Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 4
Link Posted: 6/25/2023 3:34:09 AM EDT
[#1]
My 82 year old cousin lives there. He has a handlebar moustache, pocket watch, monocle and top hat. Says he's a chick magnet, and never has gotten so much pussy.
Link Posted: 6/25/2023 3:40:23 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History

If you go to the Villages own website, under "Does The Villages allow children?" it says there is a 30 day limit for anyone under 18.

https://www.thevillages.com/faq
Link Posted: 6/25/2023 3:41:09 AM EDT
[#3]
Ironically a while back I got a suggestion to a video on this place too. I guess some film maker from the EU went there and filmed a bunch of stuff.

It was fucking hilarious. This has it all, one Karen lady bitching because the retired want to have fun, and at one point she literally says something like "they think they can retire and just enjoy doing whatever they want!".

Then you have locals who don't want it expanding more, and then you have the people who live there just wilding out. My favorite was the boomer parade. They did a Trump caravan of golf carts, and opposing Biden supporters are shaking signs at the golf carters who honk and yell as they go past. I can only imagine how funny it was to someone from another country.

I know its VICE, and they are liberal fuck faces. But if you wanna see the life and times of old people going crazy enjoy. (Personally I think its a great retirement community and I wish more folks could enjoy their older years in a community like this)

The cart parade is at 107:00

Golf, Booze & Guns: Inside Boomer Paradise | The Bubble (Full Film) | The Short List
Link Posted: 6/25/2023 3:49:05 AM EDT
[#4]
I remember commercials 40 years ago ..”free golf for life’ ….you tell a geezer something is free and they will line up in the rain to get it… I don’t know if that’s still included .
Link Posted: 6/25/2023 3:51:00 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

If you go to the Villages own website, under "Does The Villages allow children?" it says there is a 30 day limit for anyone under 18.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

I believe that applies if the children aren't residents, IE, they'revisiting their Parents or Grandparents. But if the Grandparentsdo have legal custody, the Villagesal allow it. In the end, they do have kids living there and even have families under 55+ living there (moast of those are folks who work there).
Link Posted: 6/25/2023 3:52:25 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Ironically a while back I got a suggestion to a video on this place too. I guess some film maker from the EU went there and filmed a bunch of stuff.

It was fucking hilarious. This has it all, one Karen lady bitching because the retired want to have fun, and at one point she literally says something like "they think they can retire and just enjoy doing whatever they want!".

Then you have locals who don't want it expanding more, and then you have the people who live there just wilding out. My favorite was the boomer parade. They did a Trump caravan of golf carts, and opposing Biden supporters are shaking signs at the golf carters who honk and yell as they go past. I can only imagine how funny it was to someone from another country.

I know its VICE, and they are liberal fuck faces. But if you wanna see the life and times of old people going crazy enjoy.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jp0nqJ1yrrg
View Quote
The Villages is a major economic player in Lake Sumter County and they're pretty much taking over. Places like Wildwood are on borrowed time.
Link Posted: 6/25/2023 4:06:49 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
I wonder what the legal issues are, if you are a resident, and end up having to raise your minor grandchildren....which is not all that uncommon.  

Do you have to move out of the Villages?
View Quote

Minimum age to live in my community, Sun City, is 55yrs old. Children aren't allowed to live here and visit times are limited.
Link Posted: 6/25/2023 4:10:11 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
I remember commercials 40 years ago ..”free golf for life’ ….you tell a geezer something is free and they will line up in the rain to get it… I don’t know if that’s still included .
View Quote

Use of our three courses costs extra, a lot extra. It's definitely not free.
Link Posted: 6/25/2023 4:33:40 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Times have changed… we have stayed overnight there a couple of times ( picking up NFA items in
Leesburg) and thought it was a cool set up. I can definitely see the appeal.
Link Posted: 6/25/2023 5:39:53 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
It’s not diverse enough…I can tell you that from working there for 2 years.
View Quote

What do you mean: "Not diverse enough"??
Link Posted: 6/25/2023 5:42:31 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
I live 15 minutes from the villages, done tons of stuff there. It’s awesome. The streets are clean, the landscaping is beautiful all the time, it’s 99% white (super polite, low crime). Maybe 1 in 20 people have visible tattoos. It’s like going to a downtown area, but not crowded shoulder to shoulder with 90%+ hispanics like everywhere else in Florida. You can go to the square and look in a couple shops, eat at a nice but affordable restaurant, grab some haagen daz ice cream, and sit on the pier by the water as the sun sets. All while there is a band playing live music that is usually classic rock, or country, but at the very least isn’t ghetto puerto-rican shit like I hear the rest of my waking life.

