Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 136
Link Posted: 6/22/2023 12:40:59 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

The Atalante ship and the Horizon Artic rescue ships passed each other instead of a rendezvous. Maybe the Ann Harvey ship will meet the Atalante? Very interesting indeed.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Lookner is streaming. Tracking SAR ships. Pretty interesting.

The Atalante ship and the Horizon Artic rescue ships passed each other instead of a rendezvous. Maybe the Ann Harvey ship will meet the Atalante? Very interesting indeed.

Side by side now.
Link Posted: 6/22/2023 12:41:04 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Lookner is streaming. Tracking SAR ships. Pretty interesting.

Got a link to Lookner?
Link Posted: 6/22/2023 12:41:55 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

So they have a environmentally friendly potable water source.
View Quote

Wouldn’t they need to unbolt the floor panel holding the ‘toilet’?  (No idea how it’s secured actually)
Link Posted: 6/22/2023 12:42:19 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Contemplating if I want to wager a case of Pmags over the fact they are dead.
View Quote

Who would take that bet?  Unless they find the sub intact or in pieces from an implosion, we may never know the answer.

People were calling the "noise" every 30 minutes a distress signal.  That was nonsense from the beginning and no thinking person would assume that it was a distress signal.  Of course that rules out many liberals which is a common attribute of the media.
Link Posted: 6/22/2023 12:42:49 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Got a link to Lookner?
View Quote

Link Posted: 6/22/2023 12:43:31 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Got a link to Lookner?
View Quote

Link Posted: 6/22/2023 12:43:50 AM EDT
[#7]

Link Posted: 6/22/2023 12:44:59 AM EDT
[#8]
Has anyone talked about the plexiglass window fatigue? The clown bragged about how much it pushed in at 12k but if it was exposed to sunlight when it's out of the water wouldn't that degrade the plastic?
Link Posted: 6/22/2023 12:45:25 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Anyone else notice that the "only switch" onboard that the CEO points out in several videos looks a lot like these cheap 12V push switches available from Amazon and a lot of other places?

Here's a 2 pack for $16 with free Prime shipping.

edit: yep, I see several others have pointed this out as well.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/164515/IMG_4355_jpeg-2859699.JPG

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/164515/IMG_4356_jpeg-2859707.JPG

View Quote

For less than $40 more he could have gone with something classy and ironic.

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 6/22/2023 12:47:41 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
That guy posting with the mexican flag at the view port is one of the weirdest flexes I've ever seen.
View Quote

When you take a selfie of you sitting at the bow of the Titanic, nobody can top that.
Link Posted: 6/22/2023 12:50:33 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

When you take a selfie of you sitting at the bow of the Titanic, nobody can top that.
View Quote
The selfie I get. The country flag is just strange.
Link Posted: 6/22/2023 12:53:48 AM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 6/22/2023 12:55:49 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FzMx138XwAAZCe6?format=jpg&name=large

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FzM1GGFX0AA-LQp?format=jpg&name=large

View Quote

A bit too late, I'm afraid.  Fantastic effort to get there and be of help, but even if they get Nautile in the water in the next 15 minutes, I fear there just isn't enough time at this point.

Takes 2 hours to get it down there.  Getting it down there by 4AM would be a Titanic effort (no pun intended), if they ran into the sub within in hour, they'd only have like 2 hours to get it up and open.
Link Posted: 6/22/2023 12:59:43 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:  When you take a selfie of you sitting at the bow of the Titanic, nobody can top that.

We don't take selfies w/ American flags except when we're on the Moon.  The Titanic is as close as Mexico can get.
Link Posted: 6/22/2023 1:00:13 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
I just got back from up north.  Just heard about this today.  It sucks.  

Did you know that after all of these years the pool in the Titanic is STILL filled with water?
View Quote
Truly a testament to the engineering that went into building her
Link Posted: 6/22/2023 1:03:31 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

A bit too late, I'm afraid.  Fantastic effort to get there and be of help, but even if they get Nautile in the water in the next 15 minutes, I fear there just isn't enough time at this point.

