Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 6
Link Posted: 10/15/2021 6:30:47 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Ehhh, my Mod 2 CQB won't reliably cycle most steel case stuff unsuppressed.
View Quote
That's good to know. I think the pendulum has swung back as suppressors have become more prevalent. For a while people were complaining about stuff not running on trash ammo and the manufacturers caved, like RustedAce posted above.

In the words of Gunthots, "just drill the hole smaller, dummy".
Link Posted: 10/15/2021 6:35:27 PM EDT
[#2]
For all those people saying that what CAG shoots doesnt or shouldnt inform civilian decisions...

I don't shoot underpowered steel cased ammo and neither does CAG...

I do shoot under nods with a suppressor and prefer to not have the autogating on my tubes kick in with every shot... guess what, neither does CAG...

I think that a lot of people on this board would find that a lot of the downrange considerations of CAG guns align with the considerations that they put into their own purchase decisions. Not saying that it applies to every person who owns an AR, but if you shoot more than the average AR owner, with a higher standard of accuracy for yourself, and demand a higher level of reliability, then I think it would be foolish to ignore what CAG looks at. You don't necessarily have to agree with the choice that CAG makes, but I think its at least important to understand the reasoning behind what they choose. Frankly, they could shoot anything out there, and they would shoot something else if the assaulters felt it gave them more performance.

Link Posted: 10/15/2021 6:39:56 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

I actually still have one of the original legacy SR15s with the smaller gas port, if I recall at some point everyone complained at them so much they opened it up.
View Quote
I believe I read a post from Trey Knight saying exactly that.

Its sad.  I never got to shoot one of the original intermediate gas SR15s, but I always heard they were dreamy.
Link Posted: 10/15/2021 6:43:53 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

I'd shoot one.

Chinese no?
View Quote

Yeah, it's the QBZ-191.  I figured since General Miley is talking to them about potential troop movements he might get us in on that sweetie pie too.
Link Posted: 10/15/2021 6:48:43 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

G should immediately stop selling RBCG bolts to civilians. That way I can sell my bolt for $700 while everyone cheers on how awesome and rare it is
View Quote
I remember about five years ago I sold a Larue BCG for $390.

I thought that was nuts but the guy happily paid it.
Link Posted: 10/15/2021 7:14:14 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
For all those people saying that what CAG shoots doesnt or shouldnt inform civilian decisions...

I don't shoot underpowered steel cased ammo and neither does CAG...

I do shoot under nods with a suppressor and prefer to not have the autogating on my tubes kick in with every shot... guess what, neither does CAG...

I think that a lot of people on this board would find that a lot of the downrange considerations of CAG guns align with the considerations that they put into their own purchase decisions. Not saying that it applies to every person who owns an AR, but if you shoot more than the average AR owner, with a higher standard of accuracy for yourself, and demand a higher level of reliability, then I think it would be foolish to ignore what CAG looks at. You don't necessarily have to agree with the choice that CAG makes, but I think its at least important to understand the reasoning behind what they choose. Frankly, they could shoot anything out there, and they would shoot something else if the assaulters felt it gave them more performance.

View Quote

Well said.

That goes with all JSOC units. They get the best that is available for their needs.
Link Posted: 10/15/2021 7:18:33 PM EDT
[#7]
Not a Joglee thread.
Link Posted: 10/15/2021 7:34:19 PM EDT
[#8]
MP7 chambered in .50 Beowolf
Link Posted: 10/15/2021 7:35:07 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Delta does operations in extremis, far away from logistics.
View Quote

Lol
Link Posted: 10/15/2021 7:39:33 PM EDT
[#10]

Ok, I'm probably the only one that doesn't recognize this rifle.  The hand guard and anodizing looks like Geissele.  Can some one let me know who built this rifle.  IM me if you don't want to divulge the info in this thread.
Link Posted: 10/15/2021 8:17:22 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

G had some issues with one of their rail systems. I believe it’s been addressed by a design change.
View Quote

Ugh, you hate to hear it.  All my carbines have G rails...
Link Posted: 10/15/2021 8:19:25 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

G had some issues with one of their rail systems. I believe it’s been addressed by a design change.

They are good to go.
Link Posted: 10/15/2021 8:20:27 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

Ok, I'm probably the only one that doesn't recognize this rifle.  The hand guard and anodizing looks like Geissele.  Can some one let me know who built this rifle.  IM me if you don't want to divulge the info in this thread.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

It looks to be the rifle that this thread is about.
Link Posted: 10/15/2021 8:20:27 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

They are good to go.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

They are good to go.

