Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 4
Link Posted: 5/11/2023 5:15:21 PM EDT
[#1]
that should be good enough for Biden to kick in another $1.5 billion easy...

half our money to Ukraine the other half to Mexico

Link Posted: 5/11/2023 5:16:10 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Thats basically what they did the last time.  I would be shocked if they suddenly started talking openly about the actual plan.
View Quote

Also, as he alluded to, I'd be surprised if Bakhmut is where their main effort would even be.
Link Posted: 5/11/2023 5:18:01 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

Also, as he alluded to, I'd be surprised if Bakhmut is where their main effort would even be.
View Quote
or would it....because it's unexpected!
Link Posted: 5/11/2023 6:00:38 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

View Quote
Quite the source youve got there..lol
Link Posted: 5/11/2023 6:04:45 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Who knows what to believe. Many Pro Ukes here said it already started. Like a week or so ago. Now Z says it hasn't started yet.
View Quote
Seriously doubt it has. Theres been some interesting success with some local counter attacks recently but nothing really signifying 'here we go.'
Link Posted: 5/11/2023 6:05:31 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Even with full recourse's they wont be able to. Ukraine will NEVER take back the land it lost. They couldn't take back Luhansk and Donetsk when it was mainly a Civil War. Now that Russia has had over a year to fully dig in? Its Russian soil at this point.

Russia cannot take more then it owns now and Ukraine cannot take it back.  Both sides know it but refuse to admit it.
View Quote
...they literally took big chunks last year that russia took with their initial pushes at the start of 22.
Link Posted: 5/11/2023 6:08:00 PM EDT
[#7]
Ukranian Counteroffensive s happening across much of the frontline as we speak. Russian front is collapsing
Link Posted: 5/11/2023 6:08:54 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

This. Russia's not going to take anymore of Ukraine and Ukraine is not going to push Russia out, both sides have to know this. People are suffering and dying for nothing now. If we had someone worth a crap in the White House this would be over in a week.
View Quote
So you want to 'make peace' with a state that violated their own previous peace agreement and wants to genocide people... bold plan..
Link Posted: 5/11/2023 6:13:57 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
I don't follow the reports deeply but I haven't heard much about Russian airstrikes destroying large amounts of equipment. Actually, I haven't heard about Russian air strikes in any capacity. Is that claim remotely believable?
View Quote

I haven't heard much about Ukraine losses at all.
Link Posted: 5/11/2023 6:14:40 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

"Prigozhin"  Wait, you're referencing the Russian guy who's behind taking Bakhmut as your info source but I'm the one pushing "Russian propaganda"
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Oh boy.   That you keep posting this stuff even while Prigozhin repeatedly says "Uh, things are kinda shit, prepare for some bad news" is just... *chef's kiss*

Its like you're playing a deep double propaganda game specifically designed to illustrate how silly the Russian propaganda is by repeating the slightly out of date stuff right when it passes its sell-by date.   Just to highlight the off smell of it.

"Prigozhin"  Wait, you're referencing the Russian guy who's behind taking Bakhmut as your info source but I'm the one pushing "Russian propaganda"

You seem to be heavily invested in this war by the few threads that I've seen. Are you from Russia?
Link Posted: 5/11/2023 6:22:01 PM EDT
[#11]
While you say the counter offensive is delayed it’s been 441 days since Russia has declared victory in Ukraine with no end of hostilities.

Everyday they are hitting more and more Russian supply dumps, depots, and troop concentrations to shape the battlefield.

Link Posted: 5/11/2023 6:23:47 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Ukranian Counteroffensive s happening across much of the frontline as we speak. Russian front is collapsing
View Quote

Facts to go with this?
Link Posted: 5/11/2023 6:24:27 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Steiner's HIMARS will bring it under control
View Quote

The himars stopped Russian advances from late summer last year and made it very costly.

Why isn’t Russia gaining ground like summer of 2022?
Link Posted: 5/11/2023 6:25:30 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
So it looks like those leaked documents were correct in their assessment the Ukrainians aren't as competent and capable as the propaganda shows.
View Quote

Or how the Ukrainian government hyped up Kherson to draw more Russians in then struck in Kharkiv and liberated more land in 10 days than Russia took in months?
Link Posted: 5/11/2023 6:28:35 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

View Quote

Yup, cuz they don't paint a pretty picture.
Link Posted: 5/11/2023 6:31:35 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

Yup, cuz they don't paint a pretty picture.
View Quote

Ukraine is taking a beating. We know that. But the difference is they aren’t breaking and are pushing back solo against a nuclear power in a Conventional fight.

Russia was supposed to have taken all of Ukraine in a few days. They didn’t do that
Link Posted: 5/11/2023 6:39:47 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
View Quote

Eh, not sure of collapsing because it sounds like this is just probing and shaping.