Takes 2 hours to get it down there.  Getting it down there by 4AM would be a Titanic effort (no pun intended), if they ran into the sub within in hour, they'd only have like 2 hours to get it up and open.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:  https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FzMx138XwAAZCe6?format=jpg&name=large

You're assuming the self advertised oxygen & CO2 scrubber time limit on the Wish.com submarine is correct.  If they're using a game controller to steer the sub, and WalMart cushions to sit on the deck with, do you really think they had 96 hours of oxygen & CO2 scrubbing capability?  They're probably peacefully sleeping in their beds on Titanic with the other passengers.
Link Posted: 6/22/2023 1:08:10 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Parked it because they know it's done, and time for everyone to get some rest? I think that's more likely.
Link Posted: 6/22/2023 1:08:47 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

We don't take selfies w/ American flags except when we're on the Moon.  The Titanic is as close as Mexico can get.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:  When you take a selfie of you sitting at the bow of the Titanic, nobody can top that.

Pretty much this. Documenting that someone from your country went there.
Link Posted: 6/22/2023 1:10:22 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Literally
View Quote

The CG spokestranny has arrived to try to figure out what’s going on with some missing boat that everyone’s tweeting about.
Link Posted: 6/22/2023 1:10:49 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

You're assuming the self advertised oxygen & CO2 scrubber time limit on the Wish.com submarine is correct.  If they're using a game controller to steer the sub, and WalMart cushions to sit on the deck with, do you really think they had 96 hours of oxygen & CO2 scrubbing capability?  They're probably peacefully sleeping in their beds on Titanic with the other passengers.
View Quote

Damn, you got a point there…..

Link Posted: 6/22/2023 1:12:52 AM EDT
[#21]

Link Posted: 6/22/2023 1:14:33 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Has anyone talked about the plexiglass window fatigue? The clown bragged about how much it pushed in at 12k but if it was exposed to sunlight when it's out of the water wouldn't that degrade the plastic?
View Quote

That kind of hubris is bizarre. I mean... two fucking miles is two fucking miles.

“Yeah, yeah, but your scientists were so preoccupied with whether or not they could that they didn’t stop to think if they should.” – Dr. Ian Malcolm, Jurassic Park
Link Posted: 6/22/2023 1:16:52 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Literally
View Quote

Welcome, fellow Titanic/Submarine enthusiast.
Link Posted: 6/22/2023 1:17:07 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
View Quote
Or this

Link Posted: 6/22/2023 1:17:11 AM EDT
[#25]
No freakin way I would go down there. I don't even like my head underwater anymore. Just think about all of the fish poo in the ocean.
Link Posted: 6/22/2023 1:22:10 AM EDT
[#26]
A guy who's been on the submersible said the inside temp of the sub is around 32-34 degrees when they are down at the Titanic. Outside water temp is around 29 degrees. People usually wearing light clothes and go barefoot on the submersible since it's only an 8-10 hr trip.
Link Posted: 6/22/2023 1:22:14 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

That kind of hubris is bizarre. I mean... two fucking miles is two fucking miles.

“Yeah, yeah, but your scientists were so preoccupied with whether or not they could that they didn’t stop to think if they should.” – Dr. Ian Malcolm, Jurassic Park
View Quote

Not to mention the comment about oh if it's failing it'll crack and well get a warning

Almost like Southpark where they said Kenny we've replaced your heart with a baked potato you have 3 seconds to live...
Link Posted: 6/22/2023 1:23:30 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
That guy posting with the mexican flag at the view port is one of the weirdest flexes I've ever seen.

I think that's the trip where the window flexed .75" so indeed it's a weird flex
Link Posted: 6/22/2023 1:27:24 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

And the SAR boats have no idea where to look.  Talk about a needle in a haystack…
Link Posted: 6/22/2023 1:28:06 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

View Quote

I'd like to think it was right.  I hope it is right.

I also think that despite the bad press this design has gotten, it's not "wish.com".  It has managed to successfully make the plunge and return multiple times already.  There may be quite a few reasons they chose components that they did, beyond that they were cheap.  That will come out in the aftermath.

