Site Notices
Page / 6
Link Posted: 4/26/2016 11:22:29 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 4/26/2016 11:23:12 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Unmarked slick top cars should not be working "traffic squad".  

Dangerous as shit.  

View Quote

Rear window red/blues, taillight red/blues, rear directional bar, front windshield red/blues, headlight red/blues, flashing headlights, push guard red/blues, side window red/blues, and side mirror red/blues.

Considering that it's illuminated exactly the same as a traditional car, and also considering that for approaching traffic a traditional black and white cruiser and a blacked out slick top appear the same could you explain how that's more dangerous?
Link Posted: 4/26/2016 11:25:02 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 4/26/2016 11:25:34 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
https://media.midwayusa.com/productimages/880x660/Primary/352/352263.jpg

I had a box of these in the car, do they count as restricted "hollow nose" ammunition in Joisey?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

So you accused the wrong cop of writing you an earlier ticket and he was polite while you made this accusation into his tummy camera?  So he has video of you accusing him (wrongly) of writing you a different ticket earlier and just smiled and let you go on?  So video of you mis identifying the officer and admitting that you got a ticket in the same place a week earlier?  Can attorneys tell them selves to be quiet?

Lulz.

I had a box of these in the car, do they count as restricted "hollow nose" ammunition in Joisey?

Nope.  Neither do Federal EFMJ.  

Link Posted: 4/26/2016 11:25:41 AM EDT
[#5]
Straight cash, homie.

Link Posted: 4/26/2016 11:28:03 AM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 4/26/2016 11:29:30 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
There are still morons who managed to get pulled over by fake cops now and again.  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Dangerous as shit.  

Rear window red/blues, taillight red/blues, rear directional bar, front windshield red/blues, headlight red/blues, flashing headlights, push guard red/blues, side window red/blues, and side mirror red/blues.

Considering that it's illuminated exactly the same as a traditional car, and also considering that for approaching traffic a traditional black and white cruiser and a blacked out slick top appear the same could you explain how that's more dangerous?
There are still morons who managed to get pulled over by fake cops now and again.  

I assumed he was talking about traffic safety.

As far as getting pulled over by a fake cop. I'll go out on a limb and say that's in the lightning strike spectrum of possibilities. But, you have to consider that if a car approaches you from the rear with emergency lights on, particularly at night, you aren't going to be able to identify if its marked our not.
Link Posted: 4/26/2016 11:29:40 AM EDT
[#8]
To make everyone much safer.
Link Posted: 4/26/2016 11:32:19 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Not all LEOs on this site come into the LE threads. There are dozens that stay so low key that you would have no idea they were LE or that they even exist.

It still doesn't diminish the fact that some people want to stay as anonymous as possible when dealing with others in the EE to avoid Arocking because some person has a problem with LE and can get their info in an EE transaction.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Same reason they need hidden icons despite showing up in every cop thread.

Because LOLsec and Pursesec

Not all LEOs on this site come into the LE threads. There are dozens that stay so low key that you would have no idea they were LE or that they even exist.

It still doesn't diminish the fact that some people want to stay as anonymous as possible when dealing with others in the EE to avoid Arocking because some person has a problem with LE and can get their info in an EE transaction.

I like how he talks about hidden icons without understanding why they are hidden. Also, have you seen my avatar?
Link Posted: 4/26/2016 11:32:27 AM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 4/26/2016 11:32:38 AM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 4/26/2016 11:34:32 AM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 4/26/2016 11:35:37 AM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 4/26/2016 11:39:12 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Frankly all police vehicles should be clearly marked.  None of this bullshit stealth operators.  
View Quote

Yup.

The minute they start using unmarked cars for traffic enforcement, the whole "It's about public safety" argument goes right out the fucking window.

You can do 10 times more to increase safety on the road by sitting visibly in a marked car by the side of the road than you can by hiding behind a billboard in your sneaky stealth operator tactical revenue-wagon.

