Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 3
Link Posted: 3/20/2018 8:34:48 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I watched part of it.......looks like they targeted groups they felt were vulnerable to "MAGA" again because they felt ignored, etc.

What is wrong with that?

One of the many times I saw Parscale on TV, he explained that that is what their data mining was doing and it also showed that it was having an effect to such an extent that their "polling" showed Trump would win a close one.

Why can't they gather that info and use it to win an election by strategically using that info to target groups they feel would like to, for example, see a change from selling America to foreigners to America keeping more of its assets for its own advancement???

Why is this supposed to surprise me and make me angry like I would be when seeing a criminal commit a crime???
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Indeed. I just finished watching the above Youtube video about Bannon's old company.

Sure does explain a lot about Bannon's role in this past Presidential campaign.
I watched part of it.......looks like they targeted groups they felt were vulnerable to "MAGA" again because they felt ignored, etc.

What is wrong with that?

One of the many times I saw Parscale on TV, he explained that that is what their data mining was doing and it also showed that it was having an effect to such an extent that their "polling" showed Trump would win a close one.

Why can't they gather that info and use it to win an election by strategically using that info to target groups they feel would like to, for example, see a change from selling America to foreigners to America keeping more of its assets for its own advancement???

Why is this supposed to surprise me and make me angry like I would be when seeing a criminal commit a crime???
Why are you surprised and angered by manipulated media?
It’s been going on for a long time.

All this thread does is expose one of the Kings.
Do you feel betrayed by the man who created your hero?
Link Posted: 3/20/2018 8:47:36 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

View Quote
Because the manipulated media doesn't cover both sides of the story (which historically has been understood to be their mission).

That is why they get special treatment by our society..........they can editorialize as long as they say that is where they are coming from but journalism should be going for the facts rather than bolstering an agenda at the expense of the true facts.

But campaign workers are not the media and are expected to do what they can to get their ideology/message out to those they feel are most likely to accept them.

Big difference between what a campaign worker's mission is and what the media's mission should be IMHO.  The media has turned into a propaganda organization more than anything else and not a fact finding institution IMHO.

As to your last question...........I'll just take that as a little dig and insinuation that I am a dumbass.......ok, maybe.
Link Posted: 3/20/2018 9:02:16 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Because the manipulated media doesn't cover both sides of the story (which historically has been understood to be their mission).

That is why they get special treatment by our society..........they can editorialize as long as they say that is where they are coming from but journalism should be going for the facts rather than bolstering an agenda at the expense of the true facts.

But campaign workers are not the media and are expected to do what they can to get their ideology/message out to those they feel are most likely to accept them.

Big difference between what a campaign worker's mission is and what the media's mission should be IMHO.  The media has turned into a propaganda organization more than anything else and not a fact finding institution IMHO.

As to your last question...........I'll just take that as a little dig and insinuation that I am a dumbass.......ok, maybe.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

No dig intended. It was an honest question.

You should watch the whole video.
They discussed generating fear (where none existed) based on gathered data.

Bannon used the tactic to create boogie men of Trump’s opponents (both R and D).
You are correct, it is a tactict that the Left has widely used before.
Of course they have no morals and we do, Right?
Link Posted: 3/20/2018 9:29:07 AM EDT
[#4]
Lol, Ted Cruz used the same firm.

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2015/dec/11/senator-ted-cruz-president-campaign-facebook-user-data
Link Posted: 3/20/2018 9:30:08 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Bannon used the tactic to create boogie men of Trump’s opponents (both R and D).
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I have more morals than the Left does...........that I KNOW!!!

ETA:  On a serious note though........was it really an earth shattering accomplishment to show America that Hillary was a corrupt, mean and evil human being?

I don't think it was..........well to those who they identified would at least be open to discussion on that subject.
Link Posted: 3/20/2018 9:36:08 AM EDT
[#6]
Meanwhile, in Texas...

https://www.dallasnews.com/news/politics/2018/03/19/ted-cruz-fire-cambridge-analytica-scandal-firm-targeted-voters-data-50m-facebook-users
Link Posted: 3/20/2018 9:39:17 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2015/dec/11/senator-ted-cruz-president-campaign-facebook-user-data
View Quote
Don’t rain on the never trumpers parade, they’ve been wrong about so much let them think “Drumpf is done for “ just this once.  
Link Posted: 3/20/2018 9:40:30 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Holy shit the desperation in this thread.