I’ve lived this close for more than 10 years, been there hundreds of times, and have done date nights there several times. I’m 26, my gf is 21, we have a good time there. It feels like going out, but zero ghetto shit. It’s also all free entrance and entertainment.
View Quote

Agreed!~
Link Posted: 6/25/2023 5:51:49 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
I watch all sorts of random shit on YouTube. This one popped up in my feed a watched it because me and some of my friends joke about retiring in The Villages in Florida. It’s kinda long but interesting nonetheless. It goes over the misconceptions associated with the community and what it’s like living there. Seems like a pretty cool place to live your golden years.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BX4i8qprP2I
View Quote

Well the Tampa Tribune ran an article a few years back about some 75 yo woman who was arrested for public indecency up there for being naked in a gazebo and pulling a train with 5 dudes.
Link Posted: 6/25/2023 6:13:58 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Are you telling me there's nothing available in all of Del Boca Vista!??
View Quote

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 6/25/2023 6:26:31 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
It’s not diverse enough…I can tell you that from working there for 2 years.

Hell yeah! Somebody call up Ben Crump and raise a stink. We need to get some Section 8s up in there!
Link Posted: 6/25/2023 7:10:06 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
I'm in these 55+ communities all the time for work.

They're not as bad as the urban legends make them, but the degeneracy certainly exists.  Some old whore got arrested for fucking dudes right there on the town square for everyone to watch.

They are extremely depressing. All the fancy landscaping is a thin veneer covering a whole lot of misery. Tons of alcoholism and pill popping, (almost seems more prevalent among the women which is kinda of surprising,) domestic issues all over, endless busybodies, and don't forget the degenerate offspring staying in spare bedrooms.

Many of these folks are not growing old gracefully to say the least.

I don't really understand why these people want to exist in a place completely devoid of youth or family. I talk to people that are clearly depressed as hell and they'll mention that they have a big wonderful family in a different state but hardly ever see them.  For what? some illusion of luxury? Golf? It's just really bizarre to me.
View Quote

How many of them wouldn't see their kids very often if the kids lived a block away, though? Plus, covid screwed travel up a lot for the last few years.
Link Posted: 6/25/2023 7:17:09 AM EDT
[#16]
Too many people and no seasons. No thanks.
Link Posted: 6/25/2023 7:25:47 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

Sure, that's one way to limit who lives there.  But the non-resident poster said he stops by for dinner and their other venues.  I just wondered what keeps the riff-raff from loitering.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

The price of the homes

Sure, that's one way to limit who lives there.  But the non-resident poster said he stops by for dinner and their other venues.  I just wondered what keeps the riff-raff from loitering.

Just from the video, it seems like there isn't much that the riff-raff is going to want to loiter around.  Bunch of happy, white old people, no boom-boom music, karen's everywhere, police probably don't put up with much shit from outsiders.
Link Posted: 6/25/2023 7:31:04 AM EDT
[#18]
Liberal shithole full of geriatric Karens and dead dick Chads that don't tip. Our grand daughter worked in a popular pizza restaurant there, the retired customers treat young wait staff like shit and think they are entitled everywhere they go. That town has the highest turnover of service workers anywhere in Florida.
Link Posted: 6/25/2023 7:46:52 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Liberal shithole full of geriatric Karens and dead dick Chads that don't tip. Our grand daughter worked in a popular pizza restaurant there, the retired customers treat young wait staff like shit and think they are entitled everywhere they go. That town has the highest turnover of service workers anywhere in Florida.
View Quote

All true except the Liberal part, the Villages is Trump crazy other than small groups of cat ladies.
Link Posted: 6/25/2023 8:00:25 AM EDT
[#20]
Have a couple I knew from Fl that sold and moved up here to Tellico Lakes…..they're into that shit….wife swapping and heavy drinking…they're not disappointed up here.  If you want that shit it can be found most anywhere in those types of communities
Link Posted: 6/25/2023 8:01:07 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
View Quote

I always heard old people tip shitty everywhere.  I mean those fuckers eat out at every meal, tipping would get expensive.
Link Posted: 6/25/2023 8:01:27 AM EDT
[#22]
Ha, I live a few minutes from The Villages.  I'm in my 20's, and I'll say that before moving here I loved being around old people.  I don't feel the same anymore.  Everyone feels the need to give me irrelevant unsolicited advice.

I've never had so many near misses driving- my favorite type of near miss is when you have the right of way and some old geezer in a $70k sports car stares at you with mouth agape for ages before suddenly pulling out in front of you.