I just pray that there's still some hope to be had here.  God willing, they've already narrowed the search area a bit with ROVs or other techniques to rule out possible places it could be.  Hopefully if they get their manned sub in the water, they'll be able to zip around when it gets down there and cover the bow and stern and some of the surrounding area to see if it's there.  This is it, the one shot at it.  Just hoping for something positive.
Link Posted: 6/22/2023 1:31:23 AM EDT
[#31]

Johann meme please.
Link Posted: 6/22/2023 1:31:58 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
And the SAR boats have no idea where to look.  Talk about a needle in a haystack…
View Quote

Only possible thing to do is to just scour the wreck.  Open her up to full speed, shoot down the starboard side, shoot down the port, go over the top, transition to the stern and some of the debris field in the middle, and try to cover something like 500 meters in each direction around the bow.  If it's not anywhere there, it might be that she isn't found for weeks or months, if at all.  If she imploded, the odds of finding any of it are probably pretty small.  If they did come across pieces of it, I think it would be pretty obvious.

Just hoping they're in the process of launching the French sub right now and getting it down there ASAP.  Some brave men are going to be needed to take that trip under the figurative and literal pressures involved at this point.
Link Posted: 6/22/2023 1:33:45 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

But it will crackle and give you a warning
View Quote

How does he know? He didn't want any of the safety regs.
Link Posted: 6/22/2023 1:34:09 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

I'd like to think it was right.  I hope it is right.

I also think that despite the bad press this design has gotten, it's not "wish.com".  It has managed to successfully make the plunge and return multiple times already.  There may be quite a few reasons they chose components that they did, beyond that they were cheap.  That will come out in the aftermath.

I just pray that there's still some hope to be had here.  God willing, they've already narrowed the search area a bit with ROVs or other techniques to rule out possible places it could be.  Hopefully if they get their manned sub in the water, they'll be able to zip around when it gets down there and cover the bow and stern and some of the surrounding area to see if it's there.  This is it, the one shot at it.  Just hoping for something positive.
View Quote
Is there a manned rescue sub planning to go down? The Victor 6000 that the Atalante just arrived with is robotic. At best they can only attached a line with its arm.
Link Posted: 6/22/2023 1:34:45 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

Who would take that bet?  Unless they find the sub intact or in pieces from an implosion, we may never know the answer.

People were calling the "noise" every 30 minutes a distress signal.  That was nonsense from the beginning and no thinking person would assume that it was a distress signal.  Of course that rules out many liberals which is a common attribute of the media.
View Quote
But the lemmings turned off SPORTSBALL for a minute to be  bainwashed err I mean watch the news... It made for good news right? Humans are terrifying....
Link Posted: 6/22/2023 1:35:10 AM EDT
[#36]
I am still going with this.

Link Posted: 6/22/2023 1:38:03 AM EDT
[#37]
So there were 3 sister ships and two of them sank. The Titanic (or if you believe the conspiracy theories it was the Olympic that was switched out) and the Britainnic.

So isn't the Britainnic in less deep water? Seems like you could go look at that one safer and easier and get the same view. Is there different corrosion due to location and time?

Just Seems like if you see one Porsche 911 on the bottom of a swimming pool you've seen them all.
Link Posted: 6/22/2023 1:38:51 AM EDT
[#38]
If just the window failed, would it just rapidly fill with water or would it destroy the hull? If it would just fill with water, maybe they can recover the water burial coffin?
Link Posted: 6/22/2023 1:39:01 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
But the lemmings turned off SPORTSBALL for a minute to be  bainwashed err I mean watch the news... It made for good news right? Humans are terrifying....
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I edited and added an idea.

This thread is over 60 pages, in a couple days.

How much money can we donate to St. Jude's, because they do great work, and a lot of money is being wasted on these dead billionaires?

Who are the St. Jude foundraiser people to get in touch with to kick off a summertime fundraiser, for no reason, other than, fuck it.

