Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Well said, unfortunately.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

No calls for order, no warning, just arrest you if not gone in 30 seconds.
If you mentioned me in this thread with the thought I would defend that police action, I’m gonna disappoint you because I don’t.
I don’t anything about the VSP, but based on this video it appears at least some of them are direct lackeys of the state.
Many years ago I met up with a friend at a gun-buy back thinking we might get a deal before the ignorant fucks proudly went inside to turn their guns over to the City. I saw officers I knew working the event as a side gig, and their job was to make sure the guns were emptied and to secure them. I had some words with them, and thought it best to leave before one of my own colleagues made a complaint against me.
I do not forsee police departments en masse going door-to-door one day and confiscating Firearms;  I’m going to be honest though, every department of any size will have a certain amount of asskissers who will gladly work in a unit that offers decent working hours whose task is to enforce whatever draconian gun laws their Democratic masters write into law.
Every police officer on this site, full time part time retired-knows cops on their departments who would enforce the aforementioned if there’s 20-30 or more on their department.
I’m getting less optimistic about the future of American LE by the day.
Well said, unfortunately.
Yep.  It seems to be a sad reality.

TN Stands With VA!
Link Posted: 2/9/2020 11:53:01 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
This is not VSP. This is the capital police. Big difference.
View Quote
VSP and CP both
Link Posted: 2/9/2020 11:55:25 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
View Quote
2 guys on left Capitol rest state
Link Posted: 2/9/2020 11:56:31 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
You didn't actually believe all that stuff about people quitting did you?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Funny, the cops we encountered during lobby day were positively conciliatory. I wonder what changed?
Just following orders...
I learned from your posts.

Link Posted: 2/9/2020 11:56:35 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Nothing will happen.

Who have you met that is willing to die, or at the least give up everything they know as freedom?

Incremental decrease is palatable, cold turkey is not

If it was going to happen, it would have happened.
View Quote
Do you Nancy's never tire of trying to take the heart out of people? Just get lost and take that bullshit with you.
Link Posted: 2/9/2020 12:03:10 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
View Quote
Not really.  A JBT is a JBT
Link Posted: 2/9/2020 12:23:38 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
View Quote
Capital Police were the ones giving commands, but the "riot line" appeared to be an equal mixture of both
Link Posted: 2/9/2020 12:24:38 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Well, good morning little ray of sunshine.  

I met and spoke with a bunch of people at the dinner and the rally the following day.  Most people at the dinner said their online handle and then their name.  I don’t recall meeting you, my apologies if you were there...  I really don’t think you were though because the grim determination and unity was palpable and evident.  Many discussions about “options” and optics/results thereof were held.  I believe our conduct and restraint was clearly evident on rally day and came through in a positive light. I think it was a necessary step, one of many as this onslaught progresses. Do you consider it a failure?

I almost wanted to puke as I got dressed at zero-dark-thirty on rally day.  The sensible voice in my head was saying, “just stay in your room, you feel sick and no one will know you didn’t attend.”  I would have known and never forgiven myself.  As I got off of the elevator down in the parking garage there were a couple of small groups of people fully kitted out.  “Arfcom?”  I asked.  “Arfcom” they answered.  The sick feeling in my stomach backed a little ways from puke alert and I went to my car and got my stuff.  I was still nervous but I knew I was about to face the unknown with like-minded individuals. More & more men and women arrived and our numbers grew. 15-20 minutes later someone said, “Alright, let’s go, let’s do this,” and we walked up the ramp to meet our unknown fate for that day and I don’t write those words lightly or with any exaggeration. Things were more than a little tense.  As we exited into the predawn darkness we were greeted with a wonderful thing.  There were others.  Many others.  A shitload of others with the same grim determination streaming towards the capital grounds and at every intersection our numbers grew exponentially.  The reinforcements to the Constitution were arriving and as we rounded the final corner we beheld a glorious sight.  Thousands and thousands of patriots there to be counted.  Not to hang anyone.  Not to tar & feather anyone.  Not even to beat somebody’s ass.  To be counted and, by our numbers, to send a clear warning.  A rattle, if you will.  It was a necessary step, for many reasons.  The tyranny of a legislative majority must be met with a measured response up to, and potentially the inevitable, ultimate response.  We are not to the point of permanently eliminating the usurpers.  Yet.  They have many choices/decisions to make.  So will we.  So be it.
Sorry for the long-winded post to say that there is no doubt in my military mind that there are more than enough willing and capable individuals to do whatever could become necessary.  Patience will be the hard part and is absolutely required.  Thank you to all of the patriots who attended this meeting and others.  And to those posters who feel that those actually in the fray are doing something wrong/incorrectly, feel free to add your constructive criticism(s) but always remember that it should further our cause, not derail or hinder it.

