Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 332
Link Posted: 1/17/2024 8:36:07 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

I honestly doubt if Alabama will even come close to sniffing the playoffs next year at this rate.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

It certainly won't involve UW next season.

They now have 2 returning starters and lost over 1/3 of the entire roster in about one week.

I honestly doubt if Alabama will even come close to sniffing the playoffs next year at this rate.

expanded 12 team playoff?
Link Posted: 1/17/2024 8:37:09 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

I dont know..............never know how those things will play out. I figured there would be a period of transition with changing coaches, and I dont personally see DeBoer being a Rich Rod type coach. As for the players transferring, that was always a possibility as many of them came to play for Saban, and they are getting lots of greenbacks waived in their faces. But in the same way, other players will enter the portal during the Spring period and I'd be willing to bet there will be some come to Bama as well...........already got a line on a WR and highly rated center.
I think you will see the same for Michigan in the coming weeks after Harbaugh decides which way he is going...........but demanding a "no fire" clause in his new contract for things that may or may not get Michigan penalized in the future is telling.
View Quote

Except Michigan’s next coach is on the current staff. Turnover will be minimal
Link Posted: 1/17/2024 8:37:09 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Paul Finebaum is like having a panic attack about all the Alabama players leaving. Losing important assistant coaches. Lol

I might be changing my mind on the DeBoer hire....... It's giving me serious Rich Rod vibes. Not kidding.
View Quote

well finebaum is a whiny bitch and he cant get the taste of saban asshole off his tongue so......

Link Posted: 1/17/2024 8:38:12 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I dont know..............never know how those things will play out. I figured there would be a period of transition with changing coaches, and I dont personally see DeBoer being a Rich Rod type coach. As for the players transferring, that was always a possibility as many of them came to play for Saban, and they are getting lots of greenbacks waived in their faces. But in the same way, other players will enter the portal during the Spring period and I'd be willing to bet there will be some come to Bama as well...........already got a line on a WR and highly rated center.
I think you will see the same for Michigan in the coming weeks after Harbaugh decides which way he is going...........but demanding a "no fire" clause in his new contract for things that may or may not get Michigan penalized in the future is telling.

You hope............you also face the potential of those coaches being poached, and players leaving because they wanted to play for those coaches.
Link Posted: 1/17/2024 8:40:33 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

You hope............you also face the potential of those coaches being poached, and players leaving because they wanted to play for those coaches.
View Quote

Michigan’s OC will be the head coach when Jim leaves for the NFL. Minter (the DC) will go to the NFL next year, and another low-level Ravens defensive assistant will step in and continue the Ravens internship program
Link Posted: 1/17/2024 8:43:02 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Michigan’s OC will be the head coach when Jim leaves for the NFL. Minter (the DC) will go to the NFL next year, and another low-level Ravens defensive assistant will step in and continue the Ravens internship program
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Harbaugh may take a few of them with him to the NFL as well
Link Posted: 1/17/2024 8:45:36 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Harbaugh may take a few of them with him to the NFL as well
View Quote

Maybe Minter, but I think he is a year away.
Link Posted: 1/17/2024 8:57:56 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

I dont know..............never know how those things will play out. I figured there would be a period of transition with changing coaches, and I dont personally see DeBoer being a Rich Rod type coach........I think he will do fine. As for the players transferring, that was always a possibility as many of them came to play for Saban, and they are getting lots of greenbacks waived in their faces. But in the same way, other players will enter the portal during the Spring period and I'd be willing to bet there will be some come to Bama as well...........already got a line on a WR and highly rated center.
View Quote

I think my point was more about the exodus of talent, coaches and trying to force in a new culture that really doomed Rich Rod.
Link Posted: 1/17/2024 9:02:34 PM EDT
[#9]
Caleb Downs is now in the transfer portal. He will make a huge impact on any team’s secondary (please go to UGA).
Link Posted: 1/17/2024 9:04:23 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

I think my point was more about the exodus of talent, coaches and trying to force in a new culture that really doomed Rich Rod.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I dont know..............never know how those things will play out. I figured there would be a period of transition with changing coaches, and I dont personally see DeBoer being a Rich Rod type coach........I think he will do fine. As for the players transferring, that was always a possibility as many of them came to play for Saban, and they are getting lots of greenbacks waived in their faces. But in the same way, other players will enter the portal during the Spring period and I'd be willing to bet there will be some come to Bama as well...........already got a line on a WR and highly rated center.

