Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 5
Link Posted: 6/25/2021 5:16:33 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I don't think the residency match process, for hard specialties is that easy.  I think its still better odds of requiring harder work and more stability than the average RN program.
View Quote
Oh, there will be little remnant places where weeding will survive, like a species on the brink of extinction, but for the most part, it will inevitably become a no-no.

We've already been told that standards are racist, math (arithmetic) is racist, testing is racist, and so on ad nauseum.

Those things are all ways of weeding.
Link Posted: 6/25/2021 5:27:04 PM EDT
[#2]
I love these old members here...”I married a Nurse 55 years ago and she’s great”

Well guess what buddy, nurses now are filthy fucked up whores.

Link Posted: 6/25/2021 5:29:59 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
I love these old members here...”I married a Nurse 55 years ago and she’s great”

View Quote

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 6/25/2021 5:31:42 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

View Quote

Still bitter?
Link Posted: 6/25/2021 5:31:52 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Nurses will take good care of you when you're sick.

https://i2.wp.com/bloody-disgusting.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/07/misery-fandom.jpg
View Quote

This sums it up, brutal MFin nightmares
Link Posted: 6/25/2021 5:34:03 PM EDT
[#6]
Invest with caution.  Your results may vary.
Link Posted: 6/25/2021 5:34:30 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 6/25/2021 5:35:56 PM EDT
[#8]
I notice many engineers marry nurses.

I married a businesswoman
Link Posted: 6/25/2021 5:48:23 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

View Quote

Link Posted: 6/25/2021 8:18:50 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
View Quote

Link Posted: 6/26/2021 12:29:30 AM EDT
[#11]
One could read this thread of failed relationships and surmise that the men of GD are the real fucked up ones.

“Look at how many guys have fucked up relationships.  Weird pattern on that gun forum. Stay away...”
Link Posted: 6/26/2021 12:35:02 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
discuss.

Nurses are a special breed of people who know how to be tough and loving. And men who marry nurses end up the happiest.

Actually, guys are attracted to nurses. They are smart, naughty, and tough. Almost everyone wants to talk with a nurse and have some kind of connection with a nurse. Nurses naturally give compassionate care to the people they love.

Old folks say if you marry a nurse, it will be like winning a lottery. Marrying a nurse is like hitting the jackpot.

(continued)

https://thinkaloud.net/the-happiest-end-up-men-who-marry-nurses/
View Quote

Link Posted: 6/26/2021 12:49:25 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
One could read this thread of failed relationships and surmise that the men of GD are the real fucked up ones.

“Look at how many guys have fucked up relationships.  Weird pattern on that gun forum. Stay away...”
View Quote

The problem is gun guys. They’re batshit crazy. Totally undateable. Date a fisherman or marry a car guy or something. Never a gun nut. They’ll destroy you financially and then scratch their heads when you have to leave them.
Link Posted: 6/26/2021 4:37:10 AM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 6/26/2021 4:39:21 AM EDT
[#15]
The happiest man on earth married my wife.
I feel great sorrow for any man who cannot repeat this phrase.

*Marriage has to be one of God's greatest gifts to man. Regardless of what examination I place upon myself, I always find this to be an absolute truth.
Link Posted: 6/26/2021 4:42:45 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
In my experience, they're like the hotter version of Army chicks. Crazy and usually whores. Good for a night, bad for a lifetime.
View Quote

Link Posted: 6/26/2021 6:23:11 AM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 6/26/2021 6:40:59 AM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 6/26/2021 6:58:27 AM EDT
[#19]
sorry no, nurses are number 4 on the crazy women chart.
Link Posted: 6/26/2021 7:10:21 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
The happiest man on earth married my wife.
I feel great sorrow for any man who cannot repeat this phrase.

*Marriage has to be one of God's greatest gifts to man. Regardless of what examination I place upon myself, I always find this to be an absolute truth.
View Quote

absolute truth.
the trouble is 2 direct issues.

men marrying women who do not make them better.
women marrying men who do not give them the foundation and support women need to keep them.

