Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 41
Link Posted: 8/27/2013 7:03:29 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

You are NOT entitled to an opinion that is based on ignorance.  

Especially if you're going to be making statements or declarations about the subject matter, here.  
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I didn't mean to get involved in some sort of Ruby Ridge argument (since I know pretty much nothing about it.) I just don't think that what Troy has done merits the response they're getting. We're all entitled to our opinions though.

You are NOT entitled to an opinion that is based on ignorance.  

Especially if you're going to be making statements or declarations about the subject matter, here.  

Oh he's entitled to it. But by admitting that he knows jack shit and still has the opinions he has, he's said far more about himself than any direct analysis could ever say.
Link Posted: 8/27/2013 7:04:17 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

Genius.  Needs to be repeated.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Guys, I'm going to be honest here, and make a suggestion.

In light of the BS that Troy stands for now, there is something that can be done where the effects will be felt at Troy financially, even more than simply so many of us not buying new products, and that is, to flood the market with all of our used Troy products.

If the market is flooded with Troy products, then the market for new stuff will be be greatly diminished. Each used sale creates a loss of new sale. Troy doesn't make a dime on the product since it's used, but, they will be liable for warranty repairs in many cases.

If you have friends that are building something new, and want good quality but can't spend the cash, sell them your used Troy goods at a discount.

Get a hand written receipt from your buddy that just shows you sold one of their products, with your name, and the reason you sold it, and put it in an envelope and mail it in to Troy.

Then, whatever you were going to buy new that Troy would have been an option for, buy something from a competitor, and send a copy of the receipt , with you name, and why you didn't buy Troy.

Genius.  Needs to be repeated.

And Industry partners and site sponsors that sell Troy should be encouraged to stop....post haste
Link Posted: 8/27/2013 7:06:12 AM EDT
[#3]
Will Troy leave this site because it's clear they've become extremely unpopular here?
Link Posted: 8/27/2013 7:06:16 AM EDT
[#4]
How long has Monroe worked for Troy?
Link Posted: 8/27/2013 7:06:54 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Will Troy leave this site because it's clear they've become extremely unpopular here?
View Quote

I predict no.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 8/27/2013 7:07:56 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

In light of the BS that Troy stands for now, there is something that can be done where the effects will be felt at Troy financially, even more than simply so many of us not buying new products, and that is, to flood the market with all of our used Troy products.

If the market is flooded with Troy products, then the market for new stuff will be be greatly diminished. Each used sale creates a loss of new sale. Troy doesn't make a dime on the product since it's used, but, they will be liable for warranty repairs in many cases.

If you have friends that are building something new, and want good quality but can't spend the cash, sell them your used Troy goods at a discount.

Get a hand written receipt from your buddy that just shows you sold one of their products, with your name, and the reason you sold it, and put it in an envelope and mail it in to Troy.

Then, whatever you were going to buy new that Troy would have been an option for, buy something from a competitor, and send a copy of the receipt , with you name, and why you didn't buy Troy.

View All Quotes
Quoted:

The only thing I have to add:
Quoted:
This thread prompted me to "fix" my rail.  It was surprisingly easy and should definitely increase resale value.  The downside is that it will no longer be usable to create a JBT rifle clone...

https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/--epyT0R2ZkY/UhwtFvzgZmI/AAAAAAAAEiQ/7lW0WRCgDtE/s1024/IMG_3461-001.JPG

https://lh6.googleusercontent.com/-DzYOt2esjiQ/UhwtsBdJozI/AAAAAAAAEik/V8UK6f7Tq6g/s912/IMG_3462-001.JPG  

Every used troy sold should have this done.
Link Posted: 8/27/2013 7:08:24 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

In a nutshell.

I never thought this shit would come up again, after all this time.

This is just disappointing.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
So, here's a brief synopsis of Ruby Ridge for the unaware:

ATF guy undercover: "Hey Randy, can you shorten a shotgun for me?"