It is interesting that several places (including the Bakhmut flanks) seem to be butter soft and even the slightest pushing by Ukraine forced them to fall back and other forces shifted to backstop.
Link Posted: 5/11/2023 6:46:16 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

Zelensky saying that may well be an act of deception
View Quote

That's not fair!
Link Posted: 5/11/2023 6:49:09 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

Eh, not sure of collapsing because it sounds like this is just probing and shaping.

It is interesting that several places (including the Bakhmut flanks) seem to be butter soft and even the slightest pushing by Ukraine forced them to fall back and other forces shifted to backstop.
View Quote

Anything short of Russia making gains is collapsing for the Putinbros agenda
Link Posted: 5/11/2023 6:55:54 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

View Quote

This. If the UA can maintain operational security, I think there’s a good chance that they could surround and destroy the forces pushing into Bakhmut. Bigger question is if they would attack there or further south and possibly cut the Russian lines in half and cut the north off from Crimea in the south.
Link Posted: 5/11/2023 6:57:18 PM EDT
[#21]
could be true

could be disinformation

psyops is a thing
Link Posted: 5/11/2023 6:59:52 PM EDT
[#22]

Well, there's a ridiculous comment if ever there was one. Or, was that sarcasm and I missed it? So hard to tell these days.
Link Posted: 5/11/2023 7:04:46 PM EDT
[#23]
There is no fucking counter-offensive.
Link Posted: 5/11/2023 7:07:34 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
10% for the big guy.
View Quote

70% for all the guys before it makes it to the front.
Link Posted: 5/11/2023 7:11:42 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
We most likely won’t see Ukraine take back much ground that the Russians took.  Longer it takes them to attempt the harder it will be for Ukraine to make any meaningful gains.  The west slow rolled the aid and didn’t give them what they needed when they needed it.
View Quote

Link Posted: 5/11/2023 7:12:44 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
View Quote

That’s what folks said in September and October of 2022, yet look at what happened
Link Posted: 5/11/2023 7:34:42 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

70% for all the guys before it makes it to the front.
View Quote

It’s the only way to spread “democracy.”
Link Posted: 5/11/2023 9:36:44 PM EDT
[#28]
Russia claimed it was never about to invade Ukraine until it was. Russian propagandists declared it wouldn’t.

Then it did.
Link Posted: 5/11/2023 10:36:18 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
or would it....because it's unexpected!
View Quote

General Melchett: “Field Marshal Haig has formulated a brilliant new tactical plan to ensure final victory in the field.”
Blackadder: “Ah. Would this brilliant plan involve us climbing out of our trenches and walking very slowly towards the enemy?”
Captain Darling: “How could you possibly know that, Blackadder?! It’s classified information!”
Link Posted: 5/11/2023 10:43:10 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

Ukraine is taking a beating. We know that. But the difference is they aren’t breaking and are pushing back solo against a nuclear power in a Conventional fight.

Russia was supposed to have taken all of Ukraine in a few days. They didn’t do that
View Quote

I mean when you are on the defensive and your KIA numbers are in the same ballpark as the enemy and your WIA numbers aren't much better thats not doing great.
Link Posted: 5/11/2023 11:09:03 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

I mean when you are on the defensive and your KIA numbers are in the same ballpark as the enemy and your WIA numbers aren't much better thats not doing great.
View Quote

There are large gaps between Ukraine’s losses and russias. Very large.

For one, Russia is using men in human wave attacks. See bakhmut and vuhkedar.

It’s not working.

Link Posted: 5/11/2023 11:23:07 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
View Quote

Yep! It’s like the d-day invasion. The Allies were all over Normandy before the Germans realized that there was no fucking invasion of Calais.
Link Posted: 5/12/2023 8:28:52 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Lol

Some "bio labs" douche on Twitter is a reliable source now?

Quoting Douglas Macgregor no less

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/211087/Webopname_11-5-2023_225450_www_youtube_c-2813428.jpg

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/211087/Webopname_11-5-2023_225513_www_youtube_c-2813429.jpg

But Blinken and Biden are credible?  
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 5/12/2023 8:49:50 AM EDT
[#34]
First two weeks of good forecasted weather they're going to launch their offensive south into Melitopol. The practiced river crossing along the Dnipro in the south in Kherson is a faint.

Offensive though will have limited penetration and limited results due to lack of air superiority, which the Ukrainians will rightfully point out in their subsequent requests for western air power.  

If the offensive results in total disaster it will be down to Ukrainian commanders have very limited operational level experience, but Ukraine can massively fail and still maintain the current status quo against Russia since none of the assets involved have been necessary to hold back the Russians to this point.  

In my opinion, not enough has been done to shape the battle field prior to this offensive and the lack of air superiority is a primary factor in that failure.   War never changes, this is basic strategy, just as the U.S. shaped the battle field for over a month straight through its air campaign in the Persian Gulf in 1991 that same requirement is present today.  Sadly, even if completely successful, some Western hardware is going to be lost that didn't need to be at great expense/waste to the U.S. tax payer. The failure to provide air assets for this campaign (I would have done so through a PMC option) is completely idiotic, UNLESS the goal is to stretch this conflict longer and I think that is the actual goal here.  The West wants to bleed Russia for years if they can, this is that slow bleed shit strategy that Rand Corporation published about many years ago put into action.