There just HAS to be a reason that Trump won , other than people voted for him.

48 hours ago nobody on this board knew who CA is, today they are the devious demons who unseated the anointed one and the booger eater.

You guys should petition ARFCOM for your SSRI badges.
View Quote
What the selectively quoted text doesn't say is that Ted Cruz used the same firm
Link Posted: 3/20/2018 9:44:39 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

What are your thoughts on CA blackmailing politicians using methods such as sending hookers to hang around their homes?
View Quote
So, what are your thoughts on Ted Cruz employing the very same firm?
Link Posted: 3/20/2018 9:45:42 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

ETA:  On a serious note though........was it really an earth shattering accomplishment to show America that Hillary was a corrupt, mean and evil human being?

I don't think it was..........well to those who they identified would at least be open to discussion on that subject.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

You can't get diehard 5th Avenue supporters without a bit of psychological warfare.
Link Posted: 3/20/2018 9:46:28 AM EDT
[#11]
there is no news in the world only propaganda
Link Posted: 3/20/2018 9:46:32 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Sorry your girl lost.
View Quote
Link Posted: 3/20/2018 9:47:57 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

You can't get diehard 5th Avenue supporters without a bit of psychological warfare.
View Quote
It didn't take much "psychological warfare" to get me to not vote for Hillary.

In fact it took zero psychological warfare to make me do that.
Link Posted: 3/20/2018 9:48:35 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

What are your thoughts on CA blackmailing politicians using methods such as sending hookers to hang around their homes?
It would certainly explain why Cruz eventually rolled over and endorsed Trump.
Link Posted: 3/20/2018 9:52:38 AM EDT
[#15]
Nobody gives a fuck about this bullshit.
Link Posted: 3/20/2018 9:56:45 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
View Quote
The UK police units raiding Cambridge Analytica's headquarters this morning would tell you otherwise.
Link Posted: 3/20/2018 9:59:24 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Bannon riled everyone up with a bunch of fake news. Why shouldn't we bash him? As they said in the video. Facts aren't as important as emotions.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
This never trumper bullshit is getting old, I’m not happy about him talking about gun control but some of you would rather have Hilary as president.
Post in the wrong thread?

If you read the thread title this is a Bannon bashing thread.
Maybe but all the never trumpers are here bashing bannon. So the comment stands.
Bannon riled everyone up with a bunch of fake news. Why shouldn't we bash him? As they said in the video. Facts aren't as important as emotions.
Whar fake news? When are you going to accept Trumps policy positions just polled better than the witch’s? Whether or not he’s going to stick to them we will see over the next 7 years. Regardless, there is no mystery as to why he won unless you’re in the liberal bubble and couldn’t fathom non believers in the democrat dogma.
Link Posted: 3/20/2018 10:04:58 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
View Quote
That is incorrect. There is a contingent of the population so consumed with self importance that there simply must be shown a reason for them to have lost other than they were simply wrong. Because it is absolutely impossible for them to accept that they were, are and forever more will be wrong about this election.

It's what happens when you get emotionally involved in situations entirely out of your control.

This shit does matter to those people, as you can see in this thread.
Link Posted: 3/20/2018 10:05:03 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Whar fake news? When are you going to accept Trumps policy positions just polled better than the witch’s? Whether or not he’s going to stick to them we will see over the next 7 years. Regardless, there is no mystery as to why he won unless you’re in the liberal bubble and couldn’t fathom non believers in the democrat dogma.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
This never trumper bullshit is getting old, I’m not happy about him talking about gun control but some of you would rather have Hilary as president.

Maybe but all the never trumpers are here bashing bannon. So the comment stands.
If you really think this is lasting 7 more years, you should probably consider you might be the one in the bubble.
Link Posted: 3/20/2018 10:07:27 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
If you really think this is lasting 7 more years, you should probably consider you might be the one in the bubble.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Delete your account when he gets re elected?
Link Posted: 3/20/2018 10:22:43 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

I guess they're trying to tie the whole thing back to their Russian boogeyman, from what I can tell, because this firm gave a presentation to a Russian oil company trying to get some business in 2014.  It went no where and they have no tie to Russia other than a single presentation.

This is some serious grasping at straws, unless someone can point out what I missed in the article.
View Quote
On the macro level, this is just another play by the Left to undercut the Right's use of social media to get their message to the people bypassing the regular DNC Pravda outlets. Facebook changes their algorithms hitting Conservative sites, YouTube employing the SPLC to police content, and Twitter banning people they disagree with.

