Page / 3
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 3/7/2018 9:53:36 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

band of brothers was better.

rome was good to.

sopranos was good, sorta like a soap opera for men about made guys.

deadwood i miss greatly.

when got is done, the writers should do aberchrombie's shattered seas series, one book per season, it would be a slam dunk.. its perfect for the hbo format.

eta .. 'the night of' was also a good short series.
View Quote
I think Abercrombies First Law trilogy or even his stand alone books in the same universe would all be way better
Link Posted: 3/7/2018 9:54:43 AM EDT
[#2]
Best show ever, hands down, no questions asked, IMHO of course.  I’ve watched every season four times.
Link Posted: 3/7/2018 9:56:15 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Hierarchy of my favorites:

1.  Breaking Bad

2.  The Sopranos

3.  Fargo (seasons 1 & 2)

4.  Better Call Saul

5.  Homeland (seasons 1 through 5)
View Quote
People who don't have Deadwood in their top 5 suck cock by choice.
Link Posted: 3/7/2018 10:01:43 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
I thought the ending was just about perfect.

Click To View Spoiler

OP enjoy the show.  There are some characters that you'll literally want to reach through the TV and strangle.  And like any long running series there are story arcs that suck.  (The whole Johnny Cakes thing is f'n stupid, imo. )  But overall, it's a fantastic series and well worth the entertainment value.
View Quote
The one I wanted to strangle was Richie Aprile. I lived in NJ most of my life and have gone by most of the places seen on the opening scene.
I used to take my Uncle to the Thistle restaurant right down from the Satriale's Pork Store. It still had the sign out front at that time.
Most of the episodes were shot in Essex County Tony's house was in Essex Fells. Great show it's hard to believe it's almost 20 years ago.
I just binged watched it last month.
Link Posted: 3/7/2018 10:20:57 AM EDT
[#5]
Funniest scene in the entire series:

Ralph Cifaretto: Hi, this is Detective Mike Hunt, Beaver Falls, Pennsylvania police department. You have a son Peter Paul?

Nucci Gaultieri: Oh, my God! What happened?

Ralph Cifaretto: He's alright, ma'am, but I'm afraid he's in a little trouble. We found him in a public men's room in Lafayette Park. I don't know how to put this delicately...he was sucking a cub scout's dick.

The Sopranos - Ralph Cifaretto Prank Call
Link Posted: 3/7/2018 11:45:28 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

But he's Canuckistanian, and he talks about your dick...
View Quote
I tried dude.
Link Posted: 3/7/2018 11:46:47 AM EDT
[#7]
Good but not Breaking Bad good. 
Link Posted: 3/7/2018 11:53:47 AM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 3/7/2018 12:04:55 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 3/7/2018 12:06:33 PM EDT
[#10]
The ending was a masterpiece to the writing and acting of the show.   You really have to start paying attention to the dialog in the last 4or 5 shows . There are plenty of hints . A lot of people didn’t get it because they just sat there and watched the shows from their sofa.  You need to watch it from the actors point of view (hint hint).
Link Posted: 3/7/2018 12:07:48 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
I think Abercrombies First Law trilogy or even his stand alone books in the same universe would all be way better
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

band of brothers was better.

rome was good to.

sopranos was good, sorta like a soap opera for men about made guys.

deadwood i miss greatly.

when got is done, the writers should do aberchrombie's shattered seas series, one book per season, it would be a slam dunk.. its perfect for the hbo format.

eta .. 'the night of' was also a good short series.
my take on the first law. it would be hard to make. its very dark, with lots of bad endings. the characters however are tier 1, nine fingers, glokta, the practicals and others. its the development of the story itself that i see as a problem. though i'd love to see it done.

the shattered sea series has a number of things going for it, a good story arc, interesting characters and a less complex, more straight forward story. it has a lot of things in it that are doing well these days, vikings, swords, battles, and apocalyptic pre-events. its just a cleaner/easier thing to develop. and i suspect it would be cheaper than trying to bring the first law to some sort of screen. and finally 3 books, 3 years (more or less) of story. to me it screams hbo. and got screamed hbo and i said so on an old hbo forum before it was ever even considered being made. i was right about that (my main point was that it had very interesting characters and interesting story arcs) and im right about abercrombie's stuff too.
Link Posted: 3/7/2018 12:13:14 PM EDT
[#12]
If you have the attention span of a Mediterranean fruit fly and need gunfire, explosions, titties or fucking every 3 minutes to hold your attention, then Sopranos is not for you.
Link Posted: 3/7/2018 12:14:36 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
The ending was a masterpiece to the writing and acting of the show.   You really have to start paying attention to the dialog in the last 4or 5 shows . There are plenty of hints . A lot of people didn’t get it because they just sat there and watched the shows from their sofa.  You need to watch it from the actors point of view (hint hint).
View Quote
Yup, anyone that didn't think the ending was a "masterpiece" wasn't "paying attention" and "didn't get it."

