BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 28
Link Posted: 10/24/2022 2:10:59 PM EDT
[#1]
AussueOverlawd: D Brooks Trial - DAY 13 - Afternoon

D Brooks Trial - DAY 13 - Afternoon

Uncivil Law: Darryl Brooks Trial - Oct 24 2022 (afternoon session)
Darryl Brooks Trial - Oct 24 2022 (afternoon session)
Link Posted: 10/24/2022 2:11:33 PM EDT
[#2]
What is this guys role? He just sits and shitpost all day. Username?
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 10/24/2022 2:12:14 PM EDT
[#3]
He is trying hhhhhard to get her to say "contempt" on the record.  He thinks that'll get him a mistrial or reversal.
Link Posted: 10/24/2022 2:15:04 PM EDT
[#4]
GAG THIS FUCKER
Link Posted: 10/24/2022 2:16:50 PM EDT
[#5]
Allen Option 1 always sounds good.

Judge, Won't include instruction 315 (defendant right not to testify) unless he ask for it.

315 Not included.
Brooks " I don't understand."
Link Posted: 10/24/2022 2:20:44 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
What is this guys role? He just sits and shitpost all day. Username?
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/475357/Capture_PNG-2574601.JPG
View Quote

No idea. He's wearing a badge on his belt.
Link Posted: 10/24/2022 2:21:47 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

No idea. He's wearing a badge on his belt.
View Quote
I'd venture a guess he's an investigator for the DA of some sort.  Possibly close protection for the prosecution team?
Link Posted: 10/24/2022 2:24:34 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
I'd venture a guess he's an investigator for the DA of some sort.  Possibly close protection for the prosecution team?
View Quote

Probably an investigator who would also be responsible for the security of the prosecutors. At least that’s how it worked at the office I was an ADA at in Texas. They may do things differently in Wisconsin though.
Link Posted: 10/24/2022 2:25:39 PM EDT
[#9]
So is his plan to say he didn't wave his right to make a defense because he didn't answer?
Link Posted: 10/24/2022 2:27:35 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
So is his plan to say he didn't wave his right to make a defense because he didn't answer?
View Quote

He doesn't understand your question.
Link Posted: 10/24/2022 2:28:01 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
View Quote
I think what hes trying to do is say that because he chose to REPRESENT himself, doesn't necessarily mean he waived his right to ASSISTANCE of counsel, which is why he's playing the dumb card today claiming to not understand anything.  Judge said the argument he's trying to make of Right to Counsel vs. right to Assistance of Counsel is complicated and nuanced.  
Link Posted: 10/24/2022 2:32:55 PM EDT
[#12]
watching now, recess

what a shit show
Link Posted: 10/24/2022 2:44:03 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote
I think what hes trying to do is say that because he chose to REPRESENT himself, doesn't necessarily mean he waived his right to ASSISTANCE of counsel, which is why he's playing the dumb card today claiming to not understand anything.  Judge said the argument he's trying to make of Right to Counsel vs. right to Assistance of Counsel is complicated and nuanced.  
View Quote

Brooks is arguing 2 issues.
He believes he has a fifth amendment right not to answer the questions to testify/ close his case. In his mind he continue it forever. Not knowing "silence" can be taken as speech.

Evidently when he signed his "right to not have appointed Council", he made modifications to the document and reserved his right to assistance of council. I believe he would have to pay for it though. I doubt his change to the court document has any merit.

He also pretends he doesn't understand that Exhibits have to come in through testimony.
The "I don't understand" is sovereign citizen BS.
Link Posted: 10/24/2022 2:48:58 PM EDT
[#14]
Brooks would be the hands down winner of the "Who's on first" gag.
Link Posted: 10/24/2022 2:49:38 PM EDT
[#15]
How can whoever holds the button to his ankle tasers keep from lighting  this idiot up? Must take some intense training.
Link Posted: 10/24/2022 2:51:24 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
How can whoever holds the button to his ankle tasers keep from lighting  this idiot up? Must take some intense training.
View Quote

Because they are professionals and were most-likely meticulously instructed to be extra-kid-glove friendly to this moron.
Link Posted: 10/24/2022 2:52:08 PM EDT
[#17]
I don't understand

I don't understand

I don't understand
Link Posted: 10/24/2022 2:53:49 PM EDT
[#18]
“A man who defends himself have a fool for a client.”

In this case, this client has a fool for his representation.