TN Stands With VA!
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Nothing will happen.

Who have you met that is willing to die, or at the least give up everything they know as freedom?

I met and spoke with a bunch of people at the dinner and the rally the following day.  Most people at the dinner said their online handle and then their name.  I don’t recall meeting you, my apologies if you were there...  I really don’t think you were though because the grim determination and unity was palpable and evident.  Many discussions about “options” and optics/results thereof were held.  I believe our conduct and restraint was clearly evident on rally day and came through in a positive light. I think it was a necessary step, one of many as this onslaught progresses. Do you consider it a failure?

I almost wanted to puke as I got dressed at zero-dark-thirty on rally day.  The sensible voice in my head was saying, “just stay in your room, you feel sick and no one will know you didn’t attend.”  I would have known and never forgiven myself.  As I got off of the elevator down in the parking garage there were a couple of small groups of people fully kitted out.  “Arfcom?”  I asked.  “Arfcom” they answered.  The sick feeling in my stomach backed a little ways from puke alert and I went to my car and got my stuff.  I was still nervous but I knew I was about to face the unknown with like-minded individuals. More & more men and women arrived and our numbers grew. 15-20 minutes later someone said, “Alright, let’s go, let’s do this,” and we walked up the ramp to meet our unknown fate for that day and I don’t write those words lightly or with any exaggeration. Things were more than a little tense.  As we exited into the predawn darkness we were greeted with a wonderful thing.  There were others.  Many others.  A shitload of others with the same grim determination streaming towards the capital grounds and at every intersection our numbers grew exponentially.  The reinforcements to the Constitution were arriving and as we rounded the final corner we beheld a glorious sight.  Thousands and thousands of patriots there to be counted.  Not to hang anyone.  Not to tar & feather anyone.  Not even to beat somebody’s ass.  To be counted and, by our numbers, to send a clear warning.  A rattle, if you will.  It was a necessary step, for many reasons.  The tyranny of a legislative majority must be met with a measured response up to, and potentially the inevitable, ultimate response.  We are not to the point of permanently eliminating the usurpers.  Yet.  They have many choices/decisions to make.  So will we.  So be it.
Sorry for the long-winded post to say that there is no doubt in my military mind that there are more than enough willing and capable individuals to do whatever could become necessary.  Patience will be the hard part and is absolutely required.  Thank you to all of the patriots who attended this meeting and others.  And to those posters who feel that those actually in the fray are doing something wrong/incorrectly, feel free to add your constructive criticism(s) but always remember that it should further our cause, not derail or hinder it.

TN Stands With VA!
Well said, brother.

My emotions and experience on Lobby Day mirrored yours.

Link Posted: 2/9/2020 12:25:45 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

TN Stands With VA!
View Quote
@Intune69

Thank you for telling that amazing story about what happened for you that morning--stepping one foot after another into the complete unknown.

You nailed it beautifully.

And that is a moment of life you will always own.
Link Posted: 2/9/2020 12:26:22 PM EDT
[#11]
And while county's may not enforce it. The storm troopers will.
Link Posted: 2/9/2020 12:40:13 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

I almost wanted to puke as I got dressed at zero-dark-thirty on rally day.  The sensible voice in my head was saying, “just stay in your room, you feel sick and no one will know you didn’t attend.”  I would have known and never forgiven myself.  As I got off of the elevator down in the parking garage there were a couple of small groups of people fully kitted out.  “Arfcom?”  I asked.  “Arfcom” they answered.  The sick feeling in my stomach backed a little ways from puke alert and I went to my car and got my stuff.  I was still nervous but I knew I was about to face the unknown with like-minded individuals.
View Quote
I was asked to stay home. For safety. My reply was whether I go or not, my fate will be the same, I can't change that outcome whether I go or not. Most people here don't realize that our fates, individually and collectively, were sealed long before 1/20.