Well, there is always the chance, but DeBoer has already got a jump on things with bringing Courtney Morgan with him.............the players who transferred out were probably going to leave regardless...... It happens with new coaches, but there is another portal and talent will also come in as well...............and I look for the NIL collective to have Saban involvement (in fact there are reports he will still be around to assist with NIL) and he is a hell of a fundraiser, so in the long run I think they will be ok. I dont think the culture will change significantly
Link Posted: 1/17/2024 9:09:30 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Caleb Downs is now in the transfer portal. He will make a huge impact on any team's secondary (please go to UGA).
View Quote

You Georgia guys already had enough of an embarrassment of riches from the portal and coaching hires.
Link Posted: 1/18/2024 8:18:04 AM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 1/18/2024 11:09:59 PM EDT
[#13]
Ohio State hiring Bill O’Brien as OC
Link Posted: 1/18/2024 11:46:41 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
View Quote

Yuck
Link Posted: 1/19/2024 10:42:29 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

Yuck
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yuck

I think that's a mistake
Link Posted: 1/19/2024 10:49:58 AM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 1/19/2024 1:28:40 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Ohio State hiring Bill O'Brien as OC
View Quote
That is . . .

Link Posted: 1/19/2024 2:07:00 PM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 1/19/2024 11:57:44 PM EDT
[#19]

And the teams that did both?
Link Posted: 1/20/2024 12:14:02 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Caleb Downs is now in the transfer portal. He will make a huge impact on any team's secondary (please go to UGA).
View Quote

Link Posted: 1/20/2024 12:21:10 AM EDT
[#21]
View All Quotes

Michigan didn’t break shit.  Well except the rules.  
Link Posted: 1/20/2024 10:05:12 AM EDT
[#22]

Ohio wanted him bad. Ga and Texas did to. The price went way up. Understandably.  It tells me one thing. The Ohio State Buckeyes are willing to build a team to get over the hump of Michigan.   The big10 will be fun to watch …..  with the addition of the best PAC 12 teams I finally put the BIG10 conference as good as the SEC. Let me tell you …. It ain’t easy for me to say that.  I see 3 BIG 10 teams getting in the playoffs and 3 SEC teams. Let the remaining scraps the unfortunate can fight for .  It’s been this way for awhile , but the two BEST football conferences is not even close. BIG10 & SEC. I got no problem with that ……WarDawg
Link Posted: 1/20/2024 10:09:08 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Quoted:

https://media0.giphy.com/media/Kc7qzYMnOTcDb0aEw5/giphy.gif?cid=6c09b9526or47xyah0537kmqojjvh7re2eqikt4rfr4tbagt&ep=v1_internal_gif_by_id&rid=giphy.gif

One willing to throw the checkbook at him. One not. I guess not as desperate.
Link Posted: 1/20/2024 10:11:44 AM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 1/20/2024 10:17:12 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

Ohio wanted him bad. Ga and Texas did to. The price went way up. Understandably.  It tells me one thing. The Ohio State Buckeyes are willing to build a team to get over the hump of Michigan.   The big10 will be fun to watch …..  with the addition of the best PAC 12 teams I finally put the BIG10 conference as good as the SEC. Let me tell you …. It ain’t easy for me to say that.  I see 3 BIG 10 teams getting in the playoffs and 3 SEC teams. Let the remaining scraps the unfortunate can fight for .  It’s been this way for awhile , but the two BEST football conferences is not even close. BIG10 & SEC. I got no problem with that ……WarDawg
View All Quotes
Quoted:

3 from each of those conferences sounds impressive until you realize that leavs 6 more slots for the other 2 conferences plus g5, so big 12 or acc could get 3 in too.

all these bidding wars and so far FSU just got punished for NIL violations and florida is being investigated, since NIL isnt supposed to be used for recruiting.

Link Posted: 1/20/2024 11:31:22 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

3 from each of those conferences sounds impressive until you realize that leavs 6 more slots for the other 2 conferences plus g5, so big 12 or acc could get 3 in too.

all these bidding wars and so far FSU just got punished for NIL violations and florida is being investigated, since NIL isnt supposed to be used for recruiting.

View Quote

You had me listening till you wrote the ACC could get 3 in. FSU couldn’t punch the ticket being undefeated.  lol. I’m just kidding with you. The ACC is on life support and they have their hands on the plug and ready to pull it. Clempson is the standard .  They have the ability in the past to field a good team. But the present with DABO most aren’t to sure.  They are a CULT. Seriously. Wardawg

Link Posted: 1/20/2024 3:03:17 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

3+3+3+2+g5

Whomever gets 2 is gonna be the suckfest conference that year
Link Posted: 1/20/2024 5:20:53 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

3+3+3+2+g5

View Quote

i think its more likely 1 or both of the big 10 and sec get 4 , thats what i meant by 3 each sounding like a lot but its not in a 12 team format. #4 SEC team or #4 big10 team left out in favor of third best in the big12 or ACC?