You don't want to work locally- wages are shit, managers think $14/hr is pretty good for someone with a decade of experience, and the customers are even worse.  They can't comprehend that a walmart coupon was no good in publix.  Trades really aren't much better, I've wanted to quit my white collar job for awhile; but I can't actually pay my minimum bills off of $12/hr, which is the going rate if you're not licensed.  It takes 4yrs to get licensed, and most employers will not sign off on your hours because they don't want any competition.

I guess one positive are all the car guys.  You can go to a dinky little car show and see Lamborghinis, Ferraris, DeLoreans, and all sorts of other classic cars.  

I could never retire in The Villages.  It's fun to visit for food/shopping, but the compliance is stifling.  The mere thought of living in an HOA makes me feel like I'm suffocating.

I'd rather leave FL- it's a fake conservative state, and the only way to live well here is to make your millions elsewhere and then retire.
Link Posted: 6/25/2023 8:45:14 AM EDT
[#23]
Years ago my mom had a place there.
Visited multiple times.
Seems kind of neat but I think it would get boring after awhile.
Mom said "When I'm gone, this will be yours".
I said "Sell it.  I'm not moving to Florida".

To me, Florida has too many people, too hot, too many bugs.
I retired and decided to stay in Michigan.
Link Posted: 6/25/2023 9:28:20 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

All true except the Liberal part, the Villages is Trump crazy other than small groups of cat ladies.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

LOL, you say that as if Trump isn't liberal. Between his gun banning, stimulus free money programs, and being older than the average retiree there. Of course they love him!
Link Posted: 6/25/2023 9:45:20 AM EDT
[#25]
My Parents lived down there for a number of years.

A common float pool gossip story is:
Married couple moves in, old man dies. Widow finds a young buck stud. Decks him out in a brand new lawn care business with new truck, trailer with all new equipment. He slays her needs until she’s gone. He moves on to the next widow in need. Slay’n old poon is a thing for some guys.

I got laps done in the pool but you couldn’t miss hearing the gossip clutch even doing that since nobody uses their hearing aids in the pool.
Link Posted: 6/25/2023 9:54:08 AM EDT
[#26]
For people that need to be around other people a community like that is great. I'm not that social and enjoy my privacy too much to live in a place like that. To each his own though, I may change my mind as I get older.
Link Posted: 6/25/2023 10:50:04 AM EDT
[#27]
Sounds like a fun place. Would be willing to give it a shot, but it sounds expensive. I'm 55 (retired) and my wife is 61 (she retires within the year). But I'm sure that we'll be staying up here in our paid-for home in the frozen tundra. I dunno if I could live in FL, but AZ or NV might be okay.
Link Posted: 6/25/2023 10:58:17 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
The Villages is a major economic player in Lake SUMTER County and they're pretty much taking over. Places like Wildwood are on borrowed time.
View Quote

Lake and Marion have very small parts of The Villages. Sumter is the main county.
Link Posted: 6/25/2023 11:01:01 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

The blue hairs there get really pissed if you drive on grass.
View Quote

My experience is there's very, very few things that won't piss off a blue hair...................  
Link Posted: 6/25/2023 11:02:23 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

Lake and Marion have very small parts of The Villages. Sumter is the main county.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
The Villages is a major economic player in Lake SUMTER County and they're pretty much taking over. Places like Wildwood are on borrowed time.

Yeah, it is Sumter I was thinking of.... I try to avoid The Villages during my travels.
Link Posted: 6/25/2023 11:04:19 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

We had a guy ask his neighbor out on a date, she said no, he went home got his pistol and did a mag-dump into her front door.
View Quote

Who here hasn't done that?  
Link Posted: 6/25/2023 11:29:04 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

We had a guy ask his neighbor out on a date, she said no, he went home got his pistol and did a mag-dump into her front door.

That involves leaving Mom's basement. Which we all know the majority of GD'ers never do that.
Link Posted: 6/25/2023 11:29:44 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
It was much nicer back in the Orange Blossom Gardens days.
View Quote

I’ve been in Leesburg since 97’ and basically it was a glorified mobile home park at the time. Now it’s insane how much land The Villages occupies.
They are a bunch of red light running fuckers out there. I remember when it didn’t take half an hour to get from 466 to 42.
Link Posted: 6/25/2023 11:34:47 AM EDT
[#34]
My buddy and his wife have a very nice house there and love the place. It's their "extra" home and her mother is currently living there . His wife loves the place and will go on and on about how wonderful it is.

