BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 16
Link Posted: 4/16/2019 11:38:59 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Fuck. Tomorrow will be exciting. I'm in Dallas.

I'm in the Cat 3 zone.
View Quote
Hopefully Fort Worth will be our bitch shield like usual.  
Link Posted: 4/16/2019 11:45:29 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Fuck. Tomorrow will be exciting. I'm in Dallas.

I'm in the Cat 3 zone.
I suspect there will be enough to go around.  
Link Posted: 4/16/2019 11:50:05 PM EDT
[#3]
Well I leave for work around 530pm so i20 should be interesting.
Link Posted: 4/16/2019 11:50:50 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

CAPE isn't hype. This is going to be bad news for some people.
View Quote
This man knows what he's talking about.  CAPE model at 2100 looks brutal for DFW tomorrow: http://www.twisterdata.com/index.php?prog=forecast&model=RAP&grid=255&model_yyyy=2019&model_mm=04&model_dd=17&model_init_hh=02&fhour=21¶meter=CAPE&level=SURFACE&unit=none&maximize=n&mode=singlemap&sounding=n&output=image&view=large&archive=false
Link Posted: 4/16/2019 11:57:36 PM EDT
[#6]
Red X
Link Posted: 4/17/2019 12:00:28 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Red X
View All Quotes
How about now?
Link Posted: 4/17/2019 12:02:52 AM EDT
[#8]
Spicy!

I might work from home. Or at least leave work early and then work from home. I don't need no dents.
Link Posted: 4/17/2019 12:06:37 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
I'm right in the middle.
View Quote
I’m dead smack in the red , here’s to another 2013
Link Posted: 4/17/2019 12:31:18 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Some people say we don't have 4 seasons in Texas.  I beg to differ.  We have Wildfire, Flashflood, Hail and Hurricane seasons.
View Quote
That's just a Tuesday.
Link Posted: 4/17/2019 7:07:16 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Wylie 3 years ago was pretty fucking bad.

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/275881/B1C433FA-9CDB-46C5-96A5-513952AD6AFF_jpeg-915038.JPG

This was dropping grapefruit sized hail punching holes through roofs and siding on homes.
View Quote
A coworker of mine had holes punched in his roof and hail/rain literally coming straight into his house
Link Posted: 4/17/2019 7:12:56 AM EDT
[#12]
I'm right in the middle of the red blob. Yay?

ETA: Well the map changed some. Still in the upper part of the red blob
Link Posted: 4/17/2019 7:33:43 AM EDT
[#13]
Updated map. There should be another one in about 2 hours.

Link Posted: 4/17/2019 7:38:55 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

https://i.imgur.com/DJCHiYO.jpg
View Quote
Looks like fun.
Link Posted: 4/17/2019 7:40:41 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

View Quote
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 4/17/2019 7:43:53 AM EDT
[#16]
If ENH gets any bigger, those of in the middle are going to start seeing MDT.  I'm guessing that's how it works.
Link Posted: 4/17/2019 7:45:11 AM EDT
[#17]
It would appear that I'm still enhanced. Yay!
Link Posted: 4/17/2019 7:48:14 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

View Quote
Yep, that didn't help anything. Just got off work in OKC and heading home to DFW later
Link Posted: 4/17/2019 7:58:35 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
View Quote
Same. Today could be interesting!

I've lived in Oklahoma for awhile now though so this is nothing new.
Link Posted: 4/17/2019 8:05:40 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yup. I keep GRLevel3 open on another desktop at my home office. Been watching since last night. And there has been a huge influx of moisture that started from the west and now the south. A lot of moist warm air. Shit is going to get interesting later in the day.
Link Posted: 4/17/2019 8:08:04 AM EDT
[#22]
Glad the coast is on the outer edge of this.
Link Posted: 4/17/2019 8:09:27 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Yup. I keep GRLevel3 open on another desktop at my home office. Been watching since last night. And there has been a huge influx of moisture that started from the west and now the south. A lot of moist warm air. Shit is going to get interesting later in the day.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

For sure! Last time I checked it was supposed to hit here in the late afternoon/early evening. Shit is definitely going to be interesting.
Link Posted: 4/17/2019 8:17:49 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

Wylie 3 years ago was pretty fucking bad.

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/275881/B1C433FA-9CDB-46C5-96A5-513952AD6AFF_jpeg-915038.JPG

This was dropping grapefruit sized hail punching holes through roofs and siding on homes.
View Quote
I don't remember that one.
Link Posted: 4/17/2019 8:19:17 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

I was on my senior class trip to Six Flags when that storm hit DFW. It fucked shit up.
View Quote
It destroyed all kinds of shit.
Link Posted: 4/17/2019 8:20:48 AM EDT
[#26]
A side note, if you are a weather nerd, I highly recommend buying GRLevl3. It gives you radar data direct from the radar sites themselves.  And a lot of different datasets that you can select. It polls the data every few minutes.
Link Posted: 4/17/2019 8:22:23 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
View Quote
I'm putting the shop fans outside and pointing them east.
Link Posted: 4/17/2019 8:25:45 AM EDT
[#28]
I cleared the garage out enough to be able to pull my wife's car in.  We just paid that thing off last week and I'm not taking any chances!  My car on the other hand...it's a beater anyways, so no big deal.  Now I just need a garage for my whole house...
Link Posted: 4/17/2019 8:28:49 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
A side note, if you are a weather nerd, I highly recommend buying GRLevl3. It gives you radar data direct from the radar sites themselves.  And a lot of different datasets that you can select. It polls the data every few minutes.
View Quote
GR2 mo betta.

