Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 214
Link Posted: 11/27/2020 3:10:01 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Rosario clearly studied the cartoons with some of the mannerisms, some the expressions were spot on, her voice was the only thing that didn't feel right since isn't wasn't Ashley.  

Overall I was pleased with the cartoon to live action transition.  Nothing like this will ever be perfect, I can't think of any other cross media translations that did as well. If they bring Cal Kestis to live action it will translate better because of how they created the character.  

Click To View Spoiler
View Quote

I mean Cal Kestis was straight up the same actor, voice actor, animations, and model. I believe that EA owns the rights to him though.
Link Posted: 11/27/2020 3:12:51 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

Was that Reece? Didn’t place the actor...
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Would've love to see Bill Paxton alongside Behein in this one

Hicks
Link Posted: 11/27/2020 3:16:29 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

Clone Wars was a cartoon.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Honestly, with some better choreography, they wouldn’t have needed to speed anything up.

The Ahsoka/Maul duels in CWS7 we’re some of the best duels in the CW and they were all live action capture. People can do fast and aggressive with the right choreography.

After that, the Ahsoka/Elsbeth duel just seems lazy.

Right. But the fight scene he’s talking about was live motion capture. It looked amazing.
Link Posted: 11/27/2020 3:23:25 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Honestly, with some better choreography, they wouldn’t have needed to speed anything up.

The Ahsoka/Maul duels in CWS7 we’re some of the best duels in the CW and they were all live action capture. People can do fast and aggressive with the right choreography.

Yes. Thanks. I guess.

The Ahsoka/Maul duels in S7 were shot motion capture.  That means live actors did all the actions and the animation was “dubbed” over them.

Here’s a brief video on what they did.

STAR WARS: THE CLONE WARS Official Featurette "Maul vs. Ahsoka" (HD) Ray Park
Link Posted: 11/27/2020 3:23:45 PM EDT
[#5]
That was probably my favorite episode so far.
Link Posted: 11/27/2020 3:42:40 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Hicks
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Hicks

Hudson, sir. —->He’s Hicks.
Link Posted: 11/27/2020 3:50:13 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Hicks

Any questions?
Link Posted: 11/27/2020 3:57:27 PM EDT
[#8]
I thoroughly enjoyed this episode. Rosario did just fine.... she did justice to Ahsoka Tano.

It was nice to see Michael Bien...

Click To View Spoiler
Link Posted: 11/27/2020 3:57:47 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Maybe I was expecting too much, but this episode was a bit of a let down IMO.

Action was OK.

Story was maddening.

Mando: here’s a powerful Jedi youngling that the empire is trying to kidnap for nefarious purposes.

Ahsoka after several decades of resisting the empire: take him to a hill and see if something happens.

I don’t know. You’d think she’d want to be a little more invested than that.

View Quote

With Luke blowing up 2 death stars and starting a new Jedi academy, I would expect Asoka to already be aware of other Jedi. I wonder if sending them to the temple might give a clue to Ezras location.
Link Posted: 11/27/2020 3:59:49 PM EDT
[#10]
Binge watching Clone Wars and I saw this so I did a capture.
Security droid trigger discipline.
Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 11/27/2020 4:00:07 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
The guards in this episode had a Death Korps of Kreig feel to them.
View Quote

Very much so. I thought the very same thing when I saw them
Link Posted: 11/27/2020 4:01:55 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

With Luke blowing up 2 death stars and starting a new Jedi academy, I would expect Asoka to already be aware of other Jedi. I wonder if sending them to the temple might give a clue to Ezras location.
View Quote

You have to remember that Ahsoka got dealt a bad hand by the Jedi. I think she would rather stay as far as way if she can from any Jedi Order even if it is a new one sprung up by Skywalker.
Link Posted: 11/27/2020 4:03:10 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Binge watching Clone Wars and I saw this so I did a capture.
Security droid trigger discipline.
https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/15109/Trigger_jpg-1704453.JPG

View Quote

Nice
Link Posted: 11/27/2020 4:03:46 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

Hicks
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Hicks

Reece in Terminator, although I spelled Reese wrong. I switched it up...
Link Posted: 11/27/2020 4:06:44 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

You have to remember that Ahsoka got dealt a bad hand by the Jedi. I think she would rather stay as far as way if she can from any Jedi Order even if it is a new one sprung up by Skywalker.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Not to mention the name Skywalker might leave her with a bad taste in her mouth.
Link Posted: 11/27/2020 4:09:28 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

Yes. Thanks. I guess.