And I felt as you did. It's that fucking ride into the zone and when the back of your APC drops and you don't know what's going to happen, smell of diesel hits you, dust gets in your face, the guy ahead of you goes and you feel the push of your buddy behind you. Or you press-check and stack on a door, not knowing what's on the other side.

I thought about staying in my seat. Twice. Next time we'll have a plan, and lawyers on standby, and people who will walk out and film the arrests. Without logistics like 1/20 the chance of bad things happening to resisters increases exponentially - I can see a resisting arrest, uttering threats, and disturbing the peace being added, even if just to pressure a plea deal.
Link Posted: 2/9/2020 12:42:08 PM EDT
[#13]
All about retirement
Link Posted: 2/9/2020 12:49:51 PM EDT
[#14]
Do they live in gated compounds with walls and guards? Years ago a guy I was in the Army with made a comment about having been a prison guard. Said it was pretty much OK but wouldn't do it again. When asked why he said he came on shift one evening, did the procedures, then saw an envelope addressed to him on the desk of his work station. Opened it and inside were several photos. One of his wife grocery shopping, one of his house from several angles, one of each of his cars and truck, one of his daughter and son leaving for school, and one of their school. He put them back in the envelope, finished his shift, then went to the warden, showed him the photos and resigned. Sometimes all it takes is a message.
Link Posted: 2/9/2020 12:58:46 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Do they live in gated compounds with walls and guards? Years ago a guy I was in the Army with made a comment about having been a prison guard. Said it was pretty much OK but wouldn't do it again. When asked why he said he came on shift one evening, did the procedures, then saw an envelope addressed to him on the desk of his work station. Opened it and inside were several photos. One of his wife grocery shopping, one of his house from several angles, one of each of his cars and truck, and one of his daughter and son leaving for school, and one of their school. He put them back in the envelope, finished his shift, then went to the warden, showed him the photos and resigned. Sometimes all it takes is a message.
View Quote
I love me some psyops.
Link Posted: 2/9/2020 1:02:58 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

I love me some psyops.
View Quote
Yup - no laws broken, no threats, no action taken.  Just a simple reminder that you live among the people you're threatening. Why do you think they all wear face masks on raids and such. Recognition and exposure is a frightening thing.
Link Posted: 2/9/2020 1:07:56 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
View Quote
Doesn’t matter what the fucking badge says.  They all swore and oath to uphold the constitution which recognizes our Rights come from God.  Not from pencil pushing fucking twits.  Therefore pencil pushing twits aren’t to mess with our Rights.  If they are complacent in Rights being violated and acting armed security for Tyranny, it’s all the same problem.  Tyranny is Tyranny.
Link Posted: 2/9/2020 1:10:29 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
View Quote
Doesn't matter. Neither are on your side.
Link Posted: 2/9/2020 1:12:41 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Do you want to check to see if he's already on the list?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

You've been here for what, 2 months?
I can read.

More importantly, I can comprehend what I read.

But thanks for your concern......
Previous screen name?
Do you want to check to see if he's already on the list?
Apparently he was on someones list...
Link Posted: 2/9/2020 1:17:17 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
View Quote
VSP is there along with Capitol police. Look at the patches on their shoulders.
Link Posted: 2/9/2020 1:33:17 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Nope

Pay checks, pensions and dental plans win pretty much every time.

Just look at Nazi Germany for reference.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Looks like the VSP isn’t so willing to side with liberty and the constitution as a lot of local sheriff’s.
This is very disappointing but unfortunately not surprising. You would think they would put their oath to uphold the constitution and fight for the people they are sworn to protect first.
Nope

Pay checks, pensions and dental plans win pretty much every time.

Just look at Nazi Germany for reference.
We understand very well that if things go hot we lose our homes, livelihood and way of life. I don't think the Gov understands that their way of life will be over also. Dental plans, pay checks, and pensions would be our the window in that situation. This is what keeps us peaceful until all our options run out.
Link Posted: 2/9/2020 1:39:07 PM EDT
[#22]
The people should let the VSP know they will no longer support them, no more free anything 10% off and tell them if they're ever in trouble call the governor as you drive by.If I lived there I would put up a billboard letting them know they are on their own from now on no support of any kind.
Link Posted: 2/9/2020 1:39:14 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yeah, no.

Not just no, but fuck no.
My thoughts exactly.

Calling Bama a Troll?