Weaver: "Sure, but I can't cut it under 18". Here you go."

ATD guy undercover: "HAHA! BUSTED, MOTHERFUCKER! IT'S UNDER 26" OVERALL! BURN!!!"

Weaver: "WTF?"

ATF: "We can make this go away if you join the Aryan Nations group down the road and spy on them for us..."

Weaver: "Fuck you."

*Weaver arrested, charged with gun crimes*

*court sends wrong court date to Weaver, so Weaver didn't show up for court*

Judge: "Arrest Weaver for Failure To Appear."

USMS: "Ok."

Someone: "Hey Judge, we sent Weaver the wrong court date. You should stop the warrant."

Judge: "Fuck him. No way."

USMS: "Well, we should wait & see if he shows up first, and if not we'll go get him."

US District Attorney: "Fuck him. Go get him now."

USMS: "Ok."

Geraldo Rivera: "HEY EVERYONE! LOOK At ME! THE WEAVERS SHOT AT ME!!!!"

Media: "The Weavers shot at a media chopper."

USMS: "No they didn't, but let's say they did anyway because fuck him, that's why.

* US Marshals, dressed in camo hiding on Weaver property, shoot Weaver's son's dog, firefight ensues killing Weaver's son & a USMS Marshal*

*Rules Of Engagement created*

Lon & Dale: "SWEET! WE CAN SHOOT EVERYBODY ALL UP IN THIS BITCH! WOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!"

Other cops: "WTF???????"

Lon: *BANG* = dead unarmed woman holding a baby

Dale: "Good shoot, bro. I totally woulda shot her in her fucking face but you did it first. Jerk."

Lon: "Well, off to Waco. Gotta get some more face-shooting time in."

Dale: "Later. I'll tell congress you were totally righteous!"

Troy: "Hey Dale, want a job?"

In a nutshell.

I never thought this shit would come up again, after all this time.

This is just disappointing.

The only conclusion that would have kept something like this from boiling to the surface again is if it had been finished, over and handled way back when.  Had the criminals on that mountain been held accountable for their action and been imprisoned, Troy would never have had a chance to hire Dale.

Ruby Ridge will routinely resurface as there was not a proper conclusion to the events that occurred there.
Link Posted: 8/27/2013 7:08:26 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Blissfully ignorant?

Troll?

or

Quisling?

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
I didn't mean to get involved in some sort of Ruby Ridge argument (since I know pretty much nothing about it.) I just don't think that what Troy has done merits the response they're getting. We're all entitled to our opinions though.

Then perhaps you should consider editing the post wherein you accused me of supporting/defending the Weavers, and the posts where you made a few assumptions of guilt where none was proven in a court of law.

See, ignorance of the full picture and assuming you can determine guilt are exactly what led the ROE to evolve without proper oversight.  They initially stated deadly force "could" be used. That morphed into "can be employed" and eventually "can and should be employed." Those involved became increasingly insular, allowing an asymmetrical (if you'll pardon the pun) escalation of tension.

You can apologize to me now for your egregious display of ignorance and logic derailment with respect to my comments on rule of law and due process being applied to accused offenders. I'll probably accept it.

I only edit posts fix grammatical errors. Doing what you're suggesting would destroy the flow of the conversation when it's read back. I don't mind being wrong, but I don't want to be a revisionist.
You seem a little too close to this, maybe because you're from Idaho. I don't think I was particularly insulting to you personally, or made any unfair assumptions. It still seems like you're defending, supporting, vindicating and glorifying the Weavers. I just don't have a problem dismissing their entire situation as "play stupid games." At least in the future, similar situations won't be touched off, because Marshalls won't have to scout an area on foot. They'll have UAVs for that.

Blissfully ignorant?

Troll?

or

Quisling?

All of the above.  

I expect to see TWO Pit threads coming from this thread, very soon.
Link Posted: 8/27/2013 7:08:32 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

He always gets a response.

