Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 5
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 11/29/2023 7:10:11 AM EDT
[#1]
He'll probably go quickly now that his wife is dead.

Link Posted: 11/29/2023 7:35:36 AM EDT
[#2]
Imagine being so wrapped up in politics that you lose all sense of being a decent human being.
Link Posted: 11/29/2023 7:36:20 AM EDT
[#3]
dont care, kick him while his down
Link Posted: 11/29/2023 7:44:36 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Imagine being so wrapped up in politics that you lose all sense of being a decent human being.
View Quote

Imagine being so wrapped up in virtue signalling that you express adoration for someone who wants to deny you your rights, but then denies that he does, and calls YOU gullible. On AR15.com no less.
Carter In his own words

"Heavily influenced and supported by the firearms industry, N.R.A. leaders have misled many gullible people into believing that our weapons are going to be taken away from us, and that homeowners will be deprived of the right to protect ourselves and our families. The N.R.A. would be justified in its efforts if there were a real threat to our constitutional right to bear arms. But that is not the case."

Nice guy though right? Nice isn't always good, and good isn't always nice.
Link Posted: 11/29/2023 7:59:46 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
He's 92
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
And William Shatner is only seven years younger.  Crazy.

https://deadline.com/wp-content/uploads/2023/03/IMG_3193.jpg?w=735
He's 92

That would be 99 minus 7….
Link Posted: 11/29/2023 8:11:39 AM EDT
[#6]
And he’s even got on the blanket my mom designed and her company manufactured. Crazy. Better pic of blanket
Link Posted: 11/29/2023 8:25:55 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Imagine being so wrapped up in virtue signalling that you express adoration for someone who wants to deny you your rights, but then denies that he does, and calls YOU gullible. On AR15.com no less.
Carter In his own words

"Heavily influenced and supported by the firearms industry, N.R.A. leaders have misled many gullible people into believing that our weapons are going to be taken away from us, and that homeowners will be deprived of the right to protect ourselves and our families. The N.R.A. would be justified in its efforts if there were a real threat to our constitutional right to bear arms. But that is not the case."

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Carter In his own words

You’re confusing adoration with empathy and common decency.
Link Posted: 11/29/2023 8:30:19 AM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 11/29/2023 9:34:32 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

my dad looked like that just before he passed
View Quote

So did mine.  

I guess I never really saw the huge transformation over the course of several years because he lived with me and I saw him every day.

Looking back, his degradation is shocking.
Link Posted: 11/29/2023 9:39:01 AM EDT
[#10]
She got the chance to live long enough to see that her husband was not the worse president in history.
Link Posted: 11/29/2023 9:42:35 AM EDT
[#11]
70 yrs from now you all will look like Arnold Schwartzenegger
Link Posted: 11/29/2023 9:50:11 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Life is a vapor.

James 4:13-16
[13] Come now, you who say, “Today or tomorrow we will go into such and such a town and spend a year there and trade and make a profit”—[14] yet you do not know what tomorrow will bring. What is your life? For you are a mist that appears for a little time and then vanishes. [15] Instead you ought to say, “If the Lord wills, we will live and do this or that.” [16] As it is, you boast in your arrogance. All such boasting is evil.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/2153/IMG_6121_jpeg-3043157.JPG

My dad did too. He was 90.

Miss you dad, every day.
Link Posted: 11/29/2023 10:09:59 AM EDT
[#13]
I met them both twice and talked to them, both times after he was no longer president and had not much of a security detail.

Once on my jet and the other just at the airport. They had the means to travel by private jet, yet they travelled by airline like the common people. I sat down next to them and talked to them at LGA airport while they were waiting to go to DC after a 9/11 memorial they attended. Nobody else noticed them sitting together alone in the gate waiting area. I introduced myself quietly and they asked me to sit down They both actually talked to me sincerely it was late at night and few people were around. We talked for around 30 minutes, while we waited for the flight.

I did not agree with any of his policies except maybe the attempt to rescue the Iranian  hostages, but a I believe they both loved this country and his heart was in the right place back when most dems loved the country but were socially liberal with spending money on social programs, not like the communist leftists today.