Lolz

Just here to stir shit up I guess.
Link Posted: 2/9/2020 1:53:17 PM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 2/9/2020 1:55:59 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Wow, so the two cops on here that say file complaints and seek legal redress are told we don't know what we don't know.  I am telling you:  use the tools the left uses on the police, all the time.  Have legal observers, like the National Lawyers Guild does, at all demonstrations and protests.  Have them wear day glo vests that say "LEGAL OBSERVER."  Also, instead of screaming about Nazis, find out if the committee has the authority to clear the gallery.  They might not.  If so, file complaints with whomever has authority over the legislators, like their Ethics Committee.  Pick sympathetic future plaintiffs, like retired school teachers or cops, who are willing to protest and get arrested the next time they try to clear a gallery.  Be passive resistors so it looks horrible when the physical arrests are made.  After arrests for 1st Amendment protected activity are made, sue for Federal Civil Rights violations.  Hit them in the pocketbook.  Believe me, seeing your name listed as DEFENDANT changes your perspective and behavior.
View Quote
Hold them strictly to their rules and procedures and you can just about paralyze a police organization. Their own lawyers will demand more and more documentation of everything they do, which will tie up officers that complain now about too much paperwork.
Link Posted: 2/9/2020 2:05:33 PM EDT
[#26]
Once a chain of command is formed, it is human nature to obey, even if the guys in lab coats are out of line. No surprise that VSP will do what they are told, even if in violation of human rights, natural rights, the US Constitution, and the Virginia Constitution. If the citizens don’t stop it by taking back their institutions tyranny will lot them until civilization crumbles.

It is literally the people’s choice.

See the Milgram Experiment
Link Posted: 2/9/2020 2:10:30 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

No calls for order, no warning, just arrest you if not gone in 30 seconds.
If you mentioned me in this thread with the thought I would defend that police action, I’m gonna disappoint you because I don’t.
I don’t anything about the VSP, but based on this video it appears at least some of them are direct lackeys of the state.
Many years ago I met up with a friend at a gun-buy back thinking we might get a deal before the ignorant fucks proudly went inside to turn their guns over to the City. I saw officers I knew working the event as a side gig, and their job was to make sure the guns were emptied and to secure them. I had some words with them, and thought it best to leave before one of my own colleagues made a complaint against me.
I do not forsee police departments en masse going door-to-door one day and confiscating Firearms;  I’m going to be honest though, every department of any size will have a certain amount of asskissers who will gladly work in a unit that offers decent working hours whose task is to enforce whatever draconian gun laws their Democratic masters write into law.
Every police officer on this site, full time part time retired-knows cops on their departments who would enforce the aforementioned if there’s 20-30 or more on their department.
I’m getting less optimistic about the future of American LE by the day.
View Quote
The left gave up rioting and decided to infiltrate our educational system after the sixties. They are now seeing the fruits of their efforts.
Link Posted: 2/9/2020 2:16:57 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Do you Nancy's never tire of trying to take the heart out of people? Just get lost and take that bullshit with you.
View Quote
There is a difference between Negative Nancy and Realistic Rhonda...

Is it the case this time?  We shall see.

There are a so many great questions about "thresholds" etc... and I keep trying to point out that you might not know when your threshold is even met via media suppression. All the logged cellular numbers from the event can be turned off in five minutes.  I know these systems beyond most.  So then you aren't in a position to warn your friends, therefore controlling the reaction size.

This is not being negative or taking the heart from anyone. Some of us are trying to help keep things out of too much of a "feel-good" thing to a more prepared mindset on aspects many seem to not be aware of.

If I have a call to arms threshold of 100 people getting abused by these unconstitutional laws, and the news reports 10 this month, then a few next month etc.  How will you know it isn't 100 a week?  You may only know a certain a fraction.

Not trying to take anyone's momentum, but I am seeing a lot of plans that can be worked around by even local governments very easily.

I want this to work without violence, but I would be really sad to see what happens when 100 primers go off without a powder charge, metaphorically speaking.  If all the people in the room had chosen to get arrested after the 30 seconds given, that is an empty case with just a primer.  It is going to hurt those people without helping anything.

I am ecstatically proud of the tolerance of the demonstrators of VA, it is the justification of having exhausted non-violent ways. This is a very important mindset.

