Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 8
Link Posted: 8/15/2020 2:28:09 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Fat people tend to be hungrier way more often than lean people. It's...why they eat when they don't really need to.

Lean people don't have epic levels of willpower. They're simply not as hungry, as often. That's why it isn't hard.

(Pro-tip: You can eat in a way that keeps you from feeling so God damned hungry all the time, thus making you eat fewer calories, thus enabling your body to use all of that stored fat on board for energy. People that have been lean their entire life do this, whether they realize it or not).

While I don't do it myself, a carnivore diet seems perfectly healthy. If it helps somebody lose weight and not feel hungry as shit while doing it, all the better. If they get tired of it (and I'm sure most will eventually - I sure as shit would), they just need to introduce healthy food back in, little by little, pay close attention to how they look, feel, weigh, etc, and keep making incremental adjustments as needed until they figure out what works for them for the rest of their life.

But simply telling somebody to "stop eating so damned much" isn't all that useful. It's technically true, but it doesn't mean anything and it's not all that actionable. It's like me saying "The reason this crowded room has so many people in it, is because more people have entered than have left". Well no shit, Sherlock. Mind telling us why this many people are so hell-bent on coming in, and not wanting to leave?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Fad diets are fucking stupid. Just stop eating so damned much. It isn't that hard.
Fat people tend to be hungrier way more often than lean people. It's...why they eat when they don't really need to.

Lean people don't have epic levels of willpower. They're simply not as hungry, as often. That's why it isn't hard.

(Pro-tip: You can eat in a way that keeps you from feeling so God damned hungry all the time, thus making you eat fewer calories, thus enabling your body to use all of that stored fat on board for energy. People that have been lean their entire life do this, whether they realize it or not).

While I don't do it myself, a carnivore diet seems perfectly healthy. If it helps somebody lose weight and not feel hungry as shit while doing it, all the better. If they get tired of it (and I'm sure most will eventually - I sure as shit would), they just need to introduce healthy food back in, little by little, pay close attention to how they look, feel, weigh, etc, and keep making incremental adjustments as needed until they figure out what works for them for the rest of their life.

But simply telling somebody to "stop eating so damned much" isn't all that useful. It's technically true, but it doesn't mean anything and it's not all that actionable. It's like me saying "The reason this crowded room has so many people in it, is because more people have entered than have left". Well no shit, Sherlock. Mind telling us why this many people are so hell-bent on coming in, and not wanting to leave?

I've noticed fat people tend to graze a lot. They might not be hungry, but they've turned being "not full" into "I must insert food". A lot of them don't even realize they are doing it. Grabbing a handful of candy or picking at the appetizer plates frequently adds calories very fast, calories they don't even remember consuming.
Link Posted: 8/15/2020 2:39:28 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

I've noticed fat people tend to graze a lot. They might not be hungry, but they've turned being "not full" into "I must insert food". A lot of them don't even realize they are doing it. Grabbing a handful of candy or picking at the appetizer plates frequently adds calories very fast, calories they don't even remember consuming.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Fad diets are fucking stupid. Just stop eating so damned much. It isn't that hard.

Another reason people seem to be eating a lot, especially those that are overweight and have terrible diets, is the food that they're eating is laced with MSG and other ingredients that are addicting like a drug. They screw with your body's chemistry and make your body thinks it's hungry when it's not.

That's one thing I really liked when I was on carnivore, and even on the keto diet. I was hungry less often, and eating smaller portions. I could also go longer between meals without feeling hungry, and I hardly ever got "hangry". Especially when I transitioned to carnivore. There's a lot of carnivores that eat once a day, but I just couldn't bring myself to do that. I at least ate twice a day, and I noticed that I was much more satisfied after eating than compared to when I was on the traditional "American" diet.