TRG
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

damn,  that is a cold, but effective plan

Pavlov is a good dude like that.

TRG

You do too.  And your previous long post was absolutely dead on. For being the odd person that you are, sometimes you put my thoughts down better than I can.
Link Posted: 8/27/2013 7:09:45 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I was evil and vindictive in my former life.
Link Posted: 8/27/2013 7:10:18 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

I predict no.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I predict no.

You're probably correct. Apparently, they hadn't logged in here for months prior to this. IP sponsorship, or whatever they were, is thousands of dollars a year. Not much to them, but enough for an advertising tax write off.
Link Posted: 8/27/2013 7:10:55 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

I predict no.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I predict no.

Arfcom is brutal and doesn't forget anything.

I figure they'll bail before long.
Link Posted: 8/27/2013 7:11:01 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

It does not explain his lack of concern about the taunting of Vicki's family once it was known that she had been shot and killed...by his partner.

If I had watched my partner 'miss' a shot that killed a woman (blowing off part of her face and leaving her moaning in front of her children) and then saw my co-workers taunting, harassing and cruelly jeering about it to the victim's family, I would have handed them my rifle, my badge and spit on their uniform.

What did Dale Monroe do instead?

Defend, support and justify.

No matter what his decision was 'in the heat of the moment' or while he 'was just following orders' his actions after the fact speak volumes about his character, and the character of those who would support and defend him and his ilk.

At no point in time is it legal to 'miss' a target and kill a by stander.  

I would bet any amount of money that Dale and Lon were among those jeering and taunting the family about that 'accidental' shooting.  They have certainly spent two decades now patting each other on the backs for their actions.

Troy is a stain on this website.

TRG
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
"Historical views of one of their instructors.."???!!!

WTF man?

Have you no ability to comprehend what you read?

Monroe was there and testified before congress that the only reason he didn't kill Vicki Weaver, an unarmed American holding her 10 month old infant, was that Horiuchi touched her off before he could. And Troy Industries defends that sack of shit.

Think about that.

For all the talk in here, this crap still continues as being acceptable. The guy never said he would shoot an unarmed woman and in fact said he would not take a shot, under any circumstance, if it endangered the children.

It's one thing to be upset and against this, but it is another to spout of inaccurate information to make your point.

It does not explain his lack of concern about the taunting of Vicki's family once it was known that she had been shot and killed...by his partner.

If I had watched my partner 'miss' a shot that killed a woman (blowing off part of her face and leaving her moaning in front of her children) and then saw my co-workers taunting, harassing and cruelly jeering about it to the victim's family, I would have handed them my rifle, my badge and spit on their uniform.

No matter what his decision was 'in the heat of the moment' or while he 'was just following orders' his actions after the fact speak volumes about his character, and the character of those who would support and defend him and his ilk.

I would bet any amount of money that Dale and Lon were among those jeering and taunting the family about that 'accidental' shooting.  They have certainly spent two decades now patting each other on the backs for their actions.

TRG

Well said TRG. Now, what is Arfcom going to do about Troy? Stand with it's members against the hiring and support of this piece of shit Monroe, and do the right thing and end it's relationship with Troy as a site sponsor? Or will Arfcom continue to support Troy Industries as a site sponsor?
Link Posted: 8/27/2013 7:11:22 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

TRG
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

TRG

Hey wait, are your trying to Riiing my be'e'ell, ring my bell , ( my bell, ring my ring my bell )?
Link Posted: 8/27/2013 7:13:41 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

Hey wait, are your trying to Riiing my be'e'ell, ring my bell , ( my bell, ring my ring my bell )?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

