Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By wolfjflywheel:

That Bitch Carole Fucking Baskin that's who
View Quote

Link Posted: 5/12/2020 7:49:10 PM EDT
[#2]
Originally Posted By heeler1:
Well I guess if a person put some anti-seize on the threads before installing it on the outdoor faucet that should negate all of this misery.
View Quote

I’m not going to risk it. That’s my late fathers plumbers wrench. He sold plumbing products for a short time. Thanks pop!

Agree on the anti seize for an outdoor mating on spigot. Any plumbers have recommendations for compound for hose that is hooked up all year?
Link Posted: 5/12/2020 7:51:27 PM EDT
[#3]
Had the same problem but our spigot is steel.  Aluminum fittings never again.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 5/12/2020 7:51:44 PM EDT
[#4]
I cut the end of my hose off and replaced it with a brass replacement end with one I bought at Lowes. Also replaced the spigot.
Link Posted: 5/12/2020 7:53:19 PM EDT
[#5]
Move somewhere cold and disconnect it for like 6 months a year.
Link Posted: 5/12/2020 8:03:06 PM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By glocknick:
I cut the end of my hose off and replaced it with a brass replacement end with one I bought at Lowes. Also replaced the spigot.
View Quote

Yeah. I think I need a plumber out to replace and solder a new spigot. This just gives me an excuse.

Fuck needle valves!!!!!
Link Posted: 5/12/2020 8:09:13 PM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By spidey07:

I’m not going to risk it. That’s my late fathers plumbers wrench. He sold plumbing products for a short time. Thanks pop!

Agree on the anti seize for an outdoor mating on spigot. Any plumbers have recommendations for compound for hose that is hooked up all year?
View Quote

Teflon tape is what I'm trying this year.  Any jell will wash away.  I have lots of anti seize but tape is what I'm sticking with.
Link Posted: 5/12/2020 8:23:27 PM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By dirtyboy:

Teflon tape is what I'm trying this year.  Any jell will wash away.  I have lots of anti seize but tape is what I'm sticking with.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By dirtyboy:
Originally Posted By spidey07:

I’m not going to risk it. That’s my late fathers plumbers wrench. He sold plumbing products for a short time. Thanks pop!

Agree on the anti seize for an outdoor mating on spigot. Any plumbers have recommendations for compound for hose that is hooked up all year?

Teflon tape is what I'm trying this year.  Any jell will wash away.  I have lots of anti seize but tape is what I'm sticking with.

Rectorseal?
Link Posted: 5/12/2020 8:35:38 PM EDT
[#9]
you're correct, fuck em with a barbwire wrapped cactus dipped in red devil lie...
Link Posted: 5/12/2020 8:37:47 PM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By douglasmorris99:
you're correct, fuck em with a barbwire wrapped cactus dipped in red devil lie...
View Quote

Let’s sell loctite coated hose fittings!
Link Posted: 5/12/2020 8:52:01 PM EDT
[#11]
I made the mistake of buying a few of those hoses. I had to finally cut them off with a hacksaw and replace the hose bibs. Corrosion between dissimilar metals I guess. I had a freakin power washer hose do the same thing. I ended up getting it loose but destroyed the wand in the process so it was a wasted effort. I have one of the Goodyear hoses still and while it’s awesome I can not find another one. All the hoses I found at Depot or Lowes that had “brass” fittings upon closer inspection are only brass colored aluminum. Steaming piles of shit.
Link Posted: 5/12/2020 8:59:03 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 5/12/2020 9:16:19 PM EDT
[#13]
Originally Posted By jwb211:
I made the mistake of buying a few of those hoses. I had to finally cut them off with a hacksaw and replace the hose bibs. Corrosion between dissimilar metals I guess. I had a freakin power washer hose do the same thing. I ended up getting it loose but destroyed the wand in the process so it was a wasted effort. I have one of the Goodyear hoses still and while it’s awesome I can not find another one. All the hoses I found at Depot or Lowes that had “brass” fittings upon closer inspection are only brass colored aluminum. Steaming piles of shit.
View Quote

That’s fucking wrong. These aluminum fittings will weld and they fucking market likes it’s a good thing!

There should be a law!  A warning!  Ban this shit!  If my fucking fishing weights has a warning that it causes cancer only in California  then there should be a warning on the hose. “This shit will weld to what you attach to it”.
Page / 3
Next Page Arrow Left
Top Top