Link Posted: 4/26/2016 11:39:26 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Revenue
View Quote

FPNI

It is too hard (expensive and takes effort) to "police" anymore. They are only interested in easy money for Civic projects
Link Posted: 4/26/2016 11:39:48 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

So you accused the wrong cop of writing you an earlier ticket and he was polite while you made this accusation into his tummy camera?  So he has video of you accusing him (wrongly) of writing you a different ticket earlier and just smiled and let you go on?  So video of you mis identifying the officer and admitting that you got a ticket in the same place a week earlier?  Can attorneys tell them selves to be quiet?

Lulz.

Dont you have some tickets to fix?
Link Posted: 4/26/2016 11:41:22 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Any vehicle that is tasked with traffic enforcement and performing roadside stops should be clearly marked with department name on all four sides, have roof top warning lights and chevron striping on the rear.

I cant wait for the ARFCops to argue why any of the above isn't a good idea.
View Quote

It's a great idea. Cough up the 4K per car that it would take to do it.
Link Posted: 4/26/2016 11:42:11 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Anyone willing to take bets on who's got hidden icons in this thread?
View Quote

Well, it's pretty obvious who does not.
Link Posted: 4/26/2016 11:42:18 AM EDT
[#19]
While we are on the subject,

TONE DOWN THE FUCKING LED LIGHTS.
IT BLINDS PEOPLE COMING UP ON THE SCENE AND IS A
SAFETY HAZARD !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Link Posted: 4/26/2016 11:44:58 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
I've never seen any of the cops here push for unmarked speed enforcement cars.  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Any vehicle that is tasked with traffic enforcement and performing roadside stops should be clearly marked with department name on all four sides, have roof top warning lights and chevron striping on the rear.

Reality has very little to do with the "It's all about the revenue" folks.

It just reinforces my belief that a lot of GD members just cannot drive worth a damn.
Link Posted: 4/26/2016 11:45:33 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

I barely do 30 in a year.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
gotta write those 30 tickets a month

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
It's something like 28 actually. How you fail to make that if you are actually sober escapes me. It's still illegal but whatever, New York is New York  

I barely do 30 in a year.

I think I am at 10 so far.

One of our over achievers is at 150ish.
Link Posted: 4/26/2016 11:45:49 AM EDT
[#22]
I got pulled over by the black stealth one here in San Antonio. It looked just like a regular car. You couldn't even see the "POLICE" decal on the side unless you knew it was there. I was baited into it by him driving like Mr. Left Lane Camper Then Ride Your Ass Ultra Douche. Fuck those assholes.
Link Posted: 4/26/2016 11:46:32 AM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 4/26/2016 11:46:34 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
It was non LEO members who complained and got them hidden.    

I could give a shit if you know I'm a cop.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

He's been told that so many times I've lost count, yet here he is.  Very selective amnesia.
Link Posted: 4/26/2016 11:46:35 AM EDT
[#25]
I looked at our local traffic docket for today.  It's the Highway Patrol's day for traffic court.  Their cases are:

Unlawful Speed:  5 cases, 1 was for 30mph or over.

Careless Driving:  3 cases

Improper Backing: 2 cases  

Fail to Obey Traffic Control Device:  1

Drop/Secure Load: 1

Fail to Move Over for an Emergency Vehicle:1

Improper Passing on the Right:1

Follow Too Closely to Vehicle:  1

Expired Tag (6 Months or Less):  1

The HP in my state is heavily vested in traffic enforcement, it's their primary gig.  So 15 cases are being contested and of those 5 are speeding tickets.  The tickets for Improper backing are most likely written for accidents and there is a good chance that the Following Too Closely is also for an accident.  That is FHP's primary duties traffic enforcement and crash investigations on the state's interstates, highways and unincorporated roadways.    
Link Posted: 4/26/2016 11:47:58 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
I always laugh at all of you who say "quotas" and things like that.  Some departments have them, but You all act like they're universal  I believe my current ticket book was issued to me in June 2015 and it still has quite a few left in it.  They come with 20 in them.  Only tickets we every really write are from traffic crashes.  Other departments I worked for I wrote speeding and other tickets, but we also had the time to work traffic there
View Quote

I laugh at your laughter

Lots of towns have a 40mph type roadway posted at 25 mph and a cop sits there writing tickets all day
Link Posted: 4/26/2016 11:48:44 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

FPNI Again!

