Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Posted: 9/9/2022 11:05:14 PM EDT
I'm reading articles discussing the possibility that dinosaurs were aboard the ark and died later due to climate change. The other animals not a board the ark perished in the flood of course. Given there's at least some scientific evidence of a world wide flood, what are the odds that man coexisted alongside dinosaurs instead of coming much later? How would that even have worked? Discuss if you like and provide as much or little evidence that you have to bolster your argument. Or just shit post I guess. I'm trying to wrap my mind around these concepts and theories after a couple of beers.

Biblically based theory on dinosaurs
Link Posted: 9/9/2022 11:10:27 PM EDT
[#1]
We are?
Link Posted: 9/9/2022 11:10:30 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 9/9/2022 11:11:25 PM EDT
[#3]
We're dinosaurs created alongside man and all the other animals of earth?
View Quote

we are dinosaurs? really?
Link Posted: 9/9/2022 11:12:07 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 9/9/2022 11:12:49 PM EDT
[#5]
Who knows
Link Posted: 9/9/2022 11:13:12 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote

Auto correct or possibly the couple beers, but wouldn't that be a twist? We're the dinosaurs.
Link Posted: 9/9/2022 11:13:59 PM EDT
[#7]
No dinosaurs where here waaay before humans.  (not cave men).
Link Posted: 9/9/2022 11:14:45 PM EDT
[#8]
I was a dinosaur the whole time? Whoa
Link Posted: 9/9/2022 11:15:29 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 9/9/2022 11:17:18 PM EDT
[#10]
The whole business about being created in the image of God, that's the dinosaurs right, we were just pests which came along later.
Link Posted: 9/9/2022 11:17:36 PM EDT
[#11]
Just about every culture in the world has some account of dragons, great monsters, leviathans and such.
There are a lot of things that we don't know and a lot of agendas to make sure we question what they want.
Link Posted: 9/9/2022 11:18:19 PM EDT
[#12]
OP you will not get good discussion posting this in GD if you are genuine.
Link Posted: 9/9/2022 11:18:57 PM EDT
[#13]
The dinosaurs are still here, but they're all off on Africa. That's why you don't see them.

Oh,  and if your brokerage allows after- hours trading I'd dump everything over the weekend.
Link Posted: 9/9/2022 11:19:14 PM EDT
[#14]
If Jesus came back riding a velociraptor half the people would still be like it's not real.
Link Posted: 9/9/2022 11:20:09 PM EDT
[#15]
They do move in herds ...

Link Posted: 9/9/2022 11:20:35 PM EDT
[#16]
I believe. Flame on if y'all want.
Link Posted: 9/9/2022 11:20:53 PM EDT
[#17]
Climate change
Link Posted: 9/9/2022 11:21:17 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
OP you will not get good discussion posting this in GD if you are genuine.
View Quote

You're likely right. If I post a thread about aliens though...'Super Serious' dialogue.
Link Posted: 9/9/2022 11:22:30 PM EDT
[#19]
The Behemoth described in: Job 40:15-24

The Leviathan described in: Job 41:1-2,7,12-32

Link Posted: 9/9/2022 11:23:22 PM EDT
[#20]
Big flood covered the whole earth? Even the top of Everest? How would people breathe that high up? - 6 year old kid to a youth pastor.

But really.

No. The dinosaurs that we think of ie. Jurassic park ones lived millions of year before humans.

So called living fossils are a cool thing to look up.

Link Posted: 9/9/2022 11:25:59 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Just about every culture in the world has some account of dragons, great monsters, leviathans and such.
There are a lot of things that we don't know and a lot of agendas to make sure we question what they want.
View Quote

Likely from imagination and from seeing dinosaur fossils, I’d guess.  Anyone can imagine an existing animal, except bigger.  Hollywood did it all the time in ‘50s monster movies.
Link Posted: 9/9/2022 11:26:20 PM EDT
[#22]
Dinosaurs are still alive in Africa. I miss that guy
Link Posted: 9/9/2022 11:28:04 PM EDT
[#23]
No, that’s retarded.
Link Posted: 9/9/2022 11:28:27 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

View Quote

Hippos or rhinoceros.  Not a pterodactyl.
Link Posted: 9/9/2022 11:29:15 PM EDT
[#25]
allegory
al'i-gôr?e
noun
1. The representation of abstract ideas or principles by characters, figures, or events in narrative, dramatic, or pictorial form.
2. A story, picture, or play employing such representation. John Bunyan's Pilgrim's Progress and Herman Melville's Moby-Dick are allegories.
3. A symbolic representation.
Link Posted: 9/9/2022 11:30:01 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

You believe what you want and I will believe T-Rex's were our pets.
Link Posted: 9/9/2022 11:30:01 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

Auto correct or possibly the couple beers, but wouldn't that be a twist? We're the dinosaurs.
View Quote

Link Posted: 9/9/2022 11:30:09 PM EDT
[#28]
Oh boy.
Link Posted: 9/9/2022 11:38:14 PM EDT
[#29]
What in tardnation?
Link Posted: 9/9/2022 11:42:37 PM EDT
[#30]
You should stop reading those articles.  You're going to give yourself brain damage.
Link Posted: 9/9/2022 11:42:38 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

Likely from imagination and from seeing dinosaur fossils, I'd guess.  Anyone can imagine an existing animal, except bigger.  Hollywood did it all the time in '50s monster movies.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Likely from imagination and from seeing dinosaur fossils, I'd guess.  Anyone can imagine an existing animal, except bigger.  Hollywood did it all the time in '50s monster movies.
Except they knew about them and drew pictures and documented them way long before the first fossils were assembled into a whole thing.
Humans saw giant creatures that don't live anymore.

