Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 8
Link Posted: 2/18/2020 10:39:40 PM EDT
[#1]
I’m a pseudo-expert at all of the different ways to pick up fully-loaded adventure motorcycles. I also specialize in getting them from an upright position, to being on the ground.

I also dabble in evidence based practices in the criminal justice system focused on reducing recidivism and reentry services.When I’m not riding motorcycles.

EDIT: my wife is an expert in explaining to me exactly what I did wrong to cause our motorcycle to fall over. Usually while she watches me pick it back up.
Link Posted: 2/18/2020 10:40:47 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
The inner workings of a Fresenius 2008T Hemo Dialysis machine.
View Quote
I had a buddy that worked on dialysis machines for years, and last was working for Fresenius. Sadly, he passed last September from Pulmonary Fibrosis.
Link Posted: 2/18/2020 10:44:34 PM EDT
[#3]
Well, I was brought up on a dairy farm. Went to school to learn artificial insemination.

I have "sired" probably 500 calves.

That was years ago.

I also can rebuild Roosa Master injection pumps with my eyes closed.  (Well, except for calibration on the rack)

Damn, that was years ago too!

I am an old fart!
Link Posted: 2/18/2020 10:48:06 PM EDT
[#4]
T-34 tanks and possibly East German AK-47s
Link Posted: 2/18/2020 10:49:55 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Printing.
View Quote
Let's have a print-off! Been in it since 1985, started in hot lead and moved from windmills and a Linotype to a 4-color Heidelberg, stripped, ran a litho camera, proofed, and then 25 years of digital pre-press and graphic design. Supervised, estimated, and ran about every machine in a commercial offset & digital environment at one time or another.

Not many of us left, after the great internet purge.
Link Posted: 2/18/2020 10:54:42 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
I'm just saying, they're probably pretty okie dokie at making french fries.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
We have a few professional chefs on arfcom.
I can get McDonald's French Fries and you compare this skill to a chef? Please.
I'm just saying, they're probably pretty okie dokie at making french fries.
Pommes frites, peasant...
Link Posted: 2/18/2020 11:02:53 PM EDT
[#7]
Cookie clicker

come@me bro's

https://orteil.dashnet.org/cookieclicker/
Link Posted: 2/18/2020 11:11:28 PM EDT
[#8]
Electromagnetic compatibility testing. Specifically MIL-STD-461 but also most of the mainstream IEC standards. Don't do automotive or DO-160
Link Posted: 2/18/2020 11:33:15 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
@denverdan Interested to hear you elaborate. I'm a substation engineer myself.  I'm our in house transformer expert, they're something I really enjoy digging into.  I was reading through the thread to see if anyone had mentioned substations yet.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I know quite a bit about electric substations and the power grid in general.

However I’m 100% certain there are guys here that know more than me.
@denverdan Interested to hear you elaborate. I'm a substation engineer myself.  I'm our in house transformer expert, they're something I really enjoy digging into.  I was reading through the thread to see if anyone had mentioned substations yet.
@Weasel_Master

Well I’m a substation electrician. So pretty much you engineer it and I install, maintain, and repair it. My personal favorite thing to do is rebuild LTCs. I tend to gravitate towards the mechanical side of the job.

I see you’re in MN you may have engineered subs for the company I work for.
Link Posted: 2/18/2020 11:49:00 PM EDT
[#10]
Building slab on grade both kids making them easy painless to wreck out when done
Link Posted: 2/18/2020 11:59:22 PM EDT
[#11]
Parrots and soapmaking.

My husband's hobbies include hand grinding telescope mirrors and designing telescope eyepiece lenses.
Link Posted: 2/19/2020 12:00:57 AM EDT
[#12]
I know the Jeep TJ, thoroughly.
Link Posted: 2/19/2020 12:03:49 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
I grow pumpkins.  Acres and acres of pumpkins.  I am not sure many do that on here.

https://i.ibb.co/9r1HSY3/pumpkins225.jpg
View Quote
Studying that image, I would say - zero pumpkins.
Link Posted: 2/19/2020 12:05:24 AM EDT
[#14]
If you want over $100M/yr of high-tech sold to a handful of Fortune 500’s, I’m your guy!
Link Posted: 2/19/2020 12:05:29 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
I've probably painted more of these than anyone in the country.

https://alchetron.com/cdn/vans-aircraft-rv-8-1475e331-23ae-4be7-9df3-f2db2a30570-resize-750.jpeg
View Quote
User name checks out.
Link Posted: 2/19/2020 12:07:58 AM EDT
[#16]
Spoiling peahens