I asked him once about the swinger stories and he said that there is subtle talk about it in some circles , but he has never experienced anyone involved.
Link Posted: 6/25/2023 11:34:54 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

I’ve been in Leesburg since 97’ and basically it was a glorified mobile home park at the time. Now it’s insane how much land The Villages occupies.
They are a bunch of red light running fuckers out there. I remember when it didn’t take half an hour to get from 466 to 42.
View Quote

I use HWY 301.

BTW, that BBQ in Wildwood on 301?

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 6/25/2023 11:48:11 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

View Quote

Not far from me is Hot Springs Village.  I've never been to the Florida version but it seems to be similar.  The only way in is through gates.
Link Posted: 6/25/2023 11:48:42 AM EDT
[#37]
Hell now I'd love to move there but it's really fucking hot there most of the year not to mention constant hurricane threats.
Link Posted: 6/25/2023 12:01:43 PM EDT
[#38]
My parents live about 40 minutes away. When I lived in Florida, sometimes we’d drive to The Villages to go out to eat, in that plaza that has the seafood restaurant and a few other places with the fake lake.

I can see the appeal for a certain demographic, but seriously, you have to be some kind of milquetoast, bland, uncultured person to want to live there. It’s really, really phony. Sure it’s clean, manicured, etc, but it’s soooo corny. The buildings have plaques on some of them that have fake little back stories like “Doc Johnson built this as a saloon in 1874.” On buildings that were manufactured like 15-25 years ago. It’s truly like Disney World stuff.

It’s slightly dressed up strip malls with golf courses. There’s a segment of society that appeals to, I get it, and I’m sure they make living there easy as a senior. You’re also living in MAJOR HOA land, so be prepared to do whatever they want you to do.

Uninspired living for old boring people. And holy shit, people moving there at 55 - that’s way too young for this area.

The Villages is a place to live for people who think going on a cruise is the ultimate vacation.
Link Posted: 6/25/2023 12:05:19 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
When I think of The Villages, I think it would be like living in a community where everyone pulls a boat up in shalllow water and bathing in each others piss surrounded by people who shouldn't be wearing skimpy clothes.
View Quote

Link Posted: 6/26/2023 2:17:06 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

Times have changed… we have stayed overnight there a couple of times ( picking up NFA items in
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I don't live in The Villages.
Link Posted: 6/26/2023 2:49:57 AM EDT
[#41]
I own two apartment complexes.

It’s a terrible idea leaving old people to their own devices. They fucking go nuts and turn into terrible people. I found this out with my second complex.

Old people need kids, parents, singles and other types around them. For everyone’s mental health.

It’s what an actual village looked like for the better part of 10,000 years.

We are literally bred to live like that.
Link Posted: 6/26/2023 10:40:26 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
Places like Wildwood are on borrowed time.
View Quote

Yup.  Mother-in-law lived in Wildwood and her community got absorbed into the Villages a few years ago.

Old people are nuts.  We were clearing out the house about a week after she died the following happened more than once:

*old person motors up on a golf cart*
"Hey, I'm really sorry to hear about her passing, she was such a nice lady."  *five second pause* "Can I have those plants/chair/appliance/etc., I always thought it was nice."

Vultures.
Link Posted: 6/26/2023 10:48:22 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
My 82 year old cousin lives there. He has a handlebar moustache, pocket watch, monocle and top hat. Says he's a chick magnet, and never has gotten so much pussy.
View Quote

He dresses up like that Planter's Peanut guy?
Link Posted: 6/26/2023 10:49:47 AM EDT
[#44]
An estate planning business would do nicely there.
Link Posted: 6/26/2023 10:50:42 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
That involves leaving Mom's basement. Which we all know the majority of GD'ers never do that.
View Quote

Do they even basements in Florida?
Link Posted: 6/26/2023 10:54:39 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Nope! (Well, technically yes, a tiny few have them in the panhandle.)
Link Posted: 6/26/2023 10:54:48 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
The Villages is a major economic player in Lake County and they're pretty much taking over. Places like Wildwood are on borrowed time.
View Quote

Waiting for Yamaha to put out a over landing monster EV cart then I'm moving there.
Link Posted: 6/26/2023 10:55:42 AM EDT
[#48]
We dont like being around people, so this place is not on our list for sure

Link Posted: 6/26/2023 11:09:55 AM EDT
[#49]
I don't need a lot of space.  But fuck that packed to the gills city planning.
Attachment Attached File

And every time I hear The Villages, I replay that old movie with John Ritter in my head...
The Colony.
Link Posted: 6/26/2023 11:10:55 AM EDT
[#50]
I really like his channel. Watched some of his Las Vegas Vids recently and keep seeing this one pop up.
Page / 4
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top