View All Quotes
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

At what point does Ben turn and Luke goes into hiding?

I going with 20 years from now in the timeline

Yeah, that's about 20 years away from 2x08 Mandalorian.

That's why I'm not certain Grogu was killed when Ben Solo went dark.

Grogu with 20 years of Force training from Luke Skywalker would yeet Ben halfway across the galaxy with a Force Choke.

But think about how Grogu ages.  It's hard to tell because he doesn't talk and talking helps indicate development, but he acts like he's about 4 in human years.  Yet he was in the temple when Order 88 takes place, so he's the same age as Luke.  So when Ben goes bad, he's going to be the equivalent of a 6 year old.  While me may be force-powerful no way anyone with a conscious sends a 6 year old to fight someone.

Order 88?  Was that the order to kill all the Jedi of color or something?

I'm glad at least one person got that.
Link Posted: 12/19/2020 6:28:57 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

I'm pretty sure in one of the early episodes of season 1 they indicate Grogu's age is in the 50s.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

But think about how Grogu ages.  It's hard to tell because he doesn't talk and talking helps indicate development, but he acts like he's about 4 in human years.  Yet he was in the temple when Order 88 takes place, so he's the same age as Luke.  So when Ben goes bad, he's going to be the equivalent of a 6 year old.  While me may be force-powerful no way anyone with a conscious sends a 6 year old to fight someone.

I'm pretty sure in one of the early episodes of season 1 they indicate Grogu's age is in the 50s.
Yea but that's just a number.  It's hard to tell his DEVELOPMENTAL age.
Link Posted: 12/19/2020 6:33:03 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

Notice they did Kickass with Big Daddy in the warehouse and the surveillance footage? Even the music was similar.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KhO0SYOKV-E
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Anyone else notice the similarity between the launch tube on the cruiser to the BSG that starbuck used to get launched from, then she crashed into it?

One of the many little homages to classic shows and movies outside the Star Wars universe.

Notice they did Kickass with Big Daddy in the warehouse and the surveillance footage? Even the music was similar.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KhO0SYOKV-E
I don't see the homage to Big Daddy in the warehouse AT ALL.

There are tons of influential action movies - especially the asian movies - where the mystery stranger comes in fighting a mass of people and it's viewed through a gritty monitor.

The only connection to Big Daddy is that it's one vs many.
Link Posted: 12/19/2020 6:39:52 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

Uh...  they're dead. The Armorer was the only survivor wasn't she?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I wonder how things will go whenever Mando runs into the Armorer or any of his old clan again.

Especially when he takes his helmet off.

And pulls out the Dark Saber.

Yea, that always felt a bit....off.

Like no other mandalorian might have been totally incapacitated , lying on the ground, dragging themselves with their one remaining arm or something like that.
Link Posted: 12/19/2020 6:47:57 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Yea but that's just a number.  It's hard to tell his DEVELOPMENTAL age.
View Quote

Yoda took his first apprentice at 100.
Link Posted: 12/19/2020 6:50:16 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Ok so they had their weapons pointed at the door after watching Luke single handedly take out a pile of dark troopers when Mando could barely scratch one of them.  You think Mando would tell them to put their guns down, that they're useless.
View Quote
even if useless, you still give it a try.
Link Posted: 12/19/2020 7:05:50 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Like no other mandalorian might have been totally incapacitated , lying on the ground, dragging themselves with their one remaining arm or something like that.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
I wonder how things will go whenever Mando runs into the Armorer or any of his old clan again.

EXACTLY!

Seeing how Mando with just a few other Mandalorians seem damn nearly invincible against dozens of stormtroopers it is extremely hard to buy that ALL of those Mandalorians (which were 20+ IIRC) were wiped out and in CQB no less.

Also, even IF they were, why would the imperial troops leave all that beskar?
Link Posted: 12/19/2020 7:07:53 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Yeah, that. In the old EU stuff there were also terteraks, or something like that, but the Jedi drove them to extinction.  IIRC. It's been a while.

ETA: I was close.

Terentatek
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Depends on how far back you go.

Original Trilogy and EU, pretty much only a force user could wield a lightsaber. Normals were more likely to hurt themselves with it. Watch Han cut open a taun-taun in ESB. Certainly only a force user could block blaster bolts. They usually got around regular people not using light sabers by having lightsaber-resistant materials...cortosis, phrik, ultrachrome, beskar, etc., so they could fight Jedi and Sith.