I've told my son and all his friends.
never seriously date or marry a woman who doesn't make you a better man and doesn't actively thrive on you.

with that comes the utmost of responsibilities of creating an environment of a rock solid foundation to keep her grounded and sane.

having said that...
working in large hospitals for 3 decades gives me tremendous insight on nursing. in that time period, especially the last 10 years- I have not met, worked with or befriended any US born white nurse ( RN or LPN) that I thought to myself " I could see me being married to her"

I have met foreign born, non white nurses who I have said that about. but for some reason white female nurses in the past decade have drawn a particular type of woman to the trade. 15-20 years ago, you could find a solid one pretty easy. but now, Aiden with always be her little man.

they rank #2 behind horse chics and above #3 Female LEO's.
Link Posted: 6/26/2021 9:31:17 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
View Quote
This

Women are not all angels, but I can certainly see why so many in here have such fucked up relationships.

Link Posted: 6/26/2021 9:55:29 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

working in large hospitals for 3 decades gives me tremendous insight on nursing. in that time period, especially the last 10 years- I have not met, worked with or befriended any US born white nurse ( RN or LPN) that I thought to myself.
View Quote

Now I’m really curious as to what you actually do.

You speak of working in large hospitals for 3 decades and as such having tremendous insight on nursing.

But you also have mentioned numerous years handling veterinary lab testing. Hospital labs don’t handle veterinary testing (unless you include labwork for the land whales that get admitted). And people at send out labs don’t go to the hospitals, excepting the couriers, and the couriers wouldn’t have much insight into nursing or lab testing.
Link Posted: 6/26/2021 10:46:59 AM EDT
[#23]
No.  Not even close.
Link Posted: 6/26/2021 10:51:07 AM EDT
[#24]
If you're married to a nurse and she's even halfway attractive you're probably sharing her with a doctor or another male nurse, LOL.
A buddy works at a local hospital as head of the maintenance department and according to his observations 90% of the nurses are banging other nurses or doctors.
Link Posted: 6/26/2021 11:01:56 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
If you're married to a nurse and she's even halfway attractive you're probably sharing her with a doctor or another male nurse, LOL.
A buddy works at a local hospital as head of the maintenance department and according to his observations 90% of the nurses are banging other nurses or doctors.
View Quote

yep.
many are sexing up other people at the hospital.
from IT .... to the Scrub Techs with Drs and Admins in the middle.
Link Posted: 6/26/2021 11:20:49 AM EDT
[#26]
Or, she is slipping you leftover "happy pills" in your morning coffee.
Link Posted: 6/26/2021 11:25:32 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

The problem is gun guys. They’re batshit crazy. Totally undateable. Date a fisherman or marry a car guy or something. Never a gun nut. They’ll destroy you financially and then scratch their heads when you have to leave them.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Link Posted: 6/26/2021 11:40:14 AM EDT
[#28]
Dated a nurse for awhile. She's now a Nurse Practitioner. She was a good woman and lover. Wish I had kept her around.
Link Posted: 6/26/2021 12:07:21 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

View Quote

Wise words.
Link Posted: 6/26/2021 12:17:07 PM EDT
[#30]
I admittedly have a redhead nurse issue.  However, I've never been married to one.

Current girlfriend is a redhead RN working on her Nurse Practioner.  She has some issues like all of us,  but isn't batshit crazy.  

A friend with benefits type situation with another redhead nurse that could have developed into a real relationship if we had lived closer to each other. But she's also not crazier than anyone else.

Then there's the final one. The one that gave me most of my issues and forced me to develop many unhealthy coping mechanisms.   The original redhead nurse in my life. But she was absolutely a damn mess before she became a nurse.  Too bad I was young and dumb and didn't run like hell.  Now I would never have put up with her crap for any length of time.

Link Posted: 6/26/2021 1:09:30 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
View Quote

I have a couple of friends where I work are security guards here and the stories they tell me of catching people hooking up while they are watching the security cameras is actually pretty amazing. There havn't been many places here where they haven't seen people fucking.

l have been propositioned many times here when I first started by the young RNs and the younger CNAs too. I shut that shit down hard. I'm already married to a dsmn good woman. I dont want to risk it.

Link Posted: 6/26/2021 1:31:37 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

You speak of working in large hospitals for 3 decades and as such having tremendous insight on nursing.