Nope, send them to me for destruction.
Link Posted: 10/15/2021 8:23:50 PM EDT
[#15]
I wouldn’t mock CAG/Deltas choices.  Across any given timeframe, you could pretty much endlessly mock GD’s understanding of those choices or their applicability to different contexts.
Link Posted: 10/15/2021 8:24:51 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

Have no idea. It could be anything really. It didn’t fit their requirements, didn't like how it was suppressed etc etc.

As a KAC and LMT fanboy myself, I will say that my 11.5" G and the 16" G's that I have shot, are very smooth, suppressed or not.
View Quote

I have never used a KAC gun that shot well suppressed , sample size of three. Those guns need an adjustable gas block IMO.
Link Posted: 10/15/2021 8:27:48 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

View Quote

Thanks Captain Obvious.
Link Posted: 10/15/2021 8:29:04 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

I actually still have one of the original legacy SR15s with the smaller gas port, if I recall at some point everyone complained at them so much they opened it up.
View Quote

Exactly what happened. I was pretty bummed when I realized after the fact. Regardless, the SR25 should definitely be less gassy than the ACC I had, bigger port or not.
Link Posted: 10/15/2021 8:29:30 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

Thanks Captain Obvious.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Thanks Captain Obvious.

Well, what do you mean by "who built it" then?
Link Posted: 10/15/2021 8:33:43 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
I believe I read a post from Trey Knight saying exactly that.

Its sad.  I never got to shoot one of the original intermediate gas SR15s, but I always heard they were dreamy.
View Quote

I didnt even shoot mine until I installed my in-the-white 3t, to this day I still have not been able to get another AR to feel that smooth.
Link Posted: 10/15/2021 8:34:17 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

Well, what do you mean by "who built it" then?
View Quote

As I said earlier, who is the manufacturer?  What company, what are the features?  Is there any data that can be shared without creating a problem?
Link Posted: 10/15/2021 8:37:06 PM EDT
[#22]
Did op ever tell us or is this thread gonna be a gay ass guessing game the entire fucking time
Link Posted: 10/15/2021 8:47:32 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Who is Bill?
View Quote

Bill Shatner.  just went to space on a Musk rocket.  try and keep up, bud
Link Posted: 10/15/2021 8:47:43 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

No shit?  Thanks for the heads up, but my question still stands.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
We"re on a gun forum.

No shit?  Thanks for the heads up, but my question still stands.

I know your point is that what secret squirrel groups do shouldn't have an impact on most people's selection because 99.9% of the people out there will not see any appreciable difference as they just don't use the weapon as hard, but stuff like this is interesting and it gives people piece of mind to know that if Delta or whoever approves, then they know it's quality equipment they can rely on.
Link Posted: 10/15/2021 8:49:10 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

As I said earlier, who is the manufacturer?  What company, what are the features?  Is there any data that can be shared without creating a problem?
View Quote

Quoted:
Did op ever tell us or is this thread gonna be a gay ass guessing game the entire fucking time
View Quote

Top of page 3 since you guys can't seem to read the thread.
Link Posted: 10/15/2021 8:51:31 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

Ehhh, my Mod 2 CQB won’t reliably cycle most steel case stuff unsuppressed.
View Quote

Recently I bought one as well and it’s shocking how lazy the ejection is with brass 223. I Really need to get out and try some full powered 556. I’ve heard other say that they are “overgassed” but that hasn’t been my experience with my 11.5 so far.
Link Posted: 10/15/2021 8:59:09 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

Recently I bought one as well and it’s shocking how lazy the ejection is with brass 223. I Really need to get out and try some full powered 556. I’ve heard other say that they are “overgassed” but that hasn’t been my experience with my 11.5 so far.
View Quote

Mine flings brass to the next zip code when suppressed
Link Posted: 10/15/2021 9:02:29 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

View Quote

Can is going to play a huge role in that.

That being said, people complaining about oversized ports on Mod 2 must be a recent thing.

I someways remember them being right on the money with their gassing, although I could see them having opened them up because people whining about their cheap shitty ammo having cycling issues.
Link Posted: 10/15/2021 9:38:59 PM EDT
[#29]
Two well put together simple DI guns that aren't over heavy.
Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 10/15/2021 9:41:06 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

View Quote

Get a KAC adjustable gas system on a Form 4.
Link Posted: 10/15/2021 9:45:21 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

MCXs are fucking great rifles, and given everyone's propensity for adopting Sigs as of late, I wouldn't be surprised to see their more widespread use.
View Quote
This is the way.
Link Posted: 10/15/2021 9:45:40 PM EDT
[#32]
Link Posted: 10/15/2021 10:51:19 PM EDT
[#33]

I recall reading in the devgru thread that the 556 barrel has a .081 gas port.  I wonder why they’d pick that blown out port for a suppressed rifle.