Link Posted: 8/15/2020 2:43:37 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

Another reason people seem to be eating a lot, especially those that are overweight and have terrible diets, is the food that they're eating is laced with MSG and other ingredients that are addicting like a drug. They screw with your body's chemistry and make your body thinks it's hungry when it's not.

That's one thing I really liked when I was on carnivore, and even on the keto diet. I was hungry less often, and eating smaller portions. I could also go longer between meals without feeling hungry, and I hardly ever got "hangry". Especially when I transitioned to carnivore. There's a lot of carnivores that eat once a day, but I just couldn't bring myself to do that. I at least ate twice a day, and I noticed that I was much more satisfied after eating than compared to when I was on the traditional "American" diet.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I love MSG, it can really help give bland food a little something extra.
Link Posted: 8/15/2020 5:06:04 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

View Quote

Bored eating can be a hard habit to break. I generally don't keep prepared food around in any form with the exception of boiled eggs. If I'm going to eat, I know I have to cook it. That can really cut back on the "go grab something out of the cabinet" mentality.
Link Posted: 8/15/2020 5:16:14 PM EDT
[#5]
So I'm experiencing a really strange problem. According to my app, it seems like I am not getting enough protein. I have no idea how this is happening.

Yesterday I had 3 eggs, 12 oz of hamburger, two fillets of Mackerel, and 11 clams. My calories were like 1500, which is very low, and only 147g of protein. I like to get atleast 1g protein per pound of bodyweight. Maybe it's just that the protein is satiating my appetite so much that I don't feel hungry enough to eat any more?

And oh yeah, I'm not hungry at all, but I'm craving sweets. Like even a sip of gatorade would be great. It's easy enough to avoid since I'm not hungry, but it's still annoying.
Link Posted: 8/15/2020 5:17:59 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
So I'm experiencing a really strange problem. According to my app, it seems like I am not getting enough protein. I have no idea how this is happening.

Yesterday I had 3 eggs, 12 oz of hamburger, two fillets of Mackerel, and 11 clams. My calories were like 1500, which is very low, and only 147g of protein. I like to get atleast 1g protein per pound of bodyweight. Maybe it's just that the protein is satiating my appetite so much that I don't feel hungry enough to eat any more?
View Quote

What are your goals that you want 1g per lb?

That's often recommend for guys that are bulking, but at 1500 calories I'm assuming that you aren't.

A lot of different studies have found that far less than 1g/lb is sufficient for maintaining lean mass while on a cut.

•    Tarnopolsky et al. (1992) observed no differences in whole body protein synthesis or indexes of lean body mass in strength athletes consuming either 0.64g/lb or 1.10g/lb over a 2 week period. Protein oxidation did increase in the high protein group, indicating a nutrient overload.
•    Walberg et al. (1988) found that 0.73g/lb was sufficient to maintain positive nitrogen balance in cutting weightlifters over a 7 day time period.
•    Tarnopolsky et al. (1988) found that only 0.37g/lb was required to maintain positive nitrogen balance in elite bodybuilders (over 5 years of experience, possible previous use of androgens) over a 10 day period. 0.45g/lb was sufficient to maintain lean body mass in bodybuilders over a 2 week period. The authors suggested that 0.55g/lb was sufficient for bodybuilders.
•    Lemon et al. (1992) found no differences in muscle mass or strength gains in novice bodybuilders consuming either 0.61g/lb or 1.19g/lb over a 4 week period. Based on nitrogen balance data, the authors recommended 0.75g/lb.
•    Hoffman et al. (2006) found no differences in body composition, strength or resting hormonal concentrations in strength athletes consuming either 0.77g/lb or >0.91g/lb over a 3 month period.
Link Posted: 8/15/2020 5:19:57 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

That's often recommend for guys that are bulking, but at 1500 calories I'm assuming that you aren't.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Since I do a lot of resistance training and weight lifting, I would maintain that much protein in order to maintain or increase muscle mass, especially while on a low carb cut.
There are plenty of articles that support that ratio. I would have to find them.
Link Posted: 8/15/2020 5:52:21 PM EDT
[#8]
1.8-2.7g/kg of protein is recommended for athletes who are losing weight.