TRG

He has to do something to quiet the applause.
Link Posted: 8/27/2013 7:15:17 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Thanks for the response Troy. I think when you boil it all down in GD, there may be 150 to 200 folks in here that won't buy your products because of this, me not being one of them. Hire whoever the hell you want and keep making great products. *ETA*They will sell. It's funny how GD spouts fire and brimstone when it comes to capatalism and a companies right to make money off their ingenuity but god forbid that same company steps over the imaginary lines in their heads
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Thanks for the response Troy. I think when you boil it all down in GD, there may be 150 to 200 folks in here that won't buy your products because of this, me not being one of them. Hire whoever the hell you want and keep making great products. *ETA*They will sell. It's funny how GD spouts fire and brimstone when it comes to capatalism and a companies right to make money off their ingenuity but god forbid that same company steps over the imaginary lines in their heads
Quoted:

If arfcom bandwagon boycotts actually worked, there wouldn't be a single gun/gun accessory manufacturer/dealer left in business.

Link Posted: 8/27/2013 7:17:42 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
No shit Thanks for the response Troy. I think when you boil it all down in GD, there may be 150 to 200 folks in here that won't buy your products because of this, me not being one of them. Hire whoever the hell you want and keep making great products. *ETA*They will sell. It's funny how GD spouts fire and brimstone when it comes to capatalism and a companies right to make money off their ingenuity but god forbid that same company steps over the imaginary lines in their heads

View All Quotes
Quoted:
No shit Thanks for the response Troy. I think when you boil it all down in GD, there may be 150 to 200 folks in here that won't buy your products because of this, me not being one of them. Hire whoever the hell you want and keep making great products. *ETA*They will sell. It's funny how GD spouts fire and brimstone when it comes to capatalism and a companies right to make money off their ingenuity but god forbid that same company steps over the imaginary lines in their heads

Quoted:
If arfcom bandwagon boycotts actually worked, there wouldn't be a single gun/gun accessory manufacturer/dealer left in business.

Must be nice having no principles and morals
Link Posted: 8/27/2013 7:18:09 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Youve been ghost - where ya been Charles?

Link Posted: 8/27/2013 7:18:41 AM EDT
[#19]
No lock yet???

This is a train wreck
Link Posted: 8/27/2013 7:21:12 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

This.

Sigline's full, gentlemen.

TRG
Link Posted: 8/27/2013 7:22:22 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

View Quote

.newletter, you even have one ?
Link Posted: 8/27/2013 7:22:40 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

Well said TRG. Now, what is Arfcom going to do about Troy? Stand with it's members against the hiring and support of this piece of shit Monroe, and do the right thing and end it's relationship with Troy as a site sponsor? Or will Arfcom continue to support Troy Industries as a site sponsor?
View Quote

Realistically, AR15.com probably has a contract with Troy for a specified time period. So Troy would remain a sponsor until such time as that contract came up for renewal and one party decided not to continue the relationship.
Link Posted: 8/27/2013 7:25:36 AM EDT
[#23]
Have BCM, LaRue, or Noveske said anything publicly on the subject yet?
Link Posted: 8/27/2013 7:28:04 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

The helo pilot vehemently denied that it ever happened. The lie appeared to have been entirely manufactured by the .Gov and fed to media outlets.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Geraldo Rivera: "HEY EVERYONE! LOOK At ME! THE WEAVERS SHOT AT ME!!!!"

The helo pilot vehemently denied that it ever happened. The lie appeared to have been entirely manufactured by the .Gov and fed to media outlets.

Say it isn't so.    Government agencies may lie?  

I am plenty old enough to have heard of Ruby Ridge but do not recall all that I am reading here....assuming that I ever heard/read it.

Again I see the point made that all a government agent has to do to justify shooting someone is used any variation of these type comments:

1)  The dog lunged at me.
2)  He made a furtive movement
3)  He threatened me
4)  He pointed a gun in the air (thus was aiming at a helicopter).

What a sad episode and damning indictment of the abuse of power.

Why a company would want to be associated with anyone involved in this event is beyond me.
Link Posted: 8/27/2013 7:29:12 AM EDT
[#25]
I was holding out judgement until I heard something officially from Troy.  Now that they have commented, I made my decision.  No more Troy products for me.  I can't support a company who doesn't support my 2A rights.  Actions speak louder than words and by keeping Monroe on staff speaks very loudly.