They sure look good though.
Link Posted: 10/15/2021 10:52:46 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

I recall reading in the devgru thread that the 556 barrel has a .081 gas port.  I wonder why they’d pick that blown out port for a suppressed rifle.

They sure look good though.
View Quote

That doesn’t make much sense, that’s an absolutely massive gas port.
Link Posted: 10/16/2021 2:14:18 AM EDT
[#35]
Link Posted: 10/16/2021 2:49:18 AM EDT
[#36]
They already have sigs. Have had them for awhile. Specifically purchased for an alternate caliber. I know a guy who worked on the purchase right before he retired.
Link Posted: 10/16/2021 2:59:15 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
They already have sigs. Have had them for awhile. Specifically purchased for an alternate caliber. I know a guy who worked on the purchase right before he retired.
View Quote

Yeah, they have the LVAW in .300 black. That isn't the "standard issue" carbine though. It wasn't a replacement for the 416 like this is.
Link Posted: 10/16/2021 3:57:15 AM EDT
[#38]
I have a hard time believing they went with a 10.3
Link Posted: 10/16/2021 4:37:26 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
I have a hard time believing they went with a 10.3
View Quote

Why? They have been using a 10.4 HK416 since 2005.
Link Posted: 10/16/2021 4:43:06 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
Hesse or Del-ton.  Just as good.
View Quote

Isn't Model1 sales around anymore?
Link Posted: 10/16/2021 4:48:25 AM EDT
[#41]
Link Posted: 10/16/2021 5:35:30 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

Dude. You just blew my mind. I have no idea why that's such an epiphany to me, but it totally changes my way of thinking.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Take a look at race cars.

They're wicked fast and handle as if on rails.  Tires only last 200 miles and engines only 500 miles.

"The very best" is different if you're staging one-day assaults and have a large logistics train or if -- as the meme says -- "no one is coming to help you".

Dude. You just blew my mind. I have no idea why that's such an epiphany to me, but it totally changes my way of thinking.

This is why my HD carbine wears an Aimpoint instead of an EOTech; EOTech is a great optic for kicking in doors (or playing with nods), but when you don't know when shits kicking off the battery life/always on of the Aimpoints make them the winner.
Link Posted: 10/16/2021 9:05:56 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

This is why my HD carbine wears an Aimpoint instead of an EOTech; EOTech is a great optic for kicking in doors (or playing with nods), but when you don't know when shits kicking off the battery life/always on of the Aimpoints make them the winner.
View Quote

Mission dictates gear. If you pick the time and place, EOTech all day. If the time and place picks you, aimpoint or Romeo 4T
Link Posted: 10/16/2021 11:47:01 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

Mission dictates gear. If you pick the time and place, EOTech all day. If the time and place picks you, aimpoint or Romeo 4T
View Quote

funny you say that. I was reading through former Devgru Justin Sheffield's book, Mob VI, and he mentions changing out his batteries on his laser, optic, nods, etc. prior to (what seems like) every mission. I'm sure their support train enables them to run just about anything, if it breaks... replace. I saw a post from former DG Slade on instagram where they are sighting in spare guns (HK416s). Picking what works for them may be an indicator of a hard use rifle, but everything that goes along with the upkeep is not going to be easy for us. It's the sole reason I got rid of my HK416 clone. Yeah I'll never run it as hard and nothing will probably ever break on it but why take that chance?
Link Posted: 10/16/2021 11:55:56 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

Why?
View Quote

Cuz GD says 11.5 is best, dammit

Link Posted: 10/16/2021 12:06:07 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
Finally, the Stoner 63 is back!
View Quote

Should never have left.
Link Posted: 10/16/2021 12:13:09 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
DPMS and Bushmaster mash-ups from CDNN?

Kharn
View Quote

I got a Remington/ Bushmaster mashup from CDNN and  it’s great!
Link Posted: 10/16/2021 12:21:08 PM EDT
[#48]
CAG: “ Have Bill call me”
Link Posted: 10/16/2021 12:33:24 PM EDT
[#49]
Source of strong rumors?

This is great for all the G black oxide haters.
Link Posted: 10/16/2021 12:38:14 PM EDT
[#50]
It’s awesome. I hope G makes a mint and that leads to more innovation.
Page / 6
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top