Link Posted: 9/9/2022 11:44:00 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
Except they knew about them and drew pictures and documented them way long before the first fossils were assembled into a whole thing.

View Quote
how old do you think the earth is?
Link Posted: 9/9/2022 11:45:43 PM EDT
[#33]
before you make fun stop everything and go watch this documentary. its called ''Is Genesis History? - Watch the Full Film''  found it on youtube

Premiered Mar 26, 2020

scientists cover all aspects you have in mind in this documentary and follow up series.  proof dinos and global pre flood world was vastly different than we once thought. my quick opinion its not like public schools teach or jurassic park hollywood films.

for instance the oxygen in atmosphere had to have been many times what it is post flood for a pterosaur to fly and sauropods to breathe thru pin hole sized nostrils that much is confirmed. the bible says it hadnt ever rained until the day GOD shut the door to the ark. basically there was enormous amounts of liquified droplets and oxygen in the air like being near a waterfall if you can imagine. kind of interesting.

these creatures did exist and yes the bible says they were created along side man. keep in mind they were not created as you see them in the fossil record. 2 reasons for that. one is that GOD created them and everything else and it was perfect and good. and 2 the bible describes the fall of man when sin entered into the world and murder entered into the world thats when thorns and flesh eating creatures entered into the world. it was like a default mechanism built into the animals for when man sinned and murdered.

the research area of religion your looking at is called genisis apologetics or simply ''apologetics''. apologetics has little to do with true Chritianity as GOD states that without faith its impossible to please him.

also we have our own free will to believe or disbelieve for instance if you believe the bible at all GOD sends a strong delusion to those who would not believe. i hope i didnt misqoute anything. ill come back and spend more time on this maybe. i could talk all day for a week about this in person as ive studied it way too much.
Link Posted: 9/9/2022 11:46:02 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
Big flood covered the whole earth? Even the top of Everest? How would people breathe that high up?

View Quote

The rising water compressed the air against the dome of space.
Crack a science book once in a while.
Link Posted: 9/9/2022 11:46:23 PM EDT
[#35]
The 'arc'...
Link Posted: 9/9/2022 11:47:59 PM EDT
[#36]
Yes but they were gay so God drowned em.

Sodom and Gomorrah were basically 24/7 gay dinosaur orgies.
Link Posted: 9/9/2022 11:48:34 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Off topic.
Link Posted: 9/9/2022 11:55:21 PM EDT
[#38]
Link Posted: 9/10/2022 12:00:35 AM EDT
[#39]
Carl Sagan - Cosmos - Cosmic Calendar
Link Posted: 9/10/2022 12:15:53 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
Off topic.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Off topic.
uh huh...
Link Posted: 9/10/2022 12:17:44 AM EDT
[#41]
Prior to the fall there was no death with human or animals.  Men and animals lived at least a thousand years.  Reptiles never stop growing.  Dinosaurs are reptiles.
Link Posted: 9/10/2022 12:19:57 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Well I AM a sexual tyrannosaurus...
Link Posted: 9/10/2022 12:25:19 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Big flood covered the whole earth? Even the top of Everest? How would people breathe that high up?

No matter how high the water level got, the Ark would always be at sea level.
Link Posted: 9/10/2022 12:30:23 AM EDT
[#44]
God created the dinosaurs in his image, but they gained too knowledge and power that was too great, and they attempted to rebel against God and overthrow him, so he smote them to the underworld.

Early judean frescos have been found depicting Satan as a Pachycephalosaurus.
Link Posted: 9/10/2022 12:31:25 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
I'm reading articles discussing the possibility that dinosaurs were aboard the ark and died later due to climate change. The other animals not a board the ark perished in the flood of course. Given there's at least some scientific evidence of a world wide flood, what are the odds that man coexisted alongside dinosaurs instead of coming much later? How would that even have worked? Discuss if you like and provide as much or little evidence that you have to bolster your argument. Or just shit post I guess. I'm trying to wrap my mind around these concepts and theories after a couple of beers.

Biblically based theory on dinosaurs
View Quote

Dinosaurs are fake.

Those bones are the remnants of the beings created by the breeding of seraphim and humans.
Link Posted: 9/10/2022 12:46:42 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

Dinosaurs are fake.

Those bones are the remnants of the beings created by the breeding of seraphim and humans.
View Quote

The story about the Nephilim also includes animals.  These grotesque animals might have been the product of unlawful carnal knowledge from fallen angels (Book of Enoch).  The flood was used to cleanse the earth of this evil.
Link Posted: 9/10/2022 12:49:31 AM EDT
[#47]
dang climate change at it again. I guess a mega-flood wasn't enough.
Link Posted: 9/10/2022 12:52:01 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

Likely from imagination and from seeing dinosaur fossils, I’d guess.  Anyone can imagine an existing animal, except bigger.  Hollywood did it all the time in ‘50s monster movies.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

https://historydaily.org/ancient-map-shows-antarctica-coastline-without-ice/2

It is very difficult to know the truth of history without dedicating enormous time and energy to it which will not be be funded by the government.

The old saying history is written by the victors and all that. I'm sure there's really cool stuff left on earth. Just watch River Monsters. Jeremy Wade always catches something cool.
Link Posted: 9/10/2022 1:10:59 AM EDT
[#49]
Don’t try and wrap your head around bullshit.
Link Posted: 9/10/2022 1:13:20 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
Prior to the fall there was no death with human or animals.  Men and animals lived at least a thousand years.  Reptiles never stop growing.  Dinosaurs are reptiles.
View Quote

This being GD it’s hard to tell if this is satire or not.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top