Link Posted: 3/7/2018 2:30:39 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

Yup, anyone that didn't think the ending was a "masterpiece" wasn't "paying attention" and "didn't get it."

https://media.giphy.com/media/P94nBIDnv6SmQ/giphy.gif
View Quote
He's right.
Link Posted: 3/7/2018 2:30:44 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Hierarchy of my favorites:

1.  Breaking Bad

2.  The Sopranos

3.  Fargo (seasons 1 & 2)

4.  Better Call Saul

5.  Homeland (seasons 1 through 5)
View Quote
I agree with 1, 2, and 4, in the same order. I guess I'll have to check out the others.
Link Posted: 3/7/2018 2:57:23 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
He's right.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

He's right.
The fact that there are people so obsessed with the show they have a lot of the dialogue memorized word for word and they didn't like the ending proves that he's not.
Link Posted: 3/7/2018 2:58:03 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
A guy that's an interior decorator, killed 87 czechoslovakians
View Quote
Pine barrens !!! One of the top 3 episodes in my opinion..
Link Posted: 3/7/2018 3:18:43 PM EDT
[#18]
Satanic black magic! Sick shit!

The Sopranos Episode 22 Paulie Freaks Out on Psychic
Link Posted: 3/7/2018 3:20:31 PM EDT
[#19]
I'm in the middle of season 5 right now. It's a great show.
Link Posted: 3/7/2018 3:33:45 PM EDT
[#20]
Lol at all the haters about the final episode.

What else did you want?
Link Posted: 3/7/2018 7:36:50 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
View Quote
It's blatantly obvious what happens in the last scene of the series.  Perfect ending.

edit:

A video explaining the flow of the last scene and associated previous allusions plus a little theory about who did it:

The Sopranos ending explained
Link Posted: 3/8/2018 2:04:10 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Lol at all the haters about the final episode.

What else did you want?
View Quote
They all start talking and eating, the camera zooms back to show the front of the restaurant (with the music still playing), and that's it. That would leave you thinking they renegotiate with the new leadership in New York, and life goes on. That's what I was expecting, especially after the FBI guy said *We're gonna win this thing* after hearing about what happened to the opposition.
Link Posted: 3/8/2018 2:39:36 AM EDT
[#23]
Not much I can say that hasn't already been said. I'm a big fan and have re-watched it 3 or 4 times over the years.
Link Posted: 3/8/2018 2:51:03 AM EDT
[#24]
Soap opera for men
Link Posted: 3/8/2018 2:55:05 AM EDT
[#25]
Something about wearing hats inside. Idk
Link Posted: 3/8/2018 3:11:33 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
He's right.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

He's right.
They didn't do the ending that way because it was some artsy masterpiece. They did the ending that way because there was talk of a movie being made and they couldn't do that if Tony was killed or in prison. They wanted to leave their options open if a movie did get made. They couldn't do a prequel movie with how much all the actors had aged during the show so the only real possibility was a movie that occurred after the diner scene.

They really sold out and did that half-assed ending for what turned out to be no reason. All the rumors of a potential movie turned out to be just that rumors.
Link Posted: 3/8/2018 4:07:05 AM EDT
[#27]
Its an absolutely average series filled to the brim with annoying, nagging, PITA female characters.  And eating.  Lots of eating.
Link Posted: 3/8/2018 4:18:33 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Its an absolutely average series filled to the brim with annoying, nagging, PITA female characters.  And eating.  Lots of eating.
View Quote
The Sopranos rocked. Are you talking about that Vikings show ? Those bitches ruined everything.....
Link Posted: 3/8/2018 6:47:42 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

The Sopranos rocked. Are you talking about that Vikings show ? Those bitches ruined everything.....
View Quote

No, I was referring to The Sopranos...
Link Posted: 3/8/2018 6:56:50 AM EDT
[#30]
Did someone say Gabagool?

The Sopranos - Gabagool? Over Here!!

Quoted:
I must be the only person who liked the ending.
View Quote
Nope I did also.
Link Posted: 3/9/2018 12:16:10 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
View Quote
Just think of what Chase's personal life must be like.
Link Posted: 3/9/2018 12:22:58 PM EDT
[#32]
Link Posted: 3/9/2018 12:29:20 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
Something about wearing hats inside. Idk
View Quote
They don’t sell hotdogs here
Link Posted: 3/9/2018 5:15:59 PM EDT
[#34]
OH!  

NSFW language

[youtube]https://youtu.be/zFON1IE13Lg[/youtube]
Page / 3
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top