Nowadays, it seems anyone can use one if they get enough practice and learn how it feels (ala Sabine, Pre Vizla, Bo-Katan, Gideon, etc.), but they still can't block blasters. And I think the only canon lightsaber-resistant things currently are beskar, the hide of some beast whose name I forget, and ray-shielded things, like the crackling energy weapons non-Jedi/Sith use.

ETA: I meant to make the point about Din not going head-to-head with 23 Dark Troopers because they would just gun his ass down eventually. Presumably they have better equipment and their blasters aren't magnetically attracted to beskar armor.

Zillow beast

Yeah, that. In the old EU stuff there were also terteraks, or something like that, but the Jedi drove them to extinction.  IIRC. It's been a while.

ETA: I was close.

Terentatek

Crap. I almost forgot. Cat hides are also very lightsaber-resistant. Just ask this one.

He's completely full of Sith. Or some variant spelling of that word.  

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 12/19/2020 7:10:04 PM EDT
[#9]
Holy shit that was fucking awesome!

The CGI for Luke was bad but I can give it because this one episode was better than every new episode ever.

Oh and....

THE BOOK OF BOBA FETT!!!
Link Posted: 12/19/2020 7:10:32 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

From Mando's perspective and limited knowledge of lightsabers his beskar spear was better, and he barely beat one trooper with it.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Spoiler Info don’t read if haven’t seen finale, but I have a question

-why did Mando not use the Dark Saber to start killing the Dark Troopers while Luke was doing all the work?

If he had such a powerful weapon, why just sit with it in his hand and stand their during the entire fight sequence?

From Mando's perspective and limited knowledge of lightsabers his beskar spear was better, and he barely beat one trooper with it.

Except Mando has already seen Ahsoka defeat that chick with the speer
Link Posted: 12/19/2020 7:12:51 PM EDT
[#11]
Anyone else hope the Dark Troopers get used again? They really are under utilized.
Link Posted: 12/19/2020 7:13:20 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

EXACTLY!

Seeing how Mando with just a few other Mandalorians seem damn nearly invincible against dozens of stormtroopers it is extremely hard to buy that ALL of those Mandalorians (which were 20+ IIRC) were wiped out and in CQB no less.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

EXACTLY!

I don't think most of them had full suits of beskar. Din hit the motherlode with that contract. They probably had durasteel with occasional beskar pieces, like he did at the beginning.

Also, didn't she say some might have made it off-world? It's likely that the pile of armor you see was from the last stand as they held off Imperial troops to allow some to escape, particularly with any other foundlings and such. It's been mentioned a couple times that there are other groups like that out there. Other...cohorts, was it? She stayed behind to gather the remains. The final battle likely didn't take place in the sewers outside her door.

None of them would have fled until whatever they may have been protecting was safe, and the Imps wouldn't have left survivors.

Now you guys have me making Kessel Run theories. At least this one would make sense though.

I'm sure there have to be some left, so there can be a big deal about him taking off his helmet. If there isn't, and they don't address it, it's good character growth for Din, but that's literally all it is. Shit, he should just go back and hook up with that widow now.
Link Posted: 12/19/2020 8:30:15 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

Also, didn't she say some might have made it off-world? It's likely that the pile of armor you .... whatever they may have been protecting was safe, and the Imps wouldn't have left survivors.
View Quote

He left some beskar for the foundlings so there are others somewhere (or they were present and what the dead were protecting.
Link Posted: 12/19/2020 8:39:17 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

Careful...you'll get the 'short jump' navi-puter faithful to jump you.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Boba hyperspace jumped out to try to sell the "shuttle in trouble" ruse.  Dead certain he was standing by relatively close, in case the whole thing went tits up and an extraction was needed.  They didn't call for a pickup with the Dark Troopers in the hall because they had no proper exit/hanger/airlock available.

Careful...you'll get the 'short jump' navi-puter faithful to jump you.

Plus, the capital ship cannons were a real threat to his craft.   They take a few seconds to power up and more time to swing so it's pointing in the general direction of the enemy.  Once that happens yea a good pilot can likely jink around making himself a hard to hit target for a gun not really designed to blast small craft - but hang out there long enough and you are just asking to take a 'lucky shot' and get obliterated.
Link Posted: 12/19/2020 9:04:55 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
That was the first decent Star Wars series since I was a child. Solo and Rogue one were okay passible I guess.