So a little under to a little over 1g/lb is the recommended range.
Link Posted: 8/15/2020 6:47:07 PM EDT
[#9]
Yeah, but that doesn't solve my low protein/low appetite problem. Granted, I havn't exercised at all this week, so I'm not burning very many calories. Maybe if I worked out today, I would eat more, and thus obtain more protein? Or maybe I should aim for a lower fat diet, in order to decrease satiety?
Link Posted: 8/15/2020 6:54:03 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
You guys are right. I'm just getting all wound up about this. From now on, I'm just gonna eat it and not worry about it anymore. Hopefully that resolves everything.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
You guys are right. I'm just getting all wound up about this. From now on, I'm just gonna eat it and not worry about it anymore. Hopefully that resolves everything.

Quoted:
Yeah, but that doesn't solve my low protein/low appetite problem. Granted, I havn't exercised at all this week, so I'm not burning very many calories. Maybe if I worked out today, I would eat more, and thus obtain more protein? Or maybe I should aim for a lower fat diet, in order to decrease satiety?
My suggestion? More of the top quote, less of the second.
Link Posted: 8/15/2020 7:04:50 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
View Quote

You probably need to define your goal. 1500 calories is a cut for most people, stick your calorie goal, aim for protein heavy on the macros, and lose the weight you are shooting for.

Once you hit your goal weight, redefine the goal, adjust calories and macros as needed.

If you think you need more protein, adjust your macro ratio, and eat more protein. If you aren't hungry, eat it anyway.
Link Posted: 8/15/2020 8:17:29 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 8/15/2020 8:24:37 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 8/15/2020 9:17:28 PM EDT
[#14]
I started carnivore at the beginning of the month. For about the last 2 years, I've been eating like crap and have about 40 pounds to drop. Previously, I was doing great on low carb, and spent 2 weeks doing carnivore, then fell off the wagon.

Right now, I'm eating a lot of sausage, some steak, and some ground beef. Sausage seems to keep me fullest longest and has relatively good macros: high fat, moderate protein, low/no carbs. I've found that even tracking my calories/macros, I'm eating around 1500 calories a day and can't imagine trying to force myself to eat more. It's usually 1 meal in the morning, and then maybe a small "snack" around dinner to hold me over. So far, I'm down 12 pounds.

The first week wasn't fun in the bathroom, but it seems to have stabilized now. Unless I'm drinking a bunch of water while eating it's pretty normal, just much less frequent.
Link Posted: 8/16/2020 1:50:15 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
I really do believe you're overthinking this. A lot.

It's just food.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

It's just food.

You guys are 100% right again. I'm really gonna stop worrying about everything now, from now on.

Well anyway, so today went super well! :D I ended up getting really hungry, so I cooked up my Calf liver that I got from the butcher shop! I took two pieces out of the package, patted it dry with a paper towel, put some grass fed butter in s hot skillet until it started to bubble, then added the liver. I kind fried in this way for a few minutes on each side. It was SOOO good. I can't believe it. It was almost more satisfying than the Clams I had last night. I couldn't contain myself and made the remainder of liver in the package right after. Maybe it's the butter or something, I don't know. I don't typically eat butter, like ever, until I started this diet. But man, that was like the best meal I've had all month, aside from the Mackerel, Clams, and grass fed steaks. But I think the top two are tied between the liver tonight and the Clams, oh yeah, the Salmon eggs were good af too, now that I'm getting all this carnivore nutrition education! lol. The Mackerel was good, but very oily. I still need to get used to all this fat I'm starting to eat. You guys just don't know; prior to starting this Carnivore, I probably ate like 10-20g fat per day TOPS. Mostly just plain brown rice, steamed vegetables, and some lean meat, or canned tunafish. Very little in the way of seasonings or sauces.That was my diet for like a solid year.
Link Posted: 8/16/2020 2:00:01 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