The Ahsoka/Maul duels in S7 were shot motion capture.  That means live actors did all the actions and the animation was “dubbed” over them.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7mpZ_rtcUIE
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yes. Thanks. I guess.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7mpZ_rtcUIE

That’s cool tech...
Link Posted: 11/27/2020 4:10:45 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

Not to mention the name Skywalker might leave her with a bad taste in her mouth.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Indeed...
Link Posted: 11/27/2020 4:15:57 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

View Quote

Link Posted: 11/27/2020 4:33:01 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Luke is making his way back into SW. Starting with Mando season 4.

Something tells me they are setting up new crossover film trilogy with all these shows that are planned.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hkc-yl0JP2A
View Quote

PSA: Mike Zeroh is the Weekly World News of Star Wars rumors.
Link Posted: 11/27/2020 4:34:18 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Hicks

It’s all good, he was also in a little film called Navy SEALs with Bill Paxton also. Lt. James Curran
Link Posted: 11/27/2020 4:40:04 PM EDT
[#21]
So what was Ashoka doing during the battle of Yavin and the other events of the original trilogy?  Is that covered in Rebels or does that series take places before?

It is hard enough for me to believe that Obi Wan and Yoda just sat on their hands for decades not doing anything about the spread of the empire, but now we got about dozen former jedi who are alive during that time period.  

She didn't reach out to Luke or Leia after finding out he killed the Emperor and Vader? Hayden Christensen's force ghost didn't talk to Snips?
Link Posted: 11/27/2020 4:44:25 PM EDT
[#22]
How this Kim's Convenience star ended up in The Mandalorian
This is pretty cool

Link Posted: 11/27/2020 4:58:44 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
So what was Ashoka doing during the battle of Yavin and the other events of the original trilogy?  Is that covered in Rebels or does that series take places before?

It is hard enough for me to believe that Obi Wan and Yoda just sat on their hands for decades not doing anything about the spread of the empire, but now we got about dozen former jedi who are alive during that time period.  

She didn't reach out to Luke or Leia after finding out he killed the Emperor and Vader? Hayden Christensen's force ghost didn't talk to Snips?
View Quote

Ahsoka should have died in her duel with Vader in Rebels. Ezra saved her with time travel, and she realized the Force didn't mean for her to be part of the rebellion going forward. I'm hoping we get an Ahsoka series showing what she was doing. It's a big galaxy. Remember that she has part of the Daughter in her and might have a larger destiny.
Link Posted: 11/27/2020 4:59:49 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

View Quote

We’ve had this discussion before and I seem to ruffle feathers when I say it...

Luke, Leia, obiwan, yoda, Vader, and Sidious are the only force users alive during the original trilogy. Everyone else is getting retconned in.

That being said, Ahsoka is being retconned in as a part of rebel intelligence during the original trilogy, hence her absence from any screen time.
Link Posted: 11/27/2020 5:01:22 PM EDT
[#25]
God damn!  This show delivers.  
Link Posted: 11/27/2020 5:05:32 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

Luke, Leia, obiwan, yoda, Vader, and Sidious are the only force users alive during the original trilogy. Everyone else is getting retconned in.

That being said, Ahsoka is being retconned in as a part of rebel intelligence during the original trilogy, hence her absence from any screen time.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Duh... Every new entrant into the universe is a retcon.
Link Posted: 11/27/2020 5:08:26 PM EDT
[#27]
Wow, the actress that plays Elsbeth is pretty legit...  Bruce Lee's goddaughter no less.

https://www.imdb.com/name/nm0409262/
Link Posted: 11/27/2020 5:12:39 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

View Quote

That those were the only Force users may have been the original production intent, but there's nothing on screen or in universe saying that. When Kenobi and Yoda said Luke was our only hope and that there was another, you can easily read that as only Anakin's child could turn him. Ahsoka, Kenobi, and Padme had already tried and failed, and those were the 3 people closest to him as Anakin.
Link Posted: 11/27/2020 5:12:43 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yeah, but pointing that out seems to start arguments.

