User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 4
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 11/25/2019 7:22:42 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I'm on the hunt for a 1965 Pontiac Catalina Safari 421 tri-power 4-speed station wagon.
View Quote
If your hunt is successful we want pics.
Link Posted: 11/25/2019 7:22:47 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
How many boomer vehicle threads can one guy start in one weekend?
View Quote
And to top it off he is not even a car guy. He is just a troll.
Link Posted: 11/25/2019 8:03:59 AM EDT
[#3]
I have a outback with the 6 cly. Love it first wagon I have owned. With the outbacks they drive like a car have the storage of a small suv and AWD that allows me to do my normal hunting/camping going to the range.

Also drive the Cadillac wagon some too. It’s a POS. Lol dash all lit up but that’s par for the course on funeral coaches. Took this picture in front of the house and sent it too the wife. Everyone that drove by the house while I ate lunch slowed down and was wondering who died. Lol

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 11/25/2019 8:58:32 AM EDT
[#4]
Hatchbacks FTW!

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 11/25/2019 8:59:25 AM EDT
[#5]
A Suburban or Yukon XL is superior to a wagon.
Link Posted: 11/25/2019 9:02:20 AM EDT
[#6]
Unfortunately, taking function over form often gets labeled hipster.

Wagons and hatchbacks are very functional for people that don't need serious offroad capabilities.

I would probably be labeled a hipster for saying the honda ridgeline looks like a very practical vehicle.
Link Posted: 11/25/2019 9:04:44 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
I have a outback with the 6 cly. Love it first wagon I have owned. With the outbacks they drive like a car have the storage of a small suv and AWD that allows me to do my normal hunting/camping going to the range.

Also drive the Cadillac wagon some too. It’s a POS. Lol dash all lit up but that’s par for the course on funeral coaches. Took this picture in front of the house and sent it too the wife. Everyone that drove by the house while I ate lunch slowed down and was wondering who died. Lol

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/424008/15657596-8C9B-4830-B8EB-117ED2814096_jpeg-1173068.JPG
View Quote
I also own a Cadillac wagon.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 11/25/2019 9:06:00 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
I'm on the hunt for a 1965 Pontiac Catalina Safari 421 tri-power 4-speed station wagon.
View Quote
That would be awesome!
Link Posted: 11/25/2019 9:16:59 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Lesbians...its always lesbians
View Quote
Pruis (aka Pious):  the root cause of most traffic fuckups.  Pretentious.  Usually slow driving in the left lane and proud of it.  If a hipster is driving, then Mommy and Daddy bought it for them, even though they're 35
Subaru Wagon:  For James Taylor wannabes and less ugly lesbians (the hot ones drive Audis, trust me, I know)
Ford Ranger:  For the man jean wearing, chained wallet dykes who will kick your ass if you make fun of their flannel shirt
Brodozers:  A wide variety of jackasses who all wear white Oakleys, Tapout or Affliction T Shirts. Obligatory Calvin and Hobbes sticker on the back (next to the Yeti sticker of course) pissing on other automotive brand.  May or may not actually own a Yeti, depending on their abiilty to get it financed on top of the $75,000 diesel truck payment.
Dodge Trucks:  For those who want to be glider pilots, the fucking mirrors stuck out just a hair less than a set of wings.  Obligatory truck nutz on the back.
Escalade:  usually parked in front of a trailer with rent to own rims.  Owners can be identified by gold teeth.
BMW Sedan:  If a woman, a yoga practicing MILF who badly needs to be bent over and fucked, since her pussy husband lacks the balls to grab a fistfull of her hair and spank her ass with a coathanger.
C63: for large cocked middle aged men who bang chicks nearly half his age and shitpost on Arfcom.
Link Posted: 11/25/2019 9:21:23 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
How many boomer vehicle threads can one guy start in one weekend?
lol, get out of here with that shit.
Link Posted: 11/25/2019 9:42:25 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Because wagons and hatchbacks are extremely functional vehicles. They're more practical for the majority of people who end up buying SUVs and trucks. That is unless you really do want or need the extra space or an open bed.

It's like a sedan with a lot more storage space, but you still maintain a lot of sedan fuel efficiency and driving characteristics.
View Quote
Exactly. Personally I don't need the cargo space right now but if I had a family I'd definitely be looking at a wagon rather than an SUV. Lower center of gravity, better fuel economy and performance (assuming similar equipment levels) and a lot more practical. The baby SUV's have almost no actual cargo space, rarely more than an equivalent sized car. The larger SUV's are a whole different beast and you have to live with the negatives every day while only using the benefits occasionally. Don't get me wrong, if you need the space you need the space, but a lot of people go way bigger than they need. Their money, their choice, my right to consider it a silly decision.

Of the cars I've owned I think my favorite day to day was my Volvo V70 GLT. Enough power and handling to not be a total bore day to day, small enough to not be a pain in parking lots, enough usable space to move a lotta stuff. I loved that car. What's sad is that the new ones are a lot less elegant.

I can't fault hipsters for the obsession, assuming that it actually exists. They're having kids, moving into their own homes and doing home repairs/upgrades... If you don't want or need a pickup or large SUV day to day then a wagon makes a ton of sense under those circumstances. There's a reason they were so common when I was a kid, we hadn't gotten obsessed with big SUV's yet and trucks were a country/construction thing because that's where they made sense.
Link Posted: 11/25/2019 5:59:44 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 11/25/2019 6:05:58 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 11/25/2019 6:35:39 PM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 11/25/2019 6:46:05 PM EDT
[#15]
They are unusual.
Link Posted: 11/25/2019 6:52:01 PM EDT
[#16]
When we were SUV shoppi last year, I mentioned to my wife that'd we'd likely never own another sedan.  If I need a commuter car, it will be a hatch because "fits mo stuffc.  Family car will likely be SUV or minivan.  Truck for truck stuff. " Fun car will be an enthusiast car of some sort.  As mentioned elsewhere, a sedan is just a wagon with less useful space and cargo room.