Link Posted: 6/22/2023 1:39:02 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
Is there a manned rescue sub planning to go down? The Victor 6000 that the Atalante just arrived with is robotic. At best they can only attached a line with its arm.
View Quote

The Atalante should have Nautile on board, their manned sub.  6000 meter capable.
Link Posted: 6/22/2023 1:41:35 AM EDT
[#41]
The noise being heard is not any person. Even my wife pointed out that if someone in that sub was trying to signal, they’d bang out … - - - …
Everyone knows this bit of morse code.
Link Posted: 6/22/2023 1:41:57 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
If just the window failed, would it just rapidly fill with water or would it destroy the hull? If it would just fill with water, maybe they can recover the water burial coffin?
View Quote

If the window failed, I suspect that the sub would catastrophically disintegrate.  A hairline leak -- dripping water at first -- would rapidly become a torrent and then a complete rupture with the pressures involved, in all liklihood.

There wouldn't be time for it to fill up.  The sea would rush in in fractions of a second, the air would escape, and the sub would be crushed almost immediately.

Link Posted: 6/22/2023 1:42:08 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
View Quote
Ant meet boot....Very rapidly....
Link Posted: 6/22/2023 1:46:08 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
View Quote

At 6500 psi.  Can you imagine 3 tons on your testicles? What a horrible way to die.  33 degree internal temps, possible darkness, horrible breathing conditions, no food, no water, possibly drinking urine, putrid smells, no room to lie down or stand up—- fuck all.
Link Posted: 6/22/2023 1:46:25 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
View Quote

5500psi water jet. Slice you like a side of beef.
Link Posted: 6/22/2023 1:46:37 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

If the window failed, I suspect that the sub would catastrophically disintegrate.  A hairline leak -- dripping water at first -- would rapidly become a torrent and then a complete rupture with the pressures involved, in all liklihood.

There wouldn't be time for it to fill up.  The sea would rush in in fractions of a second, the air would escape, and the sub would be crushed almost immediately.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Like shotgunning beers. All about pressure release and air flow. In this case, there is little air, and the water pressure will quickly crush it.
Link Posted: 6/22/2023 1:49:56 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Damn, they died Sunday and may never find the pieces
Link Posted: 6/22/2023 1:53:12 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
View Quote

Not at the depths they are going.  If the window or hull fails those dudes would never know what happened and there wouldn’t be anything left to rapidly fill.
Link Posted: 6/22/2023 1:56:46 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

At 6500 psi.  Can you imagine 3 tons on your testicles? What a horrible way to die.  33 degree internal temps, possible darkness, horrible breathing conditions, no food, no water, possibly drinking urine, putrid smells, no room to lie down or stand up - fuck all.
View Quote
Nope cause it would be instant.... No suffering just a blink....
Link Posted: 6/22/2023 1:57:19 AM EDT
[#50]
Coast Guard provides detailed map showing massive area rescuers have scoured searching for banging sounds and missing Titan sub with five trapped crew members who went to visit Titanic wreckage

The search area has now expanded to around 14,000 square miles - twice the size of the state of Connecticut.

The US Coast Guard has released a new graphic map detailing their massive search pattern in the hunt for the missing Titanic submersible.

The image, released Wednesday night, showed the area above the shipwreck, marked with a large red X, and the areas surveyed by the joint rescue efforts of The Canadian Coast Guard boat John Cabot, commercial vessels Skandi Vinland and the Atlantic Merlin and a Coast Guard C-130 crew also arrived on scene to continue searching.

The update also stated that several other assets were mobilizing to help with the increasingly desperate search.

Among those are the Canadian CGS Ann Harvey, Canadian CGS Terry Fox, Motor Vessel Horizon Arctic (ROV), French Research Vessel L'Atalante (ROV).

The image shows the area above the shipwreck, marked with a large red X, and the areas surveyed by the joint rescue efforts

In addition, His Majesty's Canadian Ship Glace Bay, which is a mobile decompression chamber and medical personnel, the Air National Guard C-130 and ROV from Magellan will also join the efforts.

'The Navy is sending subject matter experts and a Flyaway Deep Ocean Salvage System (FADOSS), a motion-compensated lift system designed to provide reliable deep ocean lifting capacity for the recovery of large, bulky, and heavy undersea objects such as aircraft or small vessels, from Navy Supervisor of Salvage' the press release said.

'Expertise and equipment will support the unified command.'

The new pattern (above) shows searches completed on Wednesday, compared with the search area covered by Tuesday (below)

Link
Page / 136
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top