Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 4
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 10/23/2021 9:13:12 PM EDT
[#1]
I need a bottle of 1942 and some Cointreau.............
Link Posted: 10/23/2021 9:46:14 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 10/23/2021 9:56:52 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History

Not impressed.

Or

Are way better.
Link Posted: 10/23/2021 10:25:15 PM EDT
[#4]

In assuming you're making pancakes if you have all that sugar syrup around.
Link Posted: 10/23/2021 10:33:32 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

In assuming you're making pancakes if you have all that sugar syrup around.
View Quote

Ok. What's not "sugar syrup." I'll try it. Not joking.
Link Posted: 10/24/2021 4:03:26 PM EDT
[#6]
These are probably the best 2 that I've had. Price wise so far I've found El Tesoro to be the best bang for the buck though.
Apologize for the other junk in the pic. It was repurposed here lol.

Link Posted: 10/24/2021 4:36:26 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Ok. What's not "sugar syrup." I'll try it. Not joking.
View Quote

There a ton of good additive free tequilas.

A good list

Unfortunately clase azul and many others have leaned into using sweeteners that are about 10,000 x sweeter than sugar. they also add glycerine to make the texture feel richer, vanilla flavoring, and coloring to craft the tequila into something more palatable by the club crowd.

Those additives really take away from the agave flavor and just deliver a product that may even taste good but just doesn't taste like actual tequila.
Link Posted: 10/24/2021 5:36:08 PM EDT
[#8]
In Germany, on my second tour...after work I decided to go to a movie. Theater was in the back of the Kaserne, behind the motor pool, it was snowing pretty good, and getting cold. So I decided to have a drink to prepare myself for the walk. I had a bottle of Jose Cuervo in my room, but it was at room temperature, and I didn't have any ice or anything to mix with it. So I downed a shot-God, it was like drinking lighter fluid! So I had a few more, then it was time to start walking. I got to the theater, paid my money, then walked in and sat down...they were playing coming attractions. The next thing I know is they're playing the credits part of the movie. I slept thru the whole thing, Star Spangled Banner, movie, the whole bit. Never even saw anything. Walked back to the barracks and had a few more shots (tasted much better) and went to bed.
Link Posted: 10/24/2021 5:39:01 PM EDT
[#9]
Teremana

/thread
Link Posted: 10/26/2021 7:29:16 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

There a ton of good additive free tequilas.

A good list

Unfortunately clase azul and many others have leaned into using sweeteners that are about 10,000 x sweeter than sugar. they also add glycerine to make the texture feel richer, vanilla flavoring, and coloring to craft the tequila into something more palatable by the club crowd.

Those additives really take away from the agave flavor and just deliver a product that may even taste good but just doesn't taste like actual tequila.
View Quote
Thanks for the list....is there anything specific you would recommend that i might actual have a chance of finding?
Id like to try something pure that isnt flavored...just a true agave spirit.
Link Posted: 10/26/2021 10:03:23 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Thanks for the list....is there anything specific you would recommend that i might actual have a chance of finding?
Id like to try something pure that isnt flavored...just a true agave spirit.
View Quote

There are others that I like better, but you should be able to find Patron or Siete Leguas just about anywhere.
Link Posted: 10/26/2021 10:57:14 PM EDT
[#12]
Along with my favorites of Siete Leguas and Fortaleza reposados and the very good Sol de Mexico and Tesoro there is this. It's the Cuervo family's way of letting us know they can make great tequilawhen they want to

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 10/26/2021 11:06:15 PM EDT
[#13]
Also, like I said, keep an eye out for these two. Very solid for the price

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 10/26/2021 11:17:41 PM EDT
[#14]
El Tesoro Reposado single barrel makes a delicious Tequila old fashioned with agave syrup
Link Posted: 10/26/2021 11:21:11 PM EDT
[#15]
Attachment Attached File

This...thank me.
Link Posted: 10/27/2021 4:17:41 AM EDT
[#16]
My wife & I have been trying different margarita recipes every weekend. And last weekend we hit on the best, which is also a 1st place winner. It uses no Cointreau. See attached article. We did change the tequila, because Pueblo Viejo is not available.

1 ounce Tequila Ocho Plata
1 ounce Siete Leguas Blanco
1/4 ounce Key lime juice
1/4 ounce lime juice
1/2 ounce light agave nectar (Monin brand)

Shake with ice and dump into a rocks glass. Its delicious, clean and refreshing.

And a tip of the hat to WOAFP, who pointed us in the right direction for our tequila journey!

Ultimate margarita contest

Winning recipe
Link Posted: 10/27/2021 6:22:41 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

There are others that I like better, but you should be able to find Patron or Siete Leguas just about anywhere.
View Quote

And to piggy back on this, tesoro, tequila ocho, and fortaleza are all pretty widely distributed. All additive free, roasted in traditional brick ovens, stone crushed, and distilled in pot stills. Getting well made tequila is actually surprisingly easy in the US.
Link Posted: 10/27/2021 7:11:51 AM EDT
[#18]
I bought a bottle of Lunazul Cristalino Anjo  not to long ago. I had tried their regular anejo & it was good on the palate when sipped neat but after it was swallowed it had an unpleasant charcoal aftertaste. It was great in a margarita though. I got the Cristalino hoping that the filtering would remove that unpleasant aftertaste. Unfortunately the filtering removed everything that makes it a tequila. Sipping it neat the only real flavor that I could notice was it's sugary sweetness. It just doesn't taste like tequila. It got totally lost in a margarita. Give this one a pass.
Link Posted: 10/27/2021 9:01:56 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
My wife & I have been trying different margarita recipes every weekend. And last weekend we hit on the best, which is also a 1st place winner. It uses no Cointreau. See attached article. We did change the tequila, because Pueblo Viejo is not available.

1 ounce Tequila Ocho Plata
1 ounce Siete Leguas Blanco
1/4 ounce Key lime juice
1/4 ounce lime juice
1/2 ounce light agave nectar (Monin brand)

Shake with ice and dump into a rocks glass. Its delicious, clean and refreshing.

And a tip of the hat to WOAFP, who pointed us in the right direction for our tequila journey!

Ultimate margarita contest

Winning recipe
View Quote

I'm not a big cocktail drinker, but I will have to give this a try.
Link Posted: 10/27/2021 12:09:07 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
I bought a bottle of Lunazul Cristalino Anjo  not to long ago. I had tried their regular anejo & it was good on the palate when sipped neat but after it was swallowed it had an unpleasant charcoal aftertaste. It was great in a margarita though. I got the Cristalino hoping that the filtering woulg remove that unpleasant aftertaste. Un fortunately the filtering removed everything that makes it a tequila. Sipping it neat the only real flavor that I could notice was it's sugary sweetness. It just doesn't taste like tequila. It got totally lost in a margarita. Give this one a pass.
View Quote

Cristalinos are a crime against agave as far as i'm concerned. Super sweet vodka made out of a plant that can takes a decade or more to grow.
Link Posted: 11/12/2021 10:24:18 PM EDT
[#21]
Anyone having anything tasty this wonderful Friday evening?
Link Posted: 11/19/2021 11:05:44 PM EDT
[#22]
Picking up a bottle of something nice for a buddy’s birthday. His goto is 1942. I was eyeballing Gran Centenario, or maybe a 1.75 of 1942 just because the bottle is ridiculous, scaled up version of the normal.

Thoughts on the Gran Centenario Leyenda Extra Anejo?
Attachment Attached File
Page / 4
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top