Fuck crime deterrence. It's all about redistributing your wealth.

BTW: How much cash you got on you today, civilian? Any donations for orphanages we don't know about? Our tac team wants new Wilson Combats all around and the city budget won't allow it. Care to make a donation?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Revenue

FPNI Again!

BTW: How much cash you got on you today, civilian? Any donations for orphanages we don't know about? Our tac team wants new Wilson Combats all around and the city budget won't allow it. Care to make a donation?

Our pensions depend on it.
Link Posted: 4/26/2016 11:50:03 AM EDT
[#28]
As someone who pasted a black SUV with dark gray lettering on the side while going 85mph last month...I agree
Link Posted: 4/26/2016 11:51:47 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
I may actually have someone else fix the last two. I don't know that I have the juice to get two completely dismissed that far out of my "zone of power" I'll have to call in a favor I guess.  

So check this deal out. I got a letter from a prosecutor's office (not one I deal with regularly), they offered my lady a REALLY good plea bargain, but she had to take some defensive driving course (I think online), sounds reasonable, right? Well she also had to send a money order for something like $ 200 to the "Speed Abatement Task Force" which is basically the district attorney's office. Don't get me wrong, I'd happily write out a check to get a high speed down to a parking ticket, but I was surprised they did it. I told a district attorney in another county about it and even he laughed and said he didn't believe me.
View Quote

Years ago, the state went to a "No point ticket".  State tacked on a "Surcharge" to all violations.  In the end run, it will cost you around $400ish.

Those that say tickets are about revenue are somewhat correct, but not for the local departments.  The state gets the surcharge, 0 goes to the town.
Link Posted: 4/26/2016 11:52:41 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Revenue

FPNI Again!

No one ever gets mad at the fire department for charging $1500 for a 10 minute ride to the hospital for a broken ankle
Link Posted: 4/26/2016 11:54:57 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

It sounds like a way to be unmarked while you put on your innocent face and pretend you're not.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I love ghost lettering.

It sounds like a way to be unmarked while you put on your innocent face and pretend you're not.

Lol irony.

Being upset with the cops for an unmarked car because if you knew they were in a marked car, you wouldn't have been speeding in the first place. LMFAO.
Link Posted: 4/26/2016 11:58:45 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

It just reinforces my belief that a lot of GD members just cannot drive worth a damn.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I never get pulled over in my POV but I come to GD and getting pulled over seems to be the bane of their existence.
Link Posted: 4/26/2016 11:59:49 AM EDT
[#33]
I'm surprised there's nobody out there with Sovereign Citizen ghost lettering and NJOINDR plates.
Link Posted: 4/26/2016 12:00:35 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

I laugh at your laughter

Lots of towns have a 40mph type roadway posted at 25 mph and a cop sits there writing tickets all day
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I always laugh at all of you who say "quotas" and things like that.  Some departments have them, but You all act like they're universal  I believe my current ticket book was issued to me in June 2015 and it still has quite a few left in it.  They come with 20 in them.  Only tickets we every really write are from traffic crashes.  Other departments I worked for I wrote speeding and other tickets, but we also had the time to work traffic there

I laugh at your laughter

But you saw the 25 mph sign right?
Link Posted: 4/26/2016 12:02:12 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

I laugh at your laughter

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I laugh at your laughter

Something interesting  I found in Google.

PA Traffic Ticket Fines and Costs
Under normal circumstances, all traffic tickets cost the same throughout the state. Fines are determined by violation, and those fines are the same throughout Pennsylvania.
Most tickets have the exact fine printed on them; check your ticket for your fine.
Conveniently, court costs and other surcharges are?typically?the same throughout the state, too. This is because the Administrative Office of Pennsylvania Courts (AOPC) sets a uniform standard.
Link Posted: 4/26/2016 12:03:42 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

Lol irony.

Being upset with the cops for an unmarked car because if you knew they were in a marked car, you wouldn't have been speeding in the first place. LMFAO.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
I love ghost lettering.

Lol irony.

I got passed on a double yellow once.  The driver said "If I knew you were a cop, I wouldn't have done it!!".

