Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 4/28/2013 5:39:37 PM EDT
[#1]

Lieutenant Vivien Lee (second from left), a platoon commander from 48 SAR, introducing the features of the Leopard 2SG MBT to German soldiers.

Lieutenant Vivien Lee, a 48 SAR platoon commander, briefing her commander on her game plan for the live-firing exercise.
Link Posted: 4/28/2013 6:02:15 PM EDT
[#2]
Never had a Plt Ldr looking that good.. lucky bastards....

This thread gives me a hard on to get back in a Tank and hit the range for Gunnery.... good times....

Oh and take this UZI... Grease gun for the win........
Link Posted: 4/28/2013 7:01:22 PM EDT
[#3]
Having owned an IMI uzi, mini uzi, micro uzi, MP5, MP5k and the rest of the HK91 family. I can tell you that the uzi is what I would rather go to war with. Love my MP5, but the uzi has a better trigger, can be carried loaded with without the safety on thanks to its grip safety, and is stupid simple to operate and breakdown. The uzi is less complicated and more reliable IMHO then an AK, and probably easier to build.

I found the grip safety to be annoying so I pinned it. I also do not like the ratcheting mechanisim which I've also removed.
The real beauty is that barrels are cheap and with an open bolt without a magazine inserted there's no mistaking it for being loaded.
Great trigger however I've shot an MP5SD and on the first burst hit a clay pidgeon at 78 yards!.
I cannot even approach that with an UZI. Then again my UZI did not come with an MP5 Price tag!
Link Posted: 4/28/2013 7:03:14 PM EDT
[#4]
Having owned an IMI uzi, mini uzi, micro uzi, MP5, MP5k and the rest of the HK91 family. I can tell you that the uzi is what I would rather go to war with. Love my MP5, but the uzi has a better trigger, can be carried loaded with without the safety on thanks to its grip safety, and is stupid simple to operate and breakdown. The uzi is less complicated and more reliable IMHO then an AK, and probably easier to build.

I found the grip safety to be annoying so I pinned it. I also do not like the ratcheting mechanisim which I've also removed.
The real beauty is that barrels are cheap and with an open bolt without a magazine inserted there's no mistaking it for being loaded.
Great trigger however I've shot an MP5SD and on the first burst hit a clay pidgeon at 78 yards!.
I cannot even approach that with an UZI. Then again my UZI did not come with an MP5 Price tag!
Link Posted: 4/28/2013 7:15:28 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Pinning of the grip safety can cause you to accidentally double post. Use the safety!

OT: yea the grip safety was pretty annoying to me at first, but I think it can be used advantageously as described above if you go at it from that angle.
Link Posted: 4/29/2013 4:53:03 AM EDT
[#6]

I like the Singaporean Defence Policy.

"We're going to lose, but we're going to make it painful for the other guy."
Link Posted: 4/29/2013 6:44:41 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Its also still in use with the Irish police. Although the high speed low drag types have switched over to the MP7.

I believe that with the change to the MP7 a number of officers and detectives in the Garda who had Uzis now don't have anything. Read an article that some of them aren't happy with nothing and want their Uzis back.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top