Click To View Spoiler
View Quote

FIFY
Link Posted: 12/19/2020 9:07:55 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
If Pascal wasn't such a fag about getting face time, they should have waited until that moment with baby Yoda for him to finally remove his helmet.  It would have put that already amazing scene completely over the top.
View Quote
I've heard that a couple times.

My take on it that having him take of the helmet in the previous episode diminished him taking it off for Baby Yoda making that scene less about him taking off the helmet and more about making a connection with the kid.

Less "OMG he took off his helmet!!!" and more of a touching moment.

It's a subtle thing but I think they made the right choice.
Link Posted: 12/19/2020 9:17:14 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

Except Mando has already seen Ahsoka defeat that chick with the speer
View Quote

Mando has no idea how good that lady was in combat. He's already fought Ahsoka to a draw without the spear and her having 2 sabers.
Link Posted: 12/19/2020 9:17:36 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

A fair point. He seemed enamored with his former master's plan once he realized how it was to unfold.  Almost giddy about finally understanding how every piece of the puzzle fit together. His own lust for power put him on a collision course with Sidious though as he was causing trouble and drawing attention.  

Still, a story told from his point of view would be amazing, even if it casts him as an antihero. He's not though, cause he's a Sith. Doing good is not in their nature.  It would be far more interesting exploring his rule of Mandalore and control of the various crime families. Basically a space Godfather, I guess.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

OH YEAH....I'm jazzed now!

and BTW, Maul is the best character in the entire SW universe.

Yeah Maul is my favorite.  I think he would make a compelling antihero in a series of his own.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KOGovv2mveQ

A fair point. He seemed enamored with his former master's plan once he realized how it was to unfold.  Almost giddy about finally understanding how every piece of the puzzle fit together. His own lust for power put him on a collision course with Sidious though as he was causing trouble and drawing attention.  

Still, a story told from his point of view would be amazing, even if it casts him as an antihero. He's not though, cause he's a Sith. Doing good is not in their nature.  It would be far more interesting exploring his rule of Mandalore and control of the various crime families. Basically a space Godfather, I guess.

I always thought the Sith rule of "there are only ever 2, 1 master and 1 apprentice" didn't make sense galaxy-wide.  It makes sense for each Sith Master to be his own person, no desire to for coalitions with his own apprentices-raised-to-master, or other Sith Masters he may bump into because Sith just aren't going to play nice together.  But it's ridiculous that the Sith lineage doesn't get snuffed out if it's always one leading to one leading to one.

I much better like a Universe where when the Apprentice goes to strike the Master down, he doesn't quite succeed and the old master knowing he is outmatched flees.  The Apprentice take the title of Master and his own apprentice, but the old Master is still out there, taking on an apprentice as well - maybe hating the old apprentace maybe putting it behind him.   Same way sometimes an Apprentice is going to try and kill the Master, fail and flee - but still take up the title Master because obviously in his own eyes he's worthy.

And I think Maul being around still bears this out.  The assumption originally was once he gets cut in half he's fully dead, making way for Anakin to become the new apprentice.  But having Maul live and continue to be a player on the stage really cements that there could be other Sith lineages out there too.
Link Posted: 12/19/2020 9:19:16 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

So where does the fat asian mechanic and black clone trooper fit in???
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Here I fixed the timeline. @Mal_means_bad

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/417902/star_wars_timeline_by_bearbro123_ddfpwnu-1738214.JPG

So where does the fat asian mechanic and black clone trooper fit in???

Well, Finn is no clone. Regardless, probably trash compactor. He didn't follow orders and is likely to do so again, so likely to have been discarded had he not defected.

The mechanic would probably end up dead after an imperial attack destroys whatever ship or base she's one.

Both would be infinitely more realistic endings for such unimportant characters whose stories were just filler.

ETA:  see I'm not the only one thinking "trash compactor".
Link Posted: 12/19/2020 9:24:21 PM EDT
[#20]
Regarding Baby Yoda's age:

Yoda taught Jedi for 800 years and died at 900. So he was at least a Jedi at 100. Baby Yoda is 50 years old, so maybe he is more like a pre-teen than a 4 year old. That would mean at 100 he'd he in his "30s", an appropriate Jedi age from what I can tell
Link Posted: 12/19/2020 9:31:03 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

Covered in spice like Al Pacino in Scarface?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Covered in spice like Al Pacino in Scarface?