I have been trying to figure out how to set up a good/fair way to financially assist those first Powderless Primers when this starts... I think many would donate for this.  For now I am helping only those I know directly involved.  Just like during the California freedom week, I donated a great number of magazines for people caught financially off guard.

I might start a thread for discussion of this.

MrBlackCat
Link Posted: 2/9/2020 2:45:10 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
I am guessing the Virginia State Police will get their asses handed to them when this goes hot.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
The VSP is firmly seated on Blackfaces wee wee.
I am guessing the Virginia State Police will get their asses handed to them when this goes hot.
That is true--and if it comes to that it will be a tragedy for this country.  And perhaps it will be a total failure on the part of honest, law-abiding gun owners.

A failure of intellect, a failure of creativity, and ultimately a failure of will.

How does the Virginia 2A community plan to resist what is coming without resorting to that--what actions can they take BEFORE it gets to that point--what things can they do that involve MORE than standing and shouting helplessly, or talking angrily into a telephone at an underpaid staffer, or dropping a letter off at the post office to be delivered, opened, and discarded by somebody who actually doesn't give a fuck?

This forethought and strategizing is NOT a skillset most people have--but it can be acquired with some careful thought and experience.

The fellow videotaping the police ejecting the crowd admitted that they had no plan--they went to protest the inevitable, but it had never even occurred to them that the police would clear the room, or even that the police already had a plan to control them.

Really?  Why had that never occurred to you?  That's why they are there.  That's what they do.

So that shows you how far behind the curve you guys are.

Have you not invested ANY creative time into thinking about and wargaming what you are going to do when X (choose an eventuality, any eventuality) happens?

There is a moment of transition in consciousness, when a law-abiding person changes gears, steps out his comfort zone, and loses his passive somebody-else-will-rake-care-of-this mindset and realizes that he is it, he's the one driving the boat.

Like peacefully walking out of a parking garage in full kit on Lobby Day--stepping out of line is a bit disorienting, it feels a little crazy.

Bearing in mind the COC, and the rules of civilized society generally, I'd like to ask (and don't expect a public answer)--what are you going to do when the bill HB961 passes the House of Delegates?  Because it will, right?

What are you going to do which is important enough and relevant enough to make the evening news?  Anything?

People need to start asking themselves what they are willing to do--which startling and satisfying but absolutely non-fatal counter-response are they willing to put in play--and if you're REALLY good, they'll be actions that the public would APPROVE of you doing, would understand completely, and might even clap and laugh about you doing.

Now is the time to make put on your thinking caps and make a list of things that you CAN do.  Doesn't mean that you WOULD do them, not yet anyway--just that you COULD--which is to say that these things that you COULD do are 100% within your personal budget and logistically within your personal ability to control.

They might involve GOING certain places at certain times, perhaps even unlikely times, BUYING certain items that are legal and freely available for purchase but which you would never have had reason to own, anticipating the public relations optics of such action, and then ACTING.

There is an entire continuum of responses, and you should map them out in your head.

Are gun owners in Virginia willing to block traffic?

Are they willing to climb on the hood of a car?

Are they willing to use spray-paint, on doors, cars, walls?

Flour?

Piss on a desk?  Piss on somebody important?

Are they willing to make the people passing these laws know with word or graffiti or even the bright red dot of a hand-held pointer playing on the paint of a door that they are unlocking that they are not anonymous and invisible, and that if they decide to strip you of essential Constitutional rights then you are going to be personally a tad peeved?

(NOTE: There are laws that they have already put in place regarding "terrorizing" people.  The penalties are stiff, and I'm going to guess that the Courts are not on your side.  Between those laws and the USAPATRIOT Act, tell me they aren't MILES ahead of you already.  Do you have any idea how fucked we are on this battlefield that they have prepared?  Be smart and plan accordingly.)

When you begin to brainstorm you actually begin to understand power.

But there are some startling surprises as well.  I once made an intractable problem, a problem I was maybe getting ready to go to jail over, disappear with a simple, polite phone call.

Some shitbag drug addict used to call my parents house at three and four am looking for my kid sister's phone number and waking them up.  It happened every couple months, sometimes several nights in a row, late night phone calls.  My dad was exhausted, exasperated, losing sleep.