I bought some stuff from Troy during last black Friday's sale and had stuff picked out for this year's.  Guess I'm looking at MI now.
Link Posted: 8/27/2013 7:29:43 AM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:
Realistically, AR15.com probably has a contract with Troy for a specified time period. So Troy would remain a sponsor until such time as that contract came up for renewal and one party decided not to continue the relationship.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

CEO of Troy has spoken, would be interesting to know if site owners agree or disagree with CEO's stance and when the contract does expire which party decides to discontinue the relationship.  As of now the site seems to have become a liability to Troy.  So it is a very touchy situation for both parties I imagine.

Link Posted: 8/27/2013 7:29:50 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
View Quote

I won't hold them responsible for what is already in inventory.  I hope the integrity that the owners of all those companies have displayed prevents them from future purchases.
Link Posted: 8/27/2013 7:30:00 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
View Quote

I'd like to know also.  It'll let me know who to spend my money with.
Link Posted: 8/27/2013 7:31:17 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Why a company would want to be associated with anyone involved in this event is beyond me.
View Quote

Birds of a feather...
Link Posted: 8/27/2013 7:31:43 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I completely support this plan, and being vindictive in general.

The only downside is now I have to dig in the trashcan and scrap bin.

I also think pricing should reflect the "value" the troy name now holds
Link Posted: 8/27/2013 7:32:04 AM EDT
[#31]
Im sending off emails to the companies I deal with that carry Troy products.

I want to make sure everyone is informed.
Link Posted: 8/27/2013 7:32:52 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

Birds of a feather...
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Birds of a feather...

Not so much.  But definitely this:
Link Posted: 8/27/2013 7:33:46 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
View Quote

That is what I am waiting for now............
Link Posted: 8/27/2013 7:34:10 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
Apparently, by his OWN WORDS, he didn't shoot anyone at Ruby Ridge because he wasn't fast enough on the damned trigger.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Apparently, by his OWN WORDS, he didn't shoot anyone at Ruby Ridge because he wasn't fast enough on the damned trigger.

I thought this whole mess was about one employee who opposes the 2nd Amendment, not another.  I followed the Ruby Ridge atrocity from the time it happened, to present.  I have read Danny Coulsen's book (the guy that takes credit for starting up the HRT), and how he says the 2nd page of a fax from FBI HQ was lost and not read on their Lear Jet command bird en route to the area after the FBI was stood up to respond to the death of the US Marshall.

Any LEO who would be given the ROE they were given should have major problems with being told to shoot adults simply because they were armed.  Christopher Whitcomb, one of the newer snipers on the HRT, remembers when they received the unconstitutional ROE, feeling that something was wrong, but he looked around to the response from the other seasoned members of the HRT, and nobody said a word.  All they knew was that a US Marshall had been killed, and they were going to exact some vengeance.

I didn't know that Dale Monroe was also employed by Troy.  Here is his statement to the Congressional investigators:

Dale R. Monroe, the partner of FBI hostage rescue team leader Lon Horiuchi--who fired the fatal shot--said that he was preparing to fire but did not because Horiuchi fired first.

Horiuchi invoked his 5th Amendment protection against self-incrimination Tuesday after the Senate Judiciary subcommittee on terrorism refused to give him limited immunity from prosecution.

"We don't have Mr. Horiuchi here," subcommittee Chairman Arlen Specter (R-Pa.) pointed out Thursday to underscore the importance of the snipers' testimony. "You are as close as we have."