Some people say his commoner reputation was just a publicity act, I don’t think so.

I think they are / were genuinely good people that loved America, although somewhat misguided with social and foreign policy.

I hope he finds peace and joins up with his wife when it is his time. Death comes for us all, the only variable is the timing. Not sure which is better, go first so you don’t have to morn your loved ones, or live longer and watch others die.

Either way it sucks.
Link Posted: 11/29/2023 10:12:48 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

View Quote

Green pussy is the fountain of youth
Link Posted: 11/29/2023 10:12:55 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

Carter In his own words

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Carter In his own words

Well, after reading that, I take it all back, fuck him.
Link Posted: 11/29/2023 10:16:46 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
How unhappy of a person are you?
View Quote

Meh, no more, no less than most.  I have no sympathy for leftist assholes because they got old.  So as I said: Whatever.  He can die any time now.  I don't give a shit.
Link Posted: 11/29/2023 10:29:43 AM EDT
[#17]
I don't agree with a lot of his politics but he is among a group of old Dems that didn't/don't hate the US as it is, unlike most Dems these days.
Link Posted: 11/29/2023 10:32:21 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Like someone here said long ago, I believe he loved his country.
View Quote

I do not concur.
Link Posted: 11/29/2023 10:43:51 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Lots of recent info out there indicating that his “good guy” and “Everyman” schtick was a sham. Carter was not only a horrible president but likely just as much of an asshole as any of them. Oh and Habitat for Humanity is just as corrupt and shitty as most huge charities.

So anyway, no sympathy from me.
View Quote

This.  Ask the "killer rabbit" he clubbed with a canoe paddle.
Link Posted: 11/29/2023 10:45:22 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Set your thermostats to 65 and wear a sweater. That was is answer to the 70's energy crisis. Oh and never mind high inflation.
View Quote

Don't forget the 55MPH national speed limit, which really boosted CB radio sales and basically created the radar detector industy.
Link Posted: 11/29/2023 10:49:00 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Disagree with his politics, but he seems like a good man who was faithful to his wife and tried to help people.  Can't hate on that.
View Quote

Operative words here are "seems like".  Know any other "good christians" that did Playboy Magazine interviews?

Link Posted: 11/29/2023 10:52:04 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

Absolutely #ZFG. That bastard stood us down in Jan, 1979 from intervening in Iran. Look at the # of our guys from the Marine barracks bombing to the last IED in AFG that were maimed or killed from shit made/inspired by Iran. That blood is on his hands. He's a globalist POS like Soros. I'll smoke a couple of cigars the night after he dies. Harsh? Yeah, but I've seen too many of our guys come back with parts gone or f'd up with PTSD. #karma
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Can't stand the man, but I've been at death's doorstep a few times and likely didn't look much better. May God grant him peace and end his suffering and reunite him with his wife.

Absolutely #ZFG. That bastard stood us down in Jan, 1979 from intervening in Iran. Look at the # of our guys from the Marine barracks bombing to the last IED in AFG that were maimed or killed from shit made/inspired by Iran. That blood is on his hands. He's a globalist POS like Soros. I'll smoke a couple of cigars the night after he dies. Harsh? Yeah, but I've seen too many of our guys come back with parts gone or f'd up with PTSD. #karma

Don't forget having to invade Panama after he gave the Panama Canal to the same dope-slinging tin pot dictator that caused us to have to invade.  No one could see THAT coming, right?  What were our military casualties form THAT little fiasco?
Link Posted: 11/29/2023 10:52:30 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

Didn't Jimmy climb into an active reactor at some point?
View Quote
People that climb into "active reactors" don't climb out let alone make it into their 90s.

Admiral Rickover sent him to Canada to help the milk baggers clean up a meltdown early in their nuclear power program.