Plants often produce toxins as their defense against predation, since they can’t run. The theory is that less toxins equals less inflammation and immune system issues. I personally think that as long as you’re getting enough fat it’ll probably work out just fine.
View Quote

that's a dumb theory, and many of those toxins are good for us

sulfuraphane for example

have fun with your scurvy and all the other nutritional deficiencies

humans are not carnivores.. period

Not only that, but you're actually causing far more inflammation by eating nothing but meat.

https://www.whitneyerd.com/2019/05/the-truth-about-meat-inflammation.html
Link Posted: 8/16/2020 8:12:35 AM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 8/16/2020 8:43:34 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

So I put a vacuum sealer on the shopping list. But I'm buying the ground beef today. What should I do in the interem? Should I put the opened container back in the fridge with the opening rolled closed or clipped somehow?
View Quote
I usually wrap excess in aluminum foil and put what I plan to eat very soon in the fridge and the rest in the freezer.

Beef that spends a few days in the fridge often turns brown and develops a strong "beef" smell.  Even though I know, rationally, that the meat is still good, my irrational brain has a very hard time accepting that fact and I'm very reluctant to eat that meat.  Luckily, my wife does most of the cooking and I never see/smell the brown beef while it's raw.   My dogs love the times when I do see it.  
Link Posted: 8/16/2020 8:44:47 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

The plains Indians ate very few fruits and vegetables.  Their diet consisted mainly of meat and they were the healthiest Indians according to Lewis/Clark through their journals.  Many Crow Indians commonly lived into their 100's.   Lewis/Clark and Company also ate the best in the plains.  Once they went west of the divide they became very ill from the change of diet and starved a lot.  They resorted to eating dogs.   As long as you get good blood and fat in your diet a meat only diet is very doable and healthy.
View Quote
I believe the plains Indians were also the tallest Indians, and possibly the tallest people in the world at that time.
Link Posted: 8/16/2020 4:17:18 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Yeah, fat tastes really good.

Out of curiosity, are you trying to lose weight or something? I'm sort of curious what got you so interested in radically changing your diet. Going from rice, veggies and lean meats to pure carnivore is quite a leap. What prompted it? Weight? Medical issues? Just feel like doing a fun experiment on yourself for a while? Other? You did your previous diet for a year, so I'm guessing something prompted that too.

You did mention that you do resistance training (though I don't recall any specifics), so are you looking to make improvements there as well, or...?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

It's just food.

You guys are 100% right again. I'm really gonna stop worrying about everything now, from now on.

Well anyway, so today went super well! :D I ended up getting really hungry, so I cooked up my Calf liver that I got from the butcher shop! I took two pieces out of the package, patted it dry with a paper towel, put some grass fed butter in s hot skillet until it started to bubble, then added the liver. I kind fried in this way for a few minutes on each side. It was SOOO good. I can't believe it. It was almost more satisfying than the Clams I had last night. I couldn't contain myself and made the remainder of liver in the package right after. Maybe it's the butter or something, I don't know. I don't typically eat butter, like ever, until I started this diet. But man, that was like the best meal I've had all month, aside from the Mackerel, Clams, and grass fed steaks. But I think the top two are tied between the liver tonight and the Clams, oh yeah, the Salmon eggs were good af too, now that I'm getting all this carnivore nutrition education! lol. The Mackerel was good, but very oily. I still need to get used to all this fat I'm starting to eat. You guys just don't know; prior to starting this Carnivore, I probably ate like 10-20g fat per day TOPS. Mostly just plain brown rice, steamed vegetables, and some lean meat, or canned tunafish. Very little in the way of seasonings or sauces.That was my diet for like a solid year.
Yeah, fat tastes really good.