I have been a Troy customer for quite some time now.  My wife and my best friend's AR15's have Troy handguards on them because of me, in addition to who knows how many customers and enthusiasts I have recommended Troy products to.  I thought this whole mess was some knee-jerk response to maybe an unintentional bad decision in hiring with one statist LEO who thinks us mere peasants shouldn't be allowed to own Troy products, but now I learn that not only is another one employed there as well, but Ron Horiuchi's freaking Sniper buddy who couldn't get a shot off fast enough when Ron blasted Vicki Weaver's head apart while she was holding her baby?

Please tell me I just woke up into the Twilight Zone, and the bad dream will end soon.  Is this for real?
Link Posted: 8/27/2013 7:34:10 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
There are hundreds or thousands of people who are qualified to advise on critical incident management. You just happened to pick the one with the worst reputation for your industry. Since you choose to retain him, your customers will decide if that was the right choice.
View Quote

^

Link Posted: 8/27/2013 7:34:25 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
View Quote

I hope BCM and LaRue make the right choice, as I'm a big fan of both companies right now
Link Posted: 8/27/2013 7:34:45 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

There is written and video record of him saying he felt the ROE and second shot were both constitutional. He does not say he wanted to murder people. He was a willing party and defender of the man who promulgated the illegal ROE. That he didn't take a shot because he didn't have a clear view does not make him exculpable. All that means is that he followed one of the 4 rules of gun safety.

He did not pull the trigger, but he most assuredly supported the act and testified before the Senate to that. He was found, repeatedly, to be cheerleading the team on the wrong side of the law of the land. And Troy hired him to train primarily Law Enforcement and military. Despite Troy's vague assertion that Monroe is trying to teach how to keep that from happening again, neither Troy nor Monroe appear to have any published material supporting them.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Is their video or officiàl written testimony where Monroe admits to wanting to murder these people?  I didn't read every page so if there is can  someone link it.

There is written and video record of him saying he felt the ROE and second shot were both constitutional. He does not say he wanted to murder people. He was a willing party and defender of the man who promulgated the illegal ROE. That he didn't take a shot because he didn't have a clear view does not make him exculpable. All that means is that he followed one of the 4 rules of gun safety.

He did not pull the trigger, but he most assuredly supported the act and testified before the Senate to that. He was found, repeatedly, to be cheerleading the team on the wrong side of the law of the land. And Troy hired him to train primarily Law Enforcement and military. Despite Troy's vague assertion that Monroe is trying to teach how to keep that from happening again, neither Troy nor Monroe appear to have any published material supporting them.

This. If they actually would SHOW what he's teaching, and perhaps if that material showed him saying somehong to the effect of "What we did was wrong and never should have happened. Here's how to manage a crisis to ensure it never happens again" I'd probably change my mind about this, or I'd at least think about it.

Link Posted: 8/27/2013 7:37:06 AM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

"Historical views of one of their instructors.."???!!!

WTF man?

Have you no ability to comprehend what you read?

Monroe was there and testified before congress that the only reason he didn't kill Vicki Weaver, an unarmed American holding her 10 month old infant, was that Horiuchi touched her off before he could. And Troy Industries defends that sack of shit.

Think about that.

For all the talk in here, this crap still continues as being acceptable. The guy never said he would shoot an unarmed woman and in fact said he would not take a shot, under any circumstance, if it endangered the children.

It's one thing to be upset and against this, but it is another to spout of inaccurate information to make your point.

TRG

So are we to add ARFCOM to our boycott list now?

Link Posted: 8/27/2013 7:37:07 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

This. If they actually would SHOW what he's teaching, and perhaps if that material showed him saying somehong to the effect of "What we did was wrong and never should have happened. Here's how to manage a crisis to ensure it never happens again" I'd probably change my mind about this, or I'd at least think about it.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Is their video or officiàl written testimony where Monroe admits to wanting to murder these people?  I didn't read every page so if there is can  someone link it.