But he wouldn’t understand that.
Link Posted: 10/24/2022 2:54:10 PM EDT
[#19]
Judge, "do you have questions related to Jury instruction?"
Brooks, " Yes, remove them all until I understand."
Link Posted: 10/24/2022 2:56:50 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

Because they are professionals and were most-likely meticulously instructed to be extra-kid-glove friendly to this moron.
View Quote
Deep down, I was hoping that he'd get froggy with the deputies when they moved his box fort the second time.

Other question:  As an amateur Youtube lawyer, what is the theory in Sov Citizen speak that he's trying to push with the subject matter jurisdiction?
Link Posted: 10/24/2022 2:59:25 PM EDT
[#21]
No, the defendant does NOT get to create jury instructions.
Link Posted: 10/24/2022 3:00:38 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Deep down, I was hoping that he'd get froggy with the deputies when they moved his box fort the second time.

Other question:  As an amateur Youtube lawyer, what is the theory in Sov Citizen speak that he's trying to push with the subject matter jurisdiction?
View Quote

Subject matter jurisdiction is a civil law issue that Sov Citizens misapply to criminal proceedings. That’s the answer in a nutshell. It’s hard to expand on that with the character limitations I have on posts.
Link Posted: 10/24/2022 3:02:29 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

Subject matter jurisdiction is a civil law issue that Sov Citizens misapply to criminal proceedings. That's the answer in a nutshell. It's hard to expand on that with the character limitations I have on posts.
View Quote
Are you referring to the old "I'm sovereign so your laws don't apply to me." argument?  
Link Posted: 10/24/2022 3:04:29 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

Subject matter jurisdiction is a civil law issue that Sov Citizens misapply to criminal proceedings. That’s the answer in a nutshell. It’s hard to expand on that with the character limitations I have on posts.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I don’t understand
Link Posted: 10/24/2022 3:08:29 PM EDT
[#25]
Appellate court gonna be like "LOL fuck that guy."  

They'll just take several pages to say it.
Link Posted: 10/24/2022 3:08:51 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

View Quote

They have my respect, I would zap him till he was smoking.
Link Posted: 10/24/2022 3:12:23 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Are you referring to the old "I'm sovereign so your laws don't apply to me." argument?  
View Quote

This is a little more nuanced. I’ll use federal district court as an example. To file a lawsuit in a federal district court, there are requirements that have to be met concerning who the parties are and/or the basis of the lawsuit (federal question, amount in controversy, etc.) and these requirements have to be pleaded to in the complaint and there has to be evidence concerning them.

Sov Citizens try to apply these concepts to criminal courts/criminal cases. A court has SJM over a criminal case just by the nature of a crime being alleged in the charging document.
Link Posted: 10/24/2022 3:13:10 PM EDT
[#28]
If Mr Brooks keeps on pissing off Judge Jennifer she is not going to visit him on Conjugal Visit Day in prison.

Link Posted: 10/24/2022 3:14:02 PM EDT
[#29]
He's going to ruin his chances for a closing argument at this rate.
Link Posted: 10/24/2022 3:14:20 PM EDT
[#30]
Brooks, " Myclosing argument are going to be based on whatever I base them on."

Judge , " I expect the state to have objections if needed."
Brooks, " they going to be a lot of objections."

Jury will be random draw.

Alternates will be kept at court house.

8:30 start,
Jury instruction starts at 9:00.
5hr of instructions estimated.
beginning instructions
then closing 1 hour by state.

Brooks, " I ain't doing no closing argument tomorrow."

30-60 min notice of verdict reading.
Link Posted: 10/24/2022 3:17:00 PM EDT
[#31]
He mentioned jury nullification
Link Posted: 10/24/2022 3:17:05 PM EDT
[#32]
This is a farce.
Link Posted: 10/24/2022 3:18:39 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
He mentioned jury nullification
View Quote

Yep, and got his dick stomped for it.
Link Posted: 10/24/2022 3:19:17 PM EDT
[#34]
Brooks, " I'm not just reading a book, I'm reading THE BOOK . The Bible."
Link Posted: 10/24/2022 3:23:15 PM EDT
[#35]
Brooks, " Jury nullification"
Judge, " I already have that instruction ready to go."
Judge, ' if you know About Jury nullification, You know about Jury instructions."
" I will use the Mute to protect Mr. Brooks"
Link Posted: 10/24/2022 3:27:27 PM EDT
[#36]
Well, as always, this is exciting.