Out of curiosity, are you trying to lose weight or something? I'm sort of curious what got you so interested in radically changing your diet. Going from rice, veggies and lean meats to pure carnivore is quite a leap. What prompted it? Weight? Medical issues? Just feel like doing a fun experiment on yourself for a while? Other? You did your previous diet for a year, so I'm guessing something prompted that too.

You did mention that you do resistance training (though I don't recall any specifics), so are you looking to make improvements there as well, or...?

Easy. I did it to reduce some belly fat, as well as simplify my cooking regimen, especially on a "thinking about" level. I also heard that it increases focus, energy and stuff like that.
Link Posted: 8/16/2020 5:37:58 PM EDT
[#21]
Honestly I don't have much belly fat, it's more just stubborn love handles on my sides I'm trying to get rid of. But mostly is that on this diet I can completely avoid processed foods. Since I don't need to count calories on this diet, I can quite easily eat more freely. Rather than restricting myself to pre-prepared or packaged food that have precise content calorie/macro labeling. Which means I won't have to, for example, eat 2 cans of tuna with one bag of Uncle Ben's Boil-In-Bag brown rice, which is partially cooked and premeasured, for macro tracking accuracy, in order to precisely know how many carbs/proteins I am getting in a meal. I can just eat whenever I want, thus freeing me to eat cuts of meat without needing to weigh each piece.
Link Posted: 8/16/2020 7:40:26 PM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 8/16/2020 11:54:19 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Yeah, I've tracked what I eat more for data purposes (in case somebody ever asks me what my diet looked like in detail while I lost all the weight). But I'm not going to do it much longer. There's seriously no need to, and it's very tedious if you cook literally everything from raw ingredients. It's actually a royal pain in the ass. I've just about satisfied my curiosity, and I have more than enough data to satisfy anybody else's.

I've long been of the opinion that if the only way you're able to remain lean when eating to satiety doesn't work is to count calories or macronutrient ratios (something no other species on earth is even capable of doing), then something is fucky with what you're eating. Because that shouldn't be necessary, unless you're metabolically broken somehow. And if you are, there's a fair to middling chance (in my humble opinion) that what you've been eating over the years is what broke it. Troubleshooting time.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Honestly I don't have much belly fat, it's more just stubborn love handles on my sides I'm trying to get rid of. But mostly is that on this diet I can completely avoid processed foods. Since I don't need to count calories on this diet, I can quite easily eat more freely. Rather than restricting myself to pre-prepared or packaged food that have precise content calorie/macro labeling. Which means I won't have to, for example, eat 2 cans of tuna with one bag of Uncle Ben's Boil-In-Bag brown rice, which is partially cooked and premeasured, for macro tracking accuracy, in order to precisely know how many carbs/proteins I am getting in a meal. I can just eat whenever I want, thus freeing me to eat cuts of meat without needing to weigh each piece.
Yeah, I've tracked what I eat more for data purposes (in case somebody ever asks me what my diet looked like in detail while I lost all the weight). But I'm not going to do it much longer. There's seriously no need to, and it's very tedious if you cook literally everything from raw ingredients. It's actually a royal pain in the ass. I've just about satisfied my curiosity, and I have more than enough data to satisfy anybody else's.

I've long been of the opinion that if the only way you're able to remain lean when eating to satiety doesn't work is to count calories or macronutrient ratios (something no other species on earth is even capable of doing), then something is fucky with what you're eating. Because that shouldn't be necessary, unless you're metabolically broken somehow. And if you are, there's a fair to middling chance (in my humble opinion) that what you've been eating over the years is what broke it. Troubleshooting time.