But you also have mentioned numerous years handling veterinary lab testing. Hospital labs don’t handle veterinary testing (unless you include labwork for the land whales that get admitted). And people at send out labs don’t go to the hospitals, excepting the couriers, and the couriers wouldn’t have much insight into nursing or lab testing.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

working in large hospitals for 3 decades gives me tremendous insight on nursing. in that time period, especially the last 10 years- I have not met, worked with or befriended any US born white nurse ( RN or LPN) that I thought to myself.

I know what he does, if he won't say here, I will say that his story is consistent, and there are some specialty hospital labs that will handle veterinary work.
Link Posted: 6/26/2021 1:31:58 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
View Quote

And I guarantee at least some of those poor bastards unknowingly sharing their wives have said, at some point, things like "the happiest man on earth married my wife and I feel great sorrow for any man who cannot repeat this phrase."
Link Posted: 6/26/2021 2:36:11 PM EDT
[#34]
Life gets interesting when wifey is great with child and hubby had a vasectomy five years ago.
Link Posted: 6/26/2021 3:00:08 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

I know what he does, if he won't say here, I will say that his story is consistent, and there are some specialty hospital labs that will handle veterinary work.
View Quote

I have no idea what that outburst is over.. but obviously it hit a nerve with her as usual, maybe she has a son named Aiden.

I own and operate a national veterinary laboratory and work as a hired gun in large hospitals.  
totally different worlds. totally separate entities.

Link Posted: 6/26/2021 3:15:31 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

yep.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

yep.

Nurses have never flirted with me

Probably because I’m ugly and socially awkward
Link Posted: 6/26/2021 3:20:30 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

Probably because I'm ugly and socially awkward
View Quote
Had there been such a thing when I was a kid, I feel certain I would have been a consecrated member of the Order of Autism.
Link Posted: 6/26/2021 3:36:22 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
Dude. You need to get laid. Go get a hooker, and quit hanging out on whatever sites you do that feed you this stuff.
View Quote

Montana, dude
Link Posted: 6/26/2021 3:54:10 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Odd, but I can’t seem to find any licensed to do so in the state of Oklahoma.

Not saying it’s impossible, but it certainly wouldn’t be a frequent occurrence. Especially given the workload most hospitals have handling their own patients.
Link Posted: 6/26/2021 3:56:01 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

I have no idea what that outburst is over.. but obviously it hit a nerve with her as usual, maybe she has a son named Aiden.

I own and operate a national veterinary laboratory and work as a hired gun in large hospitals.  

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Fair enough.

Consider it mild curiousity. Certainly not an “outburst”. Whatever gave you that impression?
Link Posted: 6/26/2021 4:26:43 PM EDT
[#41]
Second wife was a nurse. We were married thirty years and raised two kids. It was mostly me raising the kids. She mostly didn’t care about me, the kids, the house or anything else but her career. She was one of the craziest people I have ever met. I would never marry another nurse. Or a teacher.
Link Posted: 6/26/2021 4:42:50 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
Life gets interesting when wifey is great with child and hubby had a vasectomy five years ago.
View Quote

Is that when you joined the party?  
Link Posted: 6/26/2021 4:50:45 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
My ex wife was an RN.....and alcoholic POS.
She died in an apt fire after the divorce so I no longer have an ex wife , literally.

Karma is real.
View Quote
I hope you are right!!!
Link Posted: 6/26/2021 5:09:13 PM EDT
[#44]
I know 2 nurses who paid their through  school by being strippers. These gals are both  beautiful and batshit crazy
Link Posted: 6/26/2021 5:10:34 PM EDT
[#45]
I fucked a nurse but she wasn't even close to marriage material.
Link Posted: 6/26/2021 5:11:06 PM EDT
[#46]
Does it count of both my wife and I are nurses?
Link Posted: 6/26/2021 5:19:27 PM EDT
[#47]
I never considered it before but out of all my peers that are/were still married to the same woman they married nurses....One was a doctor (passed) so that's sort of understandable since he had the pick of the litter. He picked a good one though.
Link Posted: 6/26/2021 5:34:53 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

Probably because I’m ugly and socially awkward
View Quote

deny them your essence...at any cost.
acting like a serial killer is acceptable in these cases.
Link Posted: 6/26/2021 5:40:14 PM EDT
[#49]

Came to post. Exactly zero nurses I know have a happy spouse.
Link Posted: 6/26/2021 5:43:27 PM EDT
[#50]
Nurses are near the top of the crazy list.

Page / 5
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top