Link Posted: 2/19/2020 12:14:45 AM EDT
[#17]
I'm a pretty good firearms instructor, but I know a few posters here that make me look like an amateur.
When it comes to Maritime Security though, if there is someone here more knowledgeable than I on ISPS and 33 CFR subchapter H, I'd like to chat
Link Posted: 2/19/2020 12:22:19 AM EDT
[#18]
Unfortunately, not a goddamn thing...
Link Posted: 2/19/2020 12:25:47 AM EDT
[#19]
Hobo masturbation.
Link Posted: 2/19/2020 12:26:28 AM EDT
[#20]
I'd say that I'm one of the best, if not the best, at pointing out academic corruption and flaws in current scientific theories.

I may not be able to explain it any better than they do, but at least I'm honest about the difference between law, theory and hypothesis.
Link Posted: 2/19/2020 12:30:04 AM EDT
[#21]
Related, I've repeatedly nuked the shit out of the "vaccinate all the things" sycophants.

With Math... Bitches.
Link Posted: 2/19/2020 12:30:43 AM EDT
[#22]
I know a little about a lot of things, but not so much as to be an expert at any one thing.

Given the choice, I would have a hard time deciding if it would be worth it to be one of the best in the world at something but helpless in all other areas, or to remain in my current state where I am an expert at nothing but "mediocre" at a great many things.
Link Posted: 2/19/2020 12:30:46 AM EDT
[#23]
Multi level marketing
Link Posted: 2/19/2020 12:33:49 AM EDT
[#24]
Tuning a 4R100 transmission
Link Posted: 2/19/2020 12:35:33 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
I sure miss my old R75/5.
My uncle has a very old and beautiful single cylinder BMW. I can't remember the model, but I want it!
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Other than Art, I'm an expert on vintage BMW motorcycles.

Even though I sold both the ones I had to send my youngest son to Germany for a year.

I've won four show awards with my vintage BMWs and was invited to be a vintage bike judge at Barber Motorsports Park one year.
I sure miss my old R75/5.
My uncle has a very old and beautiful single cylinder BMW. I can't remember the model, but I want it!
Depending on the year, he had an R25/3 or an R26 or -- more likely -- a 1960-66 R27.

They were good bikes, though under-powered.
Link Posted: 2/19/2020 12:36:23 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Art History

View Quote
Link Posted: 2/19/2020 12:47:02 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
That's really cool.  When you think vintage BMW, how far back are you going?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Even though I sold both the ones I had to send my youngest son to Germany for a year.

I've won four show awards with my vintage BMWs and was invited to be a vintage bike judge at Barber Motorsports Park one year.
That's really cool.  When you think vintage BMW, how far back are you going?
1923, of course.

Though technically there is a delineation between antique BMWs (1923-1945), vintage BMW's (1950-1969) and classic BMW's (1969-1974).

And now those categories are being redrawn, with some vintage bikes entering the antique category, and the classic category now including BMW motorcycles up to the mid 1980's.

If I still had my 1956 R50, it would be as old as me, and I'm definitely feeling more antique than vintage...
Link Posted: 2/19/2020 1:00:20 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Ok I am extremely fluent in BMW  bikes from 1955 to 2005, more so in Moto Guzzi  from 1972 to 2015, Laverda from the 70's. Mercedes and BMW cars from 1976 to 2017. Its my job, I like to be right as often as possible.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Ok I am extremely fluent in BMW  bikes from 1955 to 2005, more so in Moto Guzzi  from 1972 to 2015, Laverda from the 70's. Mercedes and BMW cars from 1976 to 2017. Its my job, I like to be right as often as possible.
Back in the mid-1990s, I built a site called The Vintage BMW Motorcycle Page. I hope you had a chance to visit it. It won the very first Hot Site award -- an award that soon became irrelevant.

It was my 15 minutes of fame (actually a decade). It was one of the first motorcycle sites built by a designer (no default gray background, no default Times Roman, no default anything. It was actually pretty trick for those days). It got traffic from all over the planet because it was the ONLY online knowledge point for vintage BMW motorcycles.

Then the Vintage BMW Motorcycle Owners Association asked me to build their site. It seemed pointless to maintain two sites with essentially the same content, so I merged mine into theirs, and then turned the whole thing over to another guy.
Link Posted: 2/19/2020 1:04:48 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Bicycles made between 1900-1945.
I've been buying, selling, collecting them, for 30 years.
View Quote
If you don't post pictures of them sometime, I will report you.