You couldn't reason with this asshole--and while it pissed me off I wasn't willing to go to jail for beating him into a coma.  But it wasn't stopping.  So it appeared that I was helpless in the situation--until I began to think about what HE needed, what infrastructure HIS life required in order to function (wait--why was I leaving that intact?  His car.  His housing.  His job.  His access to a dealer who would sell him drugs.).  So I made a plan.  One end of the continuum involved a telephone and a phone book, the other end of the continuum involved digging a hole at night in the woods, and ten or eleven bags of cement.  One way or another, this shit was going to stop.  I began at the beginning, tried step 1, and it worked--I attacked with a simple, civil phone call, and totally destroyed his world.  Checkmate.  Every time MY parents phone rang at three o'clock in the morning, two minutes later I placed a very apologetic phone call to HIS mother at three o'clock in the morning, telling her that I was sorry to bother her, I wasn't trying to be rude, but that her son who smokes crack had just moments ago placed a phone call to MY elderly parents, waking them up, and that I was hoping that she would kindly ask him to stop doing that.

I could have gone with the bags of cement and the hole dug at night in the woods first--but as it turned out, it only took two phone calls to his mom.

My parent's phone never rang at three am again.

His older brother was so pissed that he embarrassed the family like that (again) that he beat the living fuck out of him and kicked his ass out of the house his parents owned (and where he was living for free) and last I heard he was still addicted to crack but had skipped on his warrants, left the state in his rusty beater car, and was living in the slums of Philly.

That kind of strategic thought is not something which comes naturally to me, and sure YMMV--but once you plug into it, it opens up a pretty fascinating world of understanding--it lays bare the mechanisms of power.  And once you get going, it is dangerously fun.

Put on your thinking caps, Virginia.  You're a little late to the party, but there is still some time left.  A little, anyway.

Any asshole can pick a flower on a grassy knoll--but use your creativity and find a REAL solution.  One that won't damage our sense of America as a sane and good place.

Gun control from idiot liberal progressives is the three am phone call from the drug-addled skell.

Their money and the power and the plan to do what they do comes from someplace--figure out where does it come from, and how can you shut it off.  Then shut it off.  Then YOU get to keep your guns, just like the Constitution says, and hardworking law enforcement officers get to watch their kids grow up--just like God's plan says they ought to be able to.

You can do this.
Link Posted: 2/9/2020 3:56:19 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

-SNIP-

Their money and the power and the plan to do what they do comes from someplace--figure out where does it come from, and how can you shut it off.  Then shut it off.  Then YOU get to keep your guns, just like the Constitution says, and hardworking law enforcement officers get to watch their kids grow up--just like God's plan says they ought to be able to.

You can do this.
View Quote
The first couple of steps in this fight's continuum have already been taken. Second Amendment sanctuaries and the Rattlesnake Rally being the first two. Getting in the committee meetings with a sea of orange GSL stickers is also necessary and has been done. Same with e-mails and lighting up their phones at the GA. Where I think we need to go now is to start finding these folks out and about and politely going up to them and telling them what for. If that were to happen 5 or 6 times a day over the next month or so, they'd get the message pretty quick that they have no place to hide and the brown shirts can't protect them. Same with their social media. Flood them with negative comments. I see no evidence that either is happening, although I don't really do social media anyway.

Until these idiots start feeling heat WHERE THEY LIVE, then they will continue to assume they can go back home and everything goes back to normal. We need to politely inform them in situ that is not the case. As for shutting off the money, unless you can show money transfers that are illegal, there's no legal way to do that. Pointing out how much bribery (er, campaign fundraising) has been given to various pols might be helpful for people to know but only when the next election comes around and by then it will be too late.
Link Posted: 2/9/2020 5:06:22 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
The first couple of steps in this fight's continuum have already been taken. Second Amendment sanctuaries and the Rattlesnake Rally being the first two. Getting in the committee meetings with a sea of orange GSL stickers is also necessary and has been done. Same with e-mails and lighting up their phones at the GA. Where I think we need to go now is to start finding these folks out and about and politely going up to them and telling them what for. If that were to happen 5 or 6 times a day over the next month or so, they'd get the message pretty quick that they have no place to hide and the brown shirts can't protect them. Same with their social media. Flood them with negative comments. I see no evidence that either is happening, although I don't really do social media anyway.