Link Posted: 10/24/2022 3:27:56 PM EDT
[#37]
Oh no not the gold eagle! Damnit he's got them now.
Link Posted: 10/24/2022 3:28:21 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
Well, as always, this is exciting.

View Quote

I’ll give Brooks credit for this, he makes the very boring parts of trial entertaining.
Link Posted: 10/24/2022 3:28:26 PM EDT
[#39]
He mentioned the gold fringe flag of the admiralty court just like Rusty Shackleford!  This case is complete lol

Edit:  Any lip readers able to tell what he said after she went off record??  He pulled his mask off knowing there would be no sound.
Link Posted: 10/24/2022 3:31:29 PM EDT
[#40]
Recess.

If there are any guilty verdicts, the Judge has the week free for victim statements and sentencing.
Link Posted: 10/24/2022 3:33:41 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
Sovereign citizen- goes down in the DOJ books as right-wing terrorism
View Quote

I keep hearing this sovereign citizen moniker (does not believe in the legitimacy of the state), but if i recall early reports correctly, this guy was a convert to Islam. Like screaming Allah Snackbar as he ran over people in the Christmas parade. I've heard of Islamic types refusing council because they only recognize Shariah law as legitimate.

I imagine CAIR types are not touching this loon because it would look really bad. This monster ran over everybody, even little kids. Thus the media is pushing this sovereign citizen angle. Hell, look how they tried to cover what he initially did saying he only ran through the crowd in an attempt to escape police after a lesser crime. Your prototypical sovereign citizen type is usually white, not Louis Farrakhanny.
Link Posted: 10/24/2022 3:34:28 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

Yep, and got his dick stomped for it.
View Quote
oh yeah.....the jury is going to do that.

The only thing they're going to nullify is his access to society for the rest of his life.
Link Posted: 10/24/2022 3:34:36 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
GAG THIS FUCKER
View Quote

HELL NO!!! The more he rants, the better it gets.
Link Posted: 10/24/2022 3:35:47 PM EDT
[#44]
If they ever bring back the pit, I hope they rename it to Admiralty Court

We need some sovereign citizen memes.
Link Posted: 10/24/2022 3:35:51 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

I keep hearing this sovereign citizen moniker (does not believe in the legitimacy of the state), but if i recall early reports correctly, this guy was a convert to Islam. Like screaming Allah Snackbar as he ran over people in the Christmas parade. I've heard of Islamic types refusing council because they only recognize Shariah law as legitimate.

I imagine CAIR types are not touching this loon because it would look really bad. This monster ran over everybody, even little kids. Thus the media is pushing this sovereign citizen angle. Hell, look how they tried to cover what he initially did saying he only ran through the crowd in an attempt to escape police after a lesser crime. Your prototypical sovereign citizen type is usually white, not Louis Farrakhanny.
View Quote

He's made absolutely no mention of that as his basis for most of his sovereign arguments. He even ended today with asking about the golden eagle on top of the flag trying to clarify whether this was an admiralty or civil court, which is a common argument for the sovereign citizen types.
Link Posted: 10/24/2022 3:36:35 PM EDT
[#46]
I don't know guys, Brooks makes a compelling argument. If the State of Wisconsin doesn't show up by the end of the day, I'm afraid Judge Jenny will have no choice but to set him free.
Link Posted: 10/24/2022 3:37:47 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
This is a farce.
View Quote

NOPE!!! This is outstanding entertainment ... It is riveting.

Nearly all of his antics are just more proof he is the best opposing council that the Prosecution could hope for in a murder trial.
Link Posted: 10/24/2022 3:41:10 PM EDT
[#48]
Did he just go "gold fringe"?
Link Posted: 10/24/2022 3:44:18 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
He mentioned the gold fringe flag of the admiralty court just like Rusty Shackleford!  This case is complete lol
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

I thought that was precious. He is so utterly fucked it just doesn't sink into his tiny brain that he screwed himself with his own courtroom antics. He is going to continue this and drag things out as much as he can to avoid the inevitable jury verdict.

Edit:  Any lip readers able to tell what he said after she went off record??  He pulled his mask off knowing there would be no sound.

"Fuck you quite biatch"
Link Posted: 10/24/2022 3:44:35 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
Did he just go "gold fringe"?
View Quote

And Eagle!
Page / 28
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top