Well...  he was working with the Pikes.
Link Posted: 12/19/2020 9:46:18 PM EDT
[#22]
There's nothing saying Yoda's species ages linearly. Kangaroos are born about a month after conception and are the size of a bee. A little less than a year in the pouch and they're adolescents, then live up to around 20 years. Map that to human ranges and we'd gestate for 4 months and be teenagers at 4 years. If the plot needs it Grogu could easily have a growth spurt in the next few years.
Link Posted: 12/19/2020 9:46:36 PM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 12/19/2020 9:49:55 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
There's nothing saying Yoda's species ages linearly. Kangaroos are born about a month after conception and are the size of a bee. A little less than a year in the pouch and they're adolescents, then live up to around 20 years. Map that to human ranges and we'd gestate for 4 months and be teenagers at 4 years. If the plot needs it Grogu could easily have a growth spurt in the next few years.
View Quote

I think IG-11 said something similar right before Din shot him at the end of S1E1.
Link Posted: 12/19/2020 9:51:54 PM EDT
[#25]
Who else canceled Disney after the last episode?
Link Posted: 12/19/2020 9:52:14 PM EDT
[#26]
So is season 2 worth watching? I thought season 1 was ok, with a few cool scenes. But I didn't like it enough to watch season 2 as they were released.
Link Posted: 12/19/2020 9:52:29 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
So is season 2 worth watching? I thought season 1 was ok, with a few cool scenes. But I didn't like it enough to watch season 2 as they were released.
View Quote

Yes.
Link Posted: 12/19/2020 9:57:30 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Spoiler Info don't read if haven't seen finale, but I have a question

-why did Mando not use the Dark Saber to start killing the Dark Troopers while Luke was doing all the work?

If he had such a powerful weapon, why just sit with it in his hand and stand their during the entire fight sequence?

View Quote

Did Luke look like he needed help?
Luke was toying with those things.

Link Posted: 12/19/2020 9:58:10 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
View Quote

Mine is free with verizon. Though, if I paid, me.
Link Posted: 12/19/2020 9:58:43 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

Side note...and no clue if it's true or not...apparently the actor who plays Mando was ineligible for any awards sanctioned under the screen actors guild. Supposedly they have a rule that actors must show their face in order to receive credit on an award. The thinking is that the writers had to create at least a few scenes where Mando takes off the helmet so he is eligible for awards.

Again, this is hearsay. We have folks here that are in the business so maybe they will chime in. If true, it's entirely possible that the writers just manufactured a non sequitur to get the helmet off Mando and it wasn't truly intrinsic to the story at all.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

One important detail here. The not removing his helmet seems to be something specific to his sect.  AFAIK, he's the first on screen Mando where this rule applied, whether it be live action or animated.

Side note...and no clue if it's true or not...apparently the actor who plays Mando was ineligible for any awards sanctioned under the screen actors guild. Supposedly they have a rule that actors must show their face in order to receive credit on an award. The thinking is that the writers had to create at least a few scenes where Mando takes off the helmet so he is eligible for awards.

Again, this is hearsay. We have folks here that are in the business so maybe they will chime in. If true, it's entirely possible that the writers just manufactured a non sequitur to get the helmet off Mando and it wasn't truly intrinsic to the story at all.

Clearly incorrect, as he does take off his helmet in season 1 when in need of medical treatment once the droid is like 'I'm a droid I don't count!'
Link Posted: 12/19/2020 10:01:05 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Spoiler Info don't read if haven't seen finale, but I have a question

There's also the issue of him not being familiar with the weapon.  It would handle very differently than pretty much any other weapon he's used and would need some practice with it, especially considering a mistake could cost him a limb.
Link Posted: 12/19/2020 10:02:29 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
View Quote

I agree... I think they tried to show some growth this season. The appetite... He seemed more verbal, the illusion of length by having individual pant legs & his hand looked really big in the very last scene when Luke was holding him. Like you said growth is not linear, thats why we have "growth spurts"...
Link Posted: 12/19/2020 10:03:35 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

There's also the issue of him not being familiar with the weapon.  It would handle very differently than pretty much any other weapon he's used and would need some practice with it, especially considering a mistake could cost him a limb.
View Quote

he's in beskar cant cut it. he's safe..
Link Posted: 12/19/2020 10:06:53 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

he's in beskar cant cut it. he's safe.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

he's in beskar cant cut it. he's safe.