That makes sense! Luckily I'm pretty healthy. You know what I just fully realized today? I can start eating BACON, regularly! Before starting Carnivore, I was a "healthy eater" (in the Omnivore type of way) where I ate clean, grains, fish, chicken, lean steak, etc. etc. I always loved bacon, but I avoided it due to all the "health concerns." Now I can eat it freely! The thing is, I've NEVER made bacon at home. I never knew how to. I always just had relatives make it growing up, or ate it at restaurants. So now I'm gonna have to learn how to make it at home. But you guys know what ELSE???  My girlfriend is a vegetarian. But even more than that, she grew up in a jewish household, so she has NEVER eaten Bacon or any pork products. I remember joking with her when we first started dating that I wanted to see how she reacts to bacon because it's soo good. She actually said that she would be down for that. So now I need to spend some weeks perfecting my bacon making skills, and then give her her first bacon. I think that would be HILARIOUS, personally. Who has never eaten bacon, you know? I gotta learn to make it both hard and crispy, AND chewy and floppy, because there are people who like floppy bacon for some reason. Gotta have options.
Link Posted: 8/17/2020 8:04:17 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

That makes sense! Luckily I'm pretty healthy. You know what I just fully realized today? I can start eating BACON, regularly! Before starting Carnivore, I was a "healthy eater" (in the Omnivore type of way) where I ate clean, grains, fish, chicken, lean steak, etc. etc. I always loved bacon, but I avoided it due to all the "health concerns." Now I can eat it freely! The thing is, I've NEVER made bacon at home. I never knew how to. I always just had relatives make it growing up, or ate it at restaurants. So now I'm gonna have to learn how to make it at home. But you guys know what ELSE???  My girlfriend is a vegetarian. But even more than that, she grew up in a jewish household, so she has NEVER eaten Bacon or any pork products. I remember joking with her when we first started dating that I wanted to see how she reacts to bacon because it's soo good. She actually said that she would be down for that. So now I need to spend some weeks perfecting my bacon making skills, and then give her her first bacon. I think that would be HILARIOUS, personally. Who has never eaten bacon, you know? I gotta learn to make it both hard and crispy, AND chewy and floppy, because there are people who like floppy bacon for some reason. Gotta have options.
View Quote

The easiest way to make bacon is put it on a baking pan and toss it in the oven at 350 degrees. Comes out great, no splattered grease mess all over your stove or you.  Just watch and take it out when its crisp to your liking.
Link Posted: 8/17/2020 8:29:52 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

The easiest way to make bacon is put it on a baking pan and toss it in the oven at 350 degrees. Comes out great, no splattered grease mess all over your stove or you.  Just watch and take it out when its crisp to your liking.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I highly recommend something like this to save all that delicious bacon fat.

MissingImage
Failed To Load Product Data

Link Posted: 8/17/2020 10:05:08 AM EDT
[#26]
Link Posted: 8/17/2020 10:08:15 AM EDT
[#27]
I hope that your kidneys are in good working order. That diet would probably kill me.
Link Posted: 8/17/2020 1:14:56 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
I hope that your kidneys are in good working order. That diet would probably kill me.
View Quote

It won’t.
Link Posted: 8/17/2020 5:03:16 PM EDT
[#29]
Boy, lots of good bacon suggestions here! lol. I'm gonna try to pick some up this week. But you know what's next? BRAINS lol. Gonna go to the Butcher and see if they have any cow brains available. Apparently it's a great source of vitamins and cholesterol. After making my liver last week in butter, I definitely want to continue my foray into organ meats. The liver was absolutely delicious! Then Oysters, if I can find them. Last time they only had Clams at the asian market. I might try the fresh fisherman's market downtown near the harbor if the asian store doesn't have it. Carnivore is so EXCITING man. This is awesome! I'm gonna give it another week before I start crowing about it to all my friends.