Link Posted: 5/12/2023 10:30:56 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

Ukraine is taking a beating. We know that. But the difference is they aren't breaking and are pushing back solo against a nuclear power in a Conventional fight.

Russia was supposed to have taken all of Ukraine in a few days. They didn't do that
View Quote
It's two shitty armies fighting a WW1 style war.

I guess that's just European tradition at this point?

The Ukrainians are still the underdogs, and we culturally like to root for the little guy. But the discussions in GD are highly biased one way or the other. There are precious few that present just facts without a heavy bias.

Yes Russia is massively under performing expectations. But the reality is they still hold big chunks of Ukraine.  I hope Z pulls another rope a dope on Russia and kicks their drunk asses out, but that's a long road yet full of dangers for the whole world.
Link Posted: 5/12/2023 10:33:05 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

There are large gaps between Ukraine's losses and russias. Very large.

It's not working.

View Quote
It works eventually, if you use enough meat.
Link Posted: 5/12/2023 10:34:17 AM EDT
[#37]
I wonder if any of the Ukraine fellating NPCs will ever admit they supported a deep state money laundering operation after the nukes fly?
Link Posted: 5/12/2023 10:37:22 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

Yes Russia is massively under performing expectations. But the reality is they still hold big chunks of Ukraine.  I hope Z pulls another rope a dope on Russia and kicks their drunk asses out, but that's a long road yet full of dangers for the whole world.
View Quote

I am interested in seeing how this plays out. No matter what the endgame in Ukraine is, good times are over. This was just the kick off to attempts to change the global power dynamic.

Link Posted: 5/12/2023 10:39:30 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

There are large gaps between Ukraine's losses and russias. Very large.

It's not working.

I don't know what Wagner is doing now, but early on they were using Russian convicts for the essentially probing attacks.  Wagner would let the convicts get slaughtered and then decide if they wanted to allocate additional resources into a certain area.  It has worked for them so far.   Wagner does have solid trained men at their disposal and they do use them from time to time, but they also have just the dregs of Russian society they toss at Ukraine.  

The problem is that every time Ukraine loses a man that's a good quality soldier and ultimately despite mass mobilization Ukraine only has to many combat effective troops.  Although, the Russians swear up and down that there are  lot of Polish and Baltic fighters fighting for Ukraine so maybe Ukraine roster of troops is deeper than most people think.  

Link Posted: 5/12/2023 10:40:17 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

View Quote

Nor will you.
Link Posted: 5/12/2023 10:46:57 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
We most likely won’t see Ukraine take back much ground that the Russians took.  Longer it takes them to attempt the harder it will be for Ukraine to make any meaningful gains.  The west slow rolled the aid and didn’t give them what they needed when they needed it.
View Quote

When you state the “West” I hope you mean Western Europe. We have given too much.
Link Posted: 5/12/2023 10:57:47 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

View Quote

They are not pushing back solo... stop drinking the Ukrbro flavor aid.
Link Posted: 5/12/2023 11:02:41 AM EDT
[#43]
Yeah but do they actually have war heads on them or are they just for show?
Link Posted: 5/13/2023 12:27:18 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

They are not pushing back solo... stop drinking the Ukrbro flavor aid.
View Quote

What nato armies are in Ukraine pushing back with them?
Link Posted: 5/13/2023 7:55:00 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
I wonder if any of the Ukraine fellating NPCs will ever admit they supported a deep state money laundering operation after the nukes fly?
View Quote

Nobody is supporting Russia, dude
Link Posted: 5/13/2023 8:20:46 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
It is time to negotiate a peace agreement.

How far should each side go on the battlefield?
What should they demand at the negotiating table?
How will the agreement be enforced?

Until there are viable answers to those questions war termination is unlikely.
Link Posted: 5/13/2023 9:25:49 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

View Quote

A distraction only works if it keeps distracting, even if only distracting the weak minds.

And one wonders whether all the "destroyed equipment" was really destroyed or sold in the black market to launder more money.

Link Posted: 5/13/2023 9:29:13 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
10% of $1.2B is a lot of money.

View Quote

At this point it's more likely 95% of $1.2B.

Too many on that gravy train.

Link Posted: 5/13/2023 9:47:04 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

At this point it's more likely 95% of $1.2B.

Too many on that gravy train.

View Quote

I suspect some of the most militant supporters here have a vested interest in the "aid" business.
Link Posted: 5/13/2023 11:15:46 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

I suspect some of the most militant supporters here have a vested interest in the "aid" business.
View Quote

Only interest I have is that a tyrant be defeated and friends and fellow arfcommers be safe.
Page / 4
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top