BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 3
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 11/2/2010 11:09:06 AM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:

H&K looked at these and decided not to sue for infringement.  I'm willing to bet they were laughing so hard, H&K didn't have the heart to sue the Mexicans over that.

And this is a company that sued over a pot-metal .22 clone made by an airsoft company.

No I believe the Mexican military actually field tested several G36's...then got the licence to produce them with modifications from HK.

IIRC...and please don't quote me or hold me hostage with this...Mexico wanted the G36 but could not afford them directly from HK so they changed it up a little bit; enough to get the nod and license from HK so they could build them for cheaper at home.
Link Posted: 11/2/2010 11:21:13 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Holy shit......G36 meet ACR meet SCAR.

As stated earlier, there was some sodomy in the arms room and then an abortion in the alley out back.  YUCK.

Is there anyone here with actual knowledge of the gun's performance, or are we just doing a "LOL, it's Mexican, and is therefore crap" thread?

It's always fail in GD. Why do I do it.....

Link Posted: 11/2/2010 12:37:54 PM EDT
[#3]
I remember reading a thread about this particular weapon at HKPRO two or three years ago. According to a Mexican poster, the FX-05 wasn't particularly successful and the mexican government continued buying G36s instead of relying on a domestically produced gun. I don't know if this is true at all but we mostly only

see these guns at parades although recently they seem to popping in the hands of counter narco type units. It seems that Mexicans are still employing licensed built HK G3s, M16s and HK G36s as their primary infantry or police arms. This seems to suggest that the Mexicans either don't have enough money to replace all their

arms at once or the FX-05 is experiencing issues precluding it from wide scale adoption. Also, HK might have forced them to stop production. As far as similarity to the G36, I have gleaned that the receiver is very similar to the HK but the operating system employs a long-stroke Kalashnikov type gas system instead of the

AR-18 type short stroke. There appears to be some good innovations in this gun like the nice beefy adjustable stock and a rail molded right into the receiver rather than the goofy carry handle thing on the G36. The biggest issue with this system is the fact that there is very little verifiable information coming from Mexico about it.
Link Posted: 11/2/2010 1:22:51 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

Quoted:
H&K looked at these and decided not to sue for infringement.  I'm willing to bet they were laughing so hard, H&K didn't have the heart to sue the Mexicans over that.

And this is a company that sued over a pot-metal .22 clone made by an airsoft company.

No I believe the Mexican military actually field tested several G36's...then got the licence to produce them with modifications from HK.  

IIRC...and please don't quote me or hold me hostage with this...Mexico wanted the G36 but could not afford them directly from HK so they changed it up a little bit; enough to get the nod and license from HK so they could build them for cheaper at home.

O Rly?

If they had a license, why was HK bringing a suit?

HK determined the Op system was different enough that they wouldn't win the suit, no matter how much it dug into their craw not to sue someone.
Link Posted: 11/2/2010 1:27:37 PM EDT
[#5]
At least it has an adjustable stock...
Link Posted: 11/2/2010 2:20:42 PM EDT
[#6]
Looks like a Tapco product to me.
Link Posted: 11/3/2010 11:35:49 PM EDT
[#7]

Bayonet for the FX-05?

Link Posted: 11/4/2010 10:51:24 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Is it "safe" and "auto" only? Is "R" for "rapido" or is the word for semi start w/ an R?

R = a ráfaga = Automatic
S = seguro = Safety

As we can't see what (if anything) is behind the selector, there could be an "A" for auto-carga i.e. semi-automatic.
Link Posted: 11/4/2010 10:54:56 AM EDT
[#9]
Who wants to bet on the day when the MSM will say that those are smuggled in from the US?
Link Posted: 11/4/2010 11:00:32 AM EDT
[#10]
Who wants to bet on the day when the MSM will say that those are smuggled in from the US?
Link Posted: 11/4/2010 11:03:49 AM EDT
[#11]
My aversion to plastic rifle receivers will have me grabbing an AR15 every time. You'd think at least the upper would be metal.
Link Posted: 11/4/2010 11:16:47 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Mexican engineering.  Have those two words ever been used together before?

That might've been funny a few years ago, but don't kid yourself.  They can make good stuff with the rest of them these days.  I know my dad, who's a machinist, only had good things to say about the quality of their machine work the last he worked with any mexicans on anything.

It's a probably a pretty damned good rifle.

There was actually a Mexican designed semi auto rifle that the Germans used in WW1. Mexico has actually produced several interesting gun designes that were fairly advanced.
Link Posted: 11/4/2010 11:26:33 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Mexican engineering.  Have those two words ever been used together before?

That might've been funny a few years ago, but don't kid yourself.  They can make good stuff with the rest of them these days.  I know my dad, who's a machinist, only had good things to say about the quality of their machine work the last he worked with any mexicans on anything.

It's a probably a pretty damned good rifle.

There was actually a Mexican designed semi auto rifle that the Germans used in WW1. Mexico has actually produced several interesting gun designes that were fairly advanced.

Yep the mondragon.

Link Posted: 11/4/2010 11:44:48 AM EDT
[#14]
Any they have HK P7's too!

Link Posted: 11/4/2010 11:46:15 AM EDT
[#15]
No thanks.

Link Posted: 11/4/2010 12:37:07 PM EDT
[#16]

I like the fact the cartel has matching uniforms
Page / 3
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top