So I started this past Thursday, iirc, and so it's been like 4 days. And so far no GI trouble, no keto flu. I feel perfect. So maybe I will be one of the lucky few and experience none of it? That would be cool.
Link Posted: 8/17/2020 6:02:41 PM EDT
[#30]
Link Posted: 8/17/2020 6:12:54 PM EDT
[#31]
What is a Carnivore Diet? How I use Carnivore for weight loss.
Link Posted: 8/17/2020 7:42:38 PM EDT
[#32]
Picked up some more Calf liver today and Salmon Roe from the Butcher. Also ordered 1 lb of Cow brain. How do you guys prepare it? I also noticed they have frog legs, Buffalo meat, and even ground camel! I have never had camel meat before. I can't wait to try ALL the animals. Kinda makes me want to go on Safari, lol.
Link Posted: 8/17/2020 9:28:36 PM EDT
[#33]
Link Posted: 8/17/2020 10:33:44 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
I have never prepared brains. You've reached the limit of my culinary know-how.

But if I were to give it a go, I'd go straight to YouTube and go down that rabbit hole for a couple hours. Lord knows somebody's good at it, and filmed it.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Picked up some more Calf liver today and Salmon Roe from the Butcher. Also ordered 1 lb of Cow brain. How do you guys prepare it? I also noticed they have frog legs, Buffalo meat, and even ground camel! I have never had camel meat before. I can't wait to try ALL the animals. Kinda makes me want to go on Safari, lol.
I have never prepared brains. You've reached the limit of my culinary know-how.

But if I were to give it a go, I'd go straight to YouTube and go down that rabbit hole for a couple hours. Lord knows somebody's good at it, and filmed it.

You're right!

So this guy is cooking his in beef fat, which is something I can definitely collect now.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dYEPwqvgdTI
Link Posted: 8/18/2020 12:53:12 AM EDT
[#35]
So the game plan for tomorrow is to obtain fresh oysters to steam at home. Now I'm having trouble finding information on how to steam them properly. And the wikihow via google shows clams instead of oysters. Any of you guys familiar with making these things, especially steamed?
Link Posted: 8/18/2020 1:00:51 PM EDT
[#36]
How To Lose Stubborn Belly Fat - Myths & Misconceptions
Link Posted: 8/18/2020 2:08:18 PM EDT
[#37]
“Fat people are hungry all the time” because:

1. They went on a low fat diet
2.  Fat is what tells the brain you’ve eaten enough

Then

3. They replaced the fat with carbs
4. Carbs actually make you hungrier

So they are fat because they followed bad advice.
Link Posted: 8/18/2020 2:21:22 PM EDT
[#38]
You aren’t fat cuz you’re lazy;

You’re lazy cuz you’re fat.

This is for a normal person who put on a few pounds a year over time and is tired and hungry and can’t lose weight— not a slob who sits on the sofa sucking down chips and coke.

The spike in insulin from eating more carbs than humans ever evolved to eat causes blood sugar to go down, causing you to crave more sugar.

The cure is to eat the amount of carbs your evolution .intended, which is not much. Doctors have been torturing and blaming patients, telling them they’re not losing weight cuz they’re not following advice. Actually they’re not losing weight cuz they ARE following low fat high carb advice.
Link Posted: 8/18/2020 2:33:50 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
You aren’t fat cuz you’re lazy;

You’re lazy cuz you’re fat.

This is for a normal person who put on a few pounds a year over time and is tired and hungry and can’t lose weight— not a slob who sits on the sofa sucking down chips and coke.

The spike in insulin from eating more carbs than humans ever evolved to eat causes blood sugar to go down, causing you to crave more sugar.

The cure is to eat the amount of carbs your evolution .intended, which is not much. Doctors have been torturing and blaming patients, telling them they’re not losing weight cuz they’re not following advice. Actually they’re not losing weight cuz they ARE following low fat high carb advice.
View Quote

And what happens when people whom have cravings from fluctuating blood sugar levels?