I love 1930s-1950s racing bikes. Especially Bianchi's.
Link Posted: 2/19/2020 1:07:44 AM EDT
[#30]
Phlebotomy.
Link Posted: 2/19/2020 1:09:54 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
I’m a pseudo-expert at all of the different ways to pick up fully-loaded adventure motorcycles. I also specialize in getting them from an upright position, to being on the ground.

I also dabble in evidence based practices in the criminal justice system focused on reducing recidivism and reentry services.When I’m not riding motorcycles.

EDIT: my wife is an expert in explaining to me exactly what I did wrong to cause our motorcycle to fall over. Usually while she watches me pick it back up.
View Quote
I've put adventure bikes on the ground at speed and also standing still. I even crashed an F850GS into a wall once (where the fuck did THAT come from) and managed to still keep it upright.

But I bow to your expertise, since I once need help picking one up off the ground.
Link Posted: 2/19/2020 1:41:58 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
Phlebotomy.
View Quote
It's an art.
Link Posted: 2/19/2020 2:53:01 AM EDT
[#33]
I’m a Custom Harvester. I’m an expert at harvesting grain with combines especially red combines.  If you know as much or more about combines then I do I know who you are and you know who I am!
Link Posted: 2/19/2020 3:18:48 AM EDT
[#34]
Standards.  From the inside.  (alphabetically) IEEE, IETF, ITU, W3C.

Let's just say there's a long career that paid the bills.
Link Posted: 2/19/2020 3:29:15 AM EDT
[#35]
I know a good bit about wild edible/medicinal plants and fungi in the Northeast. Alas, to call myself an expert would be dishonest. I've simply read books on them then hunted and tested many plants upon myself.
I also know the location of probably the largest patch of monotropa uniflora in North America.
Link Posted: 2/19/2020 4:05:01 AM EDT
[#36]
I guarantee there are guys on this board who know more about the shit I do for a living than I do.

So I’d say my wife and how to keep her from wanting to kill me.
Link Posted: 2/19/2020 4:10:26 AM EDT
[#37]
Making gun sounds for video games. ??
Link Posted: 2/19/2020 5:04:02 AM EDT
[#38]
Reeducating lesbians and reciprocating frame saws, there's probably way more...
Link Posted: 2/19/2020 5:05:24 AM EDT
[#39]
Fart jokes.
Link Posted: 2/19/2020 5:32:09 AM EDT
[#40]
Some on here are very good at posting.
Frog
Link Posted: 2/19/2020 5:52:31 AM EDT
[#41]
I can hold my own in quite a few areas but I am certainly not best and maybe not even very good at them.

If I had to pick one thing I might be best at (on AFR at least) it would have to get pretty job specific and esoteric.

I could probably come out on top if the project was to train subjects to attend to the interoceptive stimulus effects of a drug.  (if you have to look up what that means I am better than you are at it .
Link Posted: 2/19/2020 6:07:10 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
Printing.
View Quote
20 years experience web pres.
Link Posted: 2/19/2020 6:18:34 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
Let's have a print-off! Been in it since 1985, started in hot lead and moved from windmills and a Linotype to a 4-color Heidelberg, stripped, ran a litho camera, proofed, and then 25 years of digital pre-press and graphic design. Supervised, estimated, and ran about every machine in a commercial offset & digital environment at one time or another.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Printing.

Bring the plates, you can roll tend for me.

ETA, I have to run a 24 page job tomorrow, two four color four highs, heat set, Peretta ink system, about half in 1/2 fold and the rest in 1/4 fold.

There's going to be a bunch of four color plate changes, you can use my spare plate wrench if you don't have your own.
Link Posted: 2/19/2020 6:21:04 AM EDT
[#44]
Not an expert but damn good at foundry facilities engineering.

Probably the worlds foremost expert on some technology we're developing but I can't talk about it
Link Posted: 2/19/2020 8:26:08 AM EDT
[#45]
29 CFR 1910.119
Link Posted: 2/19/2020 8:28:17 AM EDT
[#46]
IDK- The F.A.R. maybe?
Link Posted: 2/19/2020 8:34:37 AM EDT
[#47]
jack of all and Master of a few.

I maxed out my points in mechanical inclination.
Link Posted: 2/19/2020 8:36:15 AM EDT
[#48]
No claims made, that's my policy.
Link Posted: 2/19/2020 8:45:07 AM EDT
[#49]
Humor and irony spotter. Nobody spots it better than me.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 2/19/2020 8:47:26 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Bicycles made between 1900-1945.
I've been buying, selling, collecting them, for 30 years.

Like this?

Attachment Attached File
Page / 8
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top