Sedans are dead to me.  People like me are likely the reason Ford killed off it's sedan production...
Link Posted: 11/25/2019 7:11:41 PM EDT
[#18]
We have a 2017 Pathfinder and it is more wagon than SUV. It has 284 hp and
is quite peppy and has seating for 7. It can tow 5k pounds if needed and seats fold
flat. It is handy to say the least and it handles like a car.
Link Posted: 11/25/2019 7:26:56 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Im not really a wagon guy, but this is a bad bitch.https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/89899/audi-rs-6-avant-2019-1170982.jpg
View Quote
Pretty much.  I am looking at possibly buying a nice used one when prices drop. I had a older RS6 sedan.
Link Posted: 11/25/2019 10:14:48 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Link Posted: 11/25/2019 10:26:15 PM EDT
[#21]
I'm not a "hipster" at all and I've always had a thing for wagons. Old, new, foreign or domestic, I like them all. I would have loved to seen, hell... I would have bought one, the Holden SS Wagons imported here.
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 11/25/2019 10:26:24 PM EDT
[#22]
Why do hipsters like anything?

They like cheap, unpopular stuff that has been shunned by the mainstream because

a) they are living in poverty and can only afford cheap stuff

b) they tell themselves they alone are cognizant of the hidden qualities of said cheap stuff, which helps drag a thin veneer of justification over the fact they live like hoboes even though they spent $200,000 on an anthropology degree.

Full disclosure: I like wagons.  Please find attached: extremely shitty photo of a 1979 Pontiac Safari I owned for a while.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 11/25/2019 10:32:52 PM EDT
[#23]
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Also drive the Cadillac wagon some too. It's a POS. Lol dash all lit up but that's par for the course on funeral coaches. Took this picture in front of the house and sent it too the wife. Everyone that drove by the house while I ate lunch slowed down and was wondering who died. Lol

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/424008/15657596-8C9B-4830-B8EB-117ED2814096_jpeg-1173068.JPG
I also own a Cadillac wagon.

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/183008/67540F23-9EA4-4C24-BA6F-A04F8FE5A4B9_jpeg-1173094.JPG
Me too. Actually it's the wife's car (no V). Next year she'll have the stigma of owning a 10 year old Cadillac. She bought it new it's got less than 90K on it so I'm guessing she's just going to keep driving it. It's a very practical car.
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 11/25/2019 10:33:22 PM EDT
[#24]
Wagons are fucking awesome, they just are. Sorry about your case of the gay.
Link Posted: 11/25/2019 10:36:09 PM EDT
[#25]
Wagons are 10x better than SUV’s and that’s really the only group that should buy them instead.
Link Posted: 11/25/2019 10:50:33 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
I frequently see multiples of these Dodge Magnum wagons on the road here in Missouri.

https://hips.hearstapps.com/roa.h-cdn.co/assets/cm/14/47/480x267/546b573f1dfd3_-_dodge-magnum-srt8-lg.jpg?resize=480:*

Didn't realize they made them up to 2008.
View Quote
They were made 2005-2008.

I had a 2007 R/T with the 5.7 Hemi.   Fully loaded with leather and sunroof.   Super sleeper car at the red light. Fast AF for what it was.   I would have kept it longer if it wasn’t such a ghetto sled in most instances.
Link Posted: 11/25/2019 10:58:38 PM EDT
[#27]
A house I visited the other day to check their meter had a 1970 Chevy Nomad in the driveway...……...the car had been restored, and it looked really nice

The new Buick Regal TourX would be nice if they put more horses under the hood
Link Posted: 11/25/2019 11:07:36 PM EDT
[#28]
I'm not a hipster, but I love station wagons. Much prefer them to sedans.
Link Posted: 11/26/2019 12:14:53 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
I love wagons, I still regret selling my 1989 Volvo 740 turbo wagon.
Now if only Mercedes would import the new A45S
View Quote
GLA45 AMG is basically the same thing, with like one whole inch of extra ground clearance. It’s a toss up between one of those and a Golf R for my next car.
Link Posted: 11/26/2019 10:20:51 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
I'm not a "hipster" at all and I've always had a thing for wagons. Old, new, foreign or domestic, I like them all. I would have loved to seen, hell... I would have bought one, the Holden SS Wagons imported here.
https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/177202/965A4227-E630-4468-892F-553FFD619426_jpeg-1173855.JPG
View Quote
My brother turned his SS into a HSV, but no wagon.  GM should have imported a few Utes for us wagon guys that want the LS 700hp wagon
Link Posted: 11/26/2019 10:28:12 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
Wagons are awesome
View Quote
This.... I don't have one, but wish our A4 was an Avant. More space in the same footprint. Up here people love them for tossing dogs, skis and fishing poles in back without having to fold down the seats. My 4-Runner is basically a wagon with a lift kit.
Link Posted: 11/27/2019 9:31:43 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
I personally prefer sedans by a wide margin.

Wagons just look kinda nerdy to me.
View Quote
After reading this thread, it should be apparent that there is no such thing as a car hipster.  And if there is, it's people who claim wagons look nerdy rather than talk about the better handling of a typical sedan (in most cases) vs the better practicality of the typical wagon built on the same platform.
Link Posted: 11/27/2019 9:57:53 AM EDT
[#33]
Vista Cruiser is where it's at.

Attachment Attached File
Page / 4
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top