I'm a bit more of a hardass.  Only a public apology to Mr. Weaver will negate the horrible reputation dale monroe has.
Link Posted: 8/27/2013 7:38:20 AM EDT
[#40]
Steve Troy, thank you for taking the time to post this in GD, your own forum and on FB.  It is appreciated, but my opinion still stands and is strengthened by your words.  No more Troy products for me, nor will

I don't agree with the Weavers politics.  Now that I have that out of the way:

Jacked Boot Thugs (JBTs) don't give orders, they follow evil orders.  They are the enforcers of the evil orders, without JBTs evil men do not have anyone to carry out their plans.  Evil men often don't want to get their hands dirty and JBTs are more than willing to get their hands dirty.  Dale Monroe, and his partners that day marched up that mountain to shoot any armed adult male.  Not demand they turn themselves in, not negotiate with them, but to hide in the bushes and open fire without warning or provocation.  Dale Monroe essentially testified to this fact when talking about his ROE, and the events that transpired.  Just following orders doesn't cut it, other MEN thought the ROE's were and I quote "crazy" and chose not to follow them.  Not Dale Monroe and his partners, they followed them and a mother holding her baby was killed.  He testified that the shots were legitimate, which they were clearly not to anyone with a soul, and that he would have taken the shot.  If these JBTs would have followed the same path as the others that thought the ROE's were, once again, "crazy" that lady would still be alive today.  The ladies husband wouldn't wake up every morning in an empty bed shaking off the nightmare of what happened to his family at the hands of these JBTs.  They all made a decision that fateful day, we know the consequences of their decision to willingly follow what multiple courts termed unconstitutional orders.  JBT's afterwards taunted that family over Mrs. Weavers death.

Now today, we have a respected (formerly) firearms company that has done a lot to support all our rights suddenly defend this "man."  It's a shame you have fallen for his sob story, he must be convincing to have tricked you.  In good conscious I cannot support your company when any possible portion of that will reward Dale Monroe via salary.  I realize you and your staff claimed the "different company" but it's all related.

No one from that operation should be employed by any firearms company.  It's an insult to all firearms owners.  Truly a slap in the face and entirely unacceptable, honestly it's depressing to think that JBTs are infiltrating some of our biggest partners in the protection of our rights.  They don't care about our rights, they'll march up a mountain to not only take them but peoples lives.  Then turn around and say it was a good shoot.

I truly hope you see the light, and stop falling for whatever tale Dale Monroe is spinning.  Until then I hope this weighs on your soul and you feel even a tenth of the pain the Weavers feel.  That would be more than most people could bare.
Link Posted: 8/27/2013 7:39:24 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

http://stream1.gifsoup.com/view4/1306714/obama-got-money-o.gif
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Birds of a feather...

I'm not so sure.

From the OP: "Of the FBI Agents assigned to the Ruby Ridge tragedy"

I don't consider wanton violation of Constitutional rights to be a "tragedy"

It is in the same vein as those who refer to 9/11 as a 'disaster' rather than an attack.

It's PC doublespeak.

Hiring the actors involved is tacit approval of their actions.

(but yes, I absolutely agree that money > morals is most evident)
Link Posted: 8/27/2013 7:42:33 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
I'm a bit more of a hardass.  Only a public apology to Mr. Weaver will negate the horrible reputation dale monroe has.
View Quote

I like this.

Link Posted: 8/27/2013 7:42:49 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

I'm not so sure.

It is in the same vein as those who refer to 9/11 as a 'disaster' rather than an attack.

It's PC doublespeak.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Birds of a feather...

I'm not so sure.

It's PC doublespeak.

Point taken.

I still love this gem:
" I terminated an instructor who did not support the Second Amendment as ardently as I and members of the community do."
Yet they are separate entities enough that he can't fire monroe?
Link Posted: 8/27/2013 7:42:50 AM EDT
[#44]
I'm replacing all my Troy handgaurds with Tapco.
Link Posted: 8/27/2013 7:43:43 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Well, I'm not going to hold my breath. It wouldn't happen anyways. The "training materials" Dale uses are hush-hush top secret no foreign nationals eyes only LEO only anyway, so...
Link Posted: 8/27/2013 7:44:26 AM EDT
[#46]
Posted this to all my facebook groups:

Over the last few days, Troy Industries has really stepped on it's dick. First by hiring Jody Weis as an instructor. Secondly by hiring Dale Monroe.