Not sure if they sell it or not though
Link Posted: 4/17/2019 8:40:52 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
GR2 mo betta.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
GR2 mo betta.

I'll have to check that out.
Link Posted: 4/17/2019 9:10:18 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
View Quote
Still looking for iphone app that has the storm tracks that shows eta of tornadoes to each town.

I forget the name, but they "updated" the app I used and forced you to a new version that sucks.
Wifie got something called radar scope, but I haven't figured out how to configure it yet. (or of you have to pay for upgrades to have that option)
Link Posted: 4/17/2019 9:12:54 AM EDT
[#32]
8 AM map change

Link Posted: 4/17/2019 9:17:12 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
Still looking for iphone app that has the storm tracks that shows eta of tornadoes to each town.

I forget the name, but they "updated" the app I used and forced you to a new version that sucks.
Wifie got something called radar scope, but I haven't figured out how to configure it yet. (or of you have to pay for upgrades to have that option)
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

My current favorite radar phone app is "MyRadarPro." I used to use RadarScope but MRP is a much better app.
Link Posted: 4/17/2019 9:18:59 AM EDT
[#34]
Watching windy.com and the radar, we're in for a "treat." Shit ton of moisture is being pulled in from the gulf.
Link Posted: 4/17/2019 9:19:10 AM EDT
[#35]
So, it is Spring.

This happens every year.  Just pay attention to the weather today and if by some off chance you win the tornado lottery just get in your shelter.
Link Posted: 4/17/2019 9:21:07 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
Watching windy.com and the radar, we're in for a "treat." Shit ton of moisture is being pulled in from the gulf.
View Quote
I love windy.com
Link Posted: 4/17/2019 9:21:27 AM EDT
[#37]
And of right now it looks like Oklahoma is going to get a lot of love as usual. But it's really too early to tell. Day heats up and cools off and shit could move south easily.
Link Posted: 4/17/2019 9:22:37 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
I love windy.com
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I love windy.com
It's awesome to see how the prevailing winds are acting.
Link Posted: 4/17/2019 9:23:18 AM EDT
[#39]
My morning commute was faster than usual. I'm guessing anyone with sense stayed home
Link Posted: 4/17/2019 9:24:17 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
My morning commute was faster than usual. I'm guessing anyone with sense stayed home
View Quote
Guilty
Link Posted: 4/17/2019 9:32:22 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
So, it is Spring.

This happens every year.  Just pay attention to the weather today and if by some off chance you win the tornado lottery just get in your shelter.
View Quote
You’d be incredibly stupid not to be paying attention to this storm.  Obviously it’s spring and strong storms are to be expected.
Link Posted: 4/17/2019 9:33:45 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
So, it is Spring.

View Quote
Tornado threat is at a level 1 today.

Hail threat is at level 5, Giant hail threat is at a 3.
Link Posted: 4/17/2019 9:36:48 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
You’d be incredibly stupid not to be paying attention to this storm.  Obviously it’s spring and strong storms are to be expected.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
So, it is Spring.

Yup. You've got a shit ton of nice warm moist air from the gulf being met by a nice kiss of dry cold air from the west.
Link Posted: 4/17/2019 9:42:53 AM EDT
[#44]
I don't miss living in the DFW metroplex on days like this....Sorry DFW gang.
Link Posted: 4/17/2019 9:46:48 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
Yup. You've got a shit ton of nice warm moist air from the gulf being met by a nice kiss of dry cold air from the west.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
So, it is Spring.

Link Posted: 4/17/2019 9:52:29 AM EDT
[#46]
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
So, it is Spring.

https://i.imgur.com/uzcvJrR.jpg
It be a giant mixing bowl out there.
Link Posted: 4/17/2019 9:52:37 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
I love windy.com
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I love windy.com

Link Posted: 4/17/2019 10:00:01 AM EDT
[#48]
What time is it supposed to get nasty in DFW?  i want to try to pick the kids up early from daycare and be home in advance of falling glaciers
Link Posted: 4/17/2019 10:01:29 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
What time is it supposed to get nasty in DFW?  i want to try to pick the kids up early from daycare and be home in advance of falling glaciers
View Quote
storms will fire up east of the dryline around 3pm and will push into DFW around 4pm.
Link Posted: 4/17/2019 10:07:39 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
View Quote
Another vote for GRLevl3. It is well worth the money.  We used it in both the State Operations Center and at the County EOC.  I even had a subscription on my computer at home.  It never failed for the really bad weather to happen after office hours and I could see what was happening and talk with our storm spotters and the communications center before I headed for the EOC.
Page / 16
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top