They eat too much.
Link Posted: 8/18/2020 2:35:40 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
“Fat people are hungry all the time” because:

1. They went on a low fat diet
2.  Fat is what tells the brain you’ve eaten enough

Then

3. They replaced the fat with carbs
4. Carbs actually make you hungrier

So they are fat because they followed bad advice.
View Quote

How To Train and Eat Based on your Somatotype (Body Type)!!!
Link Posted: 8/18/2020 2:58:14 PM EDT
[#41]
So guys, I've been getting my meals set, but I was thinking about something. Where do you guys source your meat/liver/eggs?

My butcher sells lean ground sirloin for $9.99/Lb. Reading online, it seems Target sells grass fed 90/10 for $6.39/Lb and apparently Walmart sells grass fed $5.98/Lb for 90/10, but then again advertised prices you see online can be misleading.  

I read online that Aldi has great discounts, if you buy the beef just before the sell-by date.

Oddly enough, I checked the price for meat at Costco, online. And it seems their prices are SUPER high. A grass fed NY Strip steak there costs $18/Lb! I found it cheaper at the Safeway near my house.
Link Posted: 8/18/2020 3:23:25 PM EDT
[#42]
Link Posted: 8/18/2020 3:29:30 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
So guys, I've been getting my meals set, but I was thinking about something. Where do you guys source your meat/liver/eggs?
View Quote
I buy meats at Sam's Club, eggs at Walmart. Brisket is $2.50/lb and pork butt is $1.13/lb in my area. Despite what the "influencers" say, you don't need grass fed, grass finished, panda massaged meat to do carnivore.

Carnivore on a Budget (7 Nutritious Optons) 2024

Link Posted: 8/18/2020 3:32:45 PM EDT
[#44]
Honestly, I even read an article last night about people buying like 1/2 a cow or 1/4 a cow straight from the farmer, saving TONS of money. Some people coming out at $4.--/Lb for like 90+Lbs of fresh top quality grass fed beef. If I owned a deep freezer, I would absolutely do this, lol! But that will have to wait until I can get one, which I may in the near future if I can find a good used one for sale.
I did ask my butcher today if he offers bulk-purchase discounts on ground beef, and he recommended I speak to his manager tomorrow, which I will. But at $9.99/Lb, I still don't see the price dropping significantly more than what I'm seeing elsewhere.

Any of you guys buy cows directly from the farmer? I live in the Maryland/D.C. area, btw. I know there are people who go in on a purchase with others and they split the cost of like a full cow or multiple, and have food for months super cheap.
Link Posted: 8/18/2020 3:37:02 PM EDT
[#45]
Link Posted: 8/18/2020 3:44:51 PM EDT
[#46]
We raise our own beef, as well as chickens for eggs. So that’s where I get most of my protein. I also do a lot of hunting and fishing, so I eat a lot of wild game.

I wouldn’t bother with grass fed, just find a good local butcher and buy a 1/2 or 1/4 beef.
Link Posted: 8/18/2020 3:56:17 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
We raise our own beef, as well as chickens for eggs. So that’s where I get most of my protein. I also do a lot of hunting and fishing, so I eat a lot of wild game.

I wouldn’t bother with grass fed, just find a good local butcher and buy a 1/2 or 1/4 beef.
View Quote
You mean 1/2 of a cow from a butcher? Wouldn't you get a better deal buying directly from a farmer?
Link Posted: 8/18/2020 4:17:14 PM EDT
[#48]
Attachment Attached File

The advantages of being a Cajun in Cajun country. Cracklin is available at many service stations. Had some for lunch today. Plenty of salt. Plenty of fat.
Link Posted: 8/18/2020 4:22:16 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
You mean 1/2 of a cow from a butcher? Wouldn't you get a better deal buying directly from a farmer?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

At least around here, you can buy them from the meat processors for a good price.
Link Posted: 8/18/2020 4:24:24 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/20638/iu_jpeg-1552137.JPG
The advantages of being a Cajun in Cajun country. Cracklin is available at many service stations. Had some for lunch today. Plenty of salt. Plenty of fat.
View Quote

What's that?
Page / 8
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top