You may not know these two people.

Jody, who has been fired from Troy, is the anti gun former Chicago Police Superintendent. Not a good person.

Dale was a member of the FBI's HRT team tasked with Ruby Ridge. And specifically, he was Lon Horiuchi's partner when Lon shot and killed Vicky Weaver. A Mother and Wife who was standing in a door holding her infant child.

He is quoted as stating in front of Congress during a hearing that the only reason he did not take the shot himself is because Lon had alread done so.

He is absolutely unapologetic over the killing of Vicki Weaver. He was never held accountable and has gone on to remain in law enforcement for the last 20+ years since.

Ruby Ridge was a tradgedy and a massacre perpetrated by the federal government.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ruby_Ridge

Fast Forward to this past week, When Troy Industries was called out on their new hires, instead of thinking about what was going on, they defended Dale's actions, and Steve Troy stated, "I weighed carefully the decision whether or not to retain Dale and could find no ethical or moral reason to remove him."

That is beyond the pale.

There is currently a 20 or so page thread about this over on AR15.com, that STEVE started. He has not returned since posting his inflammatory post. And he has pretty much assured his company will be boycotted, Zumbo'd, Arock'd for all time.

http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_1_5/1525190_Troy_Industries_Statement.html

Feel free to drop over there and read up on how poorly Troy is handling this very sensitive situation.

I for one, will always choose another brand over Troy for now on. I can only hope that after reading all this and the links, that you do the same.

For the members under 30 or so, if you have not heard of Ruby Ridge; It is a scary tale of how the Federal Government can come, kill your family, terrorize the living, and never be reprimanded all under the guise of legitimate law enforcement.

The law broken was an ALLEGED shotgun was 1/4 of an INCH under the legal limit. Not making it more deadly or anything crazy, but it was a tax matter. It should have been taxed as a short barrel shotgun, requiring a $200 tax stamp from the ATF.

Vicki Weaver and Samuel Weaver were killed because the government said their husband and father owed $200 dollars worth of back taxes, and that was enough for the government to send out troops in camo uniforms with M16 and nightvision.

"And although Randy many times screamed out to the officers that they had killed his wife, the officers pretended they did not know she was dead, and they mercilessly taunted the family. "Did you sleep well last night, Vicki?" and "Show us the baby, Vicki? We had pancakes," and on it went."

It is sick that any supposed 2AM company would so easily hire someone involved in this massacre then flaunt it to its customers.

Please choose Magpul, Midwest Industries, Larue, or any other before Troy.
Link Posted: 8/27/2013 7:44:47 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I would expect any company associated with this outfit would be quietly reviewing their contractual obligations and reviewing alternative suppliers.

That is SOP for any business who finds themselves linked with one who endangers market reputation.

Link Posted: 8/27/2013 7:46:38 AM EDT
[#48]
[b]Quoted:[/
So are we to add ARFCOM to our boycott list now?

View Quote

Do you think Troy is going to send you some free shit or something? You and some other posters keep giving me that vibe. Just hope they PM you for your address before someone backtracks and reports your admission to being a troll post. That got D_A ousted and he was at the least able to argue a point with some intelligence.
Link Posted: 8/27/2013 7:47:37 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

I hope BCM and LaRue make the right choice, as I'm a big fan of both companies right now
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Same here. I inquired over in the Industry forum. Im curious.
Link Posted: 8/27/2013 7:50:29 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Some of those folks are going to be in a really tight spot, especially those with private label contracts.  I've been party to them in my industry and if Troy's lawyers did their job it will be hard to sell anything else.  And that's just the potential contracting angle.  There are several other issues I could see popping up.
Page / 41
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top