Remember that one of the main criticisms of the Romney campaign was how far behind they were in micro targeting voters vs the Obama campaign. Well, that problem was fixed by 2016 and the Cruz and Trump campaigns used the same firm as to not lag behind like Romney did knowing full well that Clinton was using the same apparatus that Obama used.
Link Posted: 3/20/2018 10:30:16 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
On the macro level, this is just another play by the Left to undercut the Right's use of social media to get their message to the people bypassing the regular DNC Pravda outlets. Facebook changes their algorithms hitting Conservative sites, YouTube employing the SPLC to police content, and Twitter banning people they disagree with.

Remember that one of the main criticisms of the Romney campaign was how far behind they were in micro targeting voters vs the Obama campaign. Well, that problem was fixed by 2016 and the Cruz and Trump campaigns used the same firm as to not lag behind like Romney did knowing full well that Clinton was using the same apparatus that Obama used.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I guess they're trying to tie the whole thing back to their Russian boogeyman, from what I can tell, because this firm gave a presentation to a Russian oil company trying to get some business in 2014.  It went no where and they have no tie to Russia other than a single presentation.

This is some serious grasping at straws, unless someone can point out what I missed in the article.

Pretty much. The whole thing is blown out of proportion. I wonder what the actual facebook to votes conversion rate is? I imagine it is insignificant.
Link Posted: 3/20/2018 10:35:51 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

He won’t, it’s the only thing he has to live for.
Link Posted: 3/20/2018 10:59:04 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Sorry your girl lost.
View Quote
Sorry your girl won.

Link Posted: 3/20/2018 11:03:41 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

View Quote
Quoted:
Meanwhile, in Texas...

https://www.dallasnews.com/news/politics/2018/03/19/ted-cruz-fire-cambridge-analytica-scandal-firm-targeted-voters-data-50m-facebook-users
View Quote
Quoted:

What the selectively quoted text doesn't say is that Ted Cruz used the same firm
View Quote
Link Posted: 3/20/2018 11:05:02 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
there is no news in the world only propaganda
View Quote
I would disagree.

It is all "NEWS". How it is used is propaganda.
Link Posted: 3/20/2018 11:09:07 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

No one on the Right needed to be told (ad nausea) that sHrillary was evil.

She was the worst Candidate the Dims have had in a long while.

Why all the Demonetization of the Right?
What is Globalist Corporation CA/Bannon's interest in manipulating US elections?
Link Posted: 3/20/2018 11:10:31 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

The point of this thread went right over your head, didn't it?
Link Posted: 3/20/2018 11:10:54 AM EDT
[#29]
This all sounds like typical, sleazy, digital marketing practices.

I believe that all other political campaigns since database marketing began deserve the same level of scrutiny into their activities, so we can discern whether or not this is more histrionics or something real.
Link Posted: 3/20/2018 11:11:48 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

What is Globalist Corporation CA/Bannon's interest in manipulating US elections?
View Quote
Why did Bannon demonitize the right?

Is that what you are saying and asking?

I don't follow what you are asking?
Link Posted: 3/20/2018 11:16:31 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
This all sounds like typical, sleazy, digital marketing practices.

I believe that all other political campaigns since database marketing began deserve the same level of scrutiny into their activities, so we can discern whether or not this is more histrionics or something real.
View Quote
The blackmailing and Ukrainian hookers is kind of a new angle.
Link Posted: 3/20/2018 11:25:00 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Historical data doesnt exist in 2018 eh. The Trump platform was popular before Trump or CA or Bannon. Ask coulter about it.
Link Posted: 3/20/2018 11:40:58 AM EDT
[#33]
Link Posted: 3/20/2018 11:41:35 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yes, why did CA/Bannon via the Trump campaign attack Right leaning (not RINO) politicians?
Link Posted: 3/20/2018 11:42:58 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

Yes, why did CA/Bannon via the Trump campaign attack Right leaning (not RINO) politicians?
View Quote
To win?
Link Posted: 3/20/2018 11:43:49 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
Historical data doesnt exist in 2018 eh. The Trump platform was popular before Trump or CA or Bannon. Ask coulter about it.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yes, it’s what all middle/Right voters want to hear.
Link Posted: 3/20/2018 11:44:00 AM EDT
[#37]
Funny how I never see certain "neverTrump" posters put forth a fraction of the effort they spend on stirring up controversy about Trump and apply it to Democrat scandals. In the case of a select few they even go as far as to provide damage control for the left.