I was very young when Carter was president, so I can't say I remember, but I know the history and can say that he was not a successful potus.  Everything I've seen since he was president suggests he was a decent human. Even if his efforts were an attempt to make up for his presidency.  At least he made an attempt.  We have fallen so far in the quality of our leadership that Carter doesn't seem as bad anymore.  Perspective I guess.
Link Posted: 11/29/2023 10:54:23 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Reading most of this entire thread, I am unfortunately not surprised by the amount of vitriol and pure hatred interspersed with the more compassionate comments and observations about former President Jimmy Carter.    Strongly disagreeing with a political philosophy or presidential action is certainly proper, but I can't help but feel sorry for those with such bitterness in their hearts that just waits for an opportunity to release itself toward a 90 plus year old man who spent his life serving his country and fellow man.

I do not agree with President Carter on probably anything and I support the right of everyone to express their opinion as they see fit, just somehow these attacks sadden me, as does knowing how sad this new widower must feel.
View Quote

And how many widows and widowers are the direct result of his failed foreign policy?  FJC.
Link Posted: 11/29/2023 10:58:02 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
I didn't need to see that, OP. I can forgive you though. This simple photo, which some photojournalist took, most assuredly with others, for some reason, they chose this one of President Carter to post. It troubles me that if they had others that were less shocking than this one here, that they chose this one. If this was the only, the best some poor sop photographer/reporter could do, why in heck didn't the editor run the story without photos?
This is just disgusting, man.

President Carter served when political parties were different. Unlike our current CiC, despite his ineptness at global politics combined with having some pretty sorry "advisers", I knew without a doubt that President Carter had the best interests of the Country and the American People at heart. Yes he made mistakes and wasn't popular but this HARDLY justifies the press embarrassing him like this.

God Bless President Carter and Rosalynn.
View Quote

Please educate me as to how giving the Panama Canal to a corrupt dictator served the best interests of the country.
Link Posted: 11/29/2023 10:59:22 AM EDT
[#26]
Jimmy Carter was an absolute horrible president.  But he was not an evil man that hated this country, he spent many decades helping and volunteering to help others.  Obama, Clintons, Bushes, Bidens, thats a different story.
Link Posted: 11/29/2023 10:59:36 AM EDT
[#27]
He's still a commie piece of shit that has damaged this country in ways that persist today.

I hope he pays a price for what he's done to us
Link Posted: 11/29/2023 11:12:54 AM EDT
[#28]
I never had sympathy for the guy until I saw that picture.  Well except for losing his wife.  

I am surprised he was able to attend but when you have that kind of money things get done if you want to.
Link Posted: 11/29/2023 11:18:59 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
FJC

I don’t suddenly feel sorry for a pos because he was lucky enough to grow old.
View Quote

On one hand I agree.   He was a phony politician on many levels.   Not a good president either, only surpassed by Obama and Biden.   He is a partisan hack, if he was corrupt he hid it better than his democratic successors.

He looks pathetic now which does evoke thoughts of sympathy.
Link Posted: 11/29/2023 11:23:02 AM EDT
[#30]
The devil went down to Georgia, obviously.
Link Posted: 11/29/2023 11:28:39 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
Can't stand the man, but I've been at death's doorstep a few times and likely didn't look much better. May God grant him peace and end his suffering and reunite him with his wife.
View Quote

Agree and

Link Posted: 11/29/2023 12:04:07 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Boop.
Link Posted: 11/29/2023 12:05:25 PM EDT
[#33]
Oops
Link Posted: 11/29/2023 12:06:41 PM EDT
[#34]
I hate posting from a phone
Link Posted: 11/29/2023 12:32:39 PM EDT
[#35]
The photo ....

Did Carter play the Nazi in Indiana Jones when his face melted?
Link Posted: 11/29/2023 12:40:06 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
View Quote

May God grant him eternal damnation in the fires of hell and reunite him there with his wife.

There, I fixed it for you.

Link Posted: 11/29/2023 12:46:02 PM EDT
[#37]
Not a Dem, but Carter is looking really good for someone who is >90. Personally he got my respect, he is the only PotUS who didn't cheat on his wife when he was PotUS, he was loyal to the end. BTW he was a lousy PotUS, and from other ARFCOM discussions was not a very personable man, he just an ordinary soul.
Link Posted: 11/29/2023 2:14:11 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
View Quote

Backwards for Jimmy.  He was so wrapped up in being a decent human being, he lost all sense of politics, and the country/world blew up in his face.
Page / 5
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top