Until these idiots start feeling heat WHERE THEY LIVE, then they will continue to assume they can go back home and everything goes back to normal. We need to politely inform them in situ that is not the case. As for shutting off the money, unless you can show money transfers that are illegal, there's no legal way to do that. Pointing out how much bribery (er, campaign fundraising) has been given to various pols might be helpful for people to know but only when the next election comes around and by then it will be too late.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

-SNIP-

You can do this.

PM sent.
Link Posted: 2/9/2020 5:16:40 PM EDT
[#32]
coc
Link Posted: 2/9/2020 5:20:42 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
Do they live in gated compounds with walls and guards? Years ago a guy I was in the Army with made a comment about having been a prison guard. Said it was pretty much OK but wouldn't do it again. When asked why he said he came on shift one evening, did the procedures, then saw an envelope addressed to him on the desk of his work station. Opened it and inside were several photos. One of his wife grocery shopping, one of his house from several angles, one of each of his cars and truck, one of his daughter and son leaving for school, and one of their school. He put them back in the envelope, finished his shift, then went to the warden, showed him the photos and resigned. Sometimes all it takes is a message.
View Quote
This is one of the elements of Paul Howe's, "The 2A and the Kool-Aid Drinkers".  His assessment of politicians using the LE arms of government to do their dirty work of arms confiscation or enforcement of a myriad of gun regulations has a dark side...for the LE members.

His assessment isn't a call to violence.  It's just a pretty damned good call on how some of these issues will probably develop for LEO's and whoever goes to aggressively enforce such orders.

Seeing the news today about the NYPD officers attacked is just a small example of the current societal breakdown, and it would probably be worse when "good" citizens are made criminals by outrageous regulations and rights violations.

LE has enough trouble in today's environment trying to do their job with the relative widespread support of the public they serve.  Can you imagine where it will go if or when they go SWAT mode with those "good" citizens?

Some members here can suggest that no one will do anything.  While a full blown civil war or insurgency may not be the final product of an abusive government, it won't take many to make life miserable for LE.

I suggest reading Paul Howe's article on this.  Google it.
Link Posted: 2/9/2020 6:58:15 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

View Quote
Not for one second.
Link Posted: 2/9/2020 7:44:08 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
View Quote
That is exactly what it will take.
Link Posted: 2/9/2020 7:45:07 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

My thoughts exactly.

Calling Bama a Troll?

Lolz

Just here to stir shit up I guess.
View Quote
He drinks crappy beer too!
Link Posted: 2/9/2020 7:48:58 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
Capital Police were the ones giving commands, but the "riot line" appeared to be an equal mixture of both
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
As has been discussed before, it is past time to stop playing nice with them.

Their personal info will find its way to the public. We'll see how well they like the world knowing where every member of their family works or goes to school and what vehicles they drive.

Those that don't like being treated as public figures can always resign.
Link Posted: 2/9/2020 7:50:19 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
View Quote
This is proven to work.
Link Posted: 2/9/2020 8:23:35 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
This is proven to work.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
This is proven to work.
Are you two really advocating this?
Link Posted: 2/9/2020 8:25:08 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

TN Stands With VA!
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Nothing will happen.

TN Stands With VA!
Thank you for pushing through those doubts and showing up.

I had someone admit to me later that me being there gave them enough inspiration to stand fast instead of taking council of their fears and bailing. I don’t know how many else felt the same, but I can say the people that showed up definitely inspired me to keep fighting.

I’ve been involved with this stuff for three years now behind enemy lines, It’s impossible to do it that long without having some low moments along the way.

On the infil I was ahead scouting the route and reporting back, when I saw the group crossing the footbridge It felt something like I assume it felt at Helm’s Deep when Gandalf and the reinforcements arrived.

Everyone I talked to there that night was completely aware of what was a stake, and how serious this whole endeavor was (and will remain).

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 2/9/2020 8:25:26 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
This is proven to work.
It will happen whether I advocate for or against it.

Hopefully all that happens is postings on the internet or pictures left for people to find. It could very easily become a lot more serious than that.
Link Posted: 2/9/2020 8:30:51 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

We understand very well that if things go hot we lose our homes, livelihood and way of life. I don't think the Gov understands that their way of life will be over also. Dental plans, pay checks, and pensions would be our the window in that situation. This is what keeps us peaceful until all our options run out.
View Quote
Profoundly accurate.
Link Posted: 2/9/2020 8:50:07 PM EDT
[#43]
coc issues
Page / 6
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top