Yup, no shills here, folks. Move along!
Link Posted: 3/20/2018 11:45:54 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
To win?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

To win?
Now we’re talking!

Why did Globalist Corporation CA/Bannon want Trump to win?
Link Posted: 3/20/2018 11:47:49 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
Now we’re talking!

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

To win?
Now we’re talking!

I think we have reached the crossroads...........he wanted to MAGA?
Link Posted: 3/20/2018 11:54:59 AM EDT
[#40]
Authorities Seek Warrant to Raid Offices of Cambridge Analytica Amid Facebook Data Showdown

https://gizmodo.com/authorities-seek-warrant-to-raid-offices-of-cambridge-a-1823901299

"Only the best people"
Link Posted: 3/20/2018 12:03:16 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

View Quote
Yeah, it's like they got their operating manual from Fusion GPS, the DOJ and top tier of the FBI.

Imagine that, politics is sleazy, political consultants are sleazy, and they do sleazy things.

Report is long on accusations and insinuations about the 2016 US election, but typically bereft of fact.  It also does a fine job of enmeshing completely normal, legal, and typical digital marketing and data mining activities with Ukrainian hookers, the 2016 US election, and Trump.  All we need is a dossier of urinating on beds and we're good to go.  Garbage propaganda is garbage propaganda.  Or maybe Trump sent Ukrainian hookers to Hillary's house and filmed it.  Yeah, that's What Happened.

Channel 4 is as credible as FeedBuzz, PuffHo and Vox.
Link Posted: 3/20/2018 12:10:52 PM EDT
[#42]
What's really going on

Opinion piece from Shapiro who isn't a fan of Bannon, didn't support Trump during the election, and routinely calls Trump out.
Link Posted: 3/20/2018 12:12:28 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
Yeah, it's like they got their operating manual from Fusion GPS, the DOJ and top tier of the FBI.

Imagine that, politics is sleazy, political consultants are sleazy, and they do sleazy things.

Report is long on accusations and insinuations about the 2016 US election, but typically bereft of fact.  It also does a fine job of enmeshing completely normal, legal, and typical digital marketing and data mining activities with Ukrainian hookers, the 2016 US election, and Trump.  All we need is a dossier of urinating on beds and we're good to go.  Garbage propaganda is garbage propaganda.  Or maybe Trump sent Ukrainian hookers to Hillary's house and filmed it.  Yeah, that's What Happened.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

As they were saying. Emotions over facts.
Link Posted: 3/20/2018 12:16:18 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
What's really going on

Opinion piece from Shapiro who isn't a fan of Bannon, didn't support Trump during the election, and routinely calls Trump out.
View Quote
"Hey it's OK Obama did it"

When we become the enemy to defeat the enemy, we become the enemy.
Link Posted: 3/20/2018 12:25:08 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
What's really going on

What is wrong with using big data to manage a campaign? It wasnt wrong when obama did it and its not wrong now. We live in the future, adapt or become a romney.
Link Posted: 3/20/2018 12:27:48 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

View Quote
So Cruz is the enemy now? Lulz
Link Posted: 3/20/2018 12:28:01 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
What is wrong with using big data to manage a campaign? It wasnt wrong when obama did it and its not wrong now. We live in the future, adapt or become a romney.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
What's really going on

Not one thing.
Unless it was done illegally or for Nefarious Globalist's benefits.
Link Posted: 3/20/2018 12:38:06 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

View Quote
When Ted Cruz is employing the same firm it's an asset and learning from past mistakes from the Romney campaign vs Trump who has no ground game.

When Trump hires the same people who worked on the Cruz campaign it's snide remarks about only the best people and obviously colluding with the Russians.
Link Posted: 3/20/2018 12:45:24 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
When Ted Cruz is employing the same firm it's an asset and learning from past mistakes from the Romney campaign vs Trump who has no ground game.

When Trump hires the same people who worked on the Cruz campaign it's snide remarks about only the best people and obviously colluding with the Russians.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

...said no one but you.
Link Posted: 3/20/2018 3:29:05 PM EDT
[#50]
Cambridge Analytica: Undercover Secrets of Trump's Data Firm
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top