4+3+2+2+g5 or 4+4+2+1+g5 is very possible

and really G5 shouldnt get autobid anymore anyway, they should have their own playoff in the mid-tier bowl games

Link Posted: 1/20/2024 5:24:36 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

i think its more likely 1 or both of the big 10 and sec get 4 , thats what i meant by 3 each sounding like a lot but its not in a 12 team format. #4 SEC team or #4 big10 team left out in favor of third best in the big12 or ACC?

and really G5 shouldnt get autobid anymore anyway, they should have their own playoff in the mid-tier bowl games

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

3+3+3+2+g5

I think any given year could have wide fluctuations.  P5/4/3 team going 11-1 are probably in almost every year.   Sorta like always win all your games and your in, or win as many as possible.

Saban stepping down changes things, 9-3 Saban is probably in, but think with a different coach maybe not
Link Posted: 1/20/2024 6:13:48 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

View Quote

Ryan Day is coaching for his job next year. Should be stressful, I can’t wait.
Link Posted: 1/20/2024 6:27:21 PM EDT
[#31]

Lol

That's funny because it's true!

UW has lost five QBs since the NCG.  FIVE!
Link Posted: 1/20/2024 7:11:36 PM EDT
[#32]
Link Posted: 1/20/2024 7:24:38 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

Lol

That's funny because it's true!

UW has lost five QBs since the NCG.  FIVE!
View Quote

I actually felt bad when I posted that as it was so brutal.
Link Posted: 1/20/2024 7:37:00 PM EDT
[#34]
Go BlUE
Maybe another 25 years or so before I can say that again.

College football is changing fast .
Link Posted: 1/20/2024 7:45:43 PM EDT
[#35]

Did they actually print that?

I hope it was before they fired the entire staff...
Link Posted: 1/20/2024 7:59:17 PM EDT
[#36]
View All Quotes

Ha
Link Posted: 1/20/2024 8:00:03 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Ok SEC guy.
Link Posted: 1/20/2024 8:00:40 PM EDT
[#38]
View All Quotes

Sports Illustrated sucked in the 70s and 80s.  I can’t imagine it improved any.
Link Posted: 1/20/2024 8:02:17 PM EDT
[#39]

he's not a smart man...............now even less so
Link Posted: 1/20/2024 8:03:02 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

OSU has thrown everything at the portal.   They are built to win this year.   If they don’t Day is gone.    They are galvanizing since Mich won it.
Link Posted: 1/20/2024 8:03:57 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Link Posted: 1/20/2024 8:04:12 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

OSU has thrown everything at the portal.   They are built to win this year.   If they don’t Day is gone.    They are galvanizing since Mich won it.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Hiring BoB as OC doesn't inspire much confidence..............unless he has undergone a transformation, which I doubt
Link Posted: 1/20/2024 8:04:36 PM EDT
[#43]
Link Posted: 1/20/2024 10:04:15 PM EDT
[#44]
Link Posted: 1/20/2024 10:10:45 PM EDT
[#45]
Link Posted: 1/21/2024 6:22:24 PM EDT
[#47]
Attachment Attached File

THE OHIO STATE UNIVERSITY ain’t playing around. Ryan Day wants his job.  Impressive honestly.
Link Posted: 1/21/2024 8:53:55 PM EDT
[#48]

??. Funny
Link Posted: 1/22/2024 9:57:10 AM EDT
[#49]
And let it be said I have a jar of UGA Butthurt cream for when the Dawgs play Bama.  Rumor is tOSU has committed to 13 million on NIL this offseason. Could be made up numbers. But if you got it ……. Spend it as the world of college football rules in its current state.  Which is worse NIL or the transfer at free will right now ?  I’m saying this from a team that has benefited from both.  You think USC could buy / build at great team.  Wardawg
Link Posted: 1/22/2024 10:13:50 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
And let it be said I have a jar of UGA Butthurt cream for when the Dawgs play Bama.  Rumor is tOSU has committed to 13 million on NIL this offseason. Could be made up numbers. But if you got it ……. Spend it as the world of college football rules in its current state.  Which is worse NIL or the transfer at free will right now ?  I’m saying this from a team that has benefited from both.  You think USC could buy / build at great team.  Wardawg
View Quote
Everyone is lucky Stanford's alumni aren't really bigtime football fans.
Page / 332
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top