Lots of area that Beskar isn't covering.

Fwiw, Sabine had to train with it. Vizsla probably did too as he was able to (somewhat) hold his own against Kenobi and Maul, though ultimately lost both fights.

Eta:  if he keeps it and doesn't end up handing it over to Bo-Katan, it could be an avenue to bring Ahsoka back in to train him.
Link Posted: 12/19/2020 10:17:02 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
View Quote

Bro, I thought season 2 topped season 1
Link Posted: 12/19/2020 10:17:21 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
View Quote
Who watched all the episodes and never paid for Disney..
Link Posted: 12/19/2020 10:20:34 PM EDT
[#37]
Wife insisted on waiting until the season was over before watching it, so we binged today with the dog and Grogu... Grogu thought my pork dumplings were frog eggs apparently!

Link Posted: 12/19/2020 10:22:22 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Guess I'll binge it over the 4 day weekend.
Link Posted: 12/19/2020 10:23:57 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

If you’re a trooper and start early enough, it’ll take one day.
Link Posted: 12/19/2020 10:40:37 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Link Posted: 12/19/2020 10:42:00 PM EDT
[#41]
Anyone else think that ending sucked?
Link Posted: 12/19/2020 10:45:39 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
View Quote

No. Just you, Ace.
Link Posted: 12/19/2020 10:50:02 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

No. Just you, Ace.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

No. Just you, Ace.

Igetthatreference.jpg
#gordylachance
Link Posted: 12/19/2020 11:07:21 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
View Quote

Virtue signaling aside, if this is the kind of content they're providing, I'm happy to support it.
Link Posted: 12/19/2020 11:08:43 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
View Quote

Link Posted: 12/19/2020 11:38:20 PM EDT
[#46]
Per Fandom
During Kenobi's visit to the planet Mandalore, he had a brief conversation with Prime Minister Almec about the late Jango Fett. Almec declared that the bounty hunter was not a Mandalorian despite the armor he wore
View Quote
If Jango Fett was not considered a Mandalorian, he could not have trained his clone Boba to be one.  Apparently he wore the armor, but was not a member of the religion.  There is also the idea about honor and code, which Jango apparently did not adhere to.
Link Posted: 12/19/2020 11:40:33 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
Per Fandom
If Jango Fett was not considered a Mandalorian, he could not have trained his clone Boba to be one.  Apparently he wore the armor, but was not a member of the religion.  There is also the idea about honor and code, which Jango apparently did not adhere to.
View Quote

I would like to read more about this. Have a link by chance?
Link Posted: 12/19/2020 11:43:04 PM EDT
[#48]
So if grogu is one of Luke’s students, does that mean he gets massacred by Kylo ren burns down his academy?
Link Posted: 12/19/2020 11:43:42 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Per Fandom

Occurred during TCW series. Fairly early on, iirc, because Almec would be arrested for corruption.  He was of course released and served again after Deathwatch/Maul seized control.
Link Posted: 12/19/2020 11:47:14 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
I don't recognize that line.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Hell, yeah.

Disney has already made their $$$ from the sequels.  I doubt there will be spinoffs and nobody's buying merchandise, because the 5 people on the planet who actually give a shit about those crappy characters have already plunked down their $49.99 for Kylo Ren Anti Pimple Face Cream.

So they can afford to let it die...

Agreed. Earlier, a poster was talking about memorable lines.

I am trying, but can't think of a single memorable phrase from the sequels. I can only think of one memorable scene, the blood on the helmet leasing up the the first reveal of Finn.

The original trilogy offers the classic, "may the force be with you," and "I am your father."

Mandalorian, as noted earlier, offers such gems as "I have spoken," and "this is the way," both already becoming catchphrases, and numerous scenes that are legendary in their one right.

You don't think that "They fly now!?" is going to go down as one of the most iconic lines in film history?
I don't recognize that line.

You should they say it twice, granted it’s not up there with such classics as “ I don’t like sand “ and “ noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo”

Page / 214
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top