Link Posted: 4/26/2016 12:04:42 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

I never get pulled over in my POV but I come to GD and getting pulled over seems to be the bain of their existence.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I never get pulled over in my POV but I come to GD and getting pulled over seems to be the bain of their existence.

A good while back there was a "How often do you get pulled over" thread. Quite a few guys were in the high teens.    How that is even possible eludes me.
Link Posted: 4/26/2016 12:07:36 PM EDT
[#38]
Due to the popularity of Dodge Chargers, I think all of them are cops at a distance.

Reminds me of how you could always tell a cop car at night thanks to those crown vic headlights.
Link Posted: 4/26/2016 12:11:32 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

I got passed on a double yellow once.  The driver said "If I knew you were a cop, I wouldn't have done it!!".

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
I love ghost lettering.

Lol irony.

That's really what this discussion comes down to. To some, it's a game and they think both parties should be on a level playing field.
I've said it before if "revenue generation" pisses you off so much then all you have to do to deny them that revenue is not violate traffic laws. Or, lobby your lawmakers to change traffic laws.

I personally have a 15mph over minimum for most speeding citations I issue. That goes down depending on attitude and prior traffic histroy. Also, a radar detector will earn you an automatic citation regardless of how much you were going over.
Link Posted: 4/26/2016 12:11:43 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

No one ever gets mad at the fire department for charging $1500 for a 10 minute ride to the hospital for a broken ankle
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Revenue

FPNI Again!

I took a $300 ride in an ambulance after a car accident.  I was pissed.
Link Posted: 4/26/2016 12:21:10 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

I saw a minivan in IL used for pulling someone over. No way in hell would I stop for that.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Dangerous as shit.  

I saw a minivan in IL used for pulling someone over. No way in hell would I stop for that.

Illinois State Police used a rusted out Duster on Route 53 in the early '90s.
Link Posted: 4/26/2016 12:21:51 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Dangerous as shit.  

When I was a reserve deputy on the criminal warrant team we used a minivan (my boss actually drove it as his take-home).

Nobody ever saw us coming.    

Doing traffic or normal patrol stuff in it would have been stupid and dangerous though.
Link Posted: 4/26/2016 12:22:11 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Revenue

FPNI Again!

At least you weren't air lifted.
Link Posted: 4/26/2016 12:23:57 PM EDT
[#44]
Link Posted: 4/26/2016 12:29:03 PM EDT
[#45]
Shit we had a triffic cop driving around for months in a suburban with a "watch for motorcycles" sticker, stick family and no license plate. Not talking about a small town cop either.

Another members pic of him.

Link Posted: 4/26/2016 12:29:58 PM EDT
[#46]
I agree it's stupid. In my state (at least a few years back when I was in LE) 4 inch or larger lettering was required to be on the vehicle to identify it so that it could be used for traffic enforcement.

That being said, I agree that it's a waste of money to bother putting those decals on. Either used a marked unit or don't depending on the task.
Link Posted: 4/26/2016 12:30:01 PM EDT
[#47]
From the time I started driving at 16 to this day I've been pulled over maybe 4 times.
Link Posted: 4/26/2016 12:30:16 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

He's been told that so many times I've lost count, yet here he is.  Very selective amnesia.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

Seems like you guys don't even know
Link Posted: 4/26/2016 12:34:53 PM EDT
[#49]
I saw one the other day. It was a Chattanooga PD car, and it was white on white sitting on the right shoulder of a 4 lane divided highway. My thought was that I had already slowed down because there was a vehicle commonly used as a police cruiser (this one was an Impala, but the same holds true for Chargers, Crown Vics, Explorers, Tahoes, etc.) sitting on the right shoulder. I didn't even notice the ghost graphics on the side until I passed it, which would have been too late anyway.
Link Posted: 4/26/2016 12:35:30 PM EDT
[#50]
A little town next to me has a black TransAm speed trap car. All of the lights are tucked inside and the markings are in dark purple. To top it off, it has custom billet rims and Nitto tires. Nothing about it says "cop car" unless your standing right next to it.
Page / 6
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top