Mandalorian and took the armor as a trophy
Link Posted: 10/30/2020 5:51:25 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
Good episode and epic ending.
View Quote

+1
Link Posted: 10/30/2020 7:03:19 PM EDT
[#43]
This is the way.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 10/30/2020 7:10:10 PM EDT
[#44]
Just upmarking my spot in this thread. Not reading anything.

Gonna watch at 7pm CT while eating my Baked Rigatoni from Buca Di Beppo.

(Hafta watch Wheel, first)

Link Posted: 10/30/2020 7:20:46 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

View Quote

Or Rex. or one of the original clones.
Link Posted: 10/30/2020 7:23:44 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

but have we seen anything indicating that Fett followed any Mandalorian creed? I've been conditioned since ESB and the books from that time that Fett killed a Mandalorian and took the armor as a trophy
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

100% agree. Boba and Jango were Mandalorian. I don't give a damn what Lucas said. The state of being Mandokarla is embraced by both of them. It's a creed for sure. The Nulls, Republic Commandos, and even foundlings like Din Djarin all showed this.

In Legends, Jango is about a Mandalorian as one could be, having been adopted and raised.

In current Cannon, his heritage is unknown and he is disavowed as being an actual Mandalorian, that and his armor is durasteel.

The whole thing is fricken mess.
Link Posted: 10/30/2020 7:26:41 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

View Quote

Beskar suit impervious to whatever the stomach acid was, probably
Link Posted: 10/30/2020 7:27:59 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

View Quote

Also Boba's armor isn't beskar
Link Posted: 10/30/2020 7:33:27 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

View Quote

Or like a real dragon the acid is spit from glands in the mouth, or a spitting cobra.
Link Posted: 10/30/2020 7:34:32 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yeah but how bout the regular shirt between the armor plates?

I know it's plot armor,it just bugged me a little. The acid vomit was a parallel to a dragon breathing fire.
Page / 214
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top