ETA, see the post right above mine.
Link Posted: 11/27/2020 5:17:23 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Not really an argument but the reality of movie production. Basically every franchise changes and adds things as it expands, as long as it doesn't seriously break canon I don't see a problem. Star Wars is far from unique in making it up as you go along. I reserve the word retcon for when new stuff directly contradicts old.
Link Posted: 11/27/2020 5:20:53 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

Not really an argument but the reality of movie production. Basically every franchise changes and adds things as it expands, as long as it doesn't seriously break canon I don't see a problem. Star Wars is far from unique in making it up as you go along. I reserve the word retcon for when new stuff directly contradicts old.
View Quote

I mean according to the original trilogy, they never used the word Sith.  A lot of the canon wasn't in the OG and there was a massive story being built. Most of the story, we knew nothing about. The clone wars, etc.
Link Posted: 11/27/2020 5:28:27 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
Wow, the actress that plays Elsbeth is pretty legit...  Bruce Lee's goddaughter no less.

https://www.imdb.com/name/nm0409262/
View Quote

For a minute I thought it was Ashley Eckstein. They look pretty similar. Would have been funny for Eckstein to play opposite Rosario Dawson.
Link Posted: 11/27/2020 5:29:01 PM EDT
[#33]
Are we going to talk about grogu or just forget that even happened?
Link Posted: 11/27/2020 5:31:46 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
View Quote

We forget that happened.

This is the way.
Link Posted: 11/27/2020 5:32:49 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
View Quote

Hahaha!!! I think we all know “it happened” and have already compartmentalized it and are trying to cope.
Link Posted: 11/27/2020 5:48:50 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
View Quote

This is important
Link Posted: 11/27/2020 5:54:17 PM EDT
[#37]
I guess I'm in the minority. I had my reservations about Rosario Dawson's portrayal of Ahsoka and I feel she did a terrible job. She was wooden and stiff. Neither myself nor my 10 year old daughter liked her.

I am stoked to see Thrawn make it to live action. Hopefully Dawson loosens up and comes into the character because as it is now she's kind of terrible.

Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote

Hahaha!!! I think we all know “it happened” and have already compartmentalized it and are trying to cope.
View Quote

What happened with Grogu? What did I miss?
Link Posted: 11/27/2020 5:55:16 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

This is important
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

This is important

Not following what, specifically, is important. His name? His past training? Other?...
Link Posted: 11/27/2020 5:56:02 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

Not following what, specifically, is important. His name? His past training? Other?...
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

This is important

Yeah, I don't get it either.
Link Posted: 11/27/2020 5:58:49 PM EDT
[#40]
Thrawn! Thrawn!!!! THRAAAAAAAAWN!!!!!!!!!

FAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAACK!!!!!!!!!!

OMG I'm gonna shit myself and faint... Slap me thrice and hand me to my momma.

God fucking bless Jon Favreau holy fucking shit
Link Posted: 11/27/2020 6:02:59 PM EDT
[#41]
Talk about timely, I just got this today in the mail from a friend.

Link Posted: 11/27/2020 6:04:13 PM EDT
[#42]
This was an epic episode. I think Dawson nailed Ahsoka. Yes, she will never move and act 100% like in the animated series, and that’s OK, Obi-Wan and Anakin are nothing like their counterparts in the prequels.
Link Posted: 11/27/2020 6:04:42 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

https://i.ibb.co/Prtbw83/B7-E1165-E-B088-4-BA5-AAA7-1141-FFC17829.jpg
View Quote

Want! How do i get one?
Link Posted: 11/27/2020 6:04:58 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

We forget that happened.

This is the way.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

We forget that happened.

This is the way.

It’s “the child” or “hey, kid”.

Link Posted: 11/27/2020 6:05:28 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

View Quote

I'm grand admiral thrawn look at me!
Link Posted: 11/27/2020 6:06:25 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

Want! How do i get one?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Want! How do i get one?

I’m pretty sure he got it at Disneyland. Maybe a park exclusive?
Link Posted: 11/27/2020 6:13:44 PM EDT
[#47]
Link Posted: 11/27/2020 7:57:21 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

View Quote

Just the name.  Even for a fantasy sci-fi name it’s a little silly.
Link Posted: 11/27/2020 8:11:14 PM EDT
[#49]
Holy crap that was awesome.
Link Posted: 11/27/2020 8:25:34 PM EDT
[#50]
Just watched it.  I'm surprised Ashoka said, "I've only known one other being like this."  I would have thought